Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 11-19-2008, 04:46 PM   #51
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis KC View Post
No I did'nt. I admitted that I saw the same angle as I knew the politically correct prudes would. Once again, they always play the race card.
In case you haven't noticed, Louis, this is a site for acceptance. As in, people come here because it's a safe-haven from bigotry and judgment. It never fails to amaze me that some people who come here to escape ugly and demeaning remarks about their weight can't grasp that ugly and demeaning remarks about race don't belong here either.

Or maybe you're just unaware of the racist history of comparing black people to monkeys?
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #52
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I'm sure you're laughing along with this guy

http://shakespearessister.blogspot.c...cscary_12.html
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #53
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Louis, aside from the lack of entertainment and sensitivity in your Curious Obama post there's just a matter of basic Board etiquette. This thread was started by the charming and respected Dr. Marshall for amusement purposes. FWIW I agree the earlier Dubya morph was inappropriate in this thread as well but no one would take it as racist. Regardless, I'd suggest you to take this conversation to PrivateMessages or even try a poll in Hyde Park asking who thinks your post was racist. At this point you're just disrupting a fun thread for the rest of us and digging yourself a deeper hole. Thanks for your consideration.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #54
Louis KC

Louis KC can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLouis KC can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLouis KC can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
In case you haven't noticed, Louis, this is a site for acceptance. As in, people come here because it's a safe-haven from bigotry and judgment. It never fails to amaze me that some people who come here to escape ugly and demeaning remarks about their weight can't grasp that ugly and demeaning remarks about race don't belong here either.

Or maybe you're just unaware of the racist history of comparing black people to monkeys?
Yes, I am aware of the history of the ugly comparison. Thats why I hesitated in posting it. However, It was posted to be humorous, not vicious as I have already pointed out. You are the one who decided to take it out of context and play the racial angle. The Mods have already messaged me about the pic and said it was fine so lighten up and have a sense of humor already!
Louis KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #55
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
No I did'nt. I admitted that I saw the same angle as I knew the politically correct prudes would. Once again, they always play the race card.
Maybe you are the politically correct prude, come out of the closet already, wouldya!!

So, choice # 1 - politically correct prude
choice # 2 - racist who does not care about coming out
choice # 3 - politically correct prude still in the closet
choice # 4 - the rest of us who think that this is not funny, not appropriate and once again, someone had to go and derail a thread with their CHOICE.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #56
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Yes, I am aware of the history of the ugly comparison. Thats why I hesitated in posting it. However, It was posted to be humorous, not vicious as I have already pointed out. You are the one who decided to take it out of context and play the racial angle. The Mods have already messaged me about the pic and said it was fine so lighten up and have a sense of humor already!

Oh -- it's my fault? So I'm the one guilty of race-baiting? Ok...

I'm so sorry your fun thread devolved into this crap, Dr. P.

Last edited by LalaCity; 11-19-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:32 PM   #57
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

How the fuck does a thread about monkey pictures collapse into this?

Seriously, what the fuck with the racism? What the fuck with the awful jokes? Do you really need to bring this thread down to that level, dude?

...on topic, this. Not a pic, rather a vid, but still.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #58
Louis KC

Louis KC can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLouis KC can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLouis KC can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbAssBunny View Post
Maybe you are the politically correct prude, come out of the closet already, wouldya!!

So, choice # 1 - politically correct prude
choice # 2 - racist who does not care about coming out
choice # 3 - politically correct prude still in the closet
choice # 4 - the rest of us who think that this is not funny, not appropriate and once again, someone had to go and derail a thread with their CHOICE.

None of the above. I will write in choice #5. I am an intelligent, well informed, witty, and funny person who thinks political correctness is garbage. Just because you dont like something you hear or read, you think that no one else has the right to enjoy it so, you muster up this phoney outrage in order to feel like your doing the politically correct thing. YUCK! PC People act like they have the right not to be offended. Thats why they act like prudish, unhappy, hyper-sensitive little babies. Because no matter how much they would love to police free thought and speech, that little thing called the first amendment, always bites them in the ass!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:41 PM   #59
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrae View Post
HaHaHahaha... My brown skin and features are funny. It's such a riot. I just LOVE it when minorities are compared to monkeys, hahahahaha!

/sarcasm
RACISM IS SUCH A ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!! I just peed myself. I was going to apologize to my lovely e-fiancee P. Marshall for creating such a whiny thread, and also tell her how much I love her monkey idea, but now I have to change my pants from laughing so hard at your racism.

I bid you goodday sir, you have ruined my night.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:44 PM   #60
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Actually, my initial instict was to go for the racist joke so, there ya go!
Quote:
It's nice to know that your the arbiter of what everyone thinks is funny.
So, its OK to photoshop a picture of President Bush to make him look like a monkey and thats funny because he's white, but to show that Obama looks like Curious George must be tip-toed around because of his race? Once again the hypocracy amazes me! I hate to tell you this but, even if you look at the picture without taking the racial angle, he looks like Curious George! Jesus!
You were pissed over the Bush picture, so you decided to get even...by going racist. There is an innocent noticing Obama's big ears, and while you could have gone with a pic of ...oh...the Mad Magazine guy....you decided to go with the racism. You were not matter of factly posting pictures. Grow up. The whole ' PC ' argument is a temper tantrum... " I wanna say whatever I want...whenever...but don;t YOU speak up...waaaaaa "

* goes to find pics of monkeys...I LOVE em

Last edited by mossystate; 11-19-2008 at 05:47 PM.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #61
Louis KC

Quote:
Oh -- it's my fault? So I'm the one guilty of race-baiting? Ok...

I'm so sorry your fun thread devolved into this crap, Dr. P.

Im sorry too Dr P. That no one here that posted in your thread has a sense of humor!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #62
LalaCity

Quote:
None of the above. I will write in choice #5. I am an intelligent, well informed, witty, and funny person who thinks political correctness is garbage. Just because you dont like something you hear or read, you think that no one else has the right to enjoy it so, you muster up this phoney outrage in order to feel like your doing the politically correct thing. YUCK! PC People act like they have the right not to be offended. Thats why they act like prudish, unhappy, hyper-sensitive little babies. Because no matter how much they would love to police free thought and speech, that little thing called the first amendment, always bites them in the ass!
This isn't an unlimited free speech forum, actually. It's a community with set rules regarding content. You've gotten away somehow with posting a pic comparing a black man to a monkey, even saying that you had racial humor in mind and that you knew it would cause offense but decided to post it anyway as part of some kind of "free speech" crusade.

All I can say is you're lucky you escaped an infraction. But if you want to make friends here I suggest you get a handle on what kind of community this is and the fact that a majority of posters don't like that kind of humor, however prudish or childish you might find that attitude. And, no, the outrage is not fake. It's really, really real. But hey -- congratulations on pushing peoples' buttons for the sheer enjoyment of it. That's way noble of you, dude.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #63
Louis KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
You were pissed over the Bush picture, so you decided to get even...by going racist. There is an innocent noticing Obama's big ears, and while you could have gone with a pic of ...oh...the Mad Magazine guy....you decided to go with the racism. You were not matter of factly posting pictures. Grow up. The whole ' PC ' argument is a temper tantrum... " I wanna say whatever I want...whenever...but don;t YOU speak up...waaaaaa "

* goes to find pics of monkeys...I LOVE em
You could'nt be more wrong. I was going to post my pic before the Bush pic was posted but, I hesitated. However since it was posted, I figured everyone would get the joke. But since all of you are so uptight about race and are unfunny little babies, I will just sit here with my buddies and laugh at your anal responses to my joke.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #64
Louis KC

Quote:
This isn't an unlimited free speech forum, actually. It's a community with set rules regarding content. You've gotten away somehow with posting a pic comparing a black man to a monkey, even saying that you had racial humor in mind and that you knew it would cause offense but decided to post it anyway as part of some kind of "free speech" crusade.

All I can say is you're lucky you escaped an infraction. But if you want to make friends here I suggest you get a handle on what kind of community this is and the fact that a majority of posters don't like that kind of humor, however prudish or childish you might find that attitude. And, no, the outrage is not fake. It's really, really real. But hey -- congratulations on pushing peoples' buttons for the sheer enjoyment of it. That's way noble of you, dude.
Yes it is phoney outrage be honest dude!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:06 PM   #65
LalaCity

Quote:
Yes it is phoney outrage be honest dude!
Yeah -- maybe "outrage" is a little bit of an exaggeration of how I feel about it...it's more like disappointed, though not at all surprised, resignation over the state of humanity.

Now, 'scuse me while I go cry, humorless infant that I am.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #66
BLUEeyedBanshee
Ministry of Truth

BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Alright people. The picture has been removed.

Can we get back to posting fun monkey pics now?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #67
mossystate

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
You could'nt be more wrong. I was going to post my pic before the Bush pic was posted but, I hesitated. However since it was posted, I figured everyone would get the joke. But since all of you are so uptight about race and are unfunny little babies, I will just sit here with my buddies and laugh at your anal responses to my joke.
Yes, you sit there with your buddies. I can't wait to see more of your snap-crackle-flop humor.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #68
Louis KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Yes, you sit there with your buddies. I can't wait to see more of your snap-crackle-flop humor.
Give me those ribs you LOL!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #69
BLUEeyedBanshee
Ministry of Truth

BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I will say it again.

Enough.

Please get back to the lightheartedness of the thread. All this ugliness is uncalled for.

/mod
Old 11-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #70
mossystate

Attachment 53886

Attachment 53887

Attachment 53888

Attachment 53889

Last edited by mossystate; 12-31-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #71
BLUEeyedBanshee
Ministry of Truth

This first monkey is how I feel right about now

This monkey...was just so cute...

Old 11-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #72
TheMildlyStrangeone

TheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this board

People seriously need to lighten up and not so quick to get offended. That is what is seriously wrong with this world nowadays. You can't say anything without offending someone. Everything needs to be so antiseptic that we stifle any sort of creativity out of fear that someone will get their panties in a bunch.
TheMildlyStrangeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #73
LalaCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMildlyStrangeone View Post
People seriously need to lighten up and not so quick to get offended. That is what is seriously wrong with this world nowadays. You can't say anything without offending someone. Everything needs to be so antiseptic that we stifle any sort of creativity out of fear that someone will get their panties in a bunch.
I think the moderator has settled this already.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:50 PM   #74
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

BLUEeyedBanshee, that teeny monkey just made me squeak with delight.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #75
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in

how about a sock monkey? sooo cute...

sock monkey.jpg
bobbleheaddoll is offline   Reply With Quote