Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Post 5 random facts about yourself!

Because I'm nosy, and I demand it!

But seriously... I feel like I'm on a complete stranger basis with everybody. Humour me, (with a u) and play along to help me get to know you. (And to help others get to know you.) It's a fun game anyway!

The facts can be anything! I will play too. GO!!
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
StrawberiPai

StrawberiPai has said some nice things
Wink

Yippie! This sounds like fun!

1. I have stickers on my cellphone.
2. I'm dying my hair two new colours! (But the colours are a secret!)
3. I bite my nails. >>
4. I'm in love with Donatello from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
5. I'm an honor student!
StrawberiPai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Okay, well.

1. Though I'm educationally aspiring to be a chef and restauranteur, I have a second dream career as a singer or Musical actor. Both are my dream jobs.

2. My Father was a professional Baseball player on three major league teams. Who he is and which teams they were, I won't say.

3. I once jumped off a cliff, which for some odd reason had the effect of making me take more risks in my life, which has paid off. Oh, and the cliff was into water, so I didn't die or anything.

4. Though my favorite type of food is Asian, my favorite dish is Italian.

5. I've tried out for American Idol this past season, and will again next opportunity I get. That kinda ties to 1.

Now where are your five facts?
Old 01-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberiPai View Post
Yippie! This sounds like fun!

1. I have stickers on my cellphone.
2. I'm dying my hair two new colours! (But the colours are a secret!)
3. I bite my nails. >>
4. I'm in love with Donatello from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
5. I'm an honor student!
Donatello is my favourite too!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSpark View Post
Okay, well.

1. Though I'm educationally aspiring to be a chef and restauranteur, I have a second dream career as a singer or Musical actor. Both are my dream jobs.

2. My Father was a professional Baseball player on three major league teams. Who he is and which teams they were, I won't say.

3. I once jumped off a cliff, which for some odd reason had the effect of making me take more risks in my life, which has paid off. Oh, and the cliff was into water, so I didn't die or anything.

4. Though my favorite type of food is Asian, my favorite dish is Italian.

5. I've tried out for American Idol this past season, and will again next opportunity I get. That kinda ties to 1.

Oh my God! The thought of cliff jumping actually upsets me. My biggest fear is heights, to be honest.
How did trying out for American Idol go? Any good feedback?
Old 01-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #6
StrawberiPai

StrawberiPai has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSpark View Post

OMG Did you actually meet the judges?

I don't even watch that show and I still need to know.
StrawberiPai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Here's my five!

1. My favourite genre to read is science fiction/fantasy.

2. My minor is in visual arts, but I wish I had the guts to have pursued that as a major.

3. I cry a little bit whenever I see my favourite bands live. (And no, they aren't boy bands! haha! Although with my behaviour they might as well be.)

4. I collect secret tattoos and piercings. For some reason I derive great satisfaction out of the fact that hardly anybody knows about them. I envision myself down the road as a professional woman with all these secrets beneath my stupid little businesslike outfit!

5. I am frightened by horses and birds.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
Asrai

Asrai can now change their title

1. I cry at emotional scenes in movies and blame The Land Before Time for it...

2. I'm an artist who sculpts in plastic resin, mostly movie characters such as the monster from the Alien movies.

3. I'm having trouble finishing my advanced math class in my engineering studies, this is my third try.

4. I'm a huge nerd who not only plays computer (Team Fortress 2) games but also tabletop wargames (Warhammer).

5. I actually think I'm hot, even though as a fat guy I'm supposed to have low self esteem and even swim with a shirt on. I'm not afraid that people see my body, on the contrary I kind of like the attention I get.
Asrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Ha. I love how everyone jumps on the American Idol thing.

First thing first, I didn't make it past the first audition. The first audition is in the big stadium on the grounds. The set up booths, put a producer at each one, and have people go up, section by section, in groups of four, and sing about 30 seconds apiece, then, they tell you which, if any made it through. Of the thousands that come in (here in KC it was estimated 15,000, which means about 7,500 auditioners plus their one guest), only about 200 make it through, the best, and the worst. They could put more through, but by their standards it usually adds up to about 200 whether they try to or not. There are tons of stories from people who are great singers or heard amazing singers get cut at the first round. Example: Jordin Sparks, the winner of Season 6, had to audition a second time after getting cut first round of her first audition. I got cut in this stage, but the feedback was good, and I'm going back knowing what to do right this time around.

After that, if you make it through, you go to another round like it or to the head producers of the show, who you'll sing for in a room like the one you see Simon, Randy, and Paula in, alone like on the show. There are many cases of them switching out footage from this round for the one in front of the Judges. If you are good, or bad, enough to make it through, you then go to the famous three, and after that it's like you see on TV.

So there you have it.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #10
Neen
Free Spirit

Neen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

1. I'm a hippie
2. Big fan of Obama
3. Love asian men
4. Wants to shark cage dive with great whites
5. Terrified of spiders
Old 01-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrai View Post
1. I cry at emotional scenes in movies and blame The Land Before Time for it...

2. I'm an artist who sculpts in plastic resin, mostly movie characters such as the monster from the Alien movies.

3. I'm having trouble finishing my advanced math class in my engineering studies, this is my third try.

4. I'm a huge nerd who not only plays computer (Team Fortress 2) games but also tabletop wargames (Warhammer).

5. I actually think I'm hot, even though as a fat guy I'm supposed to have low self esteem and even swim with a shirt on. I'm not afraid that people see my body, on the contrary I kind of like the attention I get.

While all of the above are endearing, I especially love #5!! I love a big man that can be confident in himself! One of my biggest pet peeves is when the men I date never take their damn shirts off. (It has happened many times!)
Old 01-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen View Post
1. I'm a hippie
2. Big fan of Obama
3. Love asian men
4. Wants to shark cage dive with great whites
5. Terrified of spiders
Terrified of spiders but not SHARKS! That is a brave endeavour!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
While all of the above are endearing, I especially love #5!! I love a big man that can be confident in himself! One of my biggest pet peeves is when the men I date never take their damn shirts off. (It has happened many times!)
I guess that leaves me at an advantage being a high school swimmer. Once you've bared it all in nothing but a speedo among relatively toned guys, swimming in just trunks doesn't really bug you that much.

There's a bonus 6th fact for you. XD
Old 01-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #14
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

Hmmmm let me see... I'm gonna choose some from this thread http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...&postcount=248 cos i'm too lazy to think of new ones

1. My full name is Sarah Ellen Bradley and I was born in Wordsley Hospital, West Midlands, UK in December 84

2. I'm very motherly and nuerturing. I will do anything for anyone and I love to spoil my Dan, It makes me happy!

3. 17. I have weighed more than 180lb in the past.

4. I've suffered with chronic depression, which is controlled by medication, since I was 13. I've been hospitalised several times for it.

5. I love piercings, tattoos (I currently have 17 piercings and 2 tattoos) and gothic subculture. I've been ridiculed for it many times but I'm not about to change for anyone.
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:38 PM   #15
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

1. Butts are my kryptonite
2. I'm obsessed with art in all forms (music, film, writing, cooking)
3. I like midnight picnics and pillow forts
4. I'm a masterful chef
5. Cuddling and laughing are my favorite pastimes
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #16
Adamantoise
Adamantine Tortoise

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default By Demand/Request...

Five...Random facts...About....Adamantoise (Tom)

1: Bill Bailey is one of my favorite stand-up comedians.

2: I have a hand-span of 24cm.

3: I used to be very insecure about my ears...

4: I have an adorable,1 year old neice.

5: I have a guitar...with no strings (hoping to replace 'em soon-ish).

There ya go...enjoy (?).

Adamantoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

1.) I wish I could be a famous singer (when I'm in the shower, I pretend I'm singing on the American Idol stage)

2.) I'm thinking of changing my name

3.) I can't do the number two in public places

4.) I wanna go to the beach in a speedo someday

5.) I love having ethnic friends, diversity is the spice of life
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #18
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

1.I love cats.

2.I have 5 grandchildren at the age of 40.

3.I'm married to a man 25 years older than me.

4.I'm obsessed with growing things.

5.I wear an apron(from the 50's) when working in the kitchen.

It just gets stranger from there.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #19
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

1. I lost my biological mother to cancer when I was 11, she had just turned 28. That explains a lot about me
  2. I have 4 younger sisters. We have a yours, mine, ours kind of family now. But my sisters are just my sisters. Half/step terms mean nothing to me.
  3. I've never flown.
  4. It's been almost 15 years since I quit smoking. Cold turkey, no relapses.
  5. I hate walking around in bare feet. HATE.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #20
Hole

Hole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticed

- My name is Sarah.I am half Welsh, half Arab.

- I used to bite my nails compulsively.

- I have kissed a dolphin.

- Though I have a serious side to me, I'm a HUGE goofball too.

- I write poetry.
Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #21
soleil3313
Just keep swimming.......

soleil3313 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessoleil3313 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessoleil3313 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

This is fun

1. I speak and love everything French.
2. I'm deathly afraid I'll never find "the one."
3. I can't live without music.
4. My "Things To Do Before I Die" list includes learning to play the piano and being on Jeopardy.
5. I think nap time should be scheduled into the regular work day....even if it's just enough time for a little cat nap...right after lunch....who's with me on this?!?!?
Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #22
IwannabeVERYfat
ready to be fattened up!!

IwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

1.I am very loving

2.I am a feedee

3.I am single

4.I have a cute flabby belly

5.I love old cars

PROUD FAN OF BigCutieQTPie!!
She is My dream lady!!
IwannabeVERYfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
Ryōri
Built Like a Teddy Bear

Ryōri can now change their title

1. I have worked with Chef Morimoto, from Iron Chef, for a charity event.
2. When I lay on my side, my tear ducts over produce tears
3. In middle school we did a "play" of Ghostbusters and I played the Marshmallow man and Slimer
4. When I was about 7, I wanted to grow up and become a taco
5. I tried out for Hell's Kitchen and made it to a point I got to meet Gordon Ramsey. He's not as big a douche bag as most people think.

Last edited by Ryōri; 01-10-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Ryōri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #24
OneHauteMama

OneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized rep

Hmmm...lessee...

1. If I hadn't gotten married so young (21), I would have pursued a singing career. Maybe I still can.

2. It took me until I was 27 to fall in REAL love. The kind that makes you say "Holy shit! So THIS is what they mean!"...you know the kind...where the longing for your sweetheart becomes physically painful. But it's blissful pain.

3. I live in Hawaii, but I've never frickin' snorkelled. Not for lack of trying, but because every time it's planned I get my period... :-(

4. I have one sibling...a brother...5yrs and 8mos older. His bday is today.

5. I'm klutzy. I sing and dance in the shower...and have fallen more than once because of it. I also fall UP stairs...total klutz.
OneHauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #25
benzdiesel

benzdiesel can now change their title

OK, I might as well jump in on this one. Bear with me...

1. I'm a geek. Majorly. Computer science major, star trek fan, would rather use the slowest remaining Mac/Linux machine than a new Windoze platform, constantly repairing things that other people would throw away, basement full of fifteen year old computers I just tinker with, I shoot manual-focus manual-exposure cameras... the list goes on. Nearly everything I use is open-source.

2. In my life, I do a very Spock-like (star trek reference for the unfamiliar, if there is such a thing) emotion concealment for the most part... everything I say, everything I act, is usually carefully metered out to make me appear a little less spontaneous and a little more unflappable than I actually am... just because that's the impression I'd like people to have of me, that I'm in control of myself. I am 95% of the time anyway.

3. I won't say it's my single biggest pet peeve, but it's right up there: everything we buy now is made too cheap to last and made to where you can't repair it. I miss the days when you could buy a toaster or a vcr, use it for twenty-five years, when it broke you could take it to a toaster repair shop or a vcr repair shop and have actual parts changed out by an actual technician. For this reason, I'm driving a 1986 diesel car simply because it's still do-it-yourself repairable.

4. Despite the geekiness, I'm actually an outdoorsy person. I could never stand living in a city or a development, I need my space. I've never been particularly into sports, watching or playing them; however, I grew up enjoying and still love skeet shooting (related to me being an outdoors person, I guess.)

5. Can't think of anything organized so I'm just going to throw in a whole bunch of random interests and hobbies: photography, animals of all kinds (especially dogs), meteor showers and anything else space-y, reading (anything and everything) - on that subject, my favorite old author is Mark Twain, my favorite modern author would have to be Elizabeth Peters -- I play several instruments including trombone, accordion, piano (at church and at home), ... I'm running out here. Anything else, just ask me if you're curious.
benzdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote