Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #26
Ho Ho Tai

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billedmeup View Post
Any true stories of thin people gaining weight after marriage or during dating? Maybe because they married or dated a heavier spouse bf or gf.
When we married, I gained about 250 lb. and Mrs. Ho Ho gained about 185 lb. And we've kept it for nearly 20 years now.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #27
curt

curt can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by billedmeup View Post
Any true stories of thin people gaining weight after marriage or during dating? Maybe because they married or dated a heavier spouse bf or gf.
No, I don't believe I've ever even heard of such thing happenning...:
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #28
EpsilonCool

EpsilonCool has said some nice things

I got a phone call from an colleague I used to work with who I remember as being fairly trim. I won't say she was skinny but certainly below 140lb.

We got chatting and the conversation got around to what had changed since we last met and it was the usual rhubarb grumble blah blah. She suddenly said "Oh and I way just over 26st (just under 370lb)".

She said that she was fine, maybe 15-20lb heavier after having her first 2 kids but on the 3rd pregnancy she was expecting twins and gained just shy of 100lb during her pregnancy. She had some complications following the birth plus a long illness and the result was massive weight gain.

Some women seem to snap back after pregnancy but for others it seems to screw up their metabolism.
EpsilonCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #29
Cheshunt75

Cheshunt75 has said some nice things

One point is breast feeding. My g/f made a long time breast feeding an eats a lot of food. After stopping the breast feeding she still eats the same ammount of food! Thats now on her hips ;-)
Cheshunt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #30
EpsilonCool

Yeah, thats a point. Burns a lot of calories but gives immense sugar cravings.

That's why they recommend having a hot sweet drink to hand while feeding.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #31
Ichida

Ichida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIchida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIchida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My guy has gained about 10 lbs since we started dating...just sort of came on naturally, because he was starving himself before. It may also have something to do with the fact I love cooking, he loves eating. I love feeding him (like spoon to mouth, not feederism per say) and he loves being fed...

It looks AMAZING on him. We are going out this weekend to buy him a new pair of pants, I promised him I would since I made him too chubby to fit into his old ones by accident..oh well hehe
Old 01-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #32
CuriousKitten
Absolutely Adorable

CuriousKitten can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCuriousKitten can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

OK so I have the tale of dating, marriage and divorce. When I started dating my now ex he was 210 lbs. I was 140. When we got married (5 years later) he was 286 and I was 170. When we got divorced I had been 196 at my highest (currently 192) and he had gotten down to 250. None of this had been planned. My ex hated being big

But now I have a new guy AND have decided to indulge with him. We met in October and I was 185 and he was 293. Now it's January and I'm 192 and he's 306
CuriousKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #33
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default RE: Marriage Weight Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpsilonCool View Post
If WLS stands for Weight Loss Surgery how did she gain weight?
My wife had an intestinal bypass surgery lost weight initially then, gained some back. The surgery is not a permanent cure-all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
The WLS did not work the way she wanted it to
It was something that I was not in complete agreement with but it is her body and I supported her decision.
What can you do?
I know the feeling of being trapped in that situation. When married my wife was a size #24 and over the next seven years her weight increased slowly but surely, up to a size #32. It was the best time in my life! I knew I loved BBWs, now I found I loved SSBBWs more!

But.... as you said, it was her body.

After her bypass surgery she went down to a size #18. Then rose slowly up to a size #22.

Adrian
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #34
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

I don't want to completly derail this thread but I think WLS is something that is entered into way too easily. Because of the WLS my wife has had 3 count em 3 Hernia operations to repair the damage. Abdominal Hernias are not that uncommon once they cut the Abdominal wall.

It puts an FA in a bad place. Sure you might prefer your partner bigger but you want your partner to enjoy living life as well.

I'm a big guy and I can certainly relate to the fear of "I am too big for me."

That said a succesful WLS is an FA nightmare. At least when it comes to the story's that they plaster on People magazine where folks are down to skinny minnie after the wonders of surgery.
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #35
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousKitten View Post

But now I have a new guy AND have decided to indulge with him. We met in October and I was 185 and he was 293. Now it's January and I'm 192 and he's 306
Ah, now we know why you haven't had much time for posting lately
Old 01-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #36
EpsilonCool

There is a lot the magazines don't tell you about weight loss surgery.

The full blown gastric bypass means
  • You have to take vitamins for life
  • You need Vitamin B6 injections otherwise you get symptoms similar to Altzheimers
  • If you want to participate in something active then you are limited by the fact you can't take on board enough slow burn calories

Over time the remains of your stomach do stretch to allow you to eat more but for a long time aftewards you will not be able to eat more than a spoonful at a time.

The people who say it has made their life better seem to be the ones who were pretty much housebound with very little quality of life.

The ones who say that, given the choice, they wouldn't do it again seem to be those who were large, but reasonably active and healthy.

There is a perception bandied around by the media that thin is good. My opinion, based on no science what-so-ever, is that the range of healthy weights is far wider than people would have us believe.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #37
Russell Williams

Russell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos View Post
At the risk of getting this bounced to another board, but there are many cases of people having WLS, losing weight, and then gaining it back, plus some more.
a friend of mine had weight loss surgery, lost a lot of weight, and gained most or all of it back. She told me she went to the doctor and asked him what to do about the weight gain after weight loss surgery.

According to her, the doctor told her that she had to use dieting and exercise to keep her weight down. She said that at that point she yelled at the doctor, "If I could've kept my weight down by diet and exercise why would I have spent almost $20,000 on weight loss surgery?"

Yours truly,

Russell Williams
Russell Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #38
vegeta8300

vegeta8300 has said some nice things

My wife started gaining weight before we were married, but has even more since we have been married. She started getting bigger while we were dating and I came out to her that I was an FA and wouldnt mind her bigger. Since that she has slowly gotten bigger. Sometimes faster than others. We have been married for 4 years now and she has settled at around 225lbs, it seems to be a plateau, but we both like it there.
Now me on the other hand, my weight goes up and done due to medications and an illness. So I am at 125lbs now, but just started the meds that have brought me up to 200lbs in the past. My wife is looking forward to it me too.
vegeta8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #39
atcAlan
I Love Sweet Pears

atcAlan can now change their title

My wife and i have been married for 20 years. When we met she was 115lbs at 5'4" size 4. I was 135 at 5'11". We started having kids imediately and she gained significant amount of weight that she didn't loose between children. At the same time my metabolism slowed down as well as my active life style and I slowly climbed the scale. Niether of us actively tried to loose weight and I at least was more than happy with my wifes increased size. She wasn't totally thrilled although she was happy that I loved her the way she was. I would love her at any size and told her i would support her efforts if she choose to loose. Today I am between 195 and 200lbs size 38 pants and she is around 210-215 and size 16-18. The couple that weighs together stays together I guess.
atcAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #40
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still a Skye fan View Post
Hmmm...I'm not married but a neighbor of mine was a couple grades behind me in school (I went to school with his older brother). I know the brother better.

Anyway, this guy got married some years back. He was a skinny kid in school and was slim when he got married. He and his wife currently have 2-3 kids, I forget how many at present. I'd say the wife is currently "average": she's not as thin as she was before the kids but she's not super-heavy either.

I'd say the guy has gained considerably more weight than she has. He's quite a bit bigger than I am. I'd say he's put on 60-70 pounds since he got married and is a lot bigger than before he got married.

Why'd the guy get so big? Beats me and it's not my business. They're a nice young couple and they appear to be very happy together.

Dennis

Sympathy weight gain during her pregnancies? I know several guys who gained weight when their wives got pregnant, and gained about as much over the pregnancy as their wives did - 20-35 pounds or so. The difference is, delivery day came, and while she dropped 12-20 pounds in a few hours, he didn't! Most of the guys lost most of the extra weight slowly, over the next couple of years, but one of the guys didn't, and in fact grew again when his wife had her second pregnancy.

Maybe that's what happened to your neighbour.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #41
RedLegGI

RedLegGI has said some nice things

When my g/f (now wife) and I started dating, she was around 130-40. She had worked hard to get down to this weight, and was the thinnest she'd be her entire adult life. I really didnt notice her putting it back on until one morning she got out of bed, and her profile was stunning! Shes probably around 200 now. I love it

RedlegGI
RedLegGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #42
ciccialover

ciccialover has said some nice things

I started dating my 5'7" tall girlfriend 5 years ago when she was 163, now she is 211. When we'll get married I hope she will be obese yet, especially before having children!
ciccialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #43
alkonttt

alkonttt has said some nice things

thxx guys
alkonttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #44
Miss Jayde

Miss Jayde can now change their title
Default Yep

My BF was a super slim ultra healthy triathlete when we first started going out. After christmas last year he had put on 30 kg and was about 115kg at 188cm tall. He's lost most of that weight now though.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #45
Big Butt Asshley
Big Booty & A Smile

Big Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going onBig Butt Asshley knows EXACTLY what's going on

My weight has gone up considerable from when Phil & I first got married. Most of it though, came the first year after our son was born. I spent some time on leave from work, and stayed home with the baby.

A few of the girls from Dimensions would visit, and somehow food always became the topic of the day, so we'd buy tons of baked goods and other stuff, and within that first year I gained almost 80 pounds.

Phil, on the other hand, went from 220 to 240. Of course, he blames me for plumping him up!

He's on a diet as I write this.....................
Big Butt Asshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #46
Fat_Edd

Fat_Edd has said some nice things

Are you still looking to plump up Ashley, I loved the early morming doughnut run video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Butt Asshley View Post
My weight has gone up considerable from when Phil & I first got married. Most of it though, came the first year after our son was born. I spent some time on leave from work, and stayed home with the baby.

A few of the girls from Dimensions would visit, and somehow food always became the topic of the day, so we'd buy tons of baked goods and other stuff, and within that first year I gained almost 80 pounds.

Phil, on the other hand, went from 220 to 240. Of course, he blames me for plumping him up!

He's on a diet as I write this.....................
Fat_Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #47
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

One of my best friends gained 60 lbs with her first baby and never lost it.
She was about 180 and got gained another 50 with her second.
She has lost a lot here lately and looking too thin at 145/5'9".She still thinks she's too fat.
Her husband never gained at all during.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #48
docilej

docilej can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdocilej can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default marriage gain

I met my future wife she had to be a few ticks over 200lbs. As we dated she scaled herself down. By the time I proposed she was around 170lbs. Then we got married. Within a year she packed on a 100lbs. After 2 years of marriage she was well past 300lbs. All of this on a 5'2" frame. Been married for 14 years. So far she has gone thru two failed weight loss phases and she is currently on her third. Each time she "fell off the wagon" she gained back all her lost weight and added even more. I figure by mid-summer she'll crash and burn on this program too. I can't even imagine how big she'll get this time around.
docilej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:27 AM   #49
edino

edino has said some nice things

I was slim before I married, 175lb; that was way back in 1990. Now I weigh 350lbs. I must say I had always already a tendency to get fat, but fat-fear kept me thin; until now.
edino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #50
LuvBigBoned

LuvBigBoned can now change their title

Two of my best friends met and began dating in college when she was a 5-1, 125-pound freshman, but about to turn the Freshman 10 into the Freshman 35. By a year and a half later, she had to be a good 170-180 and they had moved in together. Four years after that, she surely had dipped after some Nutrisystem time, but then gained it all back to crest 200 as they were about to be engaged. That's about where she was when they got married the following year (just making legal what they and us had long considered official). Three years and a kid later, she was probably 210 as they celebrated a decade together. After the second kid, though, she ballooned to the 250-280 area. That's where she's been for the last 10 years.

For years, hubby tried to deny being an FA (his earlier sexual partners were in the heavyweight class). Now, he's too old and too tired to engage in such silliness.

Side note: The wife's high school-college freshman year best friend, also 5-1, had been a compact, powerfully-built gymnast before college. She packed on the pounds even faster that freshman year and quite evenly, so what had been curves from shapely muscle became even grander curves from muscle and fat as she pushed past 175 pounds. I swung by her dorm room looking for my pal and caught sight of her in a giant t-shirt that went to mid-thigh and bikini underwear I could see through the thin shirt. The shirt needed to be giant as it was pushed in all directions by her enlarged breasts, hips, tummy, butt and thighs. To this day, I've rarely been more instantly, animalistically turned on by someone.
LuvBigBoned is offline   Reply With Quote