Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
StrawberiPai

StrawberiPai has said some nice things
Question FFA's: could You See Yourself Dating a Skinny Man?

I know this is a sensitive subject so I'm approaching it with caution...

I've always wondered what anyone else would say to this question. I'm really wondering if I'm just a horrible person when I say that I really can't see myself dating a thin guy.

It's not as if I would say no to a guy just because he's not bigger, but when I close my eyes and think about the guy I want to be with, he's always been big. If I try to force myself (and I do have to force myself) to picture a slender-type of boy, it doesn't feel right. =/

Maybe it's just because I'm only comfortable imagining, like, my DREAM guy and anything less then that isn't what I want? Or am I just a bad person?

What do you guys say? >> When you picture a 'boyfriend' in your head, is he always bigger?

On a side note, am I the only one who imagines fake boyfriends? XD

Cosplay lover!
Decora lover!
Lolita lover! (The fashion!)
Anime lover!
Yatta!!

Last edited by StrawberiPai; 01-26-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Adding extra question. <3
StrawberiPai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
SoliloquyOfaSiren

SoliloquyOfaSiren can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSoliloquyOfaSiren can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberiPai View Post
I know this is a sensitive subject so I'm approaching it with caution...

I've always wondered what anyone else would say to this question. I'm really wondering if I'm just a horrible person when I say that I really can't see myself dating a thin guy.

It's not as if I would say no to a guy just because he's not bigger, but when I close my eyes and think about the guy I want to be with, he's always been big. If I try to force myself (and I do have to force myself) to picture a slender-type of boy, it doesn't feel right. =/

Maybe it's just because I'm only comfortable imagining, like, my DREAM guy and anything less then that isn't what I want? Or am I just a bad person?

What do you guys say? >> When you picture a 'boyfriend' in your head, is he always bigger?

On a side note, am I the only one who imagines fake boyfriends? XD

Eh as I have said many times...personality is everything to me. I've dated thin guys, muscular guys, and chubby guys. I can definitely say I prefer my men to be bigger, but I'm not going to ask someone to be something theyre not. So if I did happen to be attracted to a thin guy and things worked out I wouldn;t mind being with him....although the physical attraction for me wouldnt really be there

So shall we recap this pathetic life?
I'll role the clip, you'll hold the knife.
Rewind back to when you cared,
then fast-forward to the scars we bare.
And we'll open our eyes to find everything's fading.
Reckon it's fatal, but just look at the ratings.
Because the populace indulges through TV screens,
TiVo the laughter and mute the screams.
Thus we bottle all our tears inside,
repress the pain till our hearts collide...
SoliloquyOfaSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
Love.Metal
Straight Trippin'

Love.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going on

My boyfriend IS skinny...I went from dating a 350lb. BHM *drools* to dating a normal, 150lb. guy.

It's a helluva transition, but personality and morals win out over physicality.

Oh, but I do totally have an obese imaginary boyfriend.
He's effin' hot.

<3

There are so many little dyings that it doesn't matter which of them is death. ~Kenneth Patchen

God is growing bitter, He envies man his mortality. ~Jacques Rigaut
Love.Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
SoliloquyOfaSiren

SoliloquyOfaSiren can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSoliloquyOfaSiren can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love.Metal View Post
My boyfriend IS skinny...I went from dating a 350lb. BHM *drools* to dating a normal, 150lb. guy.

He's effin' hot.

<3
I totally agree *nods*

Old 01-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think any time your not with your "Dream" partner your selling yourself short. I can't imagine going "If only they were this or that" I've been there done that. 10 years down the road you start doing and thinking crazy things. So do yourself a favor, love the relationship your in, with the person your with. Don't waist time and energy hoping for it to be something different than it is.

Or as Opra said it :

“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.” - Oprah Winfrey
Old 01-26-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
I think any time your not with your "Dream" partner your selling yourself short.
Stephen Stills would disagree with you.
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

I've dated a couple of skinnier men in the past, and I have to admit they did nothing for me. I was sexually frustrated all the time. To go with that, they were total JERKS, If they had been decent guys with personality then that would have been a different thing all together.

Now I never have to worry about this issue. I've found the BHM I want to spend the rest of my life with of whom I'm attracted to in everyway.. Mentally, personality wise and asthetically.

Last edited by kinkykitten; 01-26-2009 at 07:08 PM.
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
SoliloquyOfaSiren

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkykitten View Post
I've dated a couple of skinnier men in the past, and I have to admit they did nothing for me. I was sexually frustrated all the time. To go with that, they were total JERKS, If they had been decent guys with personality then that would have been a different thing all together.

Now I never have to worry about this issue. I've found the BHM I want to spend the rest of my life with.
Ahhh btw whens the wedding??

Old 01-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoliloquyOfaSiren View Post
Ahhh btw whens the wedding??
We are hoping May. I can't wait
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
SoliloquyOfaSiren

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkykitten View Post
We are hoping May. I can't wait
Aww too bad youre overseas...I would love to have been part of such a beautiful union

Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
Ichida

Ichida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIchida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIchida can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have dated skinny and chubby and skinny does nothing for me sexually - and if there is no sexual tension they are just friends in the end!

My guy was thinner when we started dating BUT he loves eating, so I got to enjoy that. I would love him thin or thick but he groans (half heartedly now) that he will never lose his water wings (love handles) around me.

Its funny, before I met him i dreamed of his body type, nice and chubby as my dream guy.

Don't settle, but don't let some FUN relationships pass you by either!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #12
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My dating days are over, as I’m now engaged to the sexiest, most amazing man I’ve ever met *gushes, but when I was still on the market, I dated men of all sizes. The thinner ones were usually chosen based on personality and often had pretty faces, so they weren’t horrible or anything – just didn’t really do it for me. That’s cool though, since everyone needs to go through a weeding out phase where they narrow down the qualities that they absolutely need in a partner.

By the time I got to my current man, I was totally aware of what I wanted…and he had it! He is brilliant, hilarious, loving, has excellent taste in every form of media, as well as clothing, he’s hygienic, extremely tall, has a perfect face and meets my squishiness requirements (yes, eventually a range of equally-acceptable body types became obvious).

Anyway, IF I was still dating, I would probably never date another skinny guy simply because I’ve learned that his body just isn’t sexually appealing, and that can end up causing huge problems later on, as well as totally overshadowing his positive traits.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:02 AM   #13
anybodys

anybodys can now change their title

I don't think you're a bad person for knowing what you want. I dated a skinny guy and while it was fun some of the time, there was always that frustration that he physically wasn't *enough.* Not to sound mean, but that's what it was-- I felt like all my meals were delicious but tiny and too infrequent.
anybodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:20 AM   #14
MaryElizabethAntoinette
Beauty is Relative

MaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love.Metal View Post

He's effin' hot.

<3
I have an obese imaginary boyfriend too!! He's my Jiminy. (it's funny cuz Chris hates Jiminy so much, he's just that real.).

But on another note... to answer the question... I've dated many thin guys before for personality, but personality doesn't cut it all the time.

My ex boyfriend Graham was a sponsored mountain biker, a sound engineer, a multi-millionare, and eccentrically intelligent to boot. But he was fit. No matter how much my mind loved him, and no matter how well we worked together... I was sexually starved.
After all, as an FFA, there was no way I could completely ignore my instincts and just pretend I didn't need a fatter man to be happy.
So, I ended up leaving him, for Chris.

It's funny, I got sick of dating men for their personalities, so when I turned 18, I purposely went out to look for a fat man. I waited for a while too... cuz I wasn't going to lie and join these sites before I turned 18 (hense why I joined on my 18th birthday). So now my birthday is also my dimensions anniversary... I'm a goof.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MaryElizabethAntoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #15
Diego

Diego can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDiego can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have much versatility in my taste and also in bed. So with an open mind i can date a lot of the guys.
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:40 AM   #16
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am generally attracted to older, fatter women and used to date them exclusively but I have been with a younger, thinner male for almost a year now and it is the most stable loving relationship I have ever had. I was so besotted with his personality that I would have been okay with the idea of having a celibate relationship. The physical attraction did come later, which was a pleasant surprise since we didn't actually expect that.

However, as much as I love him, I don't think I can deal with it if he actually looks and acts male because that is too much of a turn-off. So yes, I can be with someone who isn't "my type" but it has to be someone I am at worst neutral about, and they definitely have to make up for it in other ways.

I don't have an imaginary big girlfriend, but I occasionally poke at his balls and tell him how good it might be if he had been born female.

Last edited by Cors; 01-27-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:01 AM   #17
cammy
bellyphile

cammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this board

Been with all types - I absolutely love men.

Although fat is my ultimate preference.
.·:* .·:*
cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #18
ThatOneGirl

ThatOneGirl has said some nice things

I don't think I've ever done "skinny", but last year I dated a really athletic jock-type guy. He was easily the 'best' guy I've had in terms of personality and knowing how to treat a girl, but his body did less than nothing for me, which really sucked. There was a brief period where his coach told him he had to gain at least 50 pounds to keep playing football, and I was ridiculously excited. Then he decided to quit football instead. Then I broke up with him...not for that exact reason, but it certainly didn't help haha. After that I promised myself not to be with anyone I wasn't attracted to, which means I don't think I've even looked twice at a guy who wasn't at least chubby in a loooong time.
ThatOneGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Curses, can’t rep any of the posts that I want to rep!

Mary-Antoinette, I love how non-random your story is. Cool to see how your mind works.

Cors: for some reason your post had me all but giggling, especially that last bit! I shouldn’t laugh at what is a real and true quandary, but the mental image is just too funny. Although just how he’s avoided “looking male” for all of this time I don’t know, that must take some talent!

Cammy: I love how succinct that is. Great to see someone who has it worked out that clearly
Old 01-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #20
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Cors: for some reason your post had me all but giggling, especially that last bit! I shouldn’t laugh at what is a real and true quandary, but the mental image is just too funny. Although just how he’s avoided “looking male” for all of this time I don’t know, that must take some talent!
He doesn't have to try I guess. Exceptionally pale, thin, somewhat delicate features, minimal blond soft body hair and shaved everywhere else. I do love androgynous and butch women so its not too much of a stretch. ;D
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #21
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That does not at all make you a bad person!! Everybody has preferences, and you really can't help that. I understand that dating is not about imagining a "perfect" person and then seeking that person out, shooting everyone down who doesn't fit your requirements - but it's also not about dating people you're completely unattracted to just because you feel bad about those preferences.

And in response to your question - yes, I have dated slim guys, and it was alright. I found I just prefer heavier guys, but I never would have known that if I hadn't dated different types!
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #22
Amandy
Snarktacular

Amandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAmandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Have I? yes
Would I again? no
Old 01-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #23
persimmon
And now, in stereo!

persimmon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokespersimmon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think thin guys can be sexy and good-looking, and I've dated a few in my time--hell, my TV crush is Spike from Buffy, and he's all about the angular--but they're sexy in a different, more generalised way for me than fat guys.

p
persimmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #24
CherryRVA
Metalhead FFA

CherryRVA does more than just post hot picsCherryRVA does more than just post hot picsCherryRVA does more than just post hot pics

I have dated thin guys and I have dated heavier guys.

I vastly prefer BHMs. My first really great sexual experience was with a BHM and I guess I was chasing that ever since, until I met my current guy.

Perhaps it was my failing in choosing the wrong type of person, but it just seemed like every skinny guy I was with before was a closet FA. They'd be just fine with us in private, but around other people, they just didn't want to fess up. Then I was with an out and out FA for 7 years (my ex husband), but he was rather controlling and boring at the same time. We just didn't match at all and he was not skinny, but not BHM either.

I have to say following my heart and dating a BHM has made me a much happier lady and welcoming a 3rd into our relationship, a BBW, has made me even more joyful.
CherryRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #25
Bellyjeansgirl

Bellyjeansgirl can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by persimmon View Post
I think thin guys can be sexy and good-looking, and I've dated a few in my time--hell, my TV crush is Spike from Buffy, and he's all about the angular--but they're sexy in a different, more generalised way for me than fat guys.

p
I think they can be insanely sexy. Spike - agreed!

But when I think about me actually being with him in bed, I'll pass. It just doesn't do anything for me.

On another note, I'm finding myself incredibly attracted to a guy that had his stomach stapled. Mind you, he somehow managed to gain back some weight even with his surgery. He's at 260 now.

I *should* be frustrated that he can't eat a lot, but I find his current weight completely attractive. I'm so confused. Generally I'd shoot for over 300, but I can't get this guy out of my mind.

I know he's never going to have abs so perhaps that's a consolation, but I wouldn't even mind it if he dropped some more weight. (Not that I'd encourage it of course!)

Either way, I'm completely boggled by my latest object of every wet dream.
Bellyjeansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote