Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 02-24-2015, 11:10 AM   #2526
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I feel like such a newb but I can't figure out how you all are embedding your videos.

I bet i'll feel like an ass when I find out. Haha
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #2527
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
I feel like such a newb but I can't figure out how you all are embedding your videos.

I bet i'll feel like an ass when I find out. Haha
I just copy the YouTube link directly from the address bar and it's been embedding...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #2528
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My favourite guy playing a song off his new album Terraplane.

Well shit, I was using the actual Youtube link. How silly of me. Haha

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #2529
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^I only figured that out fairly recently as well.

Maybe it has something to do with a software update.

This band, I think they're kind of interesting in how they rotate the singing duties from one song to the next. It's not really my scene, but Saoirse got me into them:

Also, I post it in here as something of an example for some of you (on BHM board) who are already making your own music. But, maybe, at times, are feeling limited by the quality of your own voice. As these guys, none of them- really, have any kind of spectacular singing talent. Because that's not really what any of it is about, the technical quality of a(nyone's) voice or any such instrument. It's really more about what you're doing with it. What you're saying, the substance. And the sincerity. The energy going into it and coming out.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:42 AM   #2530
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default What my soul sounds like

I shall adopt you as my theme song, and I shall nickname you "OD's Theme Song."

Did I mention it's instrumental? Sorry about that. Not really.
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:29 AM   #2531
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I needed some new music to listen to this morning (just one of those days) and you all delivered handsomely! Thanks Surly, Yakatori, Odette

BTW, the reason that I needed some other music was that this song has been stuck in my head since my son played the CD last night….country isn’t my thing, broadly speaking, but there are plenty of exceptions and Corb Lund is one of them. But although I like the song, 16 hours of it running through my head is enough now, so I'll pass it along to you all....

Old 03-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #2532
Surlysomething

Corb Lund is some good stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I needed some new music to listen to this morning (just one of those days) and you all delivered handsomely! Thanks Surly, Yakatori, Odette

BTW, the reason that I needed some other music was that this song has been stuck in my head since my son played the CD last night….country isn’t my thing, broadly speaking, but there are plenty of exceptions and Corb Lund is one of them. But although I like the song, 16 hours of it running through my head is enough now, so I'll pass it along to you all....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S00y75ebq8
Old 03-10-2015, 09:02 AM   #2533
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Quote:
Corb Lund is some good stuff!

I like me some Corb Lund but Hayes Carll is the real deal. If you don't know his music, you should. A few good ones to start would be, Bad Liver And A Broken Heart, Little Rock, and She Left Me For Jesus.

No I'm off to spotify The Hurtin' Albertan!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #2534
Surlysomething

I need to check him out for sure.

Thanks, R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I like me some Corb Lund but Hayes Carll is the real deal. If you don't know his music, you should. A few good ones to start would be, Bad Liver And A Broken Heart, Little Rock, and She Left Me For Jesus.

No I'm off to spotify The Hurtin' Albertan!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:26 AM   #2535
Surlysomething

Everytime I hear this song I wish I was driving on the freeway singing the hell out of it.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #2536
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^Hmm...

Elton John's kind of interesting. I feel like he's both, simultaneously, under and overrated. Overrated by a large part of his fan-base (older gays who like piano bars & show-tunes, moms who like soft-rock hits). Still, too readily dismissed by many without much appreciation of whatever's solidly in those particular styles.

Which, I think, the campy sort of context he seems trapped in, has something to do with how much and fluidly he borrows from one genre to the next. Like the Dead or Stones; but, obviously, without that kind of live-performance following. Where quite as many musicians are both hearing and talking about it all together. And, that he's "just half" of a song-writing team of which the other half is largely invisible.

From one of my favorite of his albums:

We All Fall in Love Sometimes - Elton John
Old 03-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #2537
Surlysomething

I think he's had a pretty amazing career. He's talented enough to flow through each generation and be relevant. I really love going back though and revisiting where he started. His voice was strong and clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Elton John's kind of interesting. I feel like he's both, simultaneously, under and overrated. Overrated by a large part of his fan-base (older gays who like piano bars & show-tunes, moms who like soft-rock hits). Still, too readily dismissed by many without much appreciation of whatever's solidly in those particular styles.

Which, I think, the campy sort of context he seems trapped in, has something to do with how much and fluidly he borrows from one genre to the next. Like the Dead or Stones; but, obviously, without that kind of live-performance following. Where quite as many musicians are both hearing and talking about it all together. And, that he's "just half" of a song-writing team of which the other half is largely invisible.

From one of my favorite of his albums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpJqesGI-vA

We All Fall in Love Sometimes - Elton John
Old 03-15-2015, 11:36 PM   #2538
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Default This one goes out to....

The End of Radio - Shellac
Old 03-17-2015, 10:09 AM   #2539
Surlysomething

this song is pure sex..
Old 03-24-2015, 09:02 AM   #2540
Surlysomething

Still so freakin' badass.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:15 PM   #2541
Surlysomething

Hits me right in the feelings...

Old 04-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #2542
Surlysomething

New!

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Freedom Tower - No Wave Dance Party 2015

I saw these guys a few times back in the day and they rip shit UP!
Old 04-13-2015, 09:27 AM   #2543
Surlysomething

And then there's this: Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color

You're welcome.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #2544
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Willie and Merle. 'nuff said

It's All Going To Pot
Old 05-03-2015, 08:41 PM   #2545
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Default These guys just put out a new album...

But this is the one that....

Kind of weird, are they. English, their's is pretty good, yah?
Old 05-21-2015, 10:33 AM   #2546
Surlysomething

Hands down the best U2 song ever recorded.

I've seen them three times. Once in the 80's and twice in the 90's.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #2547
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Further proof that the Germans are the masters of interesting, yet perfect music combinations. And anything to do with metal.

This one's light classical & electro-medieval. Just gorgeous.

This one's also folksy, but much harder and much more modern. Usually I'm not a fan of lots of speaking + some growling. But this! Gah
ETA: Another little bonus - as far as I can make out, the lyrics aren't even all that dark. Title translation = Fly With Me

Old 06-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #2548
Surlysomething

Old 06-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #2549
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
Further proof that the Germans are the masters of interesting, yet perfect music combinations. And anything to do with metal.

This one's light classical & electro-medieval. Just gorgeous.
I know essentially no German, however this song ended up being perfect for me this afternoon.

a) great sound to it!
b) I was writing instructions on how to perform tests that don't exist yet, and for which we haven't even defined the equipment. So listening to something I didn't understand seemed thematically appropriate
Old 06-05-2015, 05:54 AM   #2550
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

Quote:
I know essentially no German, however this song ended up being perfect for me this afternoon.

a) great sound to it!
b) I was writing instructions on how to perform tests that don't exist yet, and for which we haven't even defined the equipment. So listening to something I didn't understand seemed thematically appropriate
Yay! Delighted that it could provide you with aural and metaphorical solace. Day made

Quote:

*Ryan Adams - Lucky Now*
What a brilliant song. It reminded me of my favourite Anne of Green Gables quote: “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

Tags
fat music