Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #26
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,916
thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

I'm out to my close friends and a few other people but that's it. If I choose to tell my parents, it will be once I move out. Both of my parents are very accepting, but I'm still nervous about their reaction, so I think it'd be easier once I'm living on my own, which should happen around August-ish this year. Other than my family, I'm not really "hiding" it from anyone else, I just haven't had reason to tell anyone except the 15-20 friends that know.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:17 AM   #27
pancake_lovebeam
Spastastic
 
pancake_lovebeam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North Alabama, USA
Posts: 7
pancake_lovebeam can now change their title
Default

I'm out to my Mother's side of the family, my friends and the folks in my local PFLAG group. I wear subtle rainbow stuff as I'm in a small southern town and it's an easy way for us to identify eachother. I've met most of my girlfriends simply through a "so I noticed your bracelet/pin/necklace..." kinda situation.
pancake_lovebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #28
strangeangel
Lady Strange
 
strangeangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Harry's Hell (Singapore)
Posts: 123
strangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesstrangeangel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Was outed as bisexual when I was 18, by my school principal. Mum was away in London for work, and Dad, well - he was scared shitless and didn't know how to deal with it.

Parents went back into denial for another 6 years, when I came out AGAIN (this time, of my own accord) as a lesbian. This was a year after I started my first serious relationship with a woman.

Then they went back into denial again.

Currently almost everyone I know - workmates, friends, and some family members - know me as a lesbian.

But it's only really really close friends who know I don't restrict myself to ONLY women.
__________________
"All truths go through 3 stages; it is ridiculed, it is violently opposed, and finally it is accepted as self-evident.":bow:
strangeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #29
Tracii
 
Tracii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Commonwealth of Ky
Posts: 3,230
Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

I have been out since High School and everybody I am close with knows of my bi-ness.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #30
kamandi
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 37
kamandi has said some nice things
Default

To prove that you don't know what reaction you get until you ask,

I didn't know I wasn't in.

Not a naturally-stright-acting thing, but more of a playful "I always knew there was something about you..."
kamandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #31
chubby_tgirl
 
chubby_tgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: southern California
Posts: 7
chubby_tgirl has said some nice things
Default open

I am very open about being trans and have no problems with being open. If others have a problem with it, that is on them not me. As for openess about my sexuality goes, I am BI but not openly outside of the internet. Outside the internet no one knows. Although my GF suspects.
chubby_tgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #32
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'
 
fatgirl33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 891
fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club
Default

My partner Samantha have lived together for quite some time and have an almost-4 year old daughter together, so I'd say we're fairly out.

I never did come out to my father before he passed away, and that kind of bugs me still. It wasn't long after he died that I came out to my mom & sister.

Brenda
fatgirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:36 AM   #33
Huwawa
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5
Huwawa has said some nice things
Default

I've come out to a few friends about being trans (mtf), and a few about being bi.
Huwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #34
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ
 
Tooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: shoppin' fuh food
Posts: 5,086
Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

I never really felt the need to be "out." This is not to say I am "closeted," more that I've only ever gotten serious with men, and thus what is the point? It's also complex for me as I refuse to identify with any one sexual identifier tag-- which I think I spoke about before. If someone asks me, I have no problem answering, but my answer is usually frustrating because it's not simple.
__________________
let's call a spade a spade: it's porn
Tooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #35
BeautifulPoeticDisaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,013
BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

I'm just a sexual being who has the ability to be attracted to any gender. I'm not "out" because I am married in a hetro relationship. However, when I was 19 I did take the time to come out to my mom, aunt, cousin and sister that I was bisexual. Other than my other aunt asking if I was "sure" lol, I never heard anything else about it.

I am still attracted to females, but I am monogamous in my marriage so it makes no difference who makes me smile.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #36
Amatrix
Winkyface
 
Amatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the eyes of angels and tragedies
Posts: 895
Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

i kissed my then girlfriend at a family function... not like full on tongue action, but told her i loved her.
i was 16, and it was a bbq for summer.
my mom asked me, and i told her - "why do you think she spends the night so often?"
she got the idea. then the rest of my family knew when i was 17-18 ish and living in NY, because i was in a gay pride parade, wearing a shirt that said "part time lesbian," kissing girls on myspace and facebook.
my aunt is a lesbian, and her wife is very good to her. they are super cool people.they came out when i was 14, and it was a huge deal- so they broke the ice for me...
__________________
Sugar and Spite.
Amatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #37
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn
 
goofy girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Providence
Posts: 4,216
goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Ok, first of all, every time I see the title of this thread I sing in my head "you put your right foot in, you take your right foot out...." haha


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooz View Post
I never really felt the need to be "out." This is not to say I am "closeted," more that I've only ever gotten serious with men, and thus what is the point? It's also complex for me as I refuse to identify with any one sexual identifier tag-- which I think I spoke about before. If someone asks me, I have no problem answering, but my answer is usually frustrating because it's not simple.
^^^ me, too. I'm an Equal Opportunity Lover, and have always been attracted to the person and not whatever junk they have. And I'm also in a monogamous heterosexual marriage so the question is rarely asked anyway.
__________________
Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. - Confucius
goofy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #38
Cors
Delurking
 
Cors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,762
Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Tooz, BBSSBBW and Goofy, how do you ladies feel when people assume that you are straight? Do you feel obliged to correct them?

I am asking because I hate it when people assume I am heterosexual, but some of that anger is from my younger days when I dated women exclusively but didn't get taken seriously (particularly by straight men and other lesbians) because I "look too feminine".

I am in a relationship with a male now, so I don't get as irritated when people assume. It still bothers me, but there is no easy way to explain my sexuality (attracted to anyone who isn't a cisgendered hetero male) and my relationship (open, no sexual relations with my partner) so I usually just let it go. I have grown out of thinking that it is my responsibility to educate ignorant people about gender, sexuality and relationship models at every opportunity, and it is such a relief.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #39
BeautifulPoeticDisaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,013
BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Tooz, BBSSBBW and Goofy, how do you ladies feel when people assume that you are straight? Do you feel obliged to correct them?

I am asking because I hate it when people assume I am heterosexual, but some of that anger is from my younger days when I dated women exclusively but didn't get taken seriously (particularly by straight men and other lesbians) because I "look too feminine".

I am in a relationship with a male now, so I don't get as irritated when people assume. It still bothers me, but there is no easy way to explain my sexuality (attracted to anyone who isn't a cisgendered hetero male) and my relationship (open, no sexual relations with my partner) so I usually just let it go. I have grown out of thinking that it is my responsibility to educate ignorant people about gender, sexuality and relationship models at every opportunity, and it is such a relief.
I can only assume people assume I'm straight when I walk hand in hand with mike everywhere, lol. It doesn't bother me really. Now when the subject comes up with people I know, I politely tell them I don't believe in labels and I like to quote Ani "sometimes the line I walk in straight and sometimes I deviate"

What I have heard though since I was about 14 "you can't be bi." "you are straight, aren't you?" "you know you're not gay" etc. I find the GLBTQ community is a lot more judgemental of my sexuality than "breeders".

I'm not bothered by what people assume about me. The fact is, for all intents and purposes I am in a hetro relationship and probably will be for life....so even though I am attracted to females and identify as bi....I am in a straight lifestyle.

It's confusing. LOL. I hate boxes. I am what I am and I like who I like!!!!
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #40
Tad
mostly harmless
 
Tad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,428
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Heh, like a lot of things, should any label stuck on you be based on what you thing/feel/dream, or on what (who?) you actually do?

Based on the former, if you stick with your first partner then you are 100% gay or straight, and I've only been with my wife.....

What I have going on internally is a lot more complicated than that, but I've never really felt a need to discuss that (and back before getting together with my wife I generally avoided the whole topic as I hadn't figured most of it out yet). So I let that assumed totally straight label stand.
__________________
Criticism is so often nothing more than the eye garrulously denouncing the shape of the peephole that gives access to hidden treasure.
-Djuna Barnes, writer and artist
Tad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #41
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn
 
goofy girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Providence
Posts: 4,216
goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Tooz, BBSSBBW and Goofy, how do you ladies feel when people assume that you are straight? Do you feel obliged to correct them?

I am asking because I hate it when people assume I am heterosexual, but some of that anger is from my younger days when I dated women exclusively but didn't get taken seriously (particularly by straight men and other lesbians) because I "look too feminine".

I am in a relationship with a male now, so I don't get as irritated when people assume. It still bothers me, but there is no easy way to explain my sexuality (attracted to anyone who isn't a cisgendered hetero male) and my relationship (open, no sexual relations with my partner) so I usually just let it go. I have grown out of thinking that it is my responsibility to educate ignorant people about gender, sexuality and relationship models at every opportunity, and it is such a relief.
I'm not sure that everyone does assume that (you know, because all fat girls are lesbians) but when/if they do it really doesn't bother me, especially since I've never been in a long term relationship with a woman or really given anyone a reason to believe otherwise.

I sort of feel like people assume that others are similar to them. Like, when I was single I always just figured everyone I met was single and childless and now that I have been married for a while (and used to using the terms husband and wife--even though it still creeps me out to say it) I assume that everyone I meet is married until I got to know them and knew their story And if someone is telling me about someone I have never met I assume they are Caucasian. Is that making any sense?
__________________
Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. - Confucius
goofy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:13 AM   #42
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I'm not sure that everyone does assume that (you know, because all fat girls are lesbians) but when/if they do it really doesn't bother me, especially since I've never been in a long term relationship with a woman or really given anyone a reason to believe otherwise.

I sort of feel like people assume that others are similar to them. Like, when I was single I always just figured everyone I met was single and childless and now that I have been married for a while (and used to using the terms husband and wife--even though it still creeps me out to say it) I assume that everyone I meet is married until I got to know them and knew their story And if someone is telling me about someone I have never met I assume they are Caucasian. Is that making any sense?
Yes, this makes sense. We tend to build schemas around what we ourselves are experiencing-It would take up too much brain energy to not make assumptions. I think most of us generally decide that everyone acts and thinks like us until we meet them and can add their particular idiosyncrasies and life stories into our schema of them. Though for some reason, until i saw pics of them i though both Butch and Fascinita were black and i have no idea why..!?
Hmm..i tend to assume everyone is bisexual because most people i have ever met once they are drunk will admit they are even a wee bit bi. I have only ever met a handful of totally hetro or totally homo people. I don't think there is much room at the extreme ends of the gender sexuality spectrum somehow.
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:25 AM   #43
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Heh, like a lot of things, should any label stuck on you be based on what you thing/feel/dream, or on what (who?) you actually do?

Based on the former, if you stick with your first partner then you are 100% gay or straight, and I've only been with my wife.....

What I have going on internally is a lot more complicated than that, but I've never really felt a need to discuss that (and back before getting together with my wife I generally avoided the whole topic as I hadn't figured most of it out yet). So I let that assumed totally straight label stand.
I think our internal sexuality just cannot be mapped in any sense of community. By this i mean that the intricacies and subjective nature of our sexuality build up is as unique as a snowflake and so we have to fit into catagories as best we can externally, while somehow processing the internal aspects of our sexual selves, which may not even make sense in a real life setting.
Like you say Tad, that externally you could be deemed as hetrosexual-Your first partner was a woman -This external truth is what makes up your external sexuality and of course a part of the internal too. You could however have an aspect of you internally that may think the male form is attravtive in some settings, Males may play out a specific part of certain fantasies etc etc.. This might not actually be something you find sexual in reality but is part of your internal sexual self. There have been times where thin males may appear in my fantasy in some context but it does not mean i would want them to be a part of my lived out sexuality. I dont think its just about boundaries i think that sometimes certain aspects of our sexuality can only truly be comfortable or fit in when they have the space not to be lived out... if that makes any sense.
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #44
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat
 
butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: among the bamboo thickets
Posts: 2,329
butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Yes, this makes sense. We tend to build schemas around what we ourselves are experiencing-It would take up too much brain energy to not make assumptions. I think most of us generally decide that everyone acts and thinks like us until we meet them and can add their particular idiosyncrasies and life stories into our schema of them. Though for some reason, until i saw pics of them i though both Butch and Fascinita were black and i have no idea why..!?
Hmm..i tend to assume everyone is bisexual because most people i have ever met once they are drunk will admit they are even a wee bit bi. I have only ever met a handful of totally hetro or totally homo people. I don't think there is much room at the extreme ends of the gender sexuality spectrum somehow.
To quote a line I know you'll love (and that you've heard me quote before), "My skin may be white, but my soul is black."
__________________
Have you seen my nip on the internet?
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:24 AM   #45
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
To quote a line I know you'll love (and that you've heard me quote before), "My skin may be white, but my soul is black."
lmao. Yes, perhaps that is why..If i saw even some of your soul then i am glad .... and yes i think perhaps john waters 'hairspray' is one of my favorite films ever. "Turn that racket down..Can't you see i'm trying to iron in here!!" JW is one of the most funny and observant people ever and i love his work! Have been looking at his contribution to the art world too recently and have a couple of his books.. pretty fabulous really.
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:45 AM   #46
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat
 
butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: among the bamboo thickets
Posts: 2,329
butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
lmao. Yes, perhaps that is why..If i saw even some of your soul then i am glad .... and yes i think perhaps john waters 'hairspray' is one of my favorite films ever. "Turn that racket down..Can't you see i'm trying to iron in here!!" JW is one of the most funny and observant people ever and i love his work! Have been looking at his contribution to the art world too recently and have a couple of his books.. pretty fabulous really.
John Waters is one of my idols, and only wish Divine was still with us.

I love the way Divine gives 'iron' a great Bawlmer accent when he says that line, its like he pronounces it 'orn.'
__________________
Have you seen my nip on the internet?
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #47
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...
 
OneWickedAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Noo Yawk - Noo Yawk
Posts: 4,966
OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I had a lot of posts multi-quoted but it all comes down to these two:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Tooz, BBSSBBW and Goofy, how do you ladies feel when people assume that you are straight? Do you feel obliged to correct them?

I am asking because I hate it when people assume I am heterosexual, but some of that anger is from my younger days when I dated women exclusively but didn't get taken seriously (particularly by straight men and other lesbians) because I "look too feminine".

I am in a relationship with a male now, so I don't get as irritated when people assume. It still bothers me, but there is no easy way to explain my sexuality (attracted to anyone who isn't a cisgendered hetero male) and my relationship (open, no sexual relations with my partner) so I usually just let it go. I have grown out of thinking that it is my responsibility to educate ignorant people about gender, sexuality and relationship models at every opportunity, and it is such a relief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I'm not sure that everyone does assume that (you know, because all fat girls are lesbians) but when/if they do it really doesn't bother me, especially since I've never been in a long term relationship with a woman or really given anyone a reason to believe otherwise.

...snip...
I was not out as bi-when I was a teen. When I fell in love with my late husband there was no reason to discuss it. Now that I am dating again, I am out. I don't shout it from the rooftops now, but I don't hide it either. You ask, I tell. You don't ask you'll find it out soon enough from hanging around me.
__________________
Quote:
"Yes, I am fat. Yes, I am curvy. And yes, I am beautiful. I am all of those things."
- Dot Golberg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #48
mergirl
 
mergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,927
mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
John Waters is one of my idols, and only wish Divine was still with us.

I love the way Divine gives 'iron' a great Bawlmer accent when he says that line, its like he pronounces it 'orn.'
Oh me too! I love that Bawwltimoor twang!! Love it!! I have a signed scratch and sniff card from when the Movie 'polyester' was showing at cinemas-Signed by john waters and i have a photograph of Divine in his leopard print dress and acid burned face from 'Female trouble' signed by him. I am not much for celebrity and am not the kind of person who would collect autographs.. but i love my wee Divine and john waters collection.
__________________
We must learn that to passively accept an unjust system is to cooperate with that system, thereby to become a participant in its evil. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #49
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims
 
Weeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: wouldn't YOU like to know..
Posts: 2,046
Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

I came out to my psych prof today.

Well, there's a story, haha. I didn't just walk up to the woman and say, Hi! I'm gay!
no.
We were talking about mental health disorders and she was reading examples of people out loud to the class and you had to decide as a group whether or not you thought there was something wrong with the person (the point of the exercise was actually to prove that it's difficult to diagnose people)... So she reads this example, and she says "Jim is gay, he... blah blahb lah" (Jim is otherwise normal) and the prof. says "Does Jim have a disorder?" and this girl kinda cocks her head and says "Well, he's gay" and the teacher looks at her funny and says "Ah, yes, but homosexuality is no longer considered a mental illness" and the girl says "Why not?"


.......


The prof paused, looked at her and said "Because it's not" and this girl has the audacity to mumble under her breath "well it's gross" and the teacher stopped again and said, "Well, your opinion doesn't make something classified as a disorder" and moved on.
I smiled.

Afterward, I went up to the prof, after everyone else was out of the room and asked her a question about the research paper, and then afterward, I thanked her for reacting how she did to the girl. I told her that I was queer, but no one at school knew, because I know (my town) and that it's never been acceptable, and I didn't want to deal with it for the short time i'm spending at MCCC. She said she understood completely, and here I find out she's the advisor for MCCC's GSA. Who'dathunk? So, I'm going on wednesday to check it out, because she says they're always looking for people. What an interesting day.
__________________
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Weeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #50
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ
 
Tooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: shoppin' fuh food
Posts: 5,086
Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Tooz, BBSSBBW and Goofy, how do you ladies feel when people assume that you are straight? Do you feel obliged to correct them?
Honestly? No, not really. I only ever feel the need to correct if I sense some form of malice in the assumption-- i.e. malice against anyone/all things queer. If people want to assume I am straight, I don't care. This may come from the fact that people have been assuming things about me my whole life. Also, to explain my "sexual orientation" to people (or lack thereof) is exhausting because people cannot seem to wrap their heads around the fact that I choose not to identify with any of the terms related to said sexual orientation.
__________________
let's call a spade a spade: it's porn
Tooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.