Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #601
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

have I mentioned these Hostess donettes? recently?
Old 09-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #602
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's September....and honey crisp apples are about!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #603
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Absinthe. I'm normally not much of a drinker, but it's so...nice.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #604
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Every six months or so, I get hooked on Pho. Yup, right on schedule...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #605
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The guacamole chips were bought at 3pm. I just opened them at 12 AM. They are gone. lol I had a homemade salsa...and then just started to eat the chips! So good.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #606
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

These should be illegal because they're too good.

Last edited by FatAndProud; 09-25-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #607
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm ashamed to say Subway (because they are anti fat) footlong spicy italian subs and Chic Fil A (because they are anti gay) chicken biscuits.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #608
FatAndProud

I snack a lot, I guess.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:21 AM   #609
SprocketRocket

SprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized rep

Starting to maybe try to get back into eating a lot of cheeses.
SprocketRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:29 AM   #610
Grundsau 11
pennagrundsau

Grundsau 11 can now change their title

They brought back ring dings!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #611
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I snack a lot, I guess.

Oooh, these sounds lovely!

I am currently addicted to Cadbury with Daim Bar..om nom nom...

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #612
FatAndProud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
Oooh, these sounds lovely!...
They are. If you've had elephant ears, or even funnel cakes, then that's what they taste like (only less fried, sorry lol!)

Elephant Ears
Old 10-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #613
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Alas, I've never had either of those!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #614
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've had elephant ears.. but not with cinnamon and sugar on them. Usually they're about 6-8 inches in diameter, and smothered in chili, sour cream, shredded cheese, diced tomato, shredded iceberg lettuce, and salsa.

Quickly devoured.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #615
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I've had elephant ears.. but not with cinnamon and sugar on them. Usually they're about 6-8 inches in diameter, and smothered in chili, sour cream, shredded cheese, diced tomato, shredded iceberg lettuce, and salsa.
In the southwestern US, this is variously known as a Navajo taco/Indian taco. They are as much standard fair food as elephant ears/funnel cakes, but (IMO) a whole lot tastier!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #616
FatAndProud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Quickly devoured.
I demand you get these and take a pic!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #617
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Milk Duds!!!!!!!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #618
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
In the southwestern US, this is variously known as a Navajo taco/Indian taco. They are as much standard fair food as elephant ears/funnel cakes, but (IMO) a whole lot tastier!
In Utah, I've heard them called Navajo/Indian tacos, as well as scones. There was a surge in popularity at one time to the point that someone started a chain of restaurants called the Sconecutter, with five locations in.. Salt Lake City only.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #619
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
For you, I'll do anything..
Old 10-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #620
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My latest food kick is chili, since we are now entering the colder time of the year and it's my favorite cold-weather food.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #621
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
My latest food kick is chili, since we are now entering the colder time of the year and it's my favorite cold-weather food.
PostRecipePlsThx
Old 10-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #622
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
I went to the SconeCutter for lunch today and ordered the Navaho taco (hold the onions, with jalapenos). It seems odd but the combo comes with fries.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #623
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dominex breaded eggplant cutlets. I've tried several recipes for eggplant parmigiana, and it never has turned out to my satisfaction. So when I saw the box in the freezer case, I thought, "It's probably terrible, but I gotta try it!" And, behold, it was great -- better than I've had in some restaurants (okay, Olive Garden, but still...). Today I had a terrific eggplant parmigiana sandwich for lunch, and I believe these cutlets and I have a beautiful future together.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #624
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Every six months or so, I get hooked on Pho. Yup, right on schedule...
(As an aside, what is the term for a bunch of Brits lined up for pho? Pho queue. )

My latest kick is greens: Curly kale, collard, turnip, etc. They're cheap fresh this time of year. I cook them with a chopped onion, some cured pork scraps, a little garlic, salt, pepper, and a squirt or two of Sriracha sauce. I use a minimal amount of water and boil it almost all off at the end. Yummy!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #625
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post

My latest kick is greens: Curly kale, collard, turnip, etc. They're cheap fresh this time of year. I cook them with a chopped onion, some cured pork scraps, a little garlic, salt, pepper, and a squirt or two of Sriracha sauce. I use a minimal amount of water and boil it almost all off at the end. Yummy!
The traditional Southern approach is to stir-fry the greens in a big pot with about a tablespoon of oil and a selection of the accompaniments you mention. The water comes from the greens themselves and mixes with the onion, salt, pepper, etc. to make what is sometimes called "pot likker." I recommend this as a variation.