Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 02-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Love.Metal
Straight Trippin'

Love.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Would any of you lovelies that self-identify as Transvestites...

...please please PLEASE be willing to help a girl out?
I am currently in a gender-studies class, going for my degree in psychology, and maybe changing to Gender Studies!! It's just so fascinating...

BUT, I am having to write my final paper, and for my topic I chose men who self-identify as being Transvestites [I will admit, it's because of Eddie Izzard...], and one of the requirements for this paper is that I have conversations with someone who fits this description.

Would any of you be willing to indulge and honor me with some interviews via PMs?
I would need to ask you rather personal yet tasteful questions, but of course there will be no judgments, and you will remain anonymous.
I respect everyone on the boards, and I would be honored to get insights from a fellow Dims-Goer.

PM me if you are interested, or if you have questions.
I'd love to hear from you ;]

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!

<3 SarahBeth

There are so many little dyings that it doesn't matter which of them is death. ~Kenneth Patchen

God is growing bitter, He envies man his mortality. ~Jacques Rigaut

Last edited by Love.Metal; 02-12-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: details
Love.Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
bexy
is red again &lt;3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Its probably not really important, but George doesn't refer to himself as a transvestite, but rather a crossdresser.

They are slightly different you see.

Crossdressing is typically is the act of wearing clothing commonly associated with another gender within a particular society.

Transvestitism tends to be the same, only with sexual and fetishistic connotations.

So this definition might end up actually being a big part of what you are writing about!

The two terms generally mean different things to different people, its subjective I suppose, but its certainly what it means to us! Hope this helps for going on with, George will probably send you a wee pm though

xox

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just throwing it out there that I LOVE Gender Studies!!!

Good for you, lady!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
Love.Metal
Straight Trippin'

Love.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going onLove.Metal knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
Its probably not really important, but George doesn't refer to himself as a transvestite, but rather a crossdresser.

They are slightly different you see.

Crossdressing is typically is the act of wearing clothing commonly associated with another gender within a particular society.

Transvestitism tends to be the same, only with sexual and fetishistic connotations.

So this definition might end up actually being a big part of what you are writing about!

The two terms generally mean different things to different people, its subjective I suppose, but its certainly what it means to us! Hope this helps for going on with, George will probably send you a wee pm though

xox

Thanks so much for pointing that out, Bexy!!
I think I'm just used to referring to is as Transvestism because my Gender Studies Professor calls it that...although I do agree with you, it seems to me that the term Transvestite does tend to go a bit more into Fetishism...

So Now I shall add that anyone who identifies as a Cross dresser is more than welcome to help me as well

<3

There are so many little dyings that it doesn't matter which of them is death. ~Kenneth Patchen

God is growing bitter, He envies man his mortality. ~Jacques Rigaut
Love.Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
george83
DADDY IN A DRESS

george83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging in

I know I pm'ed yea earlier but as I said here any questions you have just throw my way as I'm always happy to help .

I'm sure it's a difficult course as there is so many issues to cover.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hmm actually, thats interesting. Do you think that 'transvestites' are supressed 'crossdressers'? Like they felt that dressing in womans clothes was bad, so they repressed that desire and it turned into a fetish?
Do you think for most cross dressers they just like womens clothes and there is no sexual element attached at all?
Do you think that for many crossdressers, although they want to be male, when they are dressed take pleasure in 'playing as a woman'?
I'm talking about male crossdressers here, though i guess the questions would be the same for women.
Think we should have a crossdressing thread actually.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
bexy
is red again &lt;3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think its totally different for each person Mer.

I think some crossdressers are supressed transvestites in that they won't or can't admit its a fetish and try to pass it off as "just dressing up."

I think some do take great pleasure in playing the female.

I think some are just into looking and being girlie and good at doing so, like George lol.

Honestly, I think its so hard to interpret as it is different for each and every person that identifies themselves as a crossdresser or transvestite.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #8
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I think its totally different for each person Mer.

I think some crossdressers are supressed transvestites in that they won't or can't admit its a fetish and try to pass it off as "just dressing up."

I think some do take great pleasure in playing the female.

I think some are just into looking and being girlie and good at doing so, like George lol.

Honestly, I think its so hard to interpret as it is different for each and every person that identifies themselves as a crossdresser or transvestite.
Its really interesting. I think if i dressed as a guy there would defo be sexual overtones there. Though i never get an 'urge' to dress as a guy. Like..if george..(haha george i'm talking about you like your not here!!) couldnt dress up in 'girls' clothes would he feel sad or as if something was missing?
Ok, george,,you may answer too if you like!! haha
Old 02-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
bexy
is red again &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Its really interesting. I think if i dressed as a guy there would defo be sexual overtones there. Though i never get an 'urge' to dress as a guy. Like..if george..(haha george i'm talking about you like your not here!!) couldnt dress up in 'girls' clothes would he feel sad or as if something was missing?
Ok, george,,you may answer too if you like!! haha
George isn't home lol but I know he won't mind me answering.

If he couldn't dress in girls clothes ever, it would kill him. It's part of who he is.

I would never want him to give it up or stop and would hate to see him in the position that he couldn't do it for some reason. He goes through phases of doing it all the time, then other phases of doing it very sporadically but ultimately he has a wardrobe full of girls clothes he can put on whenever he wants to. Sometimes finding the time is an issue and then he can get quite down. He also gets quite down about not being able to go out dressed in his girlie clothes as we just haven't done it properly yet. We want to maybe go for food and the cinema but we are both nervous.

I would also say that perhaps at the beginning it was sexual, as it was risky to get caught. But now he lives in an environment where he can do it whenever he wants, that element has more or less gone and its just about being himself, being comfortable, and feeling and looking cute.

(Baby if I said anything wrong here feel free to spank me )

Old 02-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
(Baby if I said anything wrong here feel free to spank me )
Now I'm re-reading the post, wondering where you put in the deliberate mistake
Old 02-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
bexy
is red again &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Now I'm re-reading the post, wondering where you put in the deliberate mistake
LMAO!! Never thought of that!

Old 02-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #12
VVET

VVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by george83 View Post
I know I pm'ed yea earlier but as I said here any questions you have just throw my way as I'm always happy to help .

I'm sure it's a difficult course as there is so many issues to cover.
I'm a CD as well only I only go as far as underwear with padding
VVET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #13
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Hmm actually, thats interesting. Do you think that 'transvestites' are supressed 'crossdressers'? Like they felt that dressing in womans clothes was bad, so they repressed that desire and it turned into a fetish?
Do you think for most cross dressers they just like womens clothes and there is no sexual element attached at all?
Do you think that for many crossdressers, although they want to be male, when they are dressed take pleasure in 'playing as a woman'?
I'm talking about male crossdressers here, though i guess the questions would be the same for women.
Think we should have a crossdressing thread actually.
I thought it was that cross dressers tend to be straight males who just like being in women's clothes and it has little to do with sex with men. They might liked to be pegged, but wouldn't identify as gay - just straight.

Some men like to wear panties while having sex with women, but would still identify as straight...
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #14
VVET

VVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I thought it was that cross dressers tend to be straight males who just like being in women's clothes and it has little to do with sex with men. They might liked to be pegged, but wouldn't identify as gay - just straight.

Some men like to wear panties while having sex with women, but would still identify as straight...
I would have to agree, except subtitute BBW or SSBBW for women. in this Forum
Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #15
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVET View Post
I would have to agree, except subtitute BBW or SSBBW for women. in this Forum
Yeah except a thin guy wouldn't fit in my panties!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
mergirl

Quote:
yeah, but throw in a couple of thin guys and you could have a party!!
On a more serious note i read stats (i really want to know who does this research!!??) and it said about 90% of crossdressers are hetrosexual men.
I wonder what those figures mean?
That hetro males are denied to touch on their feminine side or that gay guys hate filling in questionares?? hmmm
Old 02-23-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
VVET

Quote:
Yeah, he would. It just depends how much padding he needs
Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
yeah, but throw in a couple of thin guys and you could have a party!!
On a more serious note i read stats (i really want to know who does this research!!??) and it said about 90% of crossdressers are hetrosexual men.
I wonder what those figures mean?
That hetro males are denied to touch on their feminine side or that gay guys hate filling in questionares?? hmmm
It means masculinity is too confining. So straight men find these other "taboo" outlets to express a part of themselves they'd otherwise be allowed to express within the parameters of a "masculine ideal." I hope that makes sense...in other words, if masculinity wasn't so confining men would be free to do things like wear makeup and be more ambiguous (in gender expression) without scorn. I was happy when men starting doing the metrosexual thing too. I like "guyliner".

When I found out about this straight man cross dresser thing I started looking to see which guys were wearing panties under their pants - if you look carefully you can see panty lines. I was kinda shocked to discover there were so many guys in business suits doing that! (The subway is the best place for looking for it too.)

Last edited by olwen; 02-23-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #19
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Yeah, he would. It just depends how much padding he needs
Great, thin guys in fat suits. I'd rather help a thin guy pick out panties in his size - besides smaller sizes means it would be easier to find pretty panties.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #20
VVET

Quote:
Great, thin guys in fat suits. I'd rather help a thin guy pick out panties in his size - besides smaller sizes means it would be easier to find pretty panties.
Actually I like to pad girdles/all-in-ones/orswimsuits to obtain a very pear shape figure. Although, I too like to wear panties under clothes (not always my size)
Old 02-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #21
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Actually I like to pad girdles/all-in-ones/orswimsuits to obtain a very pear shape figure. Although, I too like to wear panties under clothes (not always my size)
Fair enough.

....A padded girdle...do you wear a girdle that is bigger than your normal size or do you wear one that is your size and then stuff it? I'm trying to imagine which would be the most comfortable....I hate girdles since the ones I've worn always roll down the sides and pinch. How do you avoid that?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #22
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

When I found out about this straight man cross dresser thing I started looking to see which guys were wearing panties under their pants - if you look carefully you can see panty lines. I was kinda shocked to discover there were so many guys in business suits doing that! (The subway is the best place for looking for it too.)
Just curious - how do you tell that he is wearing panties and not overly tight briefs?
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #23
VVET

Quote:
Fair enough.

....A padded girdle...do you wear a girdle that is bigger than your normal size or do you wear one that is your size and then stuff it? I'm trying to imagine which would be the most comfortable....I hate girdles since the ones I've worn always roll down the sides and pinch. How do you avoid that?
I have a 40" waist and a 52" & a 54" waist girdle and usually pad it with large pillows and blankets ( I have over stretched and destroyed some)
Old 02-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #24
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Just curious - how do you tell that he is wearing panties and not overly tight briefs?
Panties are shaped differently from briefs. Like you know how women worry about visible panty lines - well some guys haven't figured out how to get rid of them either.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #25
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
I have a 40" waist and a 52" & a 54" waist girdle and usually pad it with large pillows and blankets ( I have over stretched and destroyed some)
Ah okay, so it's not uncomfortable then. That's what I was wondering. Cool.