Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 07-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #651
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Purchased the first swim suit I've had in AGES. Double-plus bonus: it's a two piece
Old 07-10-2011, 04:15 AM   #652
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Leaving for England on Tuesday. Get to see Keith again sooooooooooooooooon.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #653
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hugs to you, Carla and Rebecca, I hope you are having a blast in England!

IC that I can't seem to sustain ongoing close platonic real-life friendships with hot butch women and that makes me sad. So much sexual (and to an extent, emotional/romantic) tension in the air, even when it is not articulated and it really doesn't help that she has a long-term girlfriend! At least she is thousands of miles away for now but still, ugh. I hate my old and in my opinion, undeserved homewrecker rep and hope nothing awful comes out of this. Also, annoying privileged rant about always being seen as the potential trophy girlfriend or feisty, kinky chick who is only good for BDSM and fat play experimentations but not a proper relationship.

At least my heart is safe for now and I trust that it will be taken care of, no matter how things turn out. Two weeks until Cuddlefest if I am lucky and I am excited, but nervous!

Last edited by Cors; 07-25-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #654
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC that my attraction to women is becoming stronger than my attraction to men...
Old 08-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #655
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevenDoom View Post
IC that my attraction to women is becoming stronger than my attraction to men...
Second this...
Old 08-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #656
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatrix View Post
Second this...
O hai thar
Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #657
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rose View Post
O hai thar
Do you know how much I adore you? I dont ever tell you, but I really reaaaally do.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #658
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatrix View Post
Do you know how much I adore you? I dont ever tell you, but I really reaaaally do.

Wait what? Whyy? o.o
Old 08-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #659
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's because you're lovable, Alicia

----

IC I'm going to bring up sexuality issues tomorrow morning at group. I've been hiding them away and wanting to talk about them in a non judgemental place. But I guess group is the closest thing to that.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #660
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Hugs to you, Carla and Rebecca, I hope you are having a blast in England!

IC that I can't seem to sustain ongoing close platonic real-life friendships with hot butch women and that makes me sad. So much sexual (and to an extent, emotional/romantic) tension in the air, even when it is not articulated and it really doesn't help that she has a long-term girlfriend! At least she is thousands of miles away for now but still, ugh. I hate my old and in my opinion, undeserved homewrecker rep and hope nothing awful comes out of this. Also, annoying privileged rant about always being seen as the potential trophy girlfriend or feisty, kinky chick who is only good for BDSM and fat play experimentations but not a proper relationship.

At least my heart is safe for now and I trust that it will be taken care of, no matter how things turn out. Two weeks until Cuddlefest if I am lucky and I am excited, but nervous!
I hope cuddlefest is going well!

I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as being made to cheat. As such, I don't believe in the "homewrecker" rep of anyone. It takes two people(at least) to cheat, so the fact they did something they normally wouldn't do doesn't change that they did it.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #661
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't believe in the "homewrecker" thing, either.

-----

I ended up not going to my group meeting this morning. I would've been there with less than an hour of sleep overnight and it would not have been pretty if anyone would have been testing what I was trying to say. So maybe next week I will mention it.

But now it's getting hard to explain things to mom. She doesn't "get" what I am... And she seems to want to forget it. Pretend it isn't even a problem. I'd rather have it be accepted than ignored.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #662
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, I don't believe that anyone can get seduced or stolen against their will either.

Sorry to hear things aren't going well with your mum, CarlaSixx. You might have to be prepared for her to be stuck in denial for a long time. Mine reacted similarly when I was first out and ten years later, it was as if I never said anything - still glad I did it for myself though.

IC that I sometimes feel like I don't recognise myself anymore. Only time will tell if this drastic change is for the better.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #663
absintheminded

absintheminded can now change their title

I've lived in super gay friendly big cities my entire adult life. I'm unexpectedly (and temporarily, thank God!) back in my tiny hometown and it's just so... weird. I haven't had to think twice about being gay in like six years, you know? And now I'm experiencing the same icy stares and whispers I did in high school. I know now how wonderful and accepting the world can be, but, man, this is a vivid reminder of what life was like when I was 16 :/

The other night, I had a run in with the dude who made my high school years complete and total hell. An out-of-town friend and I were walking downtown and here comes this neanderthal-looking motherfucker, trying to pick a fight because I didn't respond to his drunken, slurred compliments about my boots. It was just...amazing -- here he is, six years later, in the same town, with the same circle of meth-ed out cronies, wasted at 9:30 PM, still trying desperately to be a bully at 25-years-old. Yeahh.

As uncomfortable as I feel being back here, and as many crappy memories as it brings up, it also gives me a whole new appreciation for living and traveling and meeting all sorts of weird, wonderful outcasts. I wonder how much of that I would have done had I not been gay?
absintheminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:47 PM   #664
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

I brought my mom to her first Pride event ever. It's Pride Week in my city and there were a few things lined up for the celebrations. Tonight they were playing I Love You Phillip Morris at the library. I got my mom to follow and she was so happy to go out and do something. Plus, she was surprised to see that she recognized so many people It was just a tad of an eye opener for her.

Plus... the movie was absolutely awesome.

After the movie, she turned to me and said "I envy gay people. When they find love, it's true love. We should be more like that."
I don't think she totally realizes that her statement isn't true, but if it helps her accept and love gay people, then all the better.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:50 PM   #665
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Carla, that sounds like you had a great experience with your mom. I'm so glad that happened for you.

My confession...
I was all set to go to the Pride Festival this year, the one I missed last year because I somehow mixed up the date, and it was cancelled because of the hurricane. Good news though! It has been rescheduled for the beginning of October. So I still have a chance to let my Pride flag fly!

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #666
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

It was very awesome

Hope you have fun at the Pride event in October! Guess it's going to be Halloween themed?

Also another nice piece of news...

My city is holding a Gala for the LGBT community on the 4th, and I've just been told I HAVE TO be present because...

I've been nominated for Person Of The Year

With everything that's been going wrong for me, this has made me feel really good. To hear that at least one person thinks I've done really good is so very sweet. I know I'm not that active in the community as others from my area, but I'm still very vocal and supportive, which I guess someone thought was a good thing from me, lol. I'm very honoured, and now I have to find a way to scrounge up 15$ in order to attend the gala.

Oh... and I'm really happy that for once in many years, the Pride committee of my city is actually hosting something for the younger ones in the LGBT community. They're having a back-to-school teen dance for anyone 13-18, which I think is super awesome So many young ones were really pissed that they weren't getting anything they could go to, and now they do

Plus... I'm very excited for the Halloween party this year. Pride always has the BEST Halloween times EVER!

Last edited by CarlaSixx; 09-01-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #667
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absintheminded View Post
I've lived in super gay friendly big cities my entire adult life. I'm unexpectedly (and temporarily, thank God!) back in my tiny hometown and it's just so... weird. I haven't had to think twice about being gay in like six years, you know? And now I'm experiencing the same icy stares and whispers I did in high school. I know now how wonderful and accepting the world can be, but, man, this is a vivid reminder of what life was like when I was 16 :/

The other night, I had a run in with the dude who made my high school years complete and total hell. An out-of-town friend and I were walking downtown and here comes this neanderthal-looking motherfucker, trying to pick a fight because I didn't respond to his drunken, slurred compliments about my boots. It was just...amazing -- here he is, six years later, in the same town, with the same circle of meth-ed out cronies, wasted at 9:30 PM, still trying desperately to be a bully at 25-years-old. Yeahh.

As uncomfortable as I feel being back here, and as many crappy memories as it brings up, it also gives me a whole new appreciation for living and traveling and meeting all sorts of weird, wonderful outcasts. I wonder how much of that I would have done had I not been gay?
That's a good question. Your hometown sounds like mine and, yes, all the idiots from highschool are still living there, still doing the same dumb shit. It's the kind of place where anyone with any talent whatsoever gets out right away, just because they can't put up with the ass-backwards lifestyle of the town.

I'm glad that you're only there temporarily, and that you don't let the jerks get to you.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #668
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The chorus of this song just applies to so many people's hometowns......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhFf0gGKQo
Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #669
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
The chorus of this song just applies to so many people's hometowns......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhFf0gGKQo
I was just thinking about that song!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:05 AM   #670
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Forgive the bluntness of this statement, but IC that I am tired of faghags who hate on lesbians and trans folk. I mean what the hell?
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:55 AM   #671
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
Forgive the bluntness of this statement, but IC that I am tired of faghags who hate on lesbians and trans folk. I mean what the hell?
In my life I've known faghags who hate on lesbians and feminists, and lesbians who hate on trans peopls, and I really don't get it, except that we've all got baggage about sex and gender, and I hope they work through theirs at some point in their life, and get over the hate. Sorry you have to put up with it, though.

Last edited by butch; 09-03-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: forgot a word
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #672
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

There's a whole movement of anti-trans women, mostly lesbian separatists. It's called 'Womyn-born-womyn.' Many women-only events and venues have banned trans women from attending due to the influence of the WBWs, and they are also a major player in preventing anti-trans discrimination laws from being enacted throughout the country.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #673
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

tHat is NOT cool I don't get why people are like that!

On another note, a friend of mine is going to get me in lots of trouble. They told me the organizers of the Gala want fancy dress only, like wedding reception attire. And told me the team was thinking of turning away those in casual wear. So I told a friend about it, and his ex got all "beatdown" on me. He's somewhat part of the committee.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #674
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rose View Post
There's a whole movement of anti-trans women, mostly lesbian separatists. It's called 'Womyn-born-womyn.' Many women-only events and venues have banned trans women from attending due to the influence of the WBWs, and they are also a major player in preventing anti-trans discrimination laws from being enacted throughout the country.
Gotta disagree with you here, but by and far the biggest impact on trans legislation is the 'pro-family' contingent, who pay for offensive ads calling trans legislation 'bathroom bills' and spreading the false belief that allowing transwomen into women's restrooms will allow rapists to access vulenrable women and children in the bathrooms. As someone who knows folks involved in getting such legislation passed in two states, I can tell you, the women you speak of aren't running radio ads against the bills, or showing up at hearings denouncing the bills, nor are they lighting up the internet with their denouncement of Chaz Bono being on DWTS.

I'm no fan of the people you speak of, but to believe that they have the influence to keep trans legislation from passing is just plain wrong, and it also suggests that the only people in the GLBT movement who are anti-trans are lesbian feminists, which is also not true. It was Barney Frank, a gay man, who decided to leave trans folks off the ENDA bill a few years back, with the agreement of the HRC, run by a gay man.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #675
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
People are just terrible....and those in the GLBTQ community are no better. I've seen so many variations of this same crap, that I don't even bother trying to understand it anymore. You'd think they would know something about acceptance, but nope