Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #26
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Disclaimer: I am purely an amateur cake decorator, have never attended any cake decorating classes (obviously), and make cakes for friends and family only. I could never make anything as stunning as that white-and-pink heart cake in the 2nd post in this thread.
those were super cute! i agree...you should consider taking a class. you have good skills!

i have made decorated cakes before, but generally i stick to the 'buy the mold pan and cover the whole thing in the little stars' format.

i cannot get fondant to stay on a cake to save my life. it is either too thick and heavy and falls off...or my icing just lets it slide down.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #27
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
They're fun just to look at! Clever, orginal, and artistic: just what I would have expected from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
They look great! Might want to try to do it as a living. I think you would do well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
those were super cute! i agree...you should consider taking a class. you have good skills!

i have made decorated cakes before, but generally i stick to the 'buy the mold pan and cover the whole thing in the little stars' format.

i cannot get fondant to stay on a cake to save my life. it is either too thick and heavy and falls off...or my icing just lets it slide down.
Aw, thanks--you all are much too kind!!

luvmybhm: I've always been too intimidated by fondant to try using it, and I'm sure I'd have the same problems. I'm impressed that you were brave enough to try it at all, let alone more than once!
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote