Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Meatloaf - Meatloaf - I love meatloaf!!

I don't know why - but ever since we were in Texas for Labor Day weekend and I had meatloaf at a local restaurant - I can't get enough of it. A couple of times a week I have to make it. With mashed potatoes of course. I just had a cold meatloaf sandwich for breakfast too. LOL On whole wheat bread of course.

Does anyone else go through this??????????
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #2
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Italian Meatloaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie_Zitkus
I don't know why - but ever since we were in Texas for Labor Day weekend and I had meatloaf at a local restaurant - I can't get enough of it. A couple of times a week I have to make it. With mashed potatoes of course. I just had a cold meatloaf sandwich for breakfast too. LOL On whole wheat bread of course.

Does anyone else go through this??????????
I don't eat meatloaf often 'cause I usually wipe it out in a day.
Here is my easy recipe for Italian Meatloaf:

Make your favorite basic meatloaf recipe (double batch works best), flatten the meat out on a deep sided cookie sheet, place pepperoni,mozzarella chs.,sliced canned mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes (a personal favorite) or any of your favorite pizza toppings (although I can't see this working with anchovies) in the middle leaving room around the edges of the meatloaf. Fold all of the meatloaf over the toppings completely and seal so that toppings are completely enclosed.Try to keep it in a hand-formed loaf. Bake until almost done (you who cook often can figure it out!). Pour a small jar of pizza sause over the loaf and continue cooking until done.
When done, this may be the oiliest, fattest meatloaf you may have ever made but, man, it is fabulous!!!
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

OMG - you killin' me with that recipe. Now I have to make it and I still have meatloaf from last night to eat!!!

Anyone else wanna share meatloaf recipes????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnnekked
I don't eat meatloaf often 'cause I usually wipe it out in a day.
Here is my easy recipe for Italian Meatloaf:

Make your favorite basic meatloaf recipe (double batch works best), flatten the meat out on a deep sided cookie sheet, place pepperoni,mozzarella chs.,sliced canned mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes (a personal favorite) or any of your favorite pizza toppings (although I can't see this working with anchovies) in the middle leaving room around the edges of the meatloaf. Fold all of the meatloaf over the toppings completely and seal so that toppings are completely enclosed.Try to keep it in a hand-formed loaf. Bake until almost done (you who cook often can figure it out!). Pour a small jar of pizza sause over the loaf and continue cooking until done.
When done, this may be the oiliest, fattest meatloaf you may have ever made but, man, it is fabulous!!!
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #4
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just made this today, and almost ate the whole thing for dinner with garlic mashed potatoes and corn on the cob

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._10215,00.html
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #5
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I made the meat loaf Sandie was talking about. No real recipe, but here's what it contained:

2 pounds ground beef
2 eggs
1 can tomato paste
2 small Vadalia onions, chopped
1 tsp basil
Salt & pepper

I mixed all the above ingredients together, and then used an ice cream scoop to put it into the 12 sections of a muffin pan - a trick we learned from watching Rachael Ray's "30 Minute Meals". So technically, they were meat muffins.

And we had garlic mashed potatoes to go with it. I filled the pressure cooker with cut-up Yukon Gold potatoes, added about a cup of water and 5 cloves of garlic, and cooked it for about ten minutes after the regulator started rocking. I mashed everything up and added a stick of "I Can't believe It's Not Butter" and enough soy milk to make it creamy.

YUM!!!!
Old 10-15-2005, 07:08 AM   #6
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Mmmm meatloaf is one of my faves too! and of course you can't forget the mashed potatoes and yellow sweet corn... sigh... I really need to get something to eat before reading these boards
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:18 AM   #7
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

It is a really small meatloaf, but this is mine. My bf apparently really digs it because it is mostly gone by the end of the night.

1lb of ground beef
3/4 lb of Sausage
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 egg
2 slices of white bread/crusts removed
1/2 cup of ketchup

mix it up, pat it up, mark it with a B..oops... wrong thing
Mix it, shape into a mound, and place in a iron skillet. Bake for about an hour, I think at 350. When it is done, put a rack under it and let it sit for a few minutes to wick some of the grease away.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 AM   #8
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I always like to add tons of tomato paste on the outside, like frosting. Can't beat it when it gets nice and crispy.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:53 PM   #9
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
I always like to add tons of tomato paste on the outside, like frosting. Can't beat it when it gets nice and crispy.
I like to coat my meatloaf in this stuff called "Tiger Sauce". It is like a hot sauce but sweet, as well. The sugar in it makes the coating a little crispy as it bakes, and tones down the fire of the hot sauce.

yum!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #10
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default I am going mad.....

...with insane desire for meatload after this thread appeared...but here is my dilemma...I'm...gasp...a vegetarian! Oh dear...does anyone have a really good recipe for vegetarian meatloaf that could be adapted???....I eat low salt, so I will have to adapt that too...but I just LOVE a challenge in the kitchen!
Old 10-15-2005, 05:23 PM   #11
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

mmms no recipe, but do you ever eat the frozen Amy's Veggie Loaf. It is really yummy!
Old 10-15-2005, 08:17 PM   #12
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus
...with insane desire for meatload after this thread appeared...but here is my dilemma...I'm...gasp...a vegetarian! Oh dear...does anyone have a really good recipe for vegetarian meatloaf that could be adapted???....I eat low salt, so I will have to adapt that too...but I just LOVE a challenge in the kitchen!
Here ya go...

I haven't tried it myself but it got 4 1/2 out of 5 stars from the 16 reviews. A lot of the reviews offer changes that may make it more to your liking. Check it out!

I don't eat meat often but this meatloaf thread is making me want some like right NOW! Yum! I love it with mashed potatoes and the next day it makes the best sandwiches with just a smear of spicy brown mustard. mmmmm.

http://vegetarian.allrecipes.com/az/...withVgtbls.asp
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 08:38 PM   #13
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Obesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging inObesus makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Bless youse!

...you have sent me the way to the delight of yummy veggie meatloaf! I will fiddle around with the salt content and seasoning and report on what I find...this reminds me of the time that my friend and I attempted to create the perfect scratch-built cream-puff shell...it took months and months, but we finally achieved a cream-puff shell that floated...NASA was very interested! LOL Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie
Here ya go...

I haven't tried it myself but it got 4 1/2 out of 5 stars from the 16 reviews. A lot of the reviews offer changes that may make it more to your liking. Check it out!

I don't eat meat often but this meatloaf thread is making me want some like right NOW! Yum! I love it with mashed potatoes and the next day it makes the best sandwiches with just a smear of spicy brown mustard. mmmmm.

http://vegetarian.allrecipes.com/az/...withVgtbls.asp
Old 10-15-2005, 08:41 PM   #14
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default OK.....that sounds just peachy!

All of this talk about meatloaf is driving me to distraction because I used to love it before I turned vegetarian...like....gulp 36 years ago....oh, I think the scale of it all is just hitting me...I better go off to the "Are there any ancients around" thread on the main board! LOL Thanks for the tip...I'll find one tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
mmms no recipe, but do you ever eat the frozen Amy's Veggie Loaf. It is really yummy!
Old 10-15-2005, 08:45 PM   #15
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

I just love a man that experiments in the kitchen! Rare to find those that actually enjoy cooking and to find one who fiddles around with recipes until he gets exactly want he wants? Sublime.
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:01 PM   #16
Obesus
Designated Fat Holy Man

Default That brings up my theory and maybe a new thread...

..on the relationship between painting and cooking...both are traditional yet explorative art forms and both seem to weave betwixt each other in my life...my painting studio is just two steps down from the kitchen and it is not unusual for me to take a quick step up the stairs to have a lovely coffee and pasta snackage! The flavor sensations bring forth new ideas and energy for the art...same with the music...my studio is just down the hall from...the kitchen! Hmmm...there is a pattern...but I have always loved working in the kitchen...it is calming and peaceful, fun and creative...stuff I find perky!
More men should give it a try...I have loved those cooking shows on PBS since...gosh....the mid 1960's....Cooking as art form! Right on!

Quote:
I just love a man that experiments in the kitchen! Rare to find those that actually enjoy cooking and to find one who fiddles around with recipes until he gets exactly want he wants? Sublime.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:08 PM   #17
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Lightbulb I make it with Apples!

2 lbs of ground beef
2 eggs
3 slices of bread
2 cored/sliced apples
1/2 cup of applesauce
2 small chopped onions
pepper/salt

It's really yummy and moist with the apples!
(And a different fall flavor with the apples and onions!)

~Allie
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:41 AM   #18
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Veggie Meatloaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obesus
I actually have one floating around somewhere. I'll try to dig it out for you.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:43 AM   #19
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

Quote:
I love to cook but I like to fiddle with other things too! (wink,wink,nudge,nudge)
Old 10-17-2005, 12:33 PM   #20
Fan~Girl
On Timeout

Fan~Girl has said some nice things

I can honestly say I've never eaten nor seen meatloaf before in my life ... this is my punishment for living across the pond. But if it's anything like what I'm think of it sounds fab. Is it just pure meat? With bits and bobs mixed in in a loaf shape?
When I say that I can't help but think of the hovis ad's ....
Fan~Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:03 PM   #21
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Vegetarian meatloaf

Couldn't you just make a regular recipe using TVP instead of meat?
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:32 PM   #22
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

ok I'm not going to post a recipe because I always just throw it together out of whatever Sometimes I put in corn, and one of the best things to put in the meatloaf AND the sauce is apple sauce. Try it. And I always cook mine on a rack so all the grease goes away.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 08:38 PM   #23
PrettyFatGirl4U
R U ready 4 this jelly?

PrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this boardPrettyFatGirl4U carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm not a big meat eater but I do make a mean turkey loaf!

2-3 pounds chopped lean turkey
1 egg
1 packet Success Brown Rice
1 packet Knorr's Vegetable Soup and Dip mix (this is the one you make the spinach dip with)
2 large onions - chopped in medium dice
olive oil
1 packet instant chicken broth
2 2oz. cans mushroom pieces - drained
Tabasco Green Jalepeno Sauce
1 8 oz. bag of fresh Spinach
ground pepper, garlic powder to taste (1/2 to 1 tsp.)

Chop onions and saute in olive oil until transparent and soft but not brown
Boil Success rice according to directions
Julienne/chop Spinach in large cuts and place in large mixing bowl
When rice is cooked and cooled slightly, add it to the spinach to wilt the spinach slightly.
Add sauted onions as well - allow this mixture to cool slightly - it should be closer to room temp. than HOT
Add egg, chopped turkey, soup mix, instant broth, mushrooms, spices and 10 -15 healthy shots of the Jalepeno sauce

Mix together well until well blended ( I use a potato masher) Place mixture in teflon loaf pan (I spray with PAM for good measure) and pat into loaf shape. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.

I serve this with turkey gravy and mashed potatoes and it's YUMMY! (and pretty healthy too!) And the next day, it's awesome on some crusty rolls with mayo and a slice of tomato! Enjoy!

Last edited by PrettyFatGirl4U; 10-22-2005 at 08:47 PM.
PrettyFatGirl4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #24
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWMoon
2 lbs of ground beef
2 eggs
3 slices of bread
2 cored/sliced apples
1/2 cup of applesauce
2 small chopped onions
pepper/salt

It's really yummy and moist with the apples!
(And a different fall flavor with the apples and onions!)

~Allie
We made this last night, Allie - it's the BEST meatloaf either of us ever had!!!

Thanks for posting the recipe!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #25
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Thumbs up Apple Meatloaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus
We made this last night, Allie - it's the BEST meatloaf either of us ever had!!!

Thanks for posting the recipe!

Thanks Wayne and Sandie!

I'm glad you tried it! (And enjoyed)
It's really good this time of year...

~Allie
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote