Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #51
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim View Post
I'm still not getting what the point of the particular show is, though. Is it some exhibitionist episode or some poorly-thought-out body image show? I've seen some of "Tyra", and she doesn't run a Maury-esque freak show; it's more like Oprah-lite.
I'm guessing Tyra wants a ratings boost. Don't think she or the producers of her show are above showcasing something that the mainstream considers gross and bizarre for a little bump in viewership. But I'm sure the discussion surrounding it will be as thoughtful and humane as can be and won't focus mainly on how much food Princess can put away in one sitting (not).

I won't be watching but I can just imagine the camera panning around to capture the shocked and disgusted reaction of audience members. Oh, and then the posting on Youtube shortly thereafter and all the pleasant comments to follow...
Old 11-22-2008, 10:34 PM   #52
luv_lovehandles

luv_lovehandles can now change their title

heres my 2cents

Tyra Ive always liked her. Shes smart well spoken and an excellent success story. That aside, she doesnt need a ratings booster her show's are doing just fine..

I also dont get the flaming around this thread if the OP wants to go on Tyra more power too her. I dont see what the big deal is, it isnt you who are going on her show its the OP who is. For whatever her reasons are dont see why ya have to talk badly about it. I tried watching the youtube clips but couldnt understand most of the dialogue.

N also if more people come here n post so be it, they will either stick around or get bored by the site n move on. N if they flame thats what locking posts are for and you also dont have to reply if you dont like what someone says.

N yes most of the 'public' probably wont like it too much, but im sure the OP already knows that. So ya dont have to state something that is so obvious lol.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #53
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_lovehandles View Post
heres my 2cents

Tyra Ive always liked her. Shes smart well spoken and an excellent success story. That aside, she doesnt need a ratings booster her show's are doing just fine..

I also dont get the flaming around this thread if the OP wants to go on Tyra more power too her. I dont see what the big deal is, it isnt you who are going on her show its the OP who is. For whatever her reasons are dont see why ya have to talk badly about it. I tried watching the youtube clips but couldnt understand most of the dialogue.

N also if more people come here n post so be it, they will either stick around or get bored by the site n move on. N if they flame thats what locking posts are for and you also dont have to reply if you dont like what someone says.

N yes most of the 'public' probably wont like it too much, but im sure the OP already knows that. So ya dont have to state something that is so obvious lol.
The issue is that we might not be going on there, but she's representing us- she apparently wants to, at least- and not everyone here agrees with everything she says. And regardless of how many people have made this very fucking clear on here, CP continues to act as though she's a spokesperson for us.

I mean, hell. I'm a feeder, and I think that she makes the whole thing look awful- and size acceptance look like a joke. By helping to perpetuate negative stereotypes- which is exactly what she's doing here!- she's being so incredibly counterproductive.

That's why we have to "talk badly about it". Because she is representing everyone here in a light that a good many of us don't like.

If she wants to deal with the reaction of the public to what will most likely be treated as a freakshow on daytime TV, that's fine. I really have no issue with what she does with her own life, and more power to her for doing what she wants. What I despise about the whole thing is that she's bringing the reaction of the public on to people who don't want it.

Last edited by Blackjack; 11-22-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #54
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
The issue is that we might not be going on there, but she's representing us- she apparently wants to, at least- and not everyone here agrees with everything she says. And regardless of how many people have made this very fucking clear on here, CP continues to act as though she's a spokesperson for us.

I mean, hell. I'm a feeder, and I think that she makes the whole thing look awful- and size acceptance look like a joke. By helping to perpetuate negative stereotypes- which is exactly what she's doing here!- she's being so incredibly counterproductive.

That's why we have to "talk badly about it". Because she is representing everyone here in a light that a good many of us don't like.

If she wants to deal with the reaction of the public to what will most likely be treated as a freakshow on daytime TV, that's fine. I really have no issue with what she does with her own life, and more power to her for doing what she wants. What I despise about the whole thing is that she's bringing the reaction of the public on to people who don't want it.
bloody hell...rep where rep is so very deserved!!!

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Old 11-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #55
luv_lovehandles

luv_lovehandles can now change their title

Blackjack, thank you.Really
I had no clue you felt she was representing this forum badly if really at all. As i stated i could barely make out any of the youtube videos. But if she was just going on it for her own reasons (which i dont really get )... But thank you for stating clearly your issues in a polite manner.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #56
Kortana
Feelin' Cheeky!

Kortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot pics

Doesn't the show make you sign a confidentiality agreement about divulging this sort of stuff?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:35 PM   #57
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
I don't agree. I'd rather have a show which presented fat people with dignity and not hateful sensationalism -- so that out of the 100 people watching, 99 would come away with a respect for fat people and only one walk away disgusted (ok -- ideally, none. But you take my point).

A lot of large people trying to live their lives with pride feel that these kind of shows undo whatever progress they struggle daily to make.
Doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

In a perfect world Roseanne Barr, Dawn French, Lindsey Hollister and Mo'Nique could be a panel for Oprah in business suits talking about fat being a positive thing and they could spend the entire show saying how great it is and what not, unfortunately life isn't like that. Most overweight actresses over the years have lost weight periodically and established actresses that have the power to spread the word about fat being ok, isn't doing it.

Treasure is doing what SHE wants, it may not be what every fat person wants but the fact still stands some joe schmoe could be watching and go "holy crap that's hot". It may not be logically or conventional but its all there is.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:49 PM   #58
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Doesn't work like that I'm afraid....

...Treasure is doing what SHE wants, it may not be what every fat person wants but the fact still stands some joe schmoe could be watching and go "holy crap that's hot". It may not be logically or conventional but its all there is.
Well, I think it would work that way, ya know, if fat people collectively stopped doing these kinds of shows (at least, I'm guessing the upcoming Tyra show will follow suit with the tradition of sensationalizing large people and their lives as gross, extreme, and out of control). Much like, after a certain point historically, African American performers would no longer stoop to doing certain types of minstrel acts that incorporated backward stereotypes.

So yeah -- there's a reason for the collective pressure that's coming down on CP at the moment. Because she doesn't just speak for herself but is freighted with the responsibility of representing an entire movement whenever she appears on these programs.

Last edited by LalaCity; 11-23-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #59
Kortana
Feelin' Cheeky!

Kortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot picsKortana does more than just post hot pics

Well there is a huge difference between size acceptance and eating your way to 1000 pounds.

Obviously it is her choice to do it and how to represent it- it will not make people understand- its a circus act plain and simple.

Oprah could get on Larry King tomorrow and could come out as a feedee and people would say she has gone mad. There will never be the right person to be the Feedism spokesperson.

Will people be curious and look it up, sure. Will they be disgusted? Aroused? Fasinated? Possibly. But it will only be a blip on the radar for the rest who enjoy the fetish. It will go on in the private lives of those who find solace here on dimensions.

She is not the spokesperson for the fetish, she is the spokeperson for the lifestyle she has chosen.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #60
LalaCity

I should add, Hayes -- that I think most fat people aren't so much concerned with whether some guy out there, upon seeing Collared Princess on tv, has an epiphany about finding feederism or BBWs hot...they're more worried about how these over-the-top, ratings-driven "freak show" depictions will redound negatively to their everyday lives...
Old 11-24-2008, 12:20 AM   #61
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Doesn't work like that I'm afraid.
In a perfect world Roseanne Barr, Dawn French, Lindsey Hollister and Mo'Nique could be a panel for Oprah in business suits talking about fat being a positive thing and they could spend the entire show saying how great it is and what not, unfortunately life isn't like that. Most overweight actresses over the years have lost weight periodically and established actresses that have the power to spread the word about fat being ok, isn't doing it.
Treasure is doing what SHE wants, it may not be what every fat person wants but the fact still stands some joe schmoe could be watching and go "holy crap that's hot". It may not be logically or conventional but its all there is.
Quote:
I should add, Hayes -- that I think most fat people aren't so much concerned with whether some guy out there, upon seeing Collared Princess on tv, has an epiphany about finding feederism or BBWs hot...they're more worried about how these over-the-top, ratings-driven "freak show" depictions will redound negatively to their everyday lives...
What LaLa says is true. The majority of fat people don't wanna be portrayed as freaks and have no interest in the perving. Hence the concern about CP going in the public eye.

That said, there probably always will be a surplus of commercial smarminess on TV and those who want to do something positive should do so. There's only so much we can do about negative portrayals on the tube.

Last edited by Santaclear; 11-24-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:25 AM   #62
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Not to mention the fact that while that 1 guy might find an interest, it's going to push a bunch of FA wannabes right back into the closet because they'll think they're freaks. On top of that, the chances of that 1 guy even doing anything more to further the movement than privately masturbating to fat chicks on the internet is about as feasible as my chances of joining the Swedish Bikini Team.

Last edited by katorade; 11-24-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:37 AM   #63
LalaCity

^^^Exaaaaactly.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:51 AM   #64
LalaCity

The Tyra show is actively encouraging CP to gorge herself, rather than just showing up at her house to record the circumstances of her life. They are manipulating events. They are plying her with huge amounts of food that she likely would not consume on a normal day of her life (correct me if I'm wrong, OP) in order to record one particular, highly-staged outcome.

Now...do "tele-journalistic" programs do that? Do honest documentaries? No. But tabloid shows with no integrity or standards do. It's not a fair portrayal of reality whatsoever. Just a staged circus for the sake of ratings. Can anyone really dispute that that's how these programs operate?

Last edited by LalaCity; 11-24-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #65
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katorade View Post
Not to mention the fact that while that 1 guy might find an interest, it's going to push a bunch of FA wannabes right back into the closet because they'll think they're freaks. On top of that, the chances of that 1 guy even doing anything more to further the movement than privately masturbating to fat chicks on the internet is about as feasible as my chances of joining the Swedish Bikini Team.
mmm....katorade in a bikini....
Wait -- what was the topic again?

-Rusty
(Seriously, though, you're right. Just up too late and slightly punch-drunk.)
Old 11-24-2008, 01:25 AM   #66
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
The Tyra show is actively encouraging CP to gorge herself, rather than just showing up at her house to record the circumstances of her life. They are manipulating events. They are plying her with huge amounts of food that she likely would not consume on a normal day of her life (correct me if I'm wrong, OP) in order to record one particular, highly-staged outcome.

Now...do "tele-journalistic" programs do that? Do honest documentaries? No. But tabloid shows with no integrity or standards do. It's not a fair portrayal of reality whatsoever. Just a staged circus for the sake of ratings. Can anyone really dispute that that's how these programs operate?
The answer to your rhetorical questions, of course, is "no".
But then again, to expect more of the media is to be perpetualy disappointed.

-Rusty
Old 11-24-2008, 06:53 AM   #67
Lorna

Lorna has super-sized repLorna has super-sized repLorna has super-sized repLorna has super-sized rep

God the irony of people on a forum for erotic weight gain

I watched the video and at no time did I feel like she was representing feederism any more than she was representing the s&m with her discussion of her relationship and the sub/ dom role it has. In fact if anything I felt like it was a candid look at what her life is like. If you dont like what she said then you stand up and say what you think, invite the tv crew to visit your home where you can show them the positive aspect of feeding that you say you have.... no? no takers? well there is a surprise. No one is going to accept feeding as positive.. how can subjecting one person to the health risks that being overweight brings be positive? especially at the weights at the extreme end of the scale? Not my feelings of course being a feedee but what I think most mainstream people would say.

"I dont like to move" a very short statement... doesnt it sound like an answer to a question? and even if it was never said does it look like she finds moving easy? I am no where near the weight of Donna and I dont particularly like moving, not I dont want to move but its damn hard work so I dont really like it. You surely cant be surprised at a statement like that from someone who is a ssbbw, unless of course you live in cloud cuckoo land where people can be an extreme size without the weight of it?

Yes the Tyra show has manipulated the situation would you expect otherwise? and do you REALLY think that any description of someone who wants to gain weight is going to be seen as anything other than a freak? Even someone who is seen as 'normal' size making that statement will be seen that way let alone an ssbbw. Even within the fairly safe boundaries of dimensions feeders and feedees are seen as weird at best, abusive at the worst. Nothing people from the feeding/ gaining section of the fat acceptance community has done has ever been totally positive and I feel that no matter who represents it, what they say or show nothing ever will be.

I dont think anyone watching the show is going to think that Donna is representing 'fat people' she isnt, she is a feedee who wants to grow to 1000lbs . Perhaps not the best choice of person for a show on people who are happy in their skin or with themselves although she is that too, why didnt they get a ssbbw who likes herself who isnt a feedee? because as everyone has pointed out its not going to get as big a reaction.

We can all take an educated guess at what the audience reaction will be both in the studio and watching on tv, hell look at the reaction here even before the show has aired! I am sure that Donna is very well aware and prepared to deal with that or she wouldnt have agreed to the show. If she does like challenging people then its just another part of who she is, there are lots of posters on here who challenge other too as anyone who comes into this community in chat or in the forums can clearly see.

If seeing her video has put you off being a feeder then perhaps thats for the better, because along with all the lovely soft curvy fat that you get, you will also get the problems with mobility, health and how society sees you and if you cant deal with it then its better you dont get into a relationship with someone who wants to gain.

I wish her good luck with it, no matter what her reasons for doing it and whether people agree with them or not she has the right to do it.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:26 AM   #68
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Yes the Tyra show has manipulated the situation would you expect otherwise? and do you REALLY think that any description of someone who wants to gain weight is going to be seen as anything other than a freak? Even someone who is seen as 'normal' size making that statement will be seen that way let alone an ssbbw. Even within the fairly safe boundaries of dimensions feeders and feedees are seen as weird at best, abusive at the worst. Nothing people from the feeding/ gaining section of the fat acceptance community has done has ever been totally positive and I feel that no matter who represents it, what they say or show nothing ever will be.

I dont think anyone watching the show is going to think that Donna is representing 'fat people' she isnt, she is a feedee who wants to grow to 1000lbs . Perhaps not the best choice of person for a show on people who are happy in their skin or with themselves although she is that too, why didnt they get a ssbbw who likes herself who isnt a feedee? because as everyone has pointed out its not going to get as big a reaction.
Yeah, I guess I'm really not as concerned with how the community is being represented with this as I am with this woman being encouraged to do something that is ruinous to her health, especially when she is raising a family. I'm definitely not anti-gaining, but I'm always against doing it unhealthfully, and when you get to such a high weight that you're not able to move any longer, there's no way your body will be able to stay in good condition. I love this place and the similar sites, but I do think that if it's encouraging people to do something like this, it's time to re-evaluate. It's one thing to read about this kind of lifestyle in a story, it's totally different to live your life by it, and some people just don't have the sense (or the inclination) to say no at a certain point. Sorry, but I don't think these people have a right to do this to themselves just like a parent doesn't have the right to abuse heroin or crack while raising a kid. In both cases, you're hurting others as much as you're hurting yourself.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #69
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I'm honestly glad they called you first. I just have so many food allergies and there are three things on that list I can't eat, so that was the first question that came into my head.

Tyra def is not Jerry Springer, but I've watched her show a time or two and I could see sometimes her show is a bit sensationalistic, but hopefully it won't go that way.
i just hope they dont have that really skinny asshole on the show. i cant remember her name but she said she was 80 something pounds.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:40 AM   #70
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim View Post
Yeah, I guess I'm really not as concerned with how the community is being represented with this as I am with this woman being encouraged to do something that is ruinous to her health, especially when she is raising a family. I'm definitely not anti-gaining, but I'm always against doing it unhealthfully, and when you get to such a high weight that you're not able to move any longer, there's no way your body will be able to stay in good condition. I love this place and the similar sites, but I do think that if it's encouraging people to do something like this, it's time to re-evaluate. It's one thing to read about this kind of lifestyle in a story, it's totally different to live your life by it, and some people just don't have the sense (or the inclination) to say no at a certain point. Sorry, but I don't think these people have a right to do this to themselves just like a parent doesn't have the right to abuse heroin or crack while raising a kid. In both cases, you're hurting others as much as you're hurting yourself.

Yes I have some of the same concerns as you.

I will say that when I watched the video of Donna with her daughter I was very touched by her tenderness towards her, and her love for her child came across loud and clear for me.
I am glad that I got to see that side of her.

How she reconciles her obvious love for her child with her lifestyle choices I am not sure.

I will just leave it at that.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #71
AlethaBBW
Fatniss Everdeen

AlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 clubAlethaBBW is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah View Post
Yes I have some of the same concerns as you.

I will say that when I watched the video of Donna with her daughter I was very touched by her tenderness towards her, and her love for her child came across loud and clear for me.
I am glad that I got to see that side of her.

How she reconciles her obvious love for her child with her lifestyle choices I am not sure.

I will just leave it at that.
I agree with this. It's obvious that both parents love their beautiful daughter.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #72
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

btw...clicking on CP's link lead me to find a link about Heather...very cool...

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #73
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I don't agree. I'd rather have a show which presented fat people with dignity and not hateful sensationalism -- so that out of the 100 people watching, 99 would come away with a respect for fat people and only one walk away disgusted (ok -- ideally, none. But you take my point).

A lot of large people trying to live their lives with pride feel that these kind of shows undo whatever progress they struggle daily to make.
Just to emphasize this very excellent point (the rest of the post is right on, too...can't rep you again yet, LaLa or you'd have it)

Old 11-24-2008, 11:55 AM   #74
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
That's a Pyrrhic victory at best. At BEST.

She's absolutely free to do what she wants on her own time. More power to her. But when her image becomes confused with mine/other fat people, as it inevitably will in the minds of some viewers, then it becomes a big problem.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:51 PM   #75
LalaCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
God the irony of people on a forum for erotic weight gain..
Lorna, I don't see the irony in people complaining that they don't want their very misunderstood special interest subjected to even more misunderstanding and sensationalism in mainstream culture.

Quote:
I watched the video and at no time did I feel like she was representing feederism any more than she was representing the s&m with her discussion of her relationship and the sub/ dom role it has. In fact if anything I felt like it was a candid look at what her life is like. If you dont like what she said then you stand up and say what you think, invite the tv crew to visit your home where you can show them the positive aspect of feeding that you say you have.... no? no takers? well there is a surprise. No one is going to accept feeding as positive.. how can subjecting one person to the health risks that being overweight brings be positive? especially at the weights at the extreme end of the scale? Not my feelings of course being a feedee but what I think most mainstream people would say.
I have a hard time envisioning a tv crew coming to my home so I can sit in my living room and give a discourse on size acceptance and why these shows are harmful to the movement. Something tells me that wouldn't be considered must-see tv by the producers.

If no one is going to accept feeding as positive and, invariably, it will be received as "freakish," I have to ask what good this does for anyone...

Quote:
"I dont like to move" a very short statement... doesnt it sound like an answer to a question? and even if it was never said does it look like she finds moving easy? I am no where near the weight of Donna and I dont particularly like moving, not I dont want to move but its damn hard work so I dont really like it. You surely cant be surprised at a statement like that from someone who is a ssbbw, unless of course you live in cloud cuckoo land where people can be an extreme size without the weight of it?
I'm guessing the majority of people with mobility problems a) don't want to fetishized and b) don't invite ridicule into their lives. For all they do to forge a life of some dignity for themselves a show like this comes along and undoes their efforts in a matter of seconds.

Quote:
Why is it okay for the Tyra show to manipulate anything for the purpose of sensationalizing it? Why should we blindly accept this kind of media portrayal of fat people and/or feederism? And, again -- what is the good in adding to the perception that feeders are degenerate freaks?

Quote:
Unfortunately, a lot of people watching won't think deeply enough to make distinctions between this type of fat person's lifestyle or that. They'll just have a visceral reaction to something designed to stimulate feelings of shock and disgust in them, and they'll go away with a renewed hatred for the "obesity epidemic," etc.

Quote:
We can all take an educated guess at what the audience reaction will be both in the studio and watching on tv, hell look at the reaction here even before the show has aired! I am sure that Donna is very well aware and prepared to deal with that or she wouldnt have agreed to the show. If she does like challenging people then its just another part of who she is, there are lots of posters on here who challenge other too as anyone who comes into this community in chat or in the forums can clearly see

My educated guess, having seen this exact kind of thing played out ad nauseum on trashy daytime tv over the years, is that CP's lifestyle will be met with bewilderment and disgust and that clips will pop up shortly thereafter on Youtube accompanied by the usual fat-bashing remarks.

Quote:
If seeing her video has put you off being a feeder then perhaps thats for the better, because along with all the lovely soft curvy fat that you get, you will also get the problems with mobility, health and how society sees you and if you cant deal with it then its better you dont get into a relationship with someone who wants to gain.
That has nothing to do with it -- it's the fact that I and others here clearly feel helpless to counteract the negative image of fat people in this society that CP insists on putting out there.

Last edited by LalaCity; 11-24-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Closed Thread