Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #6626
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.
CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My sister-in-law's FB status was about eating something 'evil' and her being so 'bad' for eating it and she got a lot of affirmation from others agreeing how sinful it was but she's usually a good girl and it really upsets me. I hate that kind of language and power given to food. I know I can't control how people behave and it's her own FB wall but it just took me aback how blatant she and quite a few mutual friends were about it. I'm not even going to comment on it. She knows how I feel, but I guess when you surround yourself with people who encourage that, you forget who might see it from another perspective. Funny how she was complaining the other day about how other people's stuff on their walls is so offensive and they should keep it to themselves because children can be watching and she's more aware than ever because my 15 year old nephew is on FB now, but I guess it never occurred to her that it starts at home and maybe that's why the kid struggles with an eating disorder himself.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #6627
Saoirse
Master Member

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Im leaving for vacation on Tuesday. Gonna meet up with a buddy and we're gonna get nasty for a few days. I havent had sex in over a month, so Im really excited to see him... BUT IM SUPPOSED TO HAVE MY PERIOD NEXT WEEK!!!!

not that it will stop us, but it really is a pain to clean up. fml!

Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #6628
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
Im leaving for vacation on Tuesday. Gonna meet up with a buddy and we're gonna get nasty for a few days. I havent had sex in over a month, so Im really excited to see him... BUT IM SUPPOSED TO HAVE MY PERIOD NEXT WEEK!!!!

Somebody wrote Dan Savage about Soft Cups, which collect the blood for up to 12 hours and allegedly can't be felt during sex.

www.softcup.com

I've never tried them, and you shouldn't use them if you have an IUD, but it might be worth a shot.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #6629
Surlysomething
Vancougar

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
My sister-in-law's FB status was about eating something 'evil' and her being so 'bad' for eating it and she got a lot of affirmation from others agreeing how sinful it was but she's usually a good girl and it really upsets me. I hate that kind of language and power given to food. I know I can't control how people behave and it's her own FB wall but it just took me aback how blatant she and quite a few mutual friends were about it. I'm not even going to comment on it. She knows how I feel, but I guess when you surround yourself with people who encourage that, you forget who might see it from another perspective. Funny how she was complaining the other day about how other people's stuff on their walls is so offensive and they should keep it to themselves because children can be watching and she's more aware than ever because my 15 year old nephew is on FB now, but I guess it never occurred to her that it starts at home and maybe that's why the kid struggles with an eating disorder himself.
Food shame once again. It's everywhere.

My office co-workers always say they're being 'bad' and I question it every single time. me- "bad? what do you mean?" them - "oh, I shouldn't have this" me -"why?", them - *blank stare*, me - "I think you should have two"

Why don't you reply?
Old 04-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #6630
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post

I'm not sure how much it'd cost or how much of a hassle it'd be to get, but here in the land of free healthcare, Norethisterone is your friend in these situations!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #6631
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.
penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I want my new mattress now. This one has me waking up sore
Old 04-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #6632
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
I'm not sure how much it'd cost or how much of a hassle it'd be to get, but here in the land of free healthcare, Norethisterone is your friend in these situations!
Or barring that, if you're on any combo birth control pill, you can just start your new pack (doing 6 weeks of active pills straight) and put off your period by another three weeks. I used to do this all the time for vacations, special events, etc. before I was forced onto progestin only pills.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #6633
TwilightStarr
Master Member

TwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilightStarr is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My phone doesn't allow 3 party phone calls from correctional facilities!
SERIOUSLY?!?! It's my motherfuckin choice if I want to accept those phone calls!!!!!!!!!
TwilightStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #6634
balletguy
Master Member

balletguy knows EXACTLY what's going onballetguy knows EXACTLY what's going onballetguy knows EXACTLY what's going onballetguy knows EXACTLY what's going onballetguy knows EXACTLY what's going on

It's Sunday night...where did the weekend go????
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #6635
Saoirse
Master Member

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Aunt Flo arrived a few days early, which is good! All systems gooooooooooooooooooooo
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #6636
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Breathing in so much dust after moving furniture that hasn't been moved in years really made my sinuses go overboard. I feel like sneezing constantly. Also we found out while moving the bed that our bedrail is trashed, need a new one until i can build a platform bed. (I am good with wood. huh huh huh)
Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #6637
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.
CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pipe under the kitchen sink broke. Minor flooding, but I caught it quickly.
Had to shut off hot water to the entire house though. Might be able to fix it myself.

At least it happened before I got around to flushing the hot water system with bleach tomorrow morning! (Caustic bleach solution spraying everywhere would NOT have been fun.)

-Rusty
(and so is the plumbing)
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #6638
Jeeshcristina

Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
Pipe under the kitchen sink broke. Minor flooding, but I caught it quickly.
Had to shut off hot water to the entire house though. Might be able to fix it myself.

At least it happened before I got around to flushing the hot water system with bleach tomorrow morning! (Caustic bleach solution spraying everywhere would NOT have been fun.)

-Rusty
(and so is the plumbing)
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, but like you said, at least you don't have bleach spewing out everywhere. That would have been a mess!!!!!

Good luck, I hope you're handy!
Jeeshcristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #6639
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Breathing in so much dust after moving furniture that hasn't been moved in years really made my sinuses go overboard. I feel like sneezing constantly. Also we found out while moving the bed that our bedrail is trashed, need a new one until i can build a platform bed. (I am good with wood. huh huh huh)
Turns out the broken bedframe might be why my bed sucked so bad! I slept SOOO well last night with the mattress and box springs on the floor. So we might just keep it like that until i can build our bed. (we're buying tools with our tax money)
Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #6640
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Good For You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Turns out the broken bedframe might be why my bed sucked so bad! I slept SOOO well last night with the mattress and box springs on the floor. So we might just keep it like that until i can build our bed. (we're buying tools with our tax money)
Good for you!!! I was going to tell you to avoid credit & borrowing in an earlier post. You'd be amazed how many couples "go under" because they have the notion that home ownership, especially when purchasing for that home, qualifies them for unlimited credit with forever to repay.

Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #6641
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Good for you!!! I was going to tell you to avoid credit & borrowing in an earlier post. You'd be amazed how many couples "go under" because they have the notion that home ownership, especially when purchasing for that home, qualifies them for unlimited credit with forever to repay.
I hate using credit. We bought our fridge on credit but loath doing so. It was a good deal, no interest for a year and we didn't get an uber expensive fridge. We try to live without using credit as much as we can. We got our state tax refund yesterday and will be using it to buy a new tv for our bedroom. (now that we have an extra bedroom, we need another tv) I prefer living within our means.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #6642
Deven
I Am Groot

Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This will sound petty, but this really annoyed me.

People that don't wait for a response before posting something on Facebook.

A friend of mine was posting Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy posts, and my friends and I were going back and forth with quotes/jokes. This is sorta how it went:

My Friend: Without 42, there'd be no answers. 10 minutes ago
Me: Now I want a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. 8 minutes ago
Friend of Friend #1: Whatever happened to the whale? 5 minutes ago
Friend of Friend #2: Are we just saying weird quotes or something? 3 minutes ago.
Friend of Friend #2: I guess it just means weird quotes. I can sing in sign language!! 1 minute ago

It effectively killed the post. I understand that maybe he wanted to be part of it, but seriously. Wait more than 2 minutes to get an answer to a question. ..
Old 04-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #6643
Tracyarts
Master Member

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I found out that the county law enforcement officer who lives across the street ran a check on the license plate of an old guy who mows lawns in the area for extra money. He found out that the guy was convicted of some kind of major crime over 20 years ago and was telling people about it so that we wouldn't let the guy do our yards to keep him away from our neighborhood, homes, and families.

It really made me feel weird, because what was his rationale for running the lawn guy's plates anyway? Does he run the plates of everybody who comes and goes from the cul-de-sac? Has he run my plates? My husband's plates? My other significant other's plates? Our friends' plates? Family members' plates? It seems really invasive, and I feel really icky about the whole situation. Maybe it's just a culture clash. I grew up inside a huge city where people tended to mind their own business unless invited to get all up in yours. Where I live now is kind of like the suburbs and a small town mixed together and it's a completely different way of life.

We decided that we're not going to stop letting the old guy do our lawn, because we really couldn't care less what he did that long ago. He does a good job at a fair price. And if that pisses anybody else in the cul-de-sac off, so be it. We're already "those" neighbors for various reasons, so it's not like we have a reputation to lose at this point. But I'm sure that the lawn guy will be ran off or harassed to the point of moving on soon enough anyway.

I just have a major case of the creeps over it. And not because the lawn guy is an ex-con.

Tracy
Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #6644
Deven
I Am Groot

Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
*snipped*
I just have a major case of the creeps over it. And not because the lawn guy is an ex-con.
And it doesn't mean that he's still the person he was before he went it. There is an ex-con I know who did a complete turnaround after he did a year for a few things.

Prison changes people in different ways.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #6645
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeshcristina View Post
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, but like you said, at least you don't have bleach spewing out everywhere. That would have been a mess!!!!!

Good luck, I hope you're handy!
Thank you.

Will fix it tomorrow morning -- had planned to do it last night, but discovered that one part I thought could re-use, wasn't reusable.

While waiting, I figured out a faster way to get the bleach-water out of the tank, that eliminates the risk that a leak could damage carpeting in the house. So, it's all good.

-Rusty
Old 04-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #6646
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

My head hurts so bad! I stupidly packed the tylenol. Its now sitting up at the house in the kitchen. Every sneeze feels like my eyes will explode.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #6647
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Quote:
Thank you.

Will fix it tomorrow morning -- had planned to do it last night, but discovered that one part I thought could re-use, wasn't reusable.

While waiting, I figured out a faster way to get the bleach-water out of the tank, that eliminates the risk that a leak could damage carpeting in the house. So, it's all good.

-Rusty
Fixed, and not leaking!

Now to flush the system out...

-Rusty
Old 04-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #6648
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Old Plumber's Joke

Quote:
Fixed, and not leaking!

Now to flush the system out...

-Rusty
Your post reminded me of this plumber's joke: If the rate of fluid escape is matched by the evaporation rate of said fluid, then there is no leak.

Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #6649
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Ugh. Whoever remodeled the kitchen put a weird water hookup in the fridge hole. So they didn't have a fitting to hookwater up for my gorgeous fridge. I hope we find a work around for it.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #6650
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Your post reminded me of this plumber's joke: If the rate of fluid escape is matched by the evaporation rate of said fluid, then there is no leak.
Oh, there's some of that going on too. There was a continual leak in the never-used second-bathroom shower for years, which only finally stopped when the leak was clogged by sediment from the pipes...

I'm actually going to avoid flushing/sterilizing that end of the system until I can replace those pipes. Which will require tearing out drywall to get at the back of the shower -- it's either that or tear out ceramic tiles.

Just have to undo half a century of entropy.

I'll be at this a while. I half expect that I'll end up replacing the entire plumbing system by the time I'm done.

-Rusty

Last edited by CleverBomb; 04-05-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Tags
annoying, rant