Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #401
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

This reminds me of a fun, schlocky "B" movie. If you're not expecting an Oscar-winning performance (or, in this case, Jif-worthy taste), you'll be fairly pleased.

Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #402
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
This reminds me of a fun, schlocky "B" movie. If you're not expecting an Oscar-winning performance (or, in this case, Jif-worthy taste), you'll be fairly pleased.
That looks like an ice cream experiment just waiting to happen. Where did you find it?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #403
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Oh! I've seen that for bodybuilders--they add it to their protein shakes for extra bulk.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #404
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

This is really not bad at all. It definitely saves me when I have a peanut butter craving and is SO much lower in calories, fat, etc. Good call Cynthia
Old 09-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #405
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
That looks like an ice cream experiment just waiting to happen. Where did you find it?
If my husband were a Muppet, they'd name him Peanut Butter Monster, so a friend gave us some to try.

There are tons of recipes located at this link: Bell Plantation Recipes.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #406
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW View Post
It definitely saves me when I have a peanut butter craving and is SO much lower in calories, fat, etc.
It sounds as if it would be good, but ... isn't peanut butter without calories, fat, etc. kind of like decaffeinated coffee or nonalcoholic beer? (imagine a 'yuck' smilie here)
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #407
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
It sounds as if it would be good, but ... isn't peanut butter without calories, fat, etc. kind of like decaffeinated coffee or nonalcoholic beer? (imagine a 'yuck' smilie here)
Well, it is all about choices. some say potAto and some say potAHto. Sure if I had my best wish I'd eat the real thing, but as a substitute it is pretty darn good.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #408
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love PB 2. It is a great alternative for diabetics. It's made from peanut flour, so you still get the flavor.

They also make a chocolate flavor, but I'm not a chocolate fan so I haven't tried it.

I get mine from a local store, but you can find it at any health food store like Whole Foods, etc.

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #409
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

My mind is blown by PB2, I could use that right now!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #410
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Witch Finger Grapes---- OMG they are ugly long weird shaped and very dark..... but delectable.. must have more -- Publix was my last, oh, and they are 2x what other grapes cost....
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #411
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
how do you actually eat it?
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:30 AM   #412
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess View Post
Witch Finger Grapes---- OMG they are ugly long weird shaped and very dark..... but delectable.. must have more -- Publix was my last, oh, and they are 2x what other grapes cost....
They sound perfect for you

<3
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #413
Cynthia

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
how do you actually eat it?
Liz, you add water, and it forms a paste that's similar to the look of natural peanut butter.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #414
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I checked their site and nutritional information and was pleasantly surprised that it isn't filled with crazy stuff you can't pronounce. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I love PB 2. It is a great alternative for diabetics. It's made from peanut flour, so you still get the flavor.

They also make a chocolate flavor, but I'm not a chocolate fan so I haven't tried it.

I get mine from a local store, but you can find it at any health food store like Whole Foods, etc.

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #415
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Liz, you add water, and it forms a paste that's similar to the look of natural peanut butter.
thx. wacky!
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #416
ButlerGirl09
Sugar Magnolia

ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh my goodness, everyone... These little things right here are TO DIE FOR! I almost wish I hadn't ever gotten some because now I'm going to crave them constantly. They can be found at Walgreens.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (43.4 KB, 263 views)
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #417
bbwlibrarian
possibly revolutionary

bbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized rep

Quote:

Old post, but I gotta say that I love this stuff for smoothies. It doesn't stick to my blender as much, and it blends more evenly. I make peanut butter + banana smoothies quite a lot during the summer for breakfast, and more often than not, I put in a little cocoa powder too.

It also doesn't give me that IBS yucky-tummy thing afterwards, either.
bbwlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #418
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I tried this new chocolate-infused wine. A little bit is good, but it's too sweet to have more than that.

http://www.chocolatrougewine.com/
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 AM   #419
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

These are incredible. I got the butternut and delicata for Christmas, and just opened the bottles tonight. Then I made the puree for butternut squash and crab bisque with the butternut squash seed oil, and it is going to be so good when I finish it tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #420
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
These are incredible. I got the butternut and delicata for Christmas, and just opened the bottles tonight. Then I made the puree for butternut squash and crab bisque with the butternut squash seed oil, and it is going to be so good when I finish it tomorrow.
Looking forward to hearing how it comes out!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #421
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Looking forward to hearing how it comes out!
It was fantastic. I had it for lunch, and all morning long I kept dipping my finger in the puree when I walked past the fridge and licking it. I should have just shelled the crab when I woke up and had it for breakfast!

I made a vinaigrette with the delicata, and used that on a spinach, apple and pecan salad with dinner, too.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #422
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Black truffles. OMG what have I been missing?

I wish I was rich enough to have these all the time. Amazon has them in somewhat affordable packages (okay, you get 4 for $15.99).

I sliced a couple of these very thin and am having them on some veggie pasta tonight. The rest are going in the fridge and are being saved for a special occasion.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o09_s00_i00
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #423
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Glad they're good, in general asian truffles aren't viewed as being as good as the "real" thing. Although I'm sure they're better then most truffle oil which is just artificial flavoring for the most part (some is real). You can imagine how much more an Italian Black truffle would cost (yikes!)
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #424
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

My dh and I were in Kroger a couple of days ago and while in the ice cream aisle we spotted a pint of Blood orange sorbet..OMG..it has a delicious smell and a beyond delicious taste..I can't get enough! AS for dh..he didn't care for it..more for me!!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #425
EMH1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye23 View Post
Glad they're good, in general asian truffles aren't viewed as being as good as the "real" thing. Although I'm sure they're better then most truffle oil which is just artificial flavoring for the most part (some is real). You can imagine how much more an Italian Black truffle would cost (yikes!)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure an Italian black truffle is out of my price range for now.