Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Dimensions Market Place

Old 03-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #51
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thank you, Sandie. I'm really liking the way you're photographing your jewelry. Very nice.

As for knitwear, yeah, I can see how that would be a whole different aminal. Do you do close up and further back with that? I was remarking to Eric the other night about how grateful I am for digital cameras. I just cannot even imagine how much developing would cost. The other day, instead of 250 photos, it was 450. I'd never be able to keep up with the cost of developing so much film on such a regular basis!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #52
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Thank you, Sandie. I'm really liking the way you're photographing your jewelry. Very nice.

As for knitwear, yeah, I can see how that would be a whole different aminal. Do you do close up and further back with that? I was remarking to Eric the other night about how grateful I am for digital cameras. I just cannot even imagine how much developing would cost. The other day, instead of 250 photos, it was 450. I'd never be able to keep up with the cost of developing so much film on such a regular basis!
On the knitwear I do further back and some close-up, but generally not so much "macro" settings. But still capturing the texture and feel of yarn is tough. (I just posted some pics of the new knit things in my Etsy thread here in the Markplace - take a look).

Oh yeah - digital is so amazing. I cannot imagine dealing with photo printing either. Yegads, that would be pricey!
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:06 AM   #53
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have got my eye on a few different pairs of earrings Tina. I am almost due for a splurge.

Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #54
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Shosh, you are such a sweetheart and have been so kind to me. Thank you.

Update: Saturday I'll be going to NY to mail orders, so the week before is always busy, making orders, putting them together for mailing, and such. This week is no exception. But I've taken a little time to just make a couple of things I wanted to make last night and photographed them today. They're not in my store yet, and I'm not sure when they will be, but I'm so excited about them I have to share. First, I have found lovely vintage creamy speckled beads in order to have cream-colored finch egg earrings to go with the blue ones. These are a favorite of mine, just because I love birdies, and the idea of 'kinda' birdie egg earrings. I find the speckles so endearing. They're just like the others; only the bead color differs. They hang from long brass kidney wires, just like the blue ones.

Then, an addition to the line that includes the Bluebell earrings in my store. These are Blue Raspberry Swirl earrings. They are Czech glass tulips with blues and raspberry-red-purple swirls and light blue swarovski crystal bicones. Long brass kidney ear wires with these, too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6589sm.jpg (101.9 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6640sm.jpg (104.7 KB, 142 views)

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #55
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just bought the Carnelian and Eggplant Copper Circle earrings. Wow. Tina, they are breath-taking. I'm counting down the hours until they are mine!
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #56
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you, Traci!! It won't be a long wait, as I'll be mailing them (and the rest of the orders) tomorrow from NY.

Those are the last pair now, unless I can find more of those carnelian stones. I think the design will look great on you, with your short hair. Going to go pack them up right now.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #57
mpls_girl26

mpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging in

Here are a few pics of my new earrings. I received MANY compliments on them.

Great work Tina!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 024.jpg (105.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 025.jpg (112.4 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 015.jpg (107.0 KB, 97 views)
mpls_girl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #58
Tina
Older and wiser now

I'm so thrilled with these photos -- for two reasons, mpls. First, I love photos of clients wearing their jewelry. It unfailingly makes me smile and feel good inside.

Second, though, I've seen your avatar and read your posts many times, I don't recall seeing YOU, so this is special. Thank you so very, very much.

I love how the beads almost match the color of your eyes (though they're a bit paler). *thrilled* Thank you!!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #59
mpls_girl26

mpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I'm so thrilled with these photos -- for two reasons, mpls. First, I love photos of clients wearing their jewelry. It unfailingly makes me smile and feel good inside.

Second, though, I've seen your avatar and read your posts many times, I don't recall seeing YOU, so this is special. Thank you so very, very much.

I love how the beads almost match the color of your eyes (though they're a bit paler). *thrilled* Thank you!!!!

LOL.......they are not the most flattering picture but the one I wanted to post was too large. So....I went with these. I love the earrings - they are very comfy too.
mpls_girl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #60
Tina
Older and wiser now

I really couldn't be happier, mpls. It's partly what I live for, silly as that may sound.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #61
Tina
Older and wiser now

Recently uploaded another batch. Here's just a few...

Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #62
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

The first pair are GORJ!

*IC I visit your etsy site almost everyday and drool my lil heart out.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #63
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I got my earrings yesterday, Tina. Wow. WOW!!! They are GORGEOUS! And, as usual, professionally boxed within a nicely padded envelope. Also, love the new stuff you've shown here. I've been such a good girl. I'm feeling the need to reward myself again ...
Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #64
Tina
Older and wiser now

OMG, Ash, really? I'm so complimented, Ms. Fashion Maven. Thank you! Those first ones are looooong. I love long earrings; they make me wish I had a neck.

Traci, You have no idea how much it means to me that you like my jewelry so much. The earrings you chose seem like they would be just perfect for you, so I'm glad they're working. It's really nice when people appreciate the packaging, too. I try to make things elegant, when possible.

I've been having fun making wedding and special occasion jewelry. Tonight, I'm working on some bridesmaids earrings, just for fun. I've really been trying to concentrate on having a range of pricing, and will be doing some slightly higher-end, gemmy stuff before long, but also want to have lots of earrings that don't break the bank.

I'd love to get back into silver-smithing again, but I think it's going to be a while, for that one. It's all been so much fun, Traci. Again, thank you for your support!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #65
TraciJo67
On Timeout

Tina, I'm wearing the earrings today. I've gotten so many compliments!!! I tried to take a decent pic with my camera phone ... HA! Here's the best close-up I could get:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tinaearring.jpg (22.2 KB, 138 views)
Old 03-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #66
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you for taking a pic, Traci!! Your hair is perfect for those earrings! Short hair rocks, because it lets the light shine through the stones.

Did it get slightly bent in shipping? Sometimes the little elements have to be straightened out by hand, especially when it's pure copper wire headpins, as the metal that holds those beads is.

Thank you VERY much, Traci.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #67
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Those are really good earrings for/on you, TraciHo. Defrost the lens next time..k? Purty ear lovlies!
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #68
TraciJo67
On Timeout

Quote:
Thank you for taking a pic, Traci!! Your hair is perfect for those earrings! Short hair rocks, because it lets the light shine through the stones.

Did it get slightly bent in shipping? Sometimes the little elements have to be straightened out by hand, especially when it's pure copper wire headpins, as the metal that holds those beads is.

Thank you VERY much, Traci.
Funny you should mention that, Tina -- I was thinking about the angle of the picture on my way home, and wondering if you'd be concerned that the inner workings were bent out of shape It was the angle that I was sitting at, trying to direct myself away from the flattering and oh-so-helpful flourescent lights above. The stones in the earrings are perfectly set in the center.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #69
Tina
Older and wiser now

Okay, good. I get terribly wound up about that stuff.

Thanks, M. It's always touching to see love between friends.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #70
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Thanks, M. It's always touching to see love between friends.
T...the many miles keep us from any actual touching ( hold on, let me bleach my brain )...this is the next best thing.

I loooooove you, Traciiiiiiiiiiii

Anyway...back on track...I wish I had more holes in my ears...i love those earrings.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #71
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OMG THE BEES! THE BEEEEEEEES! I am in loooove! Also, the cherry blossom earrings and the Dali Posies, argh! They are gorgeous!

You don't happen to do custom orders, do you? Like a color variation on a current design?
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #72
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you, Katorade. Those were such fun pieces to design and craft. And yes, I do. Matter of fact, for a while that's what I did the most of is custom work. But something like what you are requesting is usually very easy. Drop me a PM and we can talk about it.

Was going to post here tonight about my new line of wedding jewelry for brides and bride's maids, which are also great for proms and special occasions. These are pretty small (stone-size-wise), so they're great for those who are looking for very dainty items. I'll soon be stocking the same items, only with larger stones. Here are a few (I love the branches combined with the crystal briolettes!)...

In the first photo here, you can get a sense of the scale of them.

I also finally found some more carnelian from my source that I bought from in order to make the design that TraciJo is wearing above. I thought those would be the last earrings like them ever. But I found enough for 6 more pair. She sent me the last that she had and said she cannot get any more. Before finding her again (I had forgotten who I'd bought from), I'd looked all over for stones just like them. So I'll have six more pair of the Mod-style Carnelian and Eggplant Copper Circle earrings. Then they'll RIP.

Last edited by Tina; 03-12-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #73
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tina, when I was in Cali I met up with my friend I bought the aqua briolettes for. She LOVES them and in fact was wearing them and they looked beautiful on her. She gets tons of compliments on them.

I'm excited about the carnelian!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #74
Tina
Older and wiser now

Oh, I'm so thrilled she likes them and wore them. I was kind of hoping she would so you could see them in person and see if they were what you expected. The Simple & Fresh line is just basic, and I was hoping she would like them.

Your earrings are all packed away, waiting for me to go to NY next weekend.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #75
Tina
Older and wiser now

Just a couple of new things.

This first pair are a shorter version of the Aruba Biwa Pearl ladder earrings I posted up-thread. Not everyone can, or wants to, wear very long earrings. The ones below are just over 2" (including the ear wire) instead of just over 3." They are also less expensive, not only from having fewer pearls strung together, but also because they are made using gunmetal instead of sterling silver. They also have lovely mossy green potato pearls separating them, rather than peacock pearls, like the longer ones.

This next pair are incredible in color, so I've made them simple in design. Those who have purchased my trapeze earrings made from these pearls know how smooth they are and how vibrant and insanely purple these pearls are. The photos do not lie.

These, too, use gunmetal findings and are just under 2" long, including the ear wire.

More -- and larger --pics in the store, of course. Make sure you extend the photos as much as you can, depending upon your screen resolution. The photos in my store are pretty large so you can really see the details.