Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Am I the only fatty with an aversion to fried foods?

In the last few years fried food, especially deep fried fare, has become my enemy. I can't eat it without becoming ill. I'll find myself craving french fries, but I can only have three or four before I start to feel sick. Same is true for hamburger patties, fried chicken, onion rings, just about anything immersed in boiling oil. The only things I can (just barely) tolerate are bacon, perhaps because it's frying in its own fat (why that's different, I don't know -- maybe I'm imagining a difference and fooling myself) and these lightly breaded and fried zucchini/cheese fritter things my mother makes.

Anyone with me, or am I a deplorable freak deserving of universal foodie scorn?
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am naturally small and the smell of fried foods makes me nauseous. I do crave greasy stuff once in a while but I can't stomach much. Bacon, baked and even breaded foods are usually fine, but anything battered and deep fried - ugh. I blame it on being brought up on a strict healthy diet by my parents.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Add me to the list. I handle a small amount of fried food once in a while, but greasy food will make me sick. I don't even eat cookies any more; they have more fat than I can deal with!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
fffff

fffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging infffff makes people happy simply by logging in

Fried food does the exact same thing to me. I really think it's one of those foods where if you stop eating it - you'll never want to touch it again.

I don't consider it a bad thing because it's not as if you're body needs deep fried anything. But a little while ago I REALLY wanted some tempura, I went to a restaurant and ordered some, and holy fuck I don't think I have ever felt so awful in my life.
fffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Add me to the list.

I don't get sick from eating fried foods, but they're just not generally appealing to me. Just the smell of KFC is a turn off.

Once in a blue moon, I'll have some french fries, or some General Tso's Chicken, but that's about it. I can't remember when I last had it, so that tells you something.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
Anyone with me, or am I a deplorable freak deserving of universal foodie scorn?
The latter

Oh, but it really has nothing to do with your aversion to deep-fried food.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

It depends on the food, and many times where I go. Like if I eat anything from McDonalds, I get sick, but depending on what kind of Chinese I have, I might come out ok.
I consider fried foods ok, but sometimes I choose alternatives if given the choice (I.e. Grilled chicken).

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Within the past few years I've really been concentrating on the quality of foods I put in my body. Since making this change, few fried foods make the cut. I find myself with an aversion to a lot of foods I used to like. It depends more on the quality of the ingredients than the method of preparation for me. A few examples:

-Fresh cut frites with mussels from the Belgian pub- yum, these make the cut.

-Fried risotto balls from the Neopolitan pizza shop that are stuffed with fresh mozz made in house and fried in olive oil- also still delicious to me.

-Fast food chicken nuggets- no way man.

-Fried cheese sticks from the nasty delivery pizza place, stuffed with preservatives- no more.

-Frozen fresh fries that just come with your meal at restaurants. I find these to be nothing special, and kind of a 'waste' of eating, when I could be eating something delicious!

If I am indulging in fried foods, I tend to eat them in small portions. I'll only eat them from places I trust to use quality, natural ingredients. I also don't make them at home (one of the few things) because of the mess and oil disposal.

I hope I don't sound like a snob!
Old 02-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearInYourHand View Post
Within the past few years I've really been concentrating on the quality of foods I put in my body. Since making this change, few fried foods make the cut. I find myself with an aversion to a lot of foods I used to like. It depends more on the quality of the ingredients than the method of preparation for me. A few examples:

-Fresh cut frites with mussels from the Belgian pub- yum, these make the cut.

-Fried risotto balls from the Neopolitan pizza shop that are stuffed with fresh mozz made in house and fried in olive oil- also still delicious to me.

-Fast food chicken nuggets- no way man.

-Fried cheese sticks from the nasty delivery pizza place, stuffed with preservatives- no more.

-Frozen fresh fries that just come with your meal at restaurants. I find these to be nothing special, and kind of a 'waste' of eating, when I could be eating something delicious!

If I am indulging in fried foods, I tend to eat them in small portions. I'll only eat them from places I trust to use quality, natural ingredients. I also don't make them at home (one of the few things) because of the mess and oil disposal.

I hope I don't sound like a snob!
I bolded the items that stuck out to me because I have been trying/doing the same thing. I find I feel so much better when I eat quality foods and less preservatives. I haven't been doing so great lately because I've been kinda off track since Christmas and working my way back, but I spent the better part of last year using the same philosophy. It isn't about snobbery, just choosing to put better food in the body.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Rarely does my stomach feel okay after fried foods. I ate a bunch of pakoras today (battered fried onions and spinach) and they seemed to be okay but it might because they were sitting in my stomach with a big pile of other stuff.
I don't eat french fries anymore and i bake my mozzerella sticks now.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

I had my gallbladder removed when I was 15, always had an issue with fried foods...even the smell of it. Over the years of ignoring being sick, has really done it's damage. I still eat the occasional fried food...but I do it in moderation, with some medication waiting...What have I learnt since my "new way of eating"...baked is good enough for me!! lmao!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #12
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was going to say that if fried foods make you feel sick a bell goes off for me because before I had my gall bladder out I had the same problem. Maybe get it checked, don't wait until it gets infected like I did - bad bad bad stuff, dangerous too. I was very sick.

After gall bladder surgery? I can eat fried foods but I don't want them anymore. Weird.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie_Zitkus View Post
After gall bladder surgery? I can eat fried foods but I don't want them anymore. Weird.

Everyone is different. I have really watch fried foods, spicy food and dairy, since my gall bladder surgery. Everyone is different though.
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #14
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not a big fan of anything greasy... it grosses me out. I will eat regular fried fare like chicken fingers, fries, etc... but other than fish and chips, I don't go beyond much of that.

And if it's leaving grease around, or even really greasy pizza.... ick.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #15
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

it depends on the oils for me... sincerely. I love olive and grapeseed, but carotino is my favorite. I use it making popcorn, potato pancakes, fish, fried dough... you name it. it's delicious
Old 02-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #16
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I usually wind up in stomach misery after eating almost anything fried, but every once in a while I have a serious craving for french fries or fried seafood, or hot wings. There are a few restaurants whose fried foods have never made me sick, but even so, I don't want to push my luck by overdoing it. As long as I make it a now and then kind of thing and stick to those places I never had trouble with, I can enjoy it and not pay for it later.

Tracy
Old 02-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #17
mybluice

mybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot pics

I've noticed here lately that fried foods tend to make me sick to my stomach..but I believe that is because I generally don't eat them anymore and on the rare occasion that I do they don't sit well.
mybluice is offline   Reply With Quote