Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #526
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess View Post
Reese's Peanut butter cup flavored Oreos -
Muchly devoured
Old 07-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #527
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I still haven't seen these.
I found some today. They're really quite tasty.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #528
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have just discovered watermelon plums. I actually love plums and eat more of them than any fruit and these ones were just a lovely find. If you don't know them, the flesh inside is a gorgeous watermelon crisp texture, but with that lovely sweet and sourish plum flavour. The inside is crimson and the outside is a greenish purple mottled effect.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:09 AM   #529
Windigo
The wolf spirit

Windigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized rep
Smile

Cornish pasties

I love them, they're delicious and very filling too. I am going to try all possible flavours!
Old 08-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #530
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Today while grocery shopping, I found this snack called Lentil Snaps. They are like the crispy peas but they are lentils, in the pods, and seasoned differently.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #531
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
Cornish pasties

I love them, they're delicious and very filling too. I am going to try all possible flavours!
I thought they only came in the one flavour? ie. Cornish pasty flavour, lol.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #532
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yesterday my wife brought home some butterscotch muffins from Sprouts (with their home label). I was a little dubious, but they turned out to be wonderful!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #533
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
I have just discovered watermelon plums. I actually love plums and eat more of them than any fruit and these ones were just a lovely find. If you don't know them, the flesh inside is a gorgeous watermelon crisp texture, but with that lovely sweet and sourish plum flavour. The inside is crimson and the outside is a greenish purple mottled effect.
oh my gosh, these sound delish. i tried to locate here in NC, but don't see a local retailer...or even a US retailer.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #534
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm addicted to the rolled chicken tacos at Taco Bell. I get eight of them and can pick 4 dipping sauces. I get guacamole, cheese sauce, salsa and spicy ranch.

I'll be devastated if (when) they stop selling them.

I'm hooked. Crispy crunchy yumminess. And I am not a fan of Taco Bell in general.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #535
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I'm addicted to the rolled chicken tacos at Taco Bell. I get eight of them and can pick 4 dipping sauces. I get guacamole, cheese sauce, salsa and spicy ranch.

I'm hooked. Crispy crunchy yumminess. And I am not a fan of Taco Bell in general.
I had not heard of these. I guess this is the fallback when someone skips all the commericals. I will be looking for these tonight.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #536
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I had not heard of these. I guess this is the fallback when someone skips all the commericals. I will be looking for these tonight.
Hope you find them! Let me know what you think.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 12-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #537
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My local grocery store has scones from their bakery. The only time I had them was when I was over in Germany as an exchange student, so I tried them again and they were really good.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #538
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Hope you find them! Let me know what you think.
Very tasty! I'm curious if they deep fry these. I don't know if TB deep fries anything. But thanks for the recommendation
Old 12-18-2014, 12:04 AM   #539
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lychee flavored iced green tea from the smoothie kiosk in the mall. It was SO good! I kept taking sips and saying "oh my GOD". It tasted like I peeled a fresh lychee and popped it in my mouth.

The only problem is that it's sweet, sweet, sweet. Because the lychee part is a syrup. I had the guy only put half the usual amount in my cup and it was plenty sweet and way lychee-ish. I think next time I will ask for one pump of syrup only.

I will make special trips to the other side of town to go to this specific mall just to have that tea.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #540
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Very tasty! I'm curious if they deep fry these. I don't know if TB deep fries anything. But thanks for the recommendation
I assume yes, they are deep fried. Probably why I like them. Lol

Not sure why they called them rolled chicken tacos, tho. Really they are taquitos. Maybe they think most people don't know that word.

Want some NOW..
Old 12-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #541
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
I assume yes, they are deep fried. Probably why I like them. Lol

Not sure why they called them rolled chicken tacos, tho. Really they are taquitos. Maybe they think most people don't know that word.

Want some NOW..
I've seen them named both ways, and yeah, if you want to sell something based on name recognition, nobody outside of the southwest is going to know a taquito from a flauta from a rolled taco.

CrunchWrap Supreme is still my fav.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #542
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We now have a Freddie's Frozen Custard in my town. For my vegetarian cronies, their veggie burgers are the best! They're even better than Denny's, which has always been my standard of comparison. They also make a superior onion ring.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #543
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:

...and....they're gone. I'm sad.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:13 PM   #544
LifeAndTimes55

LifeAndTimes55 has said some nice things
Default "The Empanada Guy" Food Trucks/Trailers

Recently started enjoying the empanadas at a very clean food truck on Port Reading Ave in Port Reading. The business is called "The Empanada Guy". There are multiple locations - not sure if it is a franchise arrangement.

No point in posting a photo of an empanada - they pretty much all look alike. These are the best I've tasted, though
LifeAndTimes55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #545
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAndTimes55 View Post
Recently started enjoying the empanadas at a very clean food truck on Port Reading Ave in Port Reading. The business is called "The Empanada Guy". There are multiple locations - not sure if it is a franchise arrangement.

No point in posting a photo of an empanada - they pretty much all look alike. These are the best I've tasted, though
I'm know you're talking about New Jersey but no one else will know

I'm not a fan of empanadas. Maybe I just haven't had great ones! And posting food pics is always a good idea, even if you've seen one, seen 'em all!

Good to see you here, btw.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:28 PM   #546
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

my daughter and i went to the international market to pick some stuff up. her best friend is Korean and turned her on to these odd snacks called peanut puffs. they are a combination of a puffy outside that is sweet and tastes like a sugar cereal, then you get the peanut in the middle but the bite finished out with a shrimpy kinda taste. turns out they do have shrimp and cuttlefish in them. it was pretty good and an interesting new food.

Attachment 118238
Old 01-24-2015, 09:55 AM   #547
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just recently discovered Marmite.

I had read online somewhere that you could use Marmite to boost the flavor in stews, gravies, and glazes for roasted vegetables, so I bought a little jar. It works great for those things.

But the other day I made a piece of toast, spread some spreadable cheese on it (Kraft Old English Sharp Cheddar) and then spread the thinnest ever layer of Marmite on top of that.

O.M.G. It was amazing!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:42 PM   #548
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

OMG! It really tastes like Reeses peanut butter cups! Yum!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.a.jpg (217.3 KB, 119 views)
Old 07-27-2015, 02:44 PM   #549
OriginalCyn

OriginalCyn can now change their title
Default Crowne Plaza, San Mateo CA Sunday Brunch?

I plan to take a friend to try out this all-you-can-eat brunch on Sunday the 16th. Has anyone who lives in the Bay Area tried this place out yet? If so, how are the oysters and the carving stations? (The reason that I ask is because my friend likes to fill up on oysters, but if they're "Meh!" then the trip might not be as worthwhile.)

I think I'll fill up on the meat/shellfish dishes, mostly, but I'm gonna go for the dim sum and all of the other sides and desserts, as well--just a little taste of everything that looks good, then seconds on the best stuff.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #550
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

my aunt from texas mentioned these to me. i found them in the 'new item' section of the snack cake area. they are delish! they taste like soft peanut butter cookies! the middle is a very light peanut butter sort of fluffy icing. so good!

Attachment 120988