Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 11-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
lysh
learn me something

lysh can now change their title
Question "Feedism" vs. "Feederism"

I'm not new to this topic but I have noticed that recently several folks here have begun to use the term "feedism" over the term "feederism" when talking about 'Erotic Weight Gain.'

Is this done intentionally (on purpose)? Why the shift to the term 'feedism'? (I could guess but I don't want to presume to know)

LYSH
lysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
shin_moyseku
Long live to the Fat

shin_moyseku can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesshin_moyseku can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

personally i like the new term, because feederism only tells feeder, feedism also includes feedees and foodees maybe, its just feed-ism.

i like it so much, i dont know if i am totally correct but this is the way i feel.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, I've noticed that change too...
Old 11-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

when did this happen?
why do we keep changing our affiliations so much here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Because this is the internet and new popular terminology spreads like a viral 4chan meme? =o

Feederism implies that it's all about the feeder and kinda ignores the feedee, which seems like a rather backwards view of it to me. After all, a feedee can stuff and gain on her own, but a feeder needs somebody to feed.

Feedism is a more accurate way of describing the fetishes and has less of an assumptive bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
mrman1980uk
Bicycling cake-baker

mrman1980uk can now change their title

Does it really have to be an "ism" at all? Can one not simply talk of people who rather like it when attractive members of the opposite sex rather overdo the food and put on a little weight? Or would that be entirely too straightforward...?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman1980uk View Post
Does it really have to be an "ism" at all? Can one not simply talk of people who rather like it when attractive members of the opposite sex rather overdo the food and put on a little weight? Or would that be entirely too straightforward...?
It would take too long to type all of that out. Feedism is much quicker.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Methinks this is the terminological equivalent of a, "backronymn". A couple lazy people - either accidentally or on purpose - shortened the term, "feederism" and now we're all coming up with ways to make it sound legit.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

No, Totmacher, there was a thread discussion a few months back about something to do with feederism, and someone said he preferred the term feedism because he said it was all inclusive. It was the first time I'd heard it. I think maybe it's caught on. I've probably used the term feedism myself since then. I can't remember the thread or the poster tho. Sorry.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
BTB
a nut, but not just a nut

BTB can now change their title
Default re

I am waiting for Feedology, when this wonderful tendency becomes either an acadmic science or a religion.
BTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
No, Totmacher, there was a thread discussion a few months back about something to do with feederism, and someone said he preferred the term feedism because he said it was all inclusive. It was the first time I'd heard it. I think maybe it's caught on. I've probably used the term feedism myself since then. I can't remember the thread or the poster tho. Sorry.
Neither can. I have noooooooooooo idea who coined that term.

Quote:
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #12
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Necromancer View Post
Neither can. I have noooooooooooo idea who coined that term.

LOL, ok. It was you then. What was the thread?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #13
Fuzzy Necromancer

Well I definitely used it in the "Who is the 'feedee' of whom you speak?" thread. I might have used it earlier in another one tho.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #14
chunkylex

chunkylex has said some nice things
Red face Efficiency

if you have ever chatted online or read some post , messages, or comments you'd quickly see that it's all about efficiency, most of the Time in the terms of acronyms. Might be a good reason that word was slightly shorten, just for the sake of writing it quicker.
chunkylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #15
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Quote:
Just because the term's been around for a few months doesn't mean it wasn't coined at some time. I stand by my belief the term's been around before it had a meaning.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #16
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totmacher View Post
Just because the term's been around for a few months doesn't mean it wasn't coined at some time. I stand by my belief the term's been around before it had a meaning.
Fair enough.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:44 AM   #17
lysh
learn me something

Default comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman1980uk View Post
"people who rather like it when attractive members of the opposite sex"

'cept that people who are into the same sex also sometimes enjoy the same thing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkylex
you'd quickly see that it's all about efficiency, most of the Time in the terms of acronyms. Might be a good reason that word was slightly shorten, just for the sake of writing it quicker.
I'd like to think the change in terms was more intentional rather than just due to lazyness. E.g. As Fuzzy says "Feederism implies that it's all about the feeder and kinda ignores the feedee" while feedism is less assumptive.

I still wonder how a change in terminology like this can be adopted by the group en masse. Should it be voted on? Or just by its usage seen to have been adpoted? And I wonder if those who use the "other main site" (Fantasy Feeder) would take on a similiar change in terminology so easily?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 AM   #18
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Feederism implies that it's all about the feeder and kinda ignores the feedee, which seems like a rather backwards view of it to me. After all, a feedee can stuff and gain on her own, but a feeder needs somebody to feed.

Feedism is a more accurate way of describing the fetishes and has less of an assumptive bias.
Quote:
Yah, what they said. I don't remember who proposed it, but I thought that it was a better term than feederism. I'm still not totally enamoured with it, as I think for a lot of people interested in feedism there is not so much of a 'feed' component, but it is the best term we've had yet IMO.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 PM   #19
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysh View Post
.... I still wonder how a change in terminology like this can be adopted by the group en masse. Should it be voted on? Or just by its usage seen to have been adpoted? And I wonder if those who use the "other main site" (Fantasy Feeder) would take on a similiar change in terminology so easily?
The same way any word gets changed/added/dropped from any language. Languages evolve and/or die out. I'm sure that 500 years from now the English language will be quite different from what it is now, assuming it survives that much longer. There is actually a branch of linguistics that deals with just that, but I forget what it's called at the moment.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #20
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

worst thread
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #21
Fuzzy Necromancer

I don't know that all languages do that. The English language is particularly idiosyncratic, patchwork, and promiscuious. If it wasn't for British imperialism, I doubt anybody would have bothered to learn it.

Icelandic language spoken today would be perfectly intelligible to an individual of that region from centuries ago.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #22
lysh
learn me something

Quote:
worst thread

(dare I ask? ...)

...... because ......... ?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #23
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
I don't know that all languages do that. The English language is particularly idiosyncratic, patchwork, and promiscuious. If it wasn't for British imperialism, I doubt anybody would have bothered to learn it.

Icelandic language spoken today would be perfectly intelligible to an individual of that region from centuries ago.
I think you just argued my point. I just can't imagine that any language, even one's spoken in relative isolation, wouldn't evolve. Technology brings new words, new understanding of the world around you brings new words. There are many living languages besides english that are quite different from their younger selves, but still recognizable. They've evolved.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #24
Totmacher

Cool

Quote:
I think you just argued my point. I just can't imagine that any language, even one's spoken in relative isolation, wouldn't evolve. Technology brings new words, new understanding of the world around you brings new words. There are many living languages besides english that are quite different from their younger selves, but still recognizable. They've evolved.
You're speaking about vocabulary. In the english language pronounciation, grammar, and graphology in addition to vocabulary change at a rate that, on the surface, appears quite rapid even when compared to the growth of science, technology, and philosophy over the same period.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #25
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totmacher View Post
You're speaking about vocabulary. In the english language pronounciation, grammar, and graphology in addition to vocabulary change at a rate that, on the surface, appears quite rapid even when compared to the growth of science, technology, and philosophy over the same period.
You're absolutely right, but just to be clear, I wasn't just thinking about modern day science when I posted before. Anything that humans invent or discover to make a task easier is technology. I was actually wondering about how something like the invention of soap would have changed a language, like does it change the meaning of "clean?" Was there a different form of the word "clean" before soap? Like that kind of thing.