Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Event Discussion (Archive Only)

Old 05-13-2009, 04:31 AM   #26
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls_girl26 View Post
My immediate family lives in Kenowhere but I live up in Minneapolis. I just had to respond to this one because I've been to both Marshfield and believe it or not....Mellen. Friends from college grew up in Marshfield so I've been there several times. It cracked me up going there the first time because they said it's the "big city" for central Wisconsin....lol.

As for Mellen....my college roommate lives in High Bridge so right by there. too funny.
That *is* funny. And yes, Marshfield is the biggest city for a few miles around, LOL. When I was a kid, going to Marshfield for school shopping and Christmas shopping were big trips! What we really like, though, is the combination small town atmosphere with access to a few city amenities.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #27
guy2814

guy2814 has said some nice things
Default wisconsin

hi guys im new to this but im from racine
Old 07-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #28
T_Devil
A Happy Disaster

T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm from Oshkosh.
Let the shame flow freely.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #29
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am moving to Milwaukee next month. Have no idea how I am going to get used to the climate change coming from AZ.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #30
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pssssh.
I'd kill to live in freakin' Oshkosh, Man!

Middle-Of-Nowheresville is no fun! >(
Old 07-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #31
T_Devil
A Happy Disaster

T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
I am moving to Milwaukee next month. Have no idea how I am going to get used to the climate change coming from AZ.
Oh, you're gonna hate it.
Imagine jumping out of a hot tub and into a pool of ice water. It won't be bad, yet. But around January or Febuary, it's like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Plump Princess View Post
Pssssh.
I'd kill to live in freakin' Oshkosh, Man!

Middle-Of-Nowheresville is no fun! >(
Really? Not Appelton?
Living in the boonies does suck though, I can definently understand that. I've lived in Oshberg my whole life and have kind of grown to loathe it. I have a 5 year plan though! In 5 years I'll be 40 and living in sunny California!
I hope.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #32
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Any person can go to appleton, Oshkosh gets less recognition! [Lol] I was born and raised in this one-schizo horse town called "Waupaca". It's hilarious, though, because people from different states like NY and CA are just flabbergasted when I tell them of places like odgensburg: Population 201. Or Pine River, which only has a Bar, a Library, and a Post Office.

Yeah. The Nature is kind of pretty though.
In summer, FUCK the cold and snow.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #33
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have been to Oshkosh on business a number of times and it is a pretty small place but very pretty. I will be trekking up there regularly once we move.

I am fortunate enough to work from home for myself so I avoid much of the unpleasantness of extreme weather. It is so unbearably hot in Phoenix from spring to early fall that I plan a lot of trips during that time to break it up, I imagine I will just do that during the winter from here on in.

Brenda
Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #34
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I have been to Oshkosh on business a number of times and it is a pretty small place but very pretty. I will be trekking up there regularly once we move.

I am fortunate enough to work from home for myself so I avoid much of the unpleasantness of extreme weather. It is so unbearably hot in Phoenix from spring to early fall that I plan a lot of trips during that time to break it up, I imagine I will just do that during the winter from here on in.

Brenda

I love Milwaukee, we were just down there on the 17th and 18th. So much to do and fairly easy to navigate around. I am from Texas, trust me you will get used to the cold. Enjoy!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #35
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
I love Milwaukee, we were just down there on the 17th and 18th. So much to do and fairly easy to navigate around. I am from Texas, trust me you will get used to the cold. Enjoy!
You shoulda let me KNOWWWWW!
BellaZwebs- EXTRA HOT :batting:;):batting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith
Old 07-31-2010, 10:54 PM   #36
WomanlyHips
..Seen Lust, Seen Love...

WomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this board

I'll be making a move from north Texas to Madison, I really-really can't wait! I'm hoping there's an FA, or two, there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
Old 08-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #37
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanlyHips View Post
I'll be making a move from north Texas to Madison, I really-really can't wait! I'm hoping there's an FA, or two, there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
I'm about an hour east of there in Whitewater. I hear rumors that there are FA's in this part of Wisconsin, but like the Yetti and the Loch Ness Monster, they seem to be a myth lol.

NOT saying they don't exist, or I don't believe in them...but I've never seen them.

Best of luck with your move though, and even more luck with the FA's lol. They HAVE to be out there SOMEWHERE.

Maybe we should thinking about organizing a Dims meet up lunch, as there are starting to be more of us around.
Quote:
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith
Old 08-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #38
WomanlyHips
..Seen Lust, Seen Love...

WomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszwebs View Post
I'm about an hour east of there in Whitewater. I hear rumors that there are FA's in this part of Wisconsin, but like the Yetti and the Loch Ness Monster, they seem to be a myth lol.

NOT saying they don't exist, or I don't believe in them...but I've never seen them.

Best of luck with your move though, and even more luck with the FA's lol. They HAVE to be out there SOMEWHERE.

Maybe we should thinking about organizing a Dims meet up lunch, as there are starting to be more of us around.

I think I'll have to do some digging on Ebay to find a net big enough to catch such an elusive creature!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #39
Brenda

Finally moved!

Has anyone been to the bbw dances that are held occasionally in Milwaukee? Would love to hear about them if anyone has been.

Brenda
Old 08-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #40
mszwebs
For The WIN.

Quote:
Finally moved!

Has anyone been to the bbw dances that are held occasionally in Milwaukee? Would love to hear about them if anyone has been.

Brenda
I went to one last July. It was... interesting lol. Not terrible, but not overwhelmingly exciting either.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #41
Brenda

Thanks for the review. I may check it out, could be a good way to meet a a friend who shops in similar clothing stores. It is always nice to have at least one friend you can shop with in stores that actually carry your size.

Brenda
Old 08-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #42
mpls_girl26

mpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Finally moved!

Brenda
if you are talking about Linda's Big Connection I haven't been to any of the regular dances but have been to the Boo Bash down in CHicago. I would recommend that for sure!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:58 PM   #43
mszwebs
For The WIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls_girl26 View Post
if you are talking about Linda's Big Connection I haven't been to any of the regular dances but have been to the Boo Bash down in CHicago. I would recommend that for sure!
I would second that... the bashes are fun. But the dance was a little cramped.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #44
Brenda

I saw the Halloween bash advertised and think we will try to go. They are having a dance in late September in Milwaukee I hope to attend.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #45
JennaVonDell
Jenna VonDell

JennaVonDell can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJennaVonDell can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default hi

Just over the border in the Gurnee, IL. area.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #46
Brenda

So anyone know where to get a really warm coat in a plus size? Everything I see in the fatty stores is paper thin. And also not ugly lol

Thanks

Brenda
Old 11-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #47
mszwebs
For The WIN.

Quote:
So anyone know where to get a really warm coat in a plus size? Everything I see in the fatty stores is paper thin. And also not ugly lol

Thanks

Brenda
Go online and get it from Woman Within. My coat is super warm and everyone seems to love it...that's where I got mine.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #48
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Thanks

Brenda
Lands End and L.L. Bean carry sizes up to 3X. The selection is pretty good, and you won't be limited to choosing between navy, red, and grey for colors, either. They also give temperature ratings for some items.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #49
Brenda

It is getting a bit chilly. Someone should have warned me.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #50
MeltzNyoMouf

MeltzNyoMouf has said some nice things
Default hey

wavin my hand

lol