Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 03-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #51
JMNYC

JMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos View Post
Dude, I've written more posts on this site high than not. Not that anyone can tell.
I can tell. "LOLL"
JMNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #52
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
no no NO!

By showcasing the different possible sizes and shapes of bbw's, someone can come out with what they are physically attracted to, male and female alike.

If someone wants a "who's got the best personality" thread, then start one up. Otherwise this is about physical attraction *plays the song* and what people are attracted to. Not about being cows, its about people coming out with what they like physically.

Should I be offended if there was a thread about "rare shapes of bhms" and I don't fit the description of anyone's desires? No....and neither should anyone on this thread either.
I just like to point out that...i like the rare ssbhm pear shape...or did i mention that before...
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #53
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
i like really tall pears who look like a huge dong and their ass is the testicles

Best.post.in.the.thread

I prefer the odd shape of a man with big shoulders, muscular arms and a huge dong.
Oh and if he has hot legs, then I'm all for it that, too.

I also like the shape of his mouth to be closed and not telling me my ass is too big or not big enough.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #54
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Best.post.in.the.thread

I prefer the odd shape of a man with big shoulders, muscular arms and a huge dong.

I also like the shape of his mouth to be closed and not telling me my ass is too big or not big enough.

*voice muffled* mmprhsphassisnotbigenoughllmmpophs!!!!

:-P
Old 03-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #55
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post

:-P
Men only talk like that when I squish them.....*runs and body slams him*

You better be nice....I'm bigger than you

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #56
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Best.post.in.the.thread

GEF: I'm sure your assets are fine and I never knew that you were a Bodybuilding Fan. You are just full of surprizes aren't you.....
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #57
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
GEF: I'm sure your assets are fine and I never knew that you were a Bodybuilding Fan. You are just full of surprizes aren't you.....

Lol, I kind of like your shape too, Tony.....

My what big..... arms you have

Old 03-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #58
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Re: Rare shapes of BBW/SSBBW

Quote:
I might be a little slow mentally but, why would a man date a BBW and complain about your hip size? To me it doesn't make good sense!
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #59
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I don't even.....I can't even....I have no idea what to...there are no...Not sure how I feel about the question. Should I be , , , or ?
I'd say that's an appropriate response.
The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. The test of a first rate wallpaper is to wipe clean easily when the previous fails.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM   #60
ecortez766

ecortez766 can now change their title
Talking

Quote:
Men only talk like that when I squish them.....*runs and body slams him*

You better be nice....I'm bigger than you
I wish you were closer to so.cal. I would like to have you do that to me so I could talk like that.
ecortez766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #61
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecortez766 View Post

I wish you were closer to so.cal. I would like to have you do that to me so I could talk like that.
I'm a stubborn wench....you're going to have to come to the East Coast to get your world rocked, bay-bee

Old 04-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #62
Miss Jayde

Miss Jayde can now change their title
Default Well

Before actively attempting to gain I was sort of an androginous shape...meaning I was straight up and down with no curves whatsoever. Now though, since i've gained 35 pounds I can see I have become (or am becoming) a boring old pear shape. Sigh. I'm undecided whether that is a good or bad shape (for me)...yet.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #63
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi Olwen

Even in this thread someone stated something like that bottom heavy Fat Men having a Feminine shape. Do you think that Fat Acceptance/admiration is being honest by never referring some Fat Women as having a Masculine shape?

There are lots of Women of all sizes with a less Feminine shape. Is Fat Acceptance helping the Fat ones by forcing them into one of a few female body combinations (pear, big belly or big breasts)?

William

Quote:
Hmmmm. I think it was the use of the word "rare" that made it confusing. After the above post I thought "OOOOOhhhhh, okay. Cool."

I'm not pear shaped nor do I have small boobs, but I don't think I'm an odd shape and I wouldn't think the way any other woman is shaped to be odd. We are just shaped the way we are shaped. I'm not saying you do this, but I could see how a guy who's only reference point for/exposure to fat girls are paysite models would think the average fat girl is shaped that way, or does the things paysite models do, but that just isn't the case. I get the sense sometimes that's the standard by which some men judge fat women. Seems odd to me that some would do that. Among my other close fat friends I'm the only one who doesn't have a flat ass, and I wondered about that for years, then I one day I realized that the shape of my ass is probably typical of black girls anyway, so it was just a cultural thing....I'm rambling now I think.

Point is I don't think there are "rare" shapes for men and women, just coveted ones. Not much you can do about that short of plastic surgery if you aren't that coveted shape, so no sense agonizing over it. It is nice to hear that all shapes are desired tho.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #64
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi Olwen

As for the acceptance part we are still working on the male side in Fat Acceptance.

William

Quote:

..........An affirmation that all sizes and shapes are acceptable is not the same as pointing out a shape and judging a shape..........
Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #65
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Hi Olwen

Even in this thread someone stated something like that bottom heavy Fat Men having a Feminine shape. Do you think that Fat Acceptance/admiration is being honest by never referring some Fat Women as having a Masculine shape?

There are lots of Women of all sizes with a less Feminine shape. Is Fat Acceptance helping the Fat ones by forcing them into one of a few female body combinations (pear, big belly or big breasts)?

William
I think that the way women's bodies are judged has nothing to do the fat acceptance movement. Seriously. This exists outside of the movement, where thin women are expected to be shaped like barbie dolls - hourglass. Is the world being fair to women by reinforcing those stereotypes in all possible ways? Of course not. At least with fat admirers there is more than one coveted shape. With thin women, it's hourglass or nothing.

It does bother me that I don't have a coveted shape, but not enough to drive me crazy. I don't dwell on something I can't control, so no point being stuck on it. I don't feel like anyone is forcing me into a body combination. If none of them applied to me, I'd just make up one to fit me!
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #66
William
On Timeout

Hi Olwen

So you are saying that Fat Acceptance should follow Society's lead and differentiate between Fat Women's bodies and establish some sort of pecking order? I thought Fat Acceptance was about breaking away from Societal Views on attractiveness? In reality all Society sees is the fat before they see the shape of a person.

Again I ask what about the Fat Men and Women who's bodies are not covered or supported by the Fat Acceptance standards that were created with a lot of input from male Fat Admirers of the time? During the period when Fat Acceptance and Fat Admiration where much more intertwined a lot of Fat Acceptance ideology was created or added to.

William

Quote:
I think that the way women's bodies are judged has nothing to do the fat acceptance movement. Seriously. This exists outside of the movement, where thin women are expected to be shaped like barbie dolls - hourglass. Is the world being fair to women by reinforcing those stereotypes in all possible ways? Of course not. At least with fat admirers there is more than one coveted shape. With thin women, it's hourglass or nothing.

It does bother me that I don't have a coveted shape, but not enough to drive me crazy. I don't dwell on something I can't control, so no point being stuck on it. I don't feel like anyone is forcing me into a body combination. If none of them applied to me, I'd just make up one to fit me!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:26 PM   #67
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Oh how I laugh.........

Old 04-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #68
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Hi Olwen

So you are saying that Fat Acceptance should follow Society's lead and differentiate between Fat Women's bodies and establish some sort of pecking order? I thought Fat Acceptance was about breaking away from Societal Views on attractiveness? In reality all Society sees is the fat before they see the shape of a person.

Again I ask what about the Fat Men and Women who's bodies are not covered or supported by the Fat Acceptance standards that were created with a lot of input from male Fat Admirers of the time? During the period when Fat Acceptance and Fat Admiration where much more intertwined a lot of Fat Acceptance ideology was created or added to.

William
William, everyone who is involved in the fat acceptance movement takes away something different from it....The fat acceptance movement is irrelevant because there is no fat acceptance authority. NAAFA is not the end all be all of the movement anymore than NOW is the end all be all of the feminist movement....What I take from it is that my body has a place in society and that place is whatever the hell I want it to be because that is my fundamental right, as it is anyone's.

I'm not saying there should be an attractiveness pecking order. If there is one I just ignore it since it has no real bearing on how I live my life. I don't try to mold my body into some ridiculous ideal. I love it as is. I do believe the spirit of this thread speaks to that. Every shape is desirable because everyone has different desires. What I'm ultimately saying when I made the comparison between thin women's bodies and fat women's bodies is that there is a certain amount of freedom in that fat in and of itself allows for a variation of shapes that thinness doesn't really. If there is an ideal, I don't care about it. If other people care about it, then that's their worry. If they are looking to the SA movement to define themselves, then I'd say they need to look deeper.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #69
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
William, everyone who is involved in the fat acceptance movement takes away something different from it....The fat acceptance movement is irrelevant because there is no fat acceptance authority. NAAFA is not the end all be all of the movement anymore than NOW is the end all be all of the feminist movement....What I take from it is that my body has a place in society and that place is whatever the hell I want it to be because that is my fundamental right, as it is anyone's.

I'm not saying there should be an attractiveness pecking order. If there is one I just ignore it since it has no real bearing on how I live my life. I don't try to mold my body into some ridiculous ideal. I love it as is. I do believe the spirit of this thread speaks to that. Every shape is desirable because everyone has different desires. What I'm ultimately saying when I made the comparison between thin women's bodies and fat women's bodies is that there is a certain amount of freedom in that fat in and of itself allows for a variation of shapes that thinness doesn't really. If there is an ideal, I don't care about it. If other people care about it, then that's their worry. If they are looking to the SA movement to define themselves, then I'd say they need to look deeper.

Well said olwen. This was not about defining but acceptance outside of popular standards. Ive met too many fat women who find themselves hating themselves even here because they dont feel that they fit the standards of fat beauty but are by far outside the norm for skinny. These are the women and men that are caught in the middle and fall through the cracks when they should be just as celebrated as beautiful as anyone else.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #70
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Oh how I laugh.........

Holy shit!!!!! this is a first - just one sentence - no wonderful witty comments - just one sentence. I was hoping for more ... I'm going to protest and fire your staff "GEF" they let us all down- unless this is not the "real" GEF that posted this;but, an imposter

Quote:

I agree one would need to look deeper- but, here's a thought... it takes a real strong sense of self to deal with the "pecking" "preference" order even within the Size Acceptance community. I agree in the end - then the person has to find their own peace. hell when I was younger I would have loved to have been 6'7" (that wasn't in the cards) or stretch rack.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:56 PM   #71
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:

I agree one would need to look deeper- but, here's a thought... it takes a real strong sense of self to deal with the "pecking" "preference" order even within the Size Acceptance community. I agree in the end - then the person has to find their own peace. hell when I was younger I would have loved to have been 6'7" (that wasn't in the cards) or stretch rack.
Exactly, because even if there was an authority that validated our bodies & our beauty by saying "Everyone is beautiful and acceptable," if a person has a hard time believing it there's not much any person or organization can do.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:50 AM   #72
William
On Timeout

Hi Olwen

I think that Fat Acceptance is what we make it and there can not be any sacred cows in Fat Acceptance ideology that can not be questioned or even ridiculed if merited.

On the Shapely Prose and another Blog in the last two years there were conversations so critical of NAAFA (I am proud to say that I contributed) that the organization had to come and address the critiques. If you noticed the 2008 NAAFA Conference was more like a social activist Conference than a big BBW Dance. If I have the spare cash I may even go to the conference in 2009. I am defiantly going to pay a visit to NYC NAAFA even if I am late for the meeting.

If we have a community that attacks any one that questions the status quo there would never be any growth in Fat Acceptance which is what the attackers want.

I have to get to work so I will cut it short, but to summarize Fat Acceptance should be a support for all Fat People and even now it is still too geared to the Male Fat Admiration input that was incorporated into Fat Acceptance through the years.

William

Quote:

Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #73
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:

Holy shit!!!!! this is a first - just one sentence - no wonderful witty comments - just one sentence. I was hoping for more ... I'm going to protest and fire your staff "GEF" they let us all down- unless this is not the "real" GEF that posted this;but, an imposter

Lol, I have William on ignore but can see Olwen going back and forth with him...especially when she quotes him.

I just get sick of the dumb shit sometimes and any cracks I have to make are not going to be nice...alas I keep it short and sweet

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 04-06-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM   #74
Teecher

Teecher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTeecher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Steatopygia? Is that how it's spelled?

Anyway, if you're talking about oddly shaped bbws, I think the few I've seen in the world with this condition are still VERY ATTRACTIVE.

Thank you.

Pears Rule.

Teecher
Teecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #75
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Lol, I have William on ignore but can see Olwen going back and forth with him...especially when she quotes him.

I just get sick of the dumb shit sometimes and any cracks I have to make are not going to be nice...alas I keep it short and sweet
I was worried about you - you were just giving a condensed version of your answers. That's ok

But in a nutshell I think I am trying to undertand one aspect of what William is saying....

You have the usual 'everyday' struggles for Size Acceptance. We all do at some level and then you discover the wonderful Size Acceptance (NAAFA, Dimensions) etc. and figure hey I've come upon an oasis... but, you soon discover that even in the World of Size Acceptance ... it has it's own 'Pecking Order'- it sucks ;but, that's life....Nothing is perfect I guess
You have to be happy with "you" And I guess in this journey if you are able to get a "dialogue" with folks that is a start.