Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #501
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerGirl09 View Post
The only thing I really seem to have the desire to eat these days is mashed potatoes and soup.

In the summer? I wonder if every woman thought the same thing that I did when I read this
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM   #502
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Volare! ohoh-ohoh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Save View Post
"My fave is probably the pompelmo; the aranciata rossa was too sweet. I just wish I could find the Sanbitter and Chino, but I don't think they're sold in the US."
I've only seen the Limonata and Aranciata varieties, & only available in family owned delis and specialty stores. I would speculate that any of the varieties that they make are equally available through a distributor; but that, & in order for it to be worth-it for a store to actually carry one, it would have to purchased in a sufficiently large quantity. And so, it might not be practical to dedicate that amount of shelf space to have so many of the sweet orange varieties, which seem sort of similar. e.g., The Amara looks, to me, like it might taste a little like Orangina, which is probably the more popular option here in the States. The Chinotto though, I would guess is kind of a risky investment. It's probably not too unlike Compari in that there's people that go crazy for it; but that, for most of the rest of us, it doesn't make too much sense unless paired or diluted with some sort of tonic or juice.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #503
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
In the summer? I wonder if every woman thought the same thing that I did when I read this
I had those same thoughts as well... now I could certainly go for a nice "cold soup" like GOLD'S BORSCHT with a DOLLOP of SOUR CREAM

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #504
ButlerGirl09
Sugar Magnolia

ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
I had those same thoughts as well... now I could certainly go for a nice "cold soup" like GOLD'S BORSCHT with a DOLLOP of SOUR CREAM

Yes, I know I'm crazy! But I also haven't been feeling the best lately and had a lot of dental work done this summer so soup and mashed potatoes are easy to eat
Old 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #505
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerGirl09 View Post
Yes, I know I'm crazy! But I also haven't been feeling the best lately and had a lot of dental work done this summer so soup and mashed potatoes are easy to eat
Quite understandable- hope you are feeling better and thankfully there are more than enough choices of soups to try....

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #506
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Iced tea, especially made the old-fashioned way.

So good in the summertime.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #507
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Corndogs.

I love Sonic's crunchy and perfect covered in yellow mustard.

I love Trade Day's(google it) foot long sweet corn bread batter corndogs with spicy yellow and hot sauce.

I'm obsessed with my Ya-ya's pickled sausage wrapped in tempura,dipped in homemade buttermilk ranch.

I even like the breakfast corn dogs with pancake batter and sausage,dipped in syrup.

Corndogs.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #508
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Speaking of soup---I had gazpacho for the first time this weekend. It was....amazing. I could eat/drink it every day. Cold spicy tomato soup with a ton of chopped veggies and so easy to make it's unreal.

Also had fish tacos for the first time--blue corn crusted cod chunks on soft tortillas with shredded jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado mayo. Bliss.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #509
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chicken strips and fries with plum sauce.

I can't get enough.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #510
JASmith
Godless heathen

JASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Lately, I have been really into putting Nutella on top of my ice cream....Works quite well.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #511
Pandasaur

Pandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 club

Kimchi and gimbap. Not together of course. A nice Korean couple sells it near my job so I always stock up when i have time
Pandasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #512
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tabouli. Casbah makes a great boxed version, with lots of parsley and just a hint of mint: better than what I've had in most restaurants!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #513
Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This is ridiculous, But I'm stuck on Subway. Like reaaaaallly bad. I get a foot long Turkey Bacon Avocado on Italian bread, Double meat, double cheese. I Just keep craving it! Sometimes I just get two subs, and the cookies are soooo good!
Stuffingkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #514
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Speaking of soup---I had gazpacho for the first time this weekend. It was....amazing. I could eat/drink it every day. Cold spicy tomato soup with a ton of chopped veggies and so easy to make it's unreal.

Also had fish tacos for the first time--blue corn crusted cod chunks on soft tortillas with shredded jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado mayo. Bliss.

Congrats on the fish tacos! The condiment options served with those tacos south of the border are amazing. There's usually a huge tray with all kinds of goodies to top them.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #515
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuffingkit View Post
This is ridiculous, But I'm stuck on Subway. Like reaaaaallly bad. I get a foot long Turkey Bacon Avocado on Italian bread, Double meat, double cheese. I Just keep craving it! Sometimes I just get two subs, and the cookies are soooo good!
Agreed! I have long been an Italian BMT fan ( toasted, with pepper jack, lettuce, tomato, pickle, green, yellow, and jalapeno peppers; mustard and red wine vinegrette).

But lately, I've been getting the Steak and Double cheese toasted. Any bread as long as its not the flat bread.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #516
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pre-sliced pound cake, in the clam shell containers found in the bakery section of most grocery stores.

Cake easily eaten one handed.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 AM   #517
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I loved Sobe teas that were flavored with pear or peach, but they seem to be history now. So I've been making my own tea and using this as the sweetener. Really good.

I also tried the pear nectar, but it's got that pear grittiness.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #518
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Don't miss out on their apricot nectar!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #519
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

1) It's blood orange season, and I'm on a mission to find more ways to use them.

2) Mascarpone! I recently tried it with brownies, and it was fantastic. I added a little espresso powder to a brownie mix and baked as directed. When they were cool, I frosted them with mascarpone and sprinkled some cinnamon on top. I'd use a little less next time. I wasn't sure how much to use, and an 8 oz. container was a lot for an 8" x 8" pan of brownies. Not in a bad way, though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 005.jpg (38.9 KB, 140 views)
Old 01-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #520
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Don't miss out on their apricot nectar!
I also bought the pineapple for pina coladas, but have not tried it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
1) It's blood orange season, and I'm on a mission to find more ways to use them.

2) Mascarpone! I recently tried it with brownies, and it was fantastic. I added a little espresso powder to a brownie mix and baked as directed. When they were cool, I frosted them with mascarpone and sprinkled some cinnamon on top. I'd use a little less next time. I wasn't sure how much to use, and an 8 oz. container was a lot for an 8" x 8" pan of brownies. Not in a bad way, though.
Did you sweeten the cheese?
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #521
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
Did you sweeten the cheese?
No, it balances nicely without adding anything. I've been getting good mascarpone from Trader Joe's, but I've also made mock mascarpone in the past (to go with chocolate bread) by adding a little sugar and vanilla to cream cheese.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #522
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

White wine, at the moment. I seem to have gotten over my red wine kick.

That and dark chocolate with sea salt and caramel from Trader Joe's. The stuff is chocolate paradise.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #523
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cheese and orange marmalade on either a good baguette or water crackers! Sooooo sooooo good!!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #524
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Vanilla ice cream with a splash of creme de cacao.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #525
instantkarma
we all shine on

instantkarma can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesinstantkarma can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesinstantkarma can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Pre-sliced pound cake, in the clam shell containers found in the bakery section of most grocery stores.

Cake easily eaten one handed.
Oh my goodness, that looks delicious. I need to pick some up at the store when I can.
instantkarma is offline   Reply With Quote