Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 05-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #51
docilej

docilej can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdocilej can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default This might be a silly question, but.....

Is it a general rule of thumb that when a woman loses weight, more likely than not she'll gain it all back PLUS more? It seems to me these diets don't work, and in the end you just wind up being even bigger.
(...not that I'm complaining..)
docilej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:31 AM   #52
Russell Williams

Russell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default at many NAAFA conventions

I have asked many fat women about their weight histories.

Allmost all of them reported that they had reached a stable weight, decided to diet, and then gained all the weght back plus some more. Decided to diet, lost weight, gained all of it back plus some more and diet by diet gotten bigger and bigger.

I would tell them that they were not alone in this expierence and that was the common expierence of most of the fat women I had talked to.

Russell
Russell Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:32 AM   #53
Russell Williams

Russell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default at many NAAFA conventions

I have asked many fat women about their weight histories.

Allmost all of them reported that they had reached a stable weight, decided to diet, and then gained all the weght back plus some more. Decided to diet, lost weight, gained all of it back plus some more and diet by diet gotten bigger and bigger.

I would tell them that they were not alone in this expierence and that was the common expierence of most of the fat women I had talked to.

Russell
Russell Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #54
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousKitten View Post
But now I have a new guy AND have decided to indulge with him. We met in October and I was 185 and he was 293. Now it's January and I'm 192 and he's 306
Impressive.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #55
Southpaw

Southpaw has said some nice things
Default not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by billedmeup View Post
Any true stories of thin people gaining weight after marriage or during dating? Maybe because they married or dated a heavier spouse bf or gf.
If this fits or not but when I first met my wife she was on a crash diet, she dropped from 230 to about 135. I found out later it was because she wanted to date me and thought that I wouldn't date her because of her size. I dated her because I liked her as a person, we have been together for almost 14 years. We like everybody had our problems and one day I blurted out why don't you worry about us as much you do your weight, try focusing on us something that matters i don't care if you gain weight. I was hoping to shock her into realizing she needed to focus on her diet less and life more. It worked we are still happy together and i must admit I am very pleased to say she has gained back some of that weight, she is 5'4" and 175 now and lucious. She seems much more relaxed and I am much happier with a BBW!!!
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:41 PM   #56
Flutterby68
My Cups Runneth Over

Flutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Both DH and I have gained weight. He's put on about 50 lbs since December 2006 when we got together. I've put on about 30 lbs. He had washboard abs, now he looks about 7 months pregnant.

I had lost some weight, but now I'm back up to about 280. BOTH of us need to lose some for health/medical reasons.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not. (me)
Flutterby68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #57
billedmeup

billedmeup can now change their title
Default Great Stories

I started this thread ages ago and check back every once in a while. I love all the stories people have posted. I especially like the stories of the college athletes who gave up exercise and gained pounds.

The yo-yo dieting thing isn't limited to women. I think most people who diet, men and women, tend to put it back on plus more. I recently had some business meetings with a colleague I hadnít seen in several months. Last time I saw him, he didnít look chubby, but he told me his doctor wanted him to lose weight. So, he says he went on the South Beach diet and lost about 25 pounds, and now we are both about the same height and weight (6í1Ē ~185 lbs.). We had lunch together twice. First time was fried chicken, potatoes, lots of bread and chocolate cake. Second time was Italian, chicken parmesan, salad and lots of bread. Both times I couldnít finish mine and he cleaned his plate. I wonder what size he will be when I see him again in a few more months. Any bets?
billedmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #58
stillblessed23
A half full kinda girl

stillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized rep

hmm- wish I could say I was married lol but my best friend has gained a considerable amount of weight since she got married in 2008. When she got married she weighed about 240, now she is 310 and on a 5 ft frame that is VERY noticable lol. I joke with her all the time about how she is going to catch up to my weight and I'm 5'8. I think her husband is a secret feeder lol. He is definitely a FA since he tells her all the time that he likes her at her weight...more of her to love.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #59
spaced21

spaced21 has said some nice things

Was wondering if any other guys married here had to wait till their wife got pregnant before she gained?

My wife of 6 mo. knows my preferences but I think she won't let go until maybe she gets pregnant because its "ok" to gain weight then. We talked a little before we were married about when she got preg she would indulge my fantasy some...I can't wait really. I'm hoping she'll agree to maybe put on a little pre-preg weight to prepare(like 10lbs or so), then gain at least 40-50lbs during the pregnancy. i've also heard of more women gaining after the pregnancy because they are used to eating more and their metabolism changes. I think my wife has too good a metabolism now (she's 25) because she snacks a lot and doesnt eat real healthy yet her weight stays in a range like 135-140lbs.
spaced21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #60
Seraphina
pudding

Seraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSeraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSeraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaced21 View Post
My wife of 6 mo. knows my preferences but I think she won't let go until maybe she gets pregnant because its "ok" to gain weight then.
It is easier for women to gain weight while they are pregnant because no one is really going to say anything about it. I mean who cares if a pregnant woman eats for two! The only problem is that if she doesn't want to keep the weight then she will lose it soon enough after she's had the baby, especially if she breastfeeds. I had a friend who gained 65lbs plus the baby and the whole lot was gone in two or three months. That being said if she gains it and likes it, she'll probably stay fat. I just don't think you can assume if she gains during pregnancy then it will stay.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #61
voluptuouslover

voluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot pics

Thats not always the case every situation is differant.

My wife was very into working out (cardio exercise that is) and when she became pregnant she maintained working out to a slighter degree. She had three pregnancies very close together in a row gaining the most with the second one.

She did not like all the weight she gained after the pregnancies (even though I loved it, she was an absolute goddess). She said that she was going to lose all the weight and fast. I was very bummed out but after the first few months went by I saw her eating with the same appetite as if she was still pregnant with none of the weight coming off, this excited me. Then at the year point she lost some weight but not nearly what I thought she would shrink down to. It took her more than 3 years to get down to within 10 Lbs. of where she started but she maintained s lightly thicker figure with lovehandles she really never had before that wont go away much to my liking. Sure I wish she was much fatter again even though in the past year or so she is gradually creeping up in weight.

She happens to be pretty disciplined with working out and i took her quite a long time to lose the weight she gained after pregnancies.
voluptuouslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #62
billedmeup

billedmeup can now change their title
Default Pregnancy Weight

My wife was pregnant twice. Both times she gained less than 30 lbs. After the babies she was only about 15 lbs over where she had been and in a matter of a few weeks she was back to normal. Although she didn't keep the weight, I found her extra sexy when she was preganant.

Funny how most men are unhappy when their wives weight. I wouldn't mind but mine never gains an ounce.
billedmeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #63
spaced21

spaced21 has said some nice things

Nice responses, thanks. My wife works out a couple times a week too but its through a thing at work on her lunch break and that will go away once we have kids. I don't expect she'll be like 50 lbs heavier afterwords, but if even 10-15lbs stuck around i'd be thrilled because that would put her right at chubby which I like a lot too. I have a feeling she'll try to lose it all but I'm hoping like voluptuous said it sticks around anyway. We plan on having at least 2 kids and I've also heard the 2nd preg is where women gain a lot more.

So is it ok to encourage a big gain during preg like over 50lbs? seems like if you gain more than normal its more likely to stick but like you said seraphina it could still all be lost. worth a shot though heh. I have no idea if my wife will like it or not. I'm going to do my best to prove to her how sexy she is with extra weight.
spaced21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 AM   #64
Seraphina
pudding

Seraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSeraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSeraphina can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Honestly, in the spirit of keeping your wife and child healthy, huge gains during pregnancy aren't necessarily good for either of them. Not that I'm saying it would definitely make them ill or would definitely cause problems but there is some correlation between large weight gain in pregnancy and things like gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia. I would say encourage her to gain what she is comfortable with and listen to the midwife's advice. Definitely a gain is good and healthy but a really big gain might not be so good. The big problem you'll have is convincing her that she is sexy fat and pregnant, lots of women feel really whale like an unattractive.
Seraphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:41 AM   #65
hawkeye53200

hawkeye53200 has said some nice things
Default Not sure if this fits in here but....

While this doesn't qualify under the "pregnancy" issue, I think it does sort of fit in the "Marriage Weight Gain" genre. Please bear with me this is my first post.

I met fell madly in love with, and married a beautiful bbw in 1989. I knew she was "the one" for me. She had a young child, and had also undergone an early version of WLS.

In spite of that, over the course of 15 years her weight went from 199 to nearly 530 pounds. . Although she hated being fat, and gaining weight, she never blamed me. I always told her she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. (Ok I might be biased on that)

A few years ago she became ill, and lost about 150 pounds in the course of a year. But in my eyes she was still the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. .

Just thought I'd add to the discussion.
hawkeye53200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #66
Clyde

Clyde can now change their title
Smile

From marriage until now, the wife gained about 30 lbs. I maybe gained about 10-15. Last year she decided that she was going to plump me, and put me on a program to add girth. A year later, I put on 30 lbs., and she is still the same. Her plan is to get me a lot bigger (maybe another 80-100 lbs.). I am enjoying the ride!
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #67
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My boyfriend went from 170 when we first dated a year and a half ago to 250. I won't complain ^^
Zowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #68
voluptuouslover

voluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot pics

Isnt it funny how weight gain is liked or disliked so differently among people.

You like your boyfriends 80 Lb. gain

My wife does not like to gain weight herself but can do it fairly easy if she does not workout constantly but even likes it worse if I gain weight.

I would love to see her gain 80 Lbs. and I wouldnt mind myself gaining some if she liked it. Actually I could see myself gaining a bunch if she really loved it even though I much prefer her to become really fat.

Also, some that like to have there significant others gain do not want to gain at all themselves. Crazy!

Do you like to gain youreself, or do you just like your Boyfriend fattening up?

Every situation is so unique.....I had an exgirlfriend that liked both of us gaining and then when my belly got to big for her she want me to lose some but didnt mind herself getting bigger yet!
voluptuouslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #69
clltics12

clltics12 has said some nice things
Smile marriage weight gain

when I met my wife she was about 5'-10 ,130# she didn't gain any for about 5 years. two pregnancies got to 160 . She thought she was fat. One more child and weight was 170. Tried several diets , 5 years later 196#. More diets a little up an down. kids were now old enough that we could go out to eat on a regular basis. Her weight gradually went, 210, 225, 238 now 252. This was not without trying to diet & several WW. She still goes to the gym and is healthy, which is good. I love her larger figure. I myself went from 165 to 198 during the same time
clltics12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #70
Amarillowave

Amarillowave can now change their title

I married my wife almost 30 years ago when she was a 5'5", 155lb voluptous vixen, and I was a 6'0", 160lb cross country runner. Now, she's about 300(and even more voluptous) and I'm a 195lb couch potato with a nice round belly who could not run a mile if you chased me with a gun. went from a 30-32 waist to a 36 waist and have enjoyed every minute and every lb on both of us.
Amarillowave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:12 AM   #71
greyhound3378

greyhound3378 has said some nice things

My wife went from 140 to 304 and I went from 205 to 270. Marriage..a sure weight gain.
greyhound3378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:14 AM   #72
luvhips

luvhips can now change their title
Default weight gain

Back in college (1974) i met a very cute red head named Jen. She was a very stunning very pear shaped bbw about 275lbs. Jens mom who is about 5.10 very controlling and thin as a rail could never accept the fact that she had a FAT daughter. On the other hand her dad (average size) loved his daughter. One of the few things Jens mom could not control was her weight. Thirty six years later we are still very close friends. After wondering her weight we ordered a scale. It arrived friday and we were like two little kids opening a very special present. Much to our dismay we needed double AA batteries. A quick trip to 7-11 and we were set. Prior to the scale arriving we played the weight guessing game. I was low Jen was high. As they say scales don't lie . when she stepped on the scale it was like the wheel on the price is right. It read 617. Thats a weight gain of about 342 lbs in 36 years. in the heat of the moment (no sex) we took the tape measure out. My beautiful friend meaures a stagering 74-70-99. She walks with a pronounced waddle and a cane but is still very mobile. she lookes much younger than her 55years which she attributes to the fat filling in the wrinkles. Jen is happy healthy and cant wait to see what the next few years bring.
luvhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #73
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound3378 View Post
. Marriage..a sure weight gain.
Well, not really. Some people gain, some don't. My wife is within a few pounds of her marriage weight (and has been below it for multi-year stretches) after having gained weight steadily until we got married.

People vary and the dynamics of each relationship differ.

Just pointing this out, because there are some young FA who think something like "Well, he/she is really too thin for me, but I love them otherwise, so if we get married they'll gain weight and all will be good with the world." So I don't want to encourage that assumption, as it may not hold true!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #74
luvhips

luvhips can now change their title

You are 100% correct. Granted Jen and i are not married but it took over 30 years to gain all the weight. If you are an FA be an FA. Only a small percentage of society wants to gain weight.
luvhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #75
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Not married, just observing. But do you think post pregnancy depression could be a cause to gain weight it would be probably a horrible thing to go through, but still it could be a factor.
Kenster102.5 is offline   Reply With Quote