Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #2476
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

spookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging in

So the flaming lips have done a "Sgt peppers lonely hearts club band" cover album called with a little help from my fwends.

It's hard to decide how I feel about it after listening, it's certainly not an atrocious album but it just seems wrong to cover an album that was already so perfect.
spookytwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #2477
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Celtic-y metal, where have you been all my life??

Old 11-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #2478
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
Oh man, Eluveitie! Folk metal is delightful; there's a ton of it, and a lot of variety within the genre. So it goes with metal, generally. Ensiferum is also a pretty solid folk metal band:

Old 11-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #2479
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
can't lie, she could be singing the fraggle rock theme tune and i would have been so sold. Good find

on the second,(liked it too) it put me to mind of a metal cover of a proper old Mike Oldfield track.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:09 PM   #2480
Cookie

Cookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going on

Yay I love Eluveitie too!

Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:25 PM   #2481
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

please feel free to send me any metal covers.

Any.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #2482
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post

Any.
Any, you say?

Old 11-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #2483
Cookie

Cookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going onCookie knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post

Any.
Metal covers!! <3 Here's 5:

Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #2484
biglynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
nailed it!

4 miss one hit, id not heard the Sting of the bumblebee.

and the abba one is from a super cool album
http://www.amazon.com/Abba-Metal-Var.../dp/B00005L8KE

custards super trouper a personal fav
Old 11-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #2485
Cookie

The Super Trouper and Mr. Sandman covers are awesome
Old 11-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #2486
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

spookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging in

Not everybody's idea of metal but I love me some Birthday Massacre, adding 80's covers to the mix is just the best route to fun.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #2487
biglynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookytwigg View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eMyAbg6CWQ

Not everybody's idea of metal but I love me some Birthday Massacre, adding 80's covers to the mix is just the best route to fun.
Good work Spooky old boy, top covering!
Old 11-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #2488
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

I heard this version before I heard the original... But in my opinion it kinda walks all over it. Also their cover of Snowblind by Black Sabbath is great.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #2489
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Oh man, Eluveitie! Folk metal is delightful; there's a ton of it, and a lot of variety within the genre. So it goes with metal, generally. Ensiferum is also a pretty solid folk metal band:
They sound fantabulous, thank you!

Also, this cover's pretty decent

ETA: There's also a Relient K cover of this, but somehow, I prefer the above one. Even though it doesn't sound quite as....well-produced?

Last edited by ODFFA; 11-05-2014 at 12:24 AM.
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:24 AM   #2490
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Exclamation

I'd be remiss if I didn't link some of my favorite classical music metal covers. And a metal leekspin. Surely someone remembers leekspin. It was originally a Finnish folk song, so it makes sense that a Finnish band would perform it. Also, and feel free to mock me, an acapella metal cover of The Final Countdown. Pretty much every part of that seems worth mocking...yet I still enjoy it.

(I swear the first song picks up eventually. 3 min in.)

Last edited by Amaranthine; 11-05-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #2491
TwilightStarr

TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

In This Moment - Blood
TwilightStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 06:41 PM   #2492
biglynch

Remember that I said that I like cover versions, well this is a smart version.

Is being used as as part of a channel advert.

Enjoy
Old 11-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #2493
forp1940

forp1940 has said some nice things

I love system of a down's cover of metro. It is my second favorite song off the soundtrack of Dracula 2000. I adore the movie as well. good choice there spookytwigg
forp1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #2494
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

Another cover, one of my favourites (inspired by the release of the "art of McCartney" album today).
Old 11-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #2495
forp1940

forp1940 has said some nice things

Never heard that one til now of course. I really like that one. You got anymore lol?
forp1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #2496
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default On "Celty-y" music, something I've noticed along the way...

I dunno if it has something to do with the breadth or scale or scope of the Irish Diaspora; but, for anything with an even vaguely Irish flavor, it can generally find a somewhat comfortable local niche. To where a lot of these bands, I'm sure, are fairly successful commercially-speaking, even if there are many more potential listeners that have never even heard of them.

E.g., when I was in school, this one band we'd always go to see wherever the were playing, especially around St. Patrick's:

"Forty Shades of Blue"- Black 47

Always a great time, fantastic shows in small(ish), more intimate venues (literally, a bar, packed to the gills). Weirdly, outside of NYC or the Capital District/Hudson Valley, you talk to people who you'd otherwise think would be into it and it's like they've never even heard of them!?

Similarly, these other guys are huge all around New England. But I wonder how many of the rest of you are more familiar with the rest of their songs, aside from this more recognizable cover:

Finnegan's Wake - DropKick Murphys

Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #2497
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Old 11-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #2498
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My favourite singer is coming out with a new album with his longtime backup band, The Dukes. I'm super stoked.

Check it out, LeoGibson!
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #2499
TwilightStarr

TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TwilightStarr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Payback - Flaw

Kickin' it old school, listening to my boys Flaw! \m/

I miss those kids, haven't seen them in FOREVER!!
TwilightStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #2500
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I kind of like how this noise seems to drown out all of everything else....

Although it kind of takes a while to develop.

Dream House - Deaf Heaven

Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fat music