Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #101
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
love this!

I've got to try this, even though I'm not really a huge fan of the BJ vanilla base.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #102
Candy_Coated_Clown

Candy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
This would be perfect for this thread: What's your latest kick? I can move it there if you'd like.

Yeah, sure. That would be great if it fits best there.
Candy_Coated_Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #103
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy_Coated_Clown View Post
Yeah, sure. That would be great if it fits best there.
Done, and I fixed your first sentence so it didn't reference this thread. I think that's a great place for your post.

That said - I had the most amazing brown butter cupcakes recently. omg.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:49 AM   #104
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
Chobani brand Greek Yogurt. It is rich and thick and creamy and tastes delicious besides being a power food with minimal carbs and tons of protein. Just awesome.

(I also tried Oikos brand, not so thick and creamy, still tasty, but not like Chobani where every spoonful was "OMG, I can't believe how good this is, and it's good for you, geez, how come I haven't been eating this for years?"
I can't believe I missed this post first time around. I love Chobani brand, too. I mix the vanilla with chopped banana and almonds. It's delicious!!
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #105
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I've got to try this, even though I'm not really a huge fan of the BJ vanilla base.
It is goooooooooooooood. I'm not a huge ice cream fan and I love it!

My absolute favorite BJ flavor is Ginger Snap. If they don't bring it back this holiday season, I may cry!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #106
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

hubby bought some dehydrated neapolitan ice cream in the camping department today. It turned out to be quite tasty. A little weird but kinda good. I'm not an ice cream eater normally but the few bites i had were quite good!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #107
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Picked these up in the natural foods section of my grocery store yesterday. They are a nice change from Wasabi peas. Very chili-pepper-y and crunchy!
peas.JPG

http://www.bhuja.com.au/products/spicy-peas.php
Old 07-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #108
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankySpice View Post
Picked these up in the natural foods section of my grocery store yesterday. They are a nice change from Wasabi peas. Very chili-pepper-y and crunchy!
Attachment 82304

http://www.bhuja.com.au/products/spicy-peas.php
Those sound good. I'm going to look for them next time I'm in the store.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #109
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I don't know if this applies, but this is the best ginger ale in the world.

This is a small batch South Carolina brew. An wanton gulp of it is kinda like snorting Wasabi whilst mounting a razor pig

However, a judicious sip will cure everything from the clap to cancer. It's kind of like drinking delicious bleach.
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #110
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdgujer148 View Post

This is a small batch South Carolina brew. An wanton gulp of it is kinda like snorting Wasabi whilst mounting a razor pig

However, a judicious sip will cure everything from the clap to cancer. It's kind of like drinking delicious bleach.
I <3 a good strong ginger beer. Where did you find this?
Old 07-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #111
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

I'm a wimp. Love ginger ale but strong ginger beer? I can't take it. WIMP!
Old 07-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #112
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I <3 a good strong ginger beer. Where did you find this?
I discovered the stuff @ a local deli. The owner makes a point of stocking unusual drinks.

You can buy it here: http://www.kegworks.com/product.php?...PEHBdtVflWhg&=
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #113
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

Default Strawberry Creme Twinkies

Picked up a box of these today...better than your average Twinkie, but not as full of strawberry flavor as I'd hoped.
strtwin.JPG
Old 07-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #114
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Picked up a box of these today...better than your average Twinkie, but not as full of strawberry flavor as I'd hoped.
Attachment 82378
Maybe you need to eat about three or so to get the full strawberry flavor. Well, that would've been my excuse.
D_A_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #115
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Attachment 82378
Try these: http://www.littledebbie.com/products...yShortcake.asp
oh so strawberry filled
Old 07-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #116
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

Tried this on the recommendation of a gentleman in the freezer aisle, even though I'm more of a chocolate/nuts ice cream kind of gal. I was a little nervous about it because coconut is one of those flavors I'm sensitive about - it has to taste a certain way or I feel like it's "off". Hard to explain. LOL Anyway - I really liked this. I added chopped almonds to it, but I think it would be refreshing just as is, too.

icecream.JPG
Old 07-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #117
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

Driving aimlessly after leaving the beach yesterday we found Down River Ice Cream. I had the creamsicle flavor which is the best vanilla ice cream I've ever had surrounded by fresh orange sorbet. Kelly had banana ice cream with peanut butter cups that seemed like a 50/50 split between ice cream and Reese's cups.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #118
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
Driving aimlessly after leaving the beach yesterday we found Down River Ice Cream. I had the creamsicle flavor which is the best vanilla ice cream I've ever had surrounded by fresh orange sorbet. Kelly had banana ice cream with peanut butter cups that seemed like a 50/50 split between ice cream and Reese's cups.
HOLY CRAP!!!

AND you didn't stop by!!?? Sheesh.

I've never been there or even heard of it - dropping everything right now to read and learn more.

***edit***

OMG.

Deer Tracks – buttery toffee ice cream with peanut butter truffles tracked through with fudge

YES please.

Not to mention:
Custard Cream – aka French vanilla –vanilla in an egg custard base- creamy and delicious.
Kung Fu Grasshopper – minty ice cream with a kick mixed with mellow oreo cookie pieces

Now that my fridge has been replaced, I'm totally hitting this place up. How were the prices, J?

Last edited by AnnMarie; 07-29-2010 at 12:46 PM.
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #119
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdgujer148 View Post

I've had this. It is what my father used to call Hot Ginger Ale. It is certainly stronger than any ginger beer I ever had, and if you are expecting Canada Dry style ginger taste, you will be blown away. Fire in a bottle! It comes in a few different levels of ginger intensity. I can't say I want it all the time, but an occasional bottle - once or twice a decade is enough, can be a tasty experience.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #120
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
HOLY CRAP!!!

AND you didn't stop by!!?? Sheesh.

I've never been there or even heard of it - dropping everything right now to read and learn more.

***edit***

OMG.

Deer Tracks – buttery toffee ice cream with peanut butter truffles tracked through with fudge

YES please.

Not to mention:
Custard Cream – aka French vanilla –vanilla in an egg custard base- creamy and delicious.
Kung Fu Grasshopper – minty ice cream with a kick mixed with mellow oreo cookie pieces

Now that my fridge has been replaced, I'm totally hitting this place up. How were the prices, J?
We'd stop by if we knew where and then we could all go for great ice cream!

I paid around 3.25 for a rather large "small." Definitely clear room in your freezer, they sell gallons that we would have bought if we weren't 40 melty minutes from our freezer.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #121
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ben and Jerry's has a store here. They have a flavor...Bonnaroo Buzz.

OH MY GOD. I had a foodgasm today. It's coffee and malt ice cream with swirls of whiskey caramel and English toffee bits.

OH MY GOD..lol So good.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #122
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

I like to try unusual/different things...Here's my most recent

They're by DOLE and called 'Real Fruit Bites'. I picked up the Mango flavored one and mmhmmm they were good!

It's basically fruit pieces covered in yogurt and whole grain oats.

I got them in the organic/healthy eats aisle in Giant Eagle in our area. Not sure what other stores may have them.

http://www.shopwell.com/dole-fruit-b...romSearch=true
Old 08-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #123
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Ben and Jerry's has a store here. They have a flavor...Bonnaroo Buzz.

OH MY GOD. I had a foodgasm today. It's coffee and malt ice cream with swirls of whiskey caramel and English toffee bits.

OH MY GOD..lol So good.
That actually sounds kinda good. I love coffee ice cream like you wouldn't believe.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #124
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

Okay so I have recently become OBSESSED with NUTELLA! I've always loved it, its been years since I've eaten it, and I've gone through like 4 jars in a very short time

Well after a while I got tired of just eating it out of the jar (Though believe me I could do it forever and be happy as can be lol) But I wanted to try some new things with it. So I tried out my very own Nutella Crepes and OMFG EPIC!!!

I made my own crepe batter and made the crepes myself, then made up some fresh whipped cream myself and put it on top of them and the result=HEAVEN!!!! Next time I make them (Which will be soon lol) I will take some pics!

ALSO- another recipie for Nutella which I JUST found and have yet you try- fried Nutella triangles!! Get a package of wanton skins, put a teaspoon of Nutella in the triangle, fold, deep fry and dust with powdered sugar and YUM TIME! I am SOOO excited to try this- just saw this on The Cooking Channel today!! Will report once I try!
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #125
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in
Default new favorite thing

I know, this doesn't look like anything new. Yeah, yeah, Hershey's dark chocolate squares, big deal. But see that one on the right? That's Hershey's extra dark chocolate with pomegranate pieces and is literally one of the best chocolate things I've ever put in my mouth. EVER. It's the pomegranate pieces. I can't even begin to tell you. Pomegranate and chocolate... beyond heavenly. I always have to have them in my house now. I can't be without them.