Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #76
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm keeping an eye out for the Silk Almond Milk! I've been drinking Silk Soy Milk for years because of lactose intolerance. I was so excited when I saw the Almond Milk version advertised on television and in a food magazine I buy. Woohoo! I'm gonna put in a request at United for the Almond Milk. From your description, I'm gonna love it!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:49 PM   #77
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckoo View Post
m & m pretzels
oh YUM! I would love that. What a great idea.

I tried these:

Milky Way Simply Caramel. The best part of the Milky Way - and nothing else! Soooooo good!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #78
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

Ok bear with me for a second......

BACON FLAVORED SYRUP
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #79
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

An up close and personal view of the aforementioned Milky Way Simply Caramel. I am still in love.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 06-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #80
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Ok bear with me for a second......

BACON FLAVORED SYRUP
That sounds really good...unless it is artificially flavored. That would be more like "Bacos syrup".

Have you tried it yet?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #81
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
That sounds really good...unless it is artificially flavored.

Actually, artificially flavored bacon syrup would be even BETTER. Ask any pig.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #82
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

love this!

Last edited by liz (di-va); 11-10-2011 at 12:03 AM.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #83
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
love this!
"Swirls of pastry cream"?? - sounds great!
Old 06-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #84
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
"Swirls of pastry cream"?? - sounds great!
It is soo good. Like...good good. lol. I normally can't eat a whole one, but I can down one of those in one sitting.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #85
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ben & Jerry's may actually have given me a reason to break my no sugar rule and pull out the lactaid! The Boston Creme Pie flavor sounds divine!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #86
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
love this!
Oh, my...ooooohhh...my......must try this....
Old 06-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #87
BBWBecky

BBWBecky can now change their title

New banquet Fruit pies they are so delicious you can eihr microwave them or heat them in the oven. They come i the flavors apple, mixed berry with cherry and peach.
BBWBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #88
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWBecky View Post
New banquet Fruit pies they are so delicious you can eihr microwave them or heat them in the oven. They come i the flavors apple, mixed berry with cherry and peach.
Are they full size pies or little, like their individual pot pies?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #89
theladypoet
I am my own non-sequitur

theladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized rep

President's Choice Greek flavoured chips. They are made of win.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 AM   #90
BBWBecky

BBWBecky can now change their title
Default Banquest Fruit Pies

Quote:
Are they full size pies or little, like their individual pot pies?
They are little like the pot pies but contain 380 calories
BBWBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #91
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Chobani brand Greek Yogurt. It is rich and thick and creamy and tastes delicious besides being a power food with minimal carbs and tons of protein. Just awesome.

(I also tried Oikos brand, not so thick and creamy, still tasty, but not like Chobani where every spoonful was "OMG, I can't believe how good this is, and it's good for you, geez, how come I haven't been eating this for years?"
D_A_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #92
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
Chobani brand Greek Yogurt. It is rich and thick and creamy and tastes delicious besides being a power food with minimal carbs and tons of protein. Just awesome.

(I also tried Oikos brand, not so thick and creamy, still tasty, but not like Chobani where every spoonful was "OMG, I can't believe how good this is, and it's good for you, geez, how come I haven't been eating this for years?"
Love this stuff! I get the one with pineapple.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #93
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
An up close and personal view of the aforementioned Milky Way Simply Caramel. I am still in love.

oh man.. I might have to go to 7-11 and ruin my diet/vegan lifestyle for that one!! i'm a sucker for caramel!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #94
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theladypoet View Post
President's Choice Greek flavoured chips. They are made of win.
I may not like the answer to this, but ... what does "Greek flavoured" mean? Flavoured by Greeks? Flavoured LIKE Greeks?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #95
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

In my attempt to choose "better for me" snacks, and since they were on sale AND I had a coupon, I recently acquired some Kashi TLC Tasty Little Chewies in the flavor Pumpkin Pie.

They are all natural fruit and grain bars. Let me tell you, these things taste AWESOME. If you want something quick and gives the taste of pumpkin pie, this is it.

Now mind you, it doesn't *feel* like pumpkin pie because it is a crunchy bar with a delicious top coating. But it tastes so good.

And they only have 22 carbs, 4g of fiber and 4g of protein, not such a bad little snack. Not that I ate them one at a sitting, but still, two are still doable.

I also tried the peanut one and they are good too, just quite dry, but tasty.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #96
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
In my attempt to choose "better for me" snacks, and since they were on sale AND I had a coupon, I recently acquired some Kashi TLC Tasty Little Chewies in the flavor Pumpkin Pie.

They are all natural fruit and grain bars. Let me tell you, these things taste AWESOME. If you want something quick and gives the taste of pumpkin pie, this is it.

Now mind you, it doesn't *feel* like pumpkin pie because it is a crunchy bar with a delicious top coating. But it tastes so good.

And they only have 22 carbs, 4g of fiber and 4g of protein, not such a bad little snack. Not that I ate them one at a sitting, but still, two are still doable.

I also tried the peanut one and they are good too, just quite dry, but tasty.

hehe...look at the very first post of this thread. Is that the same? They also have chocolate coconut. Yum. Sounds like yours are smaller - snack size. Mine were granola bar size.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #97
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love the Kashi mocha/almond ones...and the choc/raspberry. They are good And spendy.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #98
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

Quote:
hehe...look at the very first post of this thread. Is that the same? They also have chocolate coconut. Yum. Sounds like yours are smaller - snack size. Mine were granola bar size.
OMG, that is too funny. You know what they say, great minds think alike. They really are good though.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #99
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Three delicious new (to me, anyway) ice cream flavors:
  • Starbuck's Vanilla Bean Frappuccino - has a really nice classic, strong vanilla flavor
  • Ciao Bella Tahitian Vanilla (actually gelato, not ice cream) - a more exotic, but equally yummy version of vanilla
  • Safeway Select Fleur de Sel Caramel -SWOON- - I am a caramel nut. This ice cream is just beautifully creamy and lush and caramelly and has the little bit of sweet & salty thing going on. Outstanding. This is also less than half the price of my previous non-chocolate favorite, Starbuck's Caramel Macchiato, so that's a very nice little bonus.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #100
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy_Coated_Clown View Post
This is not really a "discovery" but more of a love for something that's become a crazy obsession lately.

The obsession is brown butter!

Seriously, it intensifies flavor so much in desserts and savory food (pasta sauces for example), but especially desserts.

Other names for brown butter are beurre noisette (meaning hazelnut butter in French) or simply hazelnut butter. Gently brown some butter and incorporate it into one of your usual dessert recipes that requires butter, and notice the difference and enhancement in flavor.

Go even further by dropping a sliced open, seed-exposed vanilla bean into the butter while it is heating and browning, to give it a vanilla-infused flavor.

Brown butter can be placed back into the fridge and used later, if a recipe requires cold butter (such as pie crusts and the like). Cold butter used in pie dough allows pie crust to develop flakiness.
This would be perfect for this thread: What's your latest kick? I can move it there if you'd like.