Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 05-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #551
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
I have really been into making my own granola and muslies lately
Thanks for the reminder. Have some bits I've been saving to make granola. Think I'll do it today.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #552
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've started making my own pico de gallo. Dice three seeded roma tomatoes, 1 green bell pepper, 1 small yellow onion, 1 pickled jalapeno (seeds and membrane removed) and 2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped.

Marinate the onions in 3 tablespoons lime juice before combining with the rest of the veggies. Salt and pepper to taste (1 used 1/2 teaspoon kosher, and a few spins from my pepper grinder).

Mix all together and consume.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:50 AM   #553
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just discovered this afternoon how damn moorish crispy seaweed is got it from our local Asain grocery store and am gonna be hard pressed to have any left you can crumble it over stir fries and into soups after they are made but its so delish on its own. At least I am gonna be near there every 6 weeks so that means I can get my store cupboard of yumminess happening even more
Old 06-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #554
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default lunch stuff

Subway- The Subway club sandwich loaded with lots of veggies and peppercinis

Tasty Kake's Butterscotch Krumpets (these are awesome for little store bought cakes)

Utz brand smokin' sweet BBQ kettle chips

fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #555
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Chocolate Chip Frappe from Mcdonalds, so good
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #556
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lychees!

They're in season, and I managed to get by an Asian supermarket to buy a couple pounds of them.

Tracy
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #557
breeislove

breeislove can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbreeislove can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbreeislove can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

cherry tomatoes! with just a little bit of salt to bring out the taste. i'd rather sit with a cherub of cherry tomatoes during a movie than with a bag of popcorn. so delicious.
breeislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #558
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep
Default Apple-Peanut Butter-Honey Oatmeal

I just take oatmeal and add sliced apples, peanut butter and honey.

Yummy !
Old 07-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #559
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

A juicy and sweet abricot, just hot of the true
Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #560
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I just tried the Asian Salad at Chick-fil-a with honey sesame dressing...very very good! Had them 2 nights in a row for dinner..
Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #561
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeislove View Post
cherry tomatoes! with just a little bit of salt to bring out the taste. i'd rather sit with a cherub of cherry tomatoes during a movie than with a bag of popcorn. so delicious.
I can only have cherry tomatoes if they're already cut in half, else I just bite down softly worrying about the "bursting" in my mouth. I've never had the pleasure of another man in my mouth, but with every bursting bite I imagine that's what it would feel like so it kind of turns me off to the idea of eating cherry tomatoes.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #562
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I can only have cherry tomatoes if they're already cut in half, else I just bite down softly worrying about the "bursting" in my mouth. I've never had the pleasure of another man in my mouth, but with every bursting bite I imagine that's what it would feel like so it kind of turns me off to the idea of eating cherry tomatoes.
A nut burst tastes way better than tomatoes.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #563
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
A nut burst tastes way better than tomatoes.
Bahaha you're fantastic.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #564
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I read somewhere recently (probably here) that American food is the peasant food (recipes and dishes) from the countries America gathered immigrants from.

I've been looking for recipes that originate in an Non-American country that has "peasant" or "poor peoples" attached to see if this is true. Makes me want to compile a recipe book titled Peasant Food of the World.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #565
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Makes me want to compile a recipe book titled Peasant Food of the World.
You write it; I'll buy it. Peasant food is amazing!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #566
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Iced double mocha cappucinos.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #567
DKnight00
Gamer

DKnight00 does more than just post hot picsDKnight00 does more than just post hot picsDKnight00 does more than just post hot picsDKnight00 does more than just post hot pics

I don't usually go crazy over food items but..........

These fruit parfaits, are amazing. After having one I began buying them daily, sometimes two at a time.... maybe its to counter that jack link's beef jerky craze I was on a while ago
DKnight00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #568
missyj1978

missyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging in

BBQ ribs and greens Got my rib cooking down to a science and the greens, well my DR told me I need more iron
missyj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #569
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
I read somewhere recently (probably here) that American food is the peasant food (recipes and dishes) from the countries America gathered immigrants from.

I've been looking for recipes that originate in an Non-American country that has "peasant" or "poor peoples" attached to see if this is true. Makes me want to compile a recipe book titled Peasant Food of the World.
I love "peasant" food. There's just something comforting about it. Growing up on peasant food, I have notice some similarities in foods that have been "assimilated" to fit into american culture.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #570
Grundsau 11
pennagrundsau

Grundsau 11 can now change their title

Quote:

Try looking up browned flour potato soup called, I believe something close to "zaprashka"
in Czechoslovakian. It is peasant food and I believe, shared many Eastern European countries & nationalities.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #571
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

After doing a google search on zaprashka and finding not one similar recipe, I found a definition in an "Encyclopedia of Jewish Food" that equates zaprashka (Polish), balsamella (Italian), mehlschwitze (German) and roux (French). Einbren , alternatively, is a Yiddish word for browned dry flour.

Zaprashka itself was a roux using whatever fat is available and flour. Then water and whatever was available to add to it, to make a "humble" soup.

Most recipes were either a sauerkraut, mushroom, or potato soup.

Thanks for the tip. I like having a key word like zaprashka that is unique enough to open more content and history than you can shake a stick at.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 08-08-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #572
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

banana milk shakes.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #573
missyj1978

missyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging in

Jalapeno poppers! Cant seem to get enough of them
missyj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #574
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Greens! I have been putting kale and spinach in everything i possibly can. Over the weekend i steamed 5lbs of greens and made an Indian inspired dish to keep in the fridge for quick and easy meals. It is good! I am starting to not like anything that isn't full of greens and veggies. I never thought i'd come to the point that chips and sweets aren't my thing in favor of healthy foods. Must be getting old or something
Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #575
Ashley1985
Take it easy on yourself.

Ashley1985 can now change their title

Kashai Go Lean Crisps.

7/23/2010 ... because the Cool Kids Don't Dance.
Ashley1985 is offline   Reply With Quote