Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 08-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #576
Grundsau 11
pennagrundsau

Grundsau 11 can now change their title

chilidog ((s)--they ALWAYS travel in packs!) from jimmy's quick lunch in Hazleton, Pennsylvania!
None better. Since c.1937...:-D
Old 08-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #577
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Don't know if you remember Jeff Smith aka the Frugal Gourmet, but he often cooked immigrant food on his show. The stories were great. I'm sure there was a cookbook as well.

He later fell out of favor due to being accused of sexual misconduct, but I liked the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I read somewhere recently (probably here) that American food is the peasant food (recipes and dishes) from the countries America gathered immigrants from.

I've been looking for recipes that originate in an Non-American country that has "peasant" or "poor peoples" attached to see if this is true. Makes me want to compile a recipe book titled Peasant Food of the World.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #578
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

root beer floats.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #579
fat9276
~more jiggles than jello~

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tater tots with nacho cheese sauce and chili on top.

Yeah, yeah! I know you are saying "that's just chili-cheese fries" but it's like, tater tots man.

Tots.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #580
missyj1978

missyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging in

bbq chicken wings!! Messy but so worth it
missyj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #581
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lifesavers gummies- two flavors in one are my fave.

It's starburst when I can't get those

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #582
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chiles. A buddy of mine makes incredible cornbread with this stuff; I've started putting it in all my recipes that call for diced tomatoes. Zing!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #583
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
Tater tots with nacho cheese sauce and chili on top.

Yeah, yeah! I know you are saying "that's just chili-cheese fries" but it's like, tater tots man.

Tots.
I don't know if I'm just smitten with you or if everything you post just genuinely makes me laugh/smile.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #584
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Taco Bell Mexican Pizza.. where have you been all my life?
Old 09-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #585
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Kale(o) shakes!

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #586
agnieszka

agnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesagnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

kale and pineapple stew in peanut butter sauce. OMG, I made it 3 times last week and still craving for more :-)
agnieszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #587
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnieszka View Post
kale and pineapple stew in peanut butter sauce. OMG, I made it 3 times last week and still craving for more :-)
This is one I've never heard of. Would you be willing to share the recipe?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #588
agnieszka

agnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesagnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
This is one I've never heard of. Would you be willing to share the recipe?
found it here, the only changes I make are- I finely chop the pineapple and add a bit more juice and peanut butter (I use cheap Asda's own brand which I believe is Wal-Mart somewhere else :P)
Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #589
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:

I made it myself tonight, and is it ever good! Rep is coming your way.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #590
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I made it myself tonight, and is it ever good! Rep is coming your way.
I REALLY want to make this because you two seem to have raved about it...but it just doesn't sound appetizing to me. I'm on the fence big time.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #591
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pluots. If i had them in teh house still, i think that's all I'd eat. They are like candy, so yummy and sweet. Must hit the orchard again this weekend!
Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #592
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
found it here, the only changes I make are- I finely chop the pineapple and add a bit more juice and peanut butter (I use cheap Asda's own brand which I believe is Wal-Mart somewhere else :P)
ooh, that looks good! I might have to get some more kale and try it! I just love that website. I have yet to make a recipe that disappoints.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #593
agnieszka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I REALLY want to make this because you two seem to have raved about it...but it just doesn't sound appetizing to me. I'm on the fence big time.
When I first saw this, my reaction was 'wtf is that? how is that supposed to be tasty?' then I started thinking that I actually did like fruit with meat (way back when I was eating meat) and I have always liked pad thai with double peanuts, so why not give it a try. And from economical point of view, this receipe is a very cheap one so I would not feel guilty of flushing the pot content down the toilet if it came out rubbish.

Honestly, one of the best thing I have ever eaten (jus add a bit more chillies and garlick if it is too bland for you)

Megan- I love Susan's website too (have you tried the fat free mayo or THE salad?)
Old 09-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #594
swordchick
Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!

swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Cotton Candy Grapes are yummy. They do taste like cotton candy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.8 KB, 98 views)

Rest in peace, Cinda
and all the others that have passed.
We will miss you sweet angels.

swordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #595
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordchick View Post
OOOOHHH!! MUST HAVE!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #596
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordchick View Post

Oh my goodness! I need those!!!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #597
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My latest kick is peanut butter soft serve ice cream! I could eat it every day!! (unfortunately that would get pretty expensive pretty quick!) *sigh*
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #598
fat9276
~more jiggles than jello~

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tazo organic chai tea... it's the only brand I can find with black pepper in it. Black pepper makes alllllll the difference in the world for a truly good cup of chai IMO. Plus, Tazo has good quality tea and brews stronger and with more taste.

I make mine a bit sweet and add some half n' half. Mmmmm, so warm, creamy and spicy
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #599
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Charlotte BBW View Post
My latest kick is peanut butter soft serve ice cream! I could eat it every day!! (unfortunately that would get pretty expensive pretty quick!) *sigh*
Sonic has peanut butter milkshakes to die for...

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #600
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Sonic has peanut butter milkshakes to die for...
The peanut butter banana is amaaaazing.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote