Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 12-14-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
billedmeup

billedmeup can now change their title
Default Marriage Weight Gain

Any true stories of thin people gaining weight after marriage or during dating? Maybe because they married or dated a heavier spouse bf or gf.
billedmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...661#post984661
Old 12-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
billedmeup

billedmeup can now change their title

That's a good link, but I was thinking more of accidental weight gain not fattening. Like, we were really happy together and before I knew it I was thirty pounds heavier.
billedmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
Melissa_cutebabe

Melissa_cutebabe has said some nice things

I know of one, the girl at the bank, before she married she was quite slim, about 130-pounds? She's been married for about two years now and has become this round, chubby butterball.
Melissa_cutebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:03 AM   #5
MK3

MK3 has said some nice things

I'm actually in the middle of it.

I got married two months ago and was slim for a long time while we dated. My wife always teased me about how tiny my waist was when we were dating but about a year and a half ago when I was in the 150's I let myself go. It wasn't a big deal at first because I was working out 5-6 days a week and the change was slow. Eating a lot hardly effected my weight. Still after 3-4 months I crept up into the high 160s. At the beginning of this year I was 166 with 10 months to the big day. It seemed like everything got more busy and I started working out less and less. When we got our engagement pictures in February I was 174lbs. Coaching track in the spring kept it steady till summer. I even lost 4-5 lbs at one point. Through the summer I gained that back and by the time the fall rolled around I was 180. Come October, on my wedding day I was 187lbs. Two months in I'm 201lbs.

I was actually close to this weight in 2002 being 198 at one point but this is the biggest I've been. The plan right now is to keep gaining through the Holidays and then do the New Years resolution thing. I'm thinking I'll be between 206-210lbs by then. It'd be nice to keep going but the issue then becomes losing weight before track season. Otherwise, being 40lbs heavier than last year I'll be a fat distance coach and I'll worry about losing my position. That and my wife who is chubby herself, doesn't care for me fat. At 5'10 I'm certainly getting that way. I had to get some size 38 waist jeans recently when a year and a half ago I was in 30s.
MK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

Hmmm...I'm not married but a neighbor of mine was a couple grades behind me in school (I went to school with his older brother). I know the brother better.

Anyway, this guy got married some years back. He was a skinny kid in school and was slim when he got married. He and his wife currently have 2-3 kids, I forget how many at present. I'd say the wife is currently "average": she's not as thin as she was before the kids but she's not super-heavy either.

I'd say the guy has gained considerably more weight than she has. He's quite a bit bigger than I am. I'd say he's put on 60-70 pounds since he got married and is a lot bigger than before he got married.

Why'd the guy get so big? Beats me and it's not my business. They're a nice young couple and they appear to be very happy together.

Dennis
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #7
nahger1011

nahger1011 can now change their title

I started dating my wife in 2002 and she was 135ish and now she is 200 plus or minus.
nahger1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:37 AM   #8
TheIceManVer2.0

TheIceManVer2.0 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTheIceManVer2.0 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

my gf and I have been together for 2yrs, and she went from 175-275 in that span, and I am not a feeder, she just loves to eat. I am def into it though!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
collared Princess

collared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticedcollared Princess never has a post go unnoticed

I can tell you since Ive been with my boyfriend he has changed some..He used to be an avid tennis player very athletic but this summer he played no tennis first time in like 42 years and he has added a tiny belly maybe 10-15 pounds..I think he is getting lazy..its fun to watch..lol
collared Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #10
podunk

podunk has said some nice things

My wife's gone from about 150 to about 275 over about 10 years... Loving every pound!
podunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

My Wife and I both gained weight since we got married.

She went from 280-360, then she had WLS and went down to 260 and now has settled around 310.

I gained 80lbs going from 180-260lbs.
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #12
wi-steve

wi-steve can now change their title
Default married gainers

I think i might have married into a family of gaining bbws.... my wife has gained maybe 50lbs (160 to 210) since we've been married, much in the belly, hips, breasts... well everywhere. Of course part is due to being 8 mo pregnant.

Her closest (female) cousin seems to have gained much more. Maybe 200 when first married, now up to about 300 or more. She has gained an incredible amount in her breasts, lots in the belly.

Another cousin of hers married an incredible pear shaped bbw. She has a very unique shape, and recently they had twins. She is most definitely keeping the extra weight, and her hubby seems to be thrilled.

So, talk about marrying into the right family.

Steve
wi-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
BigBeautifulRed

BigBeautifulRed can now change their title

my boyfriend and I plan on getting married in about 4 years or so, we have been dating for almost 2 years, I have definately gained weight since meeting him, especially this semester in college, I think I will prob be like 250 when i get married
Old 12-30-2008, 12:55 AM   #14
op user

op user can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesop user can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

A good reason to get married.

op user
op user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:47 AM   #15
choudhury

choudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this boardchoudhury carries a lot of weight on this board

My wife has gained slowly but pretty steadily, not just from the time we married, but from the time we met. She was 170 when we met 14 years ago (she's 5'4). Now she's about 250. I don't know how much of a factor our relationship is...but I don't think it hurts, put it that way.
choudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:58 PM   #16
jayfree1

jayfree1 has said some nice things
Default Wife = Gains

Well much to my delight, my wife has gained 50 plus pounds from 200 to 250 since we married in 2006, going up 2 cup sizes! Delightful
jayfree1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #17
viracocha
Hot like sauce

viracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot picsviracocha does more than just post hot pics

Ever since my guy and I moved in together, it's been a fairly one-sided gain. I like experimenting, especially with baking, and he apparently likes to be the tester. ;P It's been almost three years and he's gained about 60 lbs. It filled in all the right places, yea!
viracocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #18
dan422

dan422 has said some nice things

My wife was about 135 when we met but has grown to about 280 pounds. It's making me hot just thinking of the transformation
dan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #19
Minerva_08

Minerva_08 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMinerva_08 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

ah well, I can speak from personal experience. When I met my to-be husband, I was 185 and after a year and half of marriage I became 260. From a size 16 to a 26.
Minerva_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #20
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billedmeup View Post
That's a good link, but I was thinking more of accidental weight gain not fattening. Like, we were really happy together and before I knew it I was thirty pounds heavier.
Well, when we were married in 1982 I was a tiny slip of a girl of 350lb. Now I'm over 450lb and it just kinda sorta happened naturally.

Meanwhile my husband has ballooned from 165lb to 175lb.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #21
EpsilonCool

EpsilonCool has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
She went from 280-360, then she had WLS and went down to 260 and now has settled around 310.
If WLS stands for Weight Loss Surgery how did she gain weight?

My sister is having a gastric bypass next week and its a pretty major thing to have done if its not going to work?

Oh and my girlfriend has gone from 160lb to 347lb in 12 years. Not sure what her cup size is but it is pretty substantial. You certainly don't have to tell the lie about more than a handful being a waste.
EpsilonCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #22
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

Who Knows?

The WLS did not work the way she wanted it to, and there have been several severe complications.

It was something that I was not in complete agreement with but it is her body and I supported her decision.

What can you do?
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:55 AM   #23
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonCool View Post
If WLS stands for Weight Loss Surgery how did she gain weight?

My sister is having a gastric bypass next week and its a pretty major thing to have done if its not going to work?
At the risk of getting this bounced to another board, but there are many cases of people having WLS, losing weight, and then gaining it back, plus some more.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:05 AM   #24
fatmac

fatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatmac can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default nearly doubled weight

24 years ago I was 175 on my wedding day. This morning I was 330. 20 pounds and I am twice the man she married. For her part she was about 180 then and now is near 325. She humors my fat obsession but is glad I am fatter.

I hope another few years will keep the trend going.

Peace
Mac
fatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #25
Cheshunt75

Cheshunt75 has said some nice things

When I first date my g/f 13 jears ago she was 140 now she is nearly 200 and we merry in six mont. Hope It helps to gain a littel bit more after married.
Cheshunt75 is offline   Reply With Quote