Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 05-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #601
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Last night while chillin' with my boys, and hearing "No homo" every time they so much as looked at each other, when I was on the phone with Gayle, and told her I was coming over, when I hung up the room was dead silent and I said "Yes, Homo"
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #602
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

That's a pretty awesome reply

I truly hate when people constantly say "no homo" like it would be bad to think someone of the same sex is a decent person or good looking. Luckily most of the people I know don't ever say that, and instead make comments that they're so close they could be considered a couple. New people in the group often wonder, even, haha.

The whole "no homo" craze must die out.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:58 AM   #603
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Haha, how did they respond to that?

I haven't been all that social or well lately but I am grateful for people who keep my mental faculties sharp. I also discovered that being challenged and stimulated on so many levels creates such thick delicious sexual tension despite the obvious physical incompatibility. I have felt that way with less than five people in my life and sadly none of them are queer women or at least, types I am physically attracted to. I don't actually have an issue dating someone for that connection alone even if there isn't going to be intercourse or BDSM play but I do wonder how much more amazing it would be if said person happened to be my thing 100%!

For now I am just enjoying my daydreams of verbal sparring and being crushed and kissed, even though making out is hardly ever my thing!

Last edited by Cors; 05-18-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #604
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
Last night while chillin' with my boys, and hearing "No homo" every time they so much as looked at each other, when I was on the phone with Gayle, and told her I was coming over, when I hung up the room was dead silent and I said "Yes, Homo"
First off, I would've started laughing had that happened within my earshot. The awkwardness it would create with the broheim crew would be priceless!

I hate when people do things like "no homo". The only good thing is that it is a good social cue to recognize their idiocy and move on quick! The phrase "no homo" is loaded, like many others such as "that's gay" or "tranny". They don't want to have their perception of being heteromasculine tainted by being associated with "one o' them queers." That screams insecurity...
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #605
guam_girl

guam_girl can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
I like makeup, A LOT. I don't give two craps about whether or not someone else likes it, no matter what they are. It's fun and makes me feel better about things I am insecure about. I don't see the downside.

I am into femme girls and am one. I personally don't care if that boxes me in; someone else can always fit into that box with me .

As an unrelated aside, I hate the term "straight-acting" to imply that because you don't oppose some stereotypically traditional practices/ideals of the straight-male-dominated world you are suddenly less valid as a LGBTQ person. To be opposed for the sake of being so is allowing the hierarchy of the world you oppose to continue to dictate behavioral policies to you. Truly rebelling is doing what you want regardless of what others think and/or respect, not doing it to purposely oppose others.
This so much :/ It's super hard for me to find women because I'm pretty well known for working in adult entertainment where I am, and after hair makeup and heels, most women treat me like I'm the enemy...It's really alienating.

I would love to live in a world in which my choice to wear a pencil skirt and fuck me heels was a choice, not a construct some women felt oppressed by, but I cant stop being myself in the hopes of finding a lady to love.
guam_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #606
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post

I haven't been all that social or well lately but I am grateful for people who keep my mental faculties sharp. I also discovered that being challenged and stimulated on so many levels creates such thick delicious sexual tension despite the obvious physical incompatibility. I have felt that way with less than five people in my life and sadly none of them are queer women or at least, types I am physically attracted to. I don't actually have an issue dating someone for that connection alone even if there isn't going to be intercourse or BDSM play but I do wonder how much more amazing it would be if said person happened to be my thing 100%!

For now I am just enjoying my daydreams of verbal sparring and being crushed and kissed, even though making out is hardly ever my thing!
I like people who keep me sharp too. Sex, at least when it is enjoyable for me, is infrequent at best(we have biannual meetings at work more often [HINT]); an awesome personality and attitude are important for that non-sex-having time. Basically, if they aren't giving me a brain-on, it ain't gonna work. If all a person could connect to me is on a sexual level, all they really are is a f***buddy. I don't need or want one of those.

I'm an admitted cuddlejunkie, and I need that emotional and mental connection to be held and enjoy it. I hate cliches, but I feel safe, relaxed and truly happy when I am cuddling with someone I truly care about. It's a short term release of worry that is more important and enjoyable to me than sex.

I truly wonder, like you, what it would be like to hit both the emotional and physical lottery jackpot.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #607
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I hate when people do things like "no homo". The only good thing is that it is a good social cue to recognize their idiocy and move on quick! The phrase "no homo" is loaded, like many others such as "that's gay" or "tranny". They don't want to have their perception of being heteromasculine tainted by being associated with "one o' them queers." That screams insecurity...
It is, though! I just mention the 1996 University of Georgia study and that shuts most of them up.

Quote:
I like people who keep me sharp too. Sex, at least when it is enjoyable for me, is infrequent at best(we have biannual meetings at work more often [HINT]); an awesome personality and attitude are important for that non-sex-having time. Basically, if they aren't giving me a brain-on, it ain't gonna work. If all a person could connect to me is on a sexual level, all they really are is a f***buddy. I don't need or want one of those.

I'm an admitted cuddlejunkie, and I need that emotional and mental connection to be held and enjoy it. I hate cliches, but I feel safe, relaxed and truly happy when I am cuddling with someone I truly care about. It's a short term release of worry that is more important and enjoyable to me than sex.

I truly wonder, like you, what it would be like to hit both the emotional and physical lottery jackpot.
Hehe, brain-on. Suffering from a serious case of blue balls here!

There are leads I would have pursued at a different stage of my life but alas, too many issues in the way and I do hate how the ones who do make your heart skip a beat and the ladybits twitch tend to live so annoyingly far away!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #608
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
It is, though! I just mention the 1996 University of Georgia study and that shuts most of them up.

Hehe, brain-on. Suffering from a serious case of blue balls here!

There are leads I would have pursued at a different stage of my life but alas, too many issues in the way and I do hate how the ones who do make your heart skip a beat and the ladybits twitch tend to live so annoyingly far away!
You're telling me.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #609
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
That's a pretty awesome reply

The whole "no homo" craze must die out.
I thought the phrase was adorable when I went to a gay bar a few years ago and the Queens would all toss it around, now(4,652 Lil Wayne songs later) it just annoys me spitless. The sooner it takes it's course, the better.

Quote:
Some of them gave me respeck knuckles, the other half just kinda sat their with their mouths gaping open.

Quote:
For now I am just enjoying my daydreams of verbal sparring and being crushed and kissed, even though making out is hardly ever my thing
I love to argue lately, and to be able to get in an actual argument, and sparring with an intelligent woman that you get to later do...stuff....with, is pretty much the best thing on the planet. I love being wrong now, 'cause it leads to a spanking....

Quote:
First off, I would've started laughing had that happened within my earshot. The awkwardness it would create with the broheim crew would be priceless!
I really wish I had a fellow queer close by, just to see those faces.

Quote:
The funny thing is, when I have brought my gay boys 'round to meet my other boys, the straight'uns are always blown away, because *gasp* they all(all the men's straight and gay in the group) dress the same, and it confuses their little hetero brains to think a gay man doesn't wear a rainbow flag on his hat, but a Fox like theirs, or how about a gay man wearing the same American Eagle hoodie? How will they be able to protect their maleness from the queers, if they don't dress different?
Old 05-21-2011, 02:09 AM   #610
Cors
Delurking

My heart is doing somersaults!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #611
sowhat
Contains no MSG

Quote:
My heart is doing somersaults!
Spill!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #612
Cors
Delurking

Quote:
Spill!
Well... let's just say I have my fingers in my ears and am living in the moment as much as possible! Not guarding my heart as much as I should, but I am a masochist like that. Plenty of time to learn and grow, still.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #613
Mishty
aluminum petunia

IC My girlfriend made me so proud when she got invited to an honors function for her company, and when asked if she would bring a friend or boyfriend she said she was bringing her girlfriend, and now the invitations have arrived, and it says my name in swirly letters beside hers and at the side it says "partners". Just made me smile like a goof when it came...dunno why.

Oh, and I get to dress up and act all mature for this fancy dinner, she's wearing trousers and jacket a la Ellen. I'm stoked.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #614
VVET

VVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
IC My girlfriend made me so proud when she got invited to an honors function for her company, and when asked if she would bring a friend or boyfriend she said she was bringing her girlfriend, and now the invitations have arrived, and it says my name in swirly letters beside hers and at the side it says "partners". Just made me smile like a goof when it came...dunno why.

Oh, and I get to dress up and act all mature for this fancy dinner, she's wearing trousers and jacket a la Ellen. I'm stoked.
LOL, VERY Nice
VVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #615
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC that finding a bathing suit is one of the most intimidating things I have ever done in my life.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #616
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rose View Post
IC that finding a bathing suit is one of the most intimidating things I have ever done in my life.
That's intimidating no matter if you're a natural born female or a TG.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:21 AM   #617
Cors
Delurking

I have finally found a muse of sorts!

I haven't written a proper narrative for 7 years now - my virgin attempt at a hopeful fictional first-encounter type of erotica with a fair bit of hurt and comfort thrown in. The 2500 words came to me pretty damn easily, if only because the person in question reminds me way too much of myself. I am terrible at editing my own work so I am a little miffed by the mistakes I overlooked when I hit the send button but at least I made someone's night!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #618
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

IC that I'm becoming addicted to wearing perfume.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #619
sowhat
Contains no MSG

I have been feeling really alone lately and it's been bothering me more than usual. The weird thing is that I've been busy and things have been going stellar for me at work and home, so I think this has given me too much idle brain time.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #620
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm feeling some bisexual fatigue. I've been really boy crazy for a few months now but I just don't feel like one of the girls in straightlandia, nor do I feel super great about my queer identity as I've been in so much hetero space. This sounds whiny, and I don't mean to be. Just feeling like my needs are too complicated and wondering if I'll find the right souls that will get me.

Also, I hate straight girls who play flirt. HATE HATE HATE.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #621
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

AFG, Dyke March is coming up in Boston (http://www.bostondykemarch.com/). Perhaps that would be a good place to recharge your queer battery.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #622
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

IC that I had a great time at the pride parade tonight. Love my people!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #623
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess I saw Butchie's partner at Pride!!! I mean, through a sea of people and we've never met and I had to run to meet someone but still!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #624
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC I'm really sad that my own city has completely dropped the idea of ever having a Pride celebration in the city again And I've already missed Capital Pride, will have to miss Toronto Pride, and probably won't have a way to Montreal Pride, so I have to miss out on festivities entirely And it makes me really sad.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:03 AM   #625
Cors
Delurking

It looks like I am going to be missing out on Pride festivities in Singapore and London again! Going to try to make the Copenhagen one but that is still some time away.

Glad you had fun though, Butch, Mycroft and AFG!