Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-29-2005, 12:42 PM   #1
BTB
a nut, but not just a nut

BTB can now change their title
Default The New Board and what the old meant to me

It's great seeing things go on here, I was really afraid for a moment that Dimensions would vanish, but now I am very optimistic about it.
I discovered Dimensions In the year 2000 I think.
It took me awhile after discovering the site that there were the forums as well but the people and the activity always brought me back.
It enfueled me to become more active build a now defunct website, four yahoo groups and write some obscur stories, two of them I still have to finish and one of the first things I did and still am very proud of The Laws of Weightgain. Which since then have their own spot at dimensions.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/Weight_Room/laws.html

So I hope we all make the best of the new forum
BTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTB
It's great seeing things go on here, I was really afraid for a moment that Dimensions would vanish, but now I am very optimistic about it. ...So I hope we all make the best of the new forum
There was never any danger of the Dimensions website vanishing. In fact, it's been remarkably stable for over ten years. As for the new software, it is much better than the old one, and much more flexible. It'll take some getting used to, and I'll have to tweak settings and such. Anyway, I am glad you like it, and I hope this is a great beginning for lots more Weight Board discussion.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
DocSavage57

DocSavage57 has said some nice things
Default Sorry to see the old board go, ready to embrace the new board.

I have been following Dimensions for a very long time. I started out with their 8.5 by 11 sheets of paper stapled together in the 80ís; I believe it was call FA Sig back then. I also have been a member of the online boards since they were created. All I can say is you have done a great job Conrad! Nowhere else has there been a publication or online community that has lasted this long. This takes a lot of time and effort. I am glad to hear that you are still passionate and willing to continue providing this great benefit to us.

Thanks again Conrad!
DocSavage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #4
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

I agree completely. Great job on the new boards Conrad. I really do like this style of board. It is the same kind that we have on the Long Hair Community, and I think it really lends toward a friendly community. It may seem funny...but I think the new boards are much more communicative and open. I see more people participating and talking about all kinds of things. Guy said it may be because you actually have to register and everyone knows who everyone is.

Anyway thanks!! This rocks, and so do you!!!!!

Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote