Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 04-13-2009, 07:11 AM   #151
Uriel
Nacho Ninja

Uriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticed

I just picked up a Camille Saint-Saens Guitar Etudes CD. I haven't listened to it yet, but I will later this afternoon.

Reborn in Fire and Pain... (shrug) It builds Character.
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #152
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico

Greatest debut album ever. It is solidified by being deeply connected with the Andy Warhol installation art pieces of that era. I could listen to this album for 1000 years.
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #153
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Got the FuGees on repeat for the past month now.
What can I say? Lauren Hill=amazing.

Also, lots of Motown recently. Jackson 5 and the Temptations in particular.

*looks back on the thread, realizes that his choices are very different than everyone elses*
black sheep anyone?
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:01 AM   #154
StarScream!
Decepticon

StarScream! does more than just post hot picsStarScream! does more than just post hot picsStarScream! does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Try Emily Haines' solo stuff if you like that... equally haunting.
Wow, awesome stuff. It is very haunting, I like that.

I've been listening to City and Colour tonight. Dallas Green is an amazing song writer, and singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q6SnVWakkY
StarScream! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:47 AM   #155
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Today, I'm listening to Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan's Sunday at Devil Dirt. While it's mostly Lanegan's broken baritone vocals, Campbell's folksy guitar and eerie backup vocals make it one of the best... contemporary folk I guess, or spooky americana.

And I've been rocking the Nightwatch Man - One Man Revolution.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:12 AM   #156
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm feeling like an extra big bitch today (and have probably just made the bitchiest post of my entire Dims career on another thread....), thus, I am now listening to some X-P8
Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #157
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I found my long-lost Supertramp Breakfast in America cd last night.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #158
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream! View Post
Wow, awesome stuff. It is very haunting, I like that.

I've been listening to City and Colour tonight. Dallas Green is an amazing song writer, and singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q6SnVWakkY
I love everything Emily is involved in, haha.
It's funny, since I live in the Niagara region, Dallas is a HUGE celebrity here. His album was our #1 seller at work for months.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #159
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
I'm feeling like an extra big bitch today (and have probably just made the bitchiest post of my entire Dims career on another thread....), thus, I am now listening to some X-P8

Hahaha. Bitchy, but lolworthy.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #160
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
today i was listening to the peacocks...so not metal but good tunes i dig it their music is delicious!

what album? I like them.
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #161
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
I would love to see Mudvayne in concert
I saw them twice. They were awesome. Once was at the Trocadero in Philly which is this really tiny venue. I was like 5 feet from them. To be honest, I only really like L.D. 50, though.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #162
Smite
Here Comes Your Man

Smite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized repSmite has super-sized rep

I've taken an extreme liking to Metallica the past few days
Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #163
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smite View Post
I've taken an extreme liking to Metallica the past few days
Haha... I just love how bummed you are about it.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #164
~da rev~
Call me Axel

~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board

No reason to be bummed. Unless you're liking St. Anger. Then you should be very bummed.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #165
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Death Magnetic is pretty laughable too, imo.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #166
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

Dan and myself have just been blasting out some black metal... In Norwegain.

Now THAT is hardcore XD
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:38 AM   #167
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkykitten View Post
Dan and myself have just been blasting out some black metal... In Norwegain.

Now THAT is hardcore XD
But black metal is louder than hardcore (especially most Scandinavian stuff), so hardcore black metal would be blacker metal, really black metal... Carbon metal!
Old 04-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #168
StarScream!
Decepticon

StarScream! does more than just post hot picsStarScream! does more than just post hot picsStarScream! does more than just post hot pics

Listening to 36 Crazyfists, my favorite band.
StarScream! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #169
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm just loving this song today. I don't know why, but it's damn catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Old 04-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #170
Uriel
Nacho Ninja

Uriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticedUriel never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankman View Post
But black metal is louder than hardcore (especially most Scandinavian stuff), so hardcore black metal would be blacker metal, really black metal... Carbon metal!

Ha, I spotted Sick of it All in your Sig. I saw them, Summer of 91, I think. New Titans on the Block Tour...Sepultura,Napalm Death, Sacred Reich, and SOIA. They were the 'alternative act' for the evening. Not my cup of tea,but pretentious hardcore kids are always so shocked that I had seen them.

That was the most brutal pit ever...2 guys ended up with broken legs, and there was...a Table being carried aloft in a big circle, slamming into people. A table.

Um...A Table? Hehehe. The surprised merch guy, when some dudes ran up and shouted 'Quick, we need this for the Pit!!!' and stole his big fold-out table.

Reborn in Fire and Pain... (shrug) It builds Character.
Uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #171
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post
For some reason, I can't stop listening to "Lovely Rita" as of late. That and the Black Keys have been owning me.
I drove from Arizona to Texas and then back again, this song played a few times. I quite enjoy it.

Quote:
Wow, being a total postwhore, and I love Stevie Ray Vaughan, but I feel like Frank Zappa gets slighted when it comes to the greatest all-time guitarists. I feel like he's one of the greatest songwriters and guitarists of all time, but he gets no love. Listen to Hot Rats or Lumpy Gravy and tell me he's not amazing. I think he was just way ahead of his time.
I think you quite nailed this as well, the guy was an amazing musician, not just as a player, but as a visionary, I'm not a big fan, but he was amazing, and WAY ahead of his time.

My tastes are tame at the moment,

a new Death Cab for Cutie EP,
Wings
Jack Johnson
And Yo-Yo Ma, playing the Bach Cello Suites.
Hozay J Garseeya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #172
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
Ha, I spotted Sick of it All in your Sig. I saw them, Summer of 91, I think. New Titans on the Block Tour...Sepultura,Napalm Death, Sacred Reich, and SOIA. They were the 'alternative act' for the evening. Not my cup of tea,but pretentious hardcore kids are always so shocked that I had seen them.

That was the most brutal pit ever...2 guys ended up with broken legs, and there was...a Table being carried aloft in a big circle, slamming into people. A table.

Um...A Table? Hehehe. The surprised merch guy, when some dudes ran up and shouted 'Quick, we need this for the Pit!!!' and stole his big fold-out table.
I always considered Sepultura to be hardcore too. Honorable mention. They're hardrocky and not really metal like other metal acts. They were great though. I saw them around '99/'00.

I always dig going to nights with crazy bills, digging punk but looking like the Descendents. I've been drunk on a Goth night (they had V&V nation, which I always thought was electro, but they were welcomed like Bauhaus), I've been at some uber-small local grindcore festival. That was great though. The last band played in the basement of the venue, and people were continuously bumping their heads, bashing their knees against random pipelines and drains. It added to the ambiance.

I've seen 3 foot chicks deck 6 foot guys, I know of people breaking noses, teeth and other stuff. Hell, I saw a guy bleeding from the ears once...
But I have never. in my life. seen a table being carried into the pit.

That's just insane
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #173
rg770Ibanez
goochmaster

rg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going on

Hell yeah PTH is where it's at!! What is this flotsam & jetsam you speak of? Hey you should check out Animals as Leaders, kind of repetitive but they wrote and recorded the album in a month's time. Makes me want to quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
*Avoids useless 'best guitarist' debate, tempting though it may be...*

I've been listening to Fortress, by Protest the Hero a lot, as well as Doomsday for the Deceiver, by Flotsam & Jetsam, my favorite release for the last 23 years, with no sign of being displaced, ever.

-Uriel
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #174
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Been on a big Minus The Bear kick lately.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:27 AM   #175
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Been on a big Minus The Bear kick lately.
Where do you guys keep finding bands with such retarded names??

*listens to Anal Cunt*

Tags
fat music