Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #126
fatterisbetter

fatterisbetter can now change their title
Default Scooters are cool!

I don't think a scooter necessarily makes a fat woman sexier but it certainly doesn't make her less sexy. Scooters are just plain cool because they help you move about. Both my wife and I are pretty fat by now and both of us have used scooters in the past temporarily due to injuries. I had a badly twisted ankle a few years ago and happily used the walmart and costco scooters to go shopping. My wife broke her leg two years ago and used a scooter then. So I totally support all the ssbbw scooter users out there.
fatterisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #127
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Man View Post
If any of you have to use a scooter in the company of a walker, please remember that they are walking and thus tire sooner and need to sit. My ex-GF had to use a scooter because of her knees (being a BBW didn't help, but it really was her knees) and she'd run me ragged zipping around the store while I was walking everywhere.

While taking a second scooter as you do does solve that problem, I wouldn't dream of using one solely because she was, just because I'd feel so guilty about it. Not saying you should feel guilty, BTW, only that I would.
You make a good point actually. When I am using my scooter and I am with friends, I always slow the speed down to match the pace of whoever is walking next to me.
As Bbw's and SSBBW's we sometimes need accomodations made for us, but it is also polite to make accomodations for our Partners/friends who are accompanying us.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:00 AM   #128
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

While visiting a friend stationed in Brunswick ME several years ago. (they still had a NAS then) We were visiting a local grocery store when I was "bumped" by a ssbbw on her scooter. She was horrified, and apologized saying she was having some issues with the brakes . . There was no harm done, but later on she actually got me again. . My friend's wife said she was "hitting on me", or literally hitting me as it were, and I should acknowledge it. . Over the course of my stay in ME I did get the opportunity to spend some time with her. . It wasn't destined to be, but hey! You just never know what life is going to send your way!!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #129
chiribita

chiribita has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStacie View Post
I will go on record to say that Germany is very behind in being "behindertongerecht", handicapped accessible, and it has to do with the lack of laws requiring them to BE this way. The US has the Disabilities Act, Germany has no such requirements, so they don't HAVE to have an elevator in all office buildings(most do), or ramps, handrails, etc.

This is just my opinion and experience living here...and it might be different in other areas, too.
Iīm sorry to pull this old post up but I wanna say something about what you mentioned in your post.
Youīre right on one hand. Not all of our buildings have elevators, ramps etc.
Mostly those are old buildings and under monument protection. So the owners arenīt allowed to change anything on the inner/outside. Depends, whatīs worth to protect.
But we do have a law to protect and "help" disabled people. Itīs also mentioned in our constitution (if you are interested, Art.3, paragraph 3, 2nd sentence Grundgesetz).
About the law, itīs called BGG (Gesetz zur Gleichstellung behinderter Menschen).
And in every federal state youīve a "Behindertenbeauftragter".
If you wanna know more, just leave me a message.

About the scooters. I know a mall where you can rent some, some parks over wheelchairs but itīs true. You donīt see them often here (at least not in the area where Iīm living) and if, then most of the time you see older people riding them.

Just my 2cents. Sorry again for pulling this old stuff up, but I felt the need to add some points, give more informations about the situation here in Germany.
chiribita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #130
RoseyGirl2010

RoseyGirl2010 can now change their title

Well done to the beautiful ladies rocking the scooter pictures, i'm jealous lol. In New Zealand you hardly see big men or women riding scooters only the elderly. I wish our supermarkets and malls had them because i'd totally jump on it and try to mow down my siblings who like to walk ahead of me lol.

I don't feel pity or judge those that have to use a scooter. Why should I, They're not in pain and they're comfortable and doing whatever they want and in style. Making a judgement about them using a scooter is wrong because you don't get to see them off the scooter. You don't get to see them carry their shopping into the house, pack it away and maybe start on dinner. If they hadn't used the scooter they would be so tired and sore and not have had that extra energy to do what they needed to do at home.

You can't put yourself in a big persons shoes and feel pity because we've been big most of our lives, this is our reality which we've gotten use to and catered to, mostly. If you got into a car accident and you lost the use of your legs of course you would feel sorry for yourself and maybe you'd be depressed but would you still be that way ten years later? Of would you have gotten over it and adjusted to your new reality? Started making a new life for yourself?

I hope more people post their scooterific pictures up and to those that are too embarrassed to use one because of what people are going to think well darlings you're a bbw/ssbbw, they're going to stare and judge you anyway as you walk past so why not just smile and wave from a scooter? lol. Seriously when are you going to see them again? lol.

PS to the person that started this thread, you sure do have beautiful eyes lol.
RoseyGirl2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #131
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just got my new scooter! Woo! Seven thousand dollars worth of Israeli technology. I call it Bibi, after Binyamin Netanyahu

I will post a pic of me riding it when I can get someone to take one.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #132
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveller View Post
While visiting a friend stationed in Brunswick ME several years ago. (they still had a NAS then) We were visiting a local grocery store when I was "bumped" by a ssbbw on her scooter. She was horrified, and apologized saying she was having some issues with the brakes . . There was no harm done, but later on she actually got me again. . My friend's wife said she was "hitting on me", or literally hitting me as it were, and I should acknowledge it. . Over the course of my stay in ME I did get the opportunity to spend some time with her. . It wasn't destined to be, but hey! You just never know what life is going to send your way!!
I have been using scooters and power chairs for years - both mine and ones provided at stores in my area. None of the devices have had brakes - I just stop giving the device forward power to make it stop. A few times I have actually had to grab someone or physically push them aside to keep from hitting them tho - often this is a child running thru the store.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #133
Shosh
Susannah

My scooter is from Israel, so I have named it Bibi
The rest of the pics are in my Shoshie Stacks it on thread. I am too lazy to post them all here.
Scoot 1.jpg
Old 06-29-2012, 11:27 PM   #134
Shosh
Susannah

Scoot 2.jpg

I love my new scooter.