Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #8576
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
The only thing my wife has used her deep fryer for is 'rice balls' (basically take a piece of mozzarella cheese, wrap it in a couple of centimeters of risotto, coat that in panko bread crumbs, then deep fry the whole thing). They are the most amazing, hearty, addictive, 'snack' food imaginable. Making the risotto and rolling everything is still pretty time consuming, but being able to cook them up four at a time in the deep fryer makes the whole process somewhat more reasonable and safer.

Some day we'll make something else with it, really we will

That explains a lot *poke*
Old 03-10-2017, 03:24 AM   #8577
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
The only thing my wife has used her deep fryer for is 'rice balls' (basically take a piece of mozzarella cheese, wrap it in a couple of centimeters of risotto, coat that in panko bread crumbs, then deep fry the whole thing). They are the most amazing, hearty, addictive, 'snack' food imaginable. Making the risotto and rolling everything is still pretty time consuming, but being able to cook them up four at a time in the deep fryer makes the whole process somewhat more reasonable and safer.

Those risotto/mozzarella balls are indeed great - they're called "Suppli"(alla romana) in Rome or "arancini siciliani" (in Sicily) and are favorite starters there.
One of the few dishes I will go off my "no deep fried food"-rule for.

I simply can't stomach it well, sweet deep fried is worse than salty - way back since I was a kid. Adults always wondered why I said "no thank you" to donuts.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:23 AM   #8578
AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Those risotto/mozzarella balls are indeed great - they're called "Suppli"(alla romana) in Rome or "arancini siciliani" (in Sicily) and are favorite starters there.
One of the few dishes I will go off my "no deep fried food"-rule for.

I simply can't stomach it well, sweet deep fried is worse than salty - way back since I was a kid. Adults always wondered why I said "no thank you" to donuts.

Who says no thank you to donuts? Wow!
Old 03-10-2017, 06:28 AM   #8579
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Yes, arancini is what I know them as. The ones I get have peas and a little meat in tomato sauce with the mozzarella in the middle. Those are the large ones the size of, like, a fist. Delicious..
Old 03-10-2017, 06:50 AM   #8580
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yes, soo good. I had it at a restaurant once and fully plan to recreate the experience at home.

Those sound delicious, Tad!!

I want to try different cultures deep fried food, as well as stuff I've seen on food shows like Jonnycakes
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #8581
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

A bit nervous about starting a new job.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #8582
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
A bit nervous about starting a new job.
Tequila!

Errr, I mean, good luck, chin up, and they hired you because they want you -- walk in there with a swagger, they are excited that you are starting!
Old 03-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #8583
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks Tad. Truth is.. i haven't given notice at work yet. My background check just went through on friday. I will reach out to the new company tomorrow to make sure everything is ok. Once i know it is, then i will officially give notice. My worry is that this is when it gets busy at work and i kind of feel like i am leaving at the wrong time, but i have to look out for me. The new job is better hours, same work, a title of Administrator/Operations Manager plus more $. I could not pass it up.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:36 AM   #8584
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Grats!! You definately need to put you first.

When they were doing my background check I was irrationally nervous; like what if i committed a crime and forgot?!?
Old 03-13-2017, 05:50 AM   #8585
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Lol.. Xy.. that is how i feel. It is crazy. At least it will know today one way or another.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #8586
DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DianaSSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post

When they were doing my background check I was irrationally nervous; like what if i committed a crime and forgot?!?
I don't know about Canada, but here in Pennsylvania, it is very easy to do a State Police criminal background check, they do cost $10. All the information in entered online and you "Enter" submit. If no problems come up, a certificate can be printed from any computer right away. If a problem "red flag" appears you then receive a letter in the mail in about 10 days with the explanations.

I do them for work and for my mother's business all the time.

CONGRATULATIONS LUCCA!!
DianaSSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #8587
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post

The RCMP did a background check on me when I was becoming a Park Ranger. I loved that the document produced stated that "it appears the applicant has no criminal code convictions." I was thinking well if you guys don't know for sure who the hell does.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #8588
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSSBBW View Post
I don't know about Canada, but here in Pennsylvania, it is very easy to do a State Police criminal background check, they do cost $10. All the information in entered online and you "Enter" submit. If no problems come up, a certificate can be printed from any computer right away. If a problem "red flag" appears you then receive a letter in the mail in about 10 days with the explanations.

CONGRATULATIONS LUCCA!!
Thanks! extra characters for this post.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #8589
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSSBBW View Post

CONGRATULATIONS LUCCA!!
Thanks! extra characters for this post...........
Old 03-24-2017, 02:16 PM   #8590
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

I think I made my co-op cry today. Tried to give me the same bullshit "sure i'll do it" - but i am not his mom, so my response was "do what? How can you do it when you don't understand what i am asking for. Let's take the time to go over this together.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:33 PM   #8591
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I made that horrible social error where I asked if a lady was pregnant and she was really just fat.

Thankfully the lady in question was a cat and didn't care. She did then bite me though.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:25 AM   #8592
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

The caster/wheel on my big and tall man's office chair cracked when I sat down today. I assume it was defective and would have broken regardless of who sat on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170328_141634.jpg (127.5 KB, 82 views)
Old 03-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #8593
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
.... it was defective and would have broken regardless of who sat on it.
A likely story
Old 03-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #8594
AmandaLynn

Quote:
The caster/wheel on my big and tall man's office chair cracked when I sat down today. I assume it was defective and would have broken regardless of who sat on it.
This type of thing generally calls for a celebratory dessert!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:49 PM   #8595
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I made that horrible social error where I asked if a lady was pregnant and she was really just fat.

Thankfully the lady in question was a cat and didn't care. She did then bite me though.
How dare you! You should know that especially cats are extremely sensitive to fat shaming...

We had a dainty petite kitty who really went around constantly scoffing at all the big cats and then zooming up trees to continue pestering them from above, where they couldn't follow. Very embarrassing, but she got away with it since she was so cute.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:58 PM   #8596
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

IC that it has taken all that I have just to stay awake this afternoon at work. I feel bad for having been pretty much completely unproductive. Well, cleaned my desk up a bit, but other than that ....
Old 03-31-2017, 02:39 PM   #8597
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I note that the gas piston has done the thing where it's pushed through the base and is now touching the floor. #justfatguythings
Old 03-31-2017, 02:40 PM   #8598
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
I note that the gas piston has done the thing where it's pushed through the base and is now touching the floor. #justfatguythings
Hahaha, yeah they don't last long.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:36 AM   #8599
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

IC.. this new job is giving me anxiety.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:20 AM   #8600
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
IC.. this new job is giving me anxiety.

Maybe this will help: think about the most irritating people at your old job, and imagine them trying to do this one. It may not cure your anxiety, but at least you'll have a good laugh.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
confessions, i have no emotions, milk bags, random, xylophonaphobia, xynophobia