Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 02-25-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Immobility: is anyone comfortable with becoming immobile

i was just reading a thread and a young FA said he thought that there might not be anyone who wants to be immobile. it holds a certain attraction for him as it does for many people on dims. i'm totally reserving any value judgements on that per say--re: health etc which has been discussed here ad nauseum already. what i was wondering if anyone is , knows of or has met someone who would actually like to be immobile or someone who is already and is truly happy with it. what i mean is that its NOT just a fantasy. i know some guys who have been looking for 30-35 years who say they have never found someone who truly wanted to be immobile and i was wondering if that were true.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Jack Secret
tickle my amygdala

Jack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default speaking for myself

I realize that I don't fit in this topic exactly but I think some of my opinions and experiences may offer a bit about the reality of being truly immobile.

I'm sure many of you are aware of my situation. For those who don't know I was paralyzed in a fall on February 12, 2007. There is a romantic fantasy of eating or being fed to immobility but the fantasy stops about right there.

In my case I must have assistance to do pretty much anything. I can feed myself so others do that for me [of course having a feeder would be pretty erotic]. All of my personal hygiene is dependent on another. This includes peeing and pooping.

Keep in mind I'll wait about 170 pounds so I can be moved around with relative ease. I really don't have to worry about bedsores with me being so lightweight nor do I have problems getting a shower about three days a week.I believe everybody kind of gets my point.

I read a lot on the boards here expressing desire of being immobile or helping someone achieve that goal. I'm sure most of it is pure fantasy but for those who truly desire being in that situation... I'm just wondering if they've even thought about the harsh reality.

God knows I don't say all of this to stomp on anyone's desires. Just wondered if people think about these issues.

Craig
Jack Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i have to admit my recent brush with even the thought of paralysis got me to thinking as well. i just had a relatively monor spinal cord injury and luckily i'm healing well. i walk a little funny but a little less funny every week with the help of my physical therapists. i have a driver and i don't even like that. but what really got me was the post i mentioned this morning. i wonder how people might cope mentally as well. even though i never wanted to be immobile, i really didn't know how much i appreciated my independence until now.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
That1BigGirl
Bella Nom Noms

That1BigGirl does more than just post hot picsThat1BigGirl does more than just post hot picsThat1BigGirl does more than just post hot picsThat1BigGirl does more than just post hot pics

Being immobile is probably one of my biggest fears. Be it through feeding, accident or just being locked up in handcuffs (hence why I stay out of trouble). I don't know where this fear started, and I really don't want to get to a point where I need to face it.

Today will always be remembered as the day I was asked, "So, do fat women wear pants?" And I was standing in front of them wearing blue jeans. :doh:
That1BigGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can't imagine enjoying being unable to move, but then I can't imagine enjoying NASCAR racing, either -- and lots of people do.* But if someone seriously thinks he or she might like being immobile, that person might consider having himself/herself injected with curare. I understand that it induces a complete paralysis, which nevertheless wears off over a short time. You could thus test your reaction without doing anything irrevocable.

*Being immobile at a NASCAR race is pretty much my idea of hell.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
marlowegarp
I wanna meet that dad

marlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging in

I AM not speaking definitively here, so if I am wrong, please do not kill me. I BELIEVE one of the Bombshells is seriously into it.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowegarp View Post
I AM not speaking definitively here, so if I am wrong, please do not kill me. I BELIEVE one of the Bombshells is seriously into it.
I think anyone can browse the erotic feeding board and find a thread entitled "My 1,000 Pound Goal." The first post pretty much says it all.

Breathe easy, marlowegarp.. I think you're safe.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
marlowegarp
I wanna meet that dad

marlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging in

Hey, I'm gonna feel pretty silly if I can't go to the Jersey Bash because I've been sued for Dims-libel!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
Jack Secret
tickle my amygdala

Jack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Thumbs up my biggest fear

my biggest fear is to find myself confined to a nursing home because my caregiver died and I had no family to reach out to.

No one has asked me for my advice but if I was striving for immobility I would make damn sure I had a close loving family to reach out to.

I'm really starting to sound like I am preaching or something. I truly don't mean to sound as such.

--c
Old 02-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
marlowegarp
I wanna meet that dad

Dude, I would say you can preach 'til the cows come home. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Location: Kansas City, MO (Most of KC is in Missouri and not Kansas, just FYI.)
Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I had a brush with immobility a few years ago due to an injury. My weight complicated the healing process and thus everything else was a bit complicated, too.

Being a fat chick is just a part of who I am and I very much doubt it will ever change. However, my independence is something I absolutely cherish. I appreciate it down to my soul and would not willingly give it up for any kind of fantasy in this world.

My answer to the OP is - no, I would NOT be comfortable with becoming immobile due to my weight.

This is not meant to imply that I believe large people who are immobile are unhappy. I think happy is possible in any number of challenging circumstances because there are some people who have that special determination to always feel positive no matter what. (And I both envy and admire those people.)

No judgments on those of a different opinion - I just don't think I'm the kind of person who would be comfortable or happy in a state of self-inflicted immobility.

Hear the Twitter Patter of Little Tweets.
http://bit.ly/BuffieTweets
Buffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #12
HugeFan

HugeFan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHugeFan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm not really sure where I stand on this question, other than to say that I do have a particular affinity for women on the bigger end of 'super size.' I have never been in a long-term relationship with someone facing immobility due to their weight, but have been in one where there were significant medical issues that did lead to mobility, health, even hygiene issues, and yeah, it definitely can be difficult, and put strain on even the strongest relationship. This is an area that everyone must walk into with eyes wide open; however, when we're talking about weight as the disability, I believe it's impossible not to--you don't go to sleep one day at 180 lbs and wake up 300 pounds heavier.

I would also submit that while Jack obviously has insights that most of us don't have, and that I really appreciate him sharing them, I think some of this ends up comparing apples to oranges (or pears, or whatever fruit-term we're using for the female form these days--I'm a fan of a nice butternut squash.) There is a pretty big difference between suffering a traumatic spinal cord injury, or inducing chemical paralysis, and the mobility issues associated with the upper ranges of weight.
HugeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #13
Jack Secret
tickle my amygdala

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeFan View Post
I'm not really sure where I stand on this question, other than to say that I do have a particular affinity for women on the bigger end of 'super size.' I have never been in a long-term relationship with someone facing immobility due to their weight, but have been in one where there were significant medical issues that did lead to mobility, health, even hygiene issues, and yeah, it definitely can be difficult, and put strain on even the strongest relationship. This is an area that everyone must walk into with eyes wide open; however, when we're talking about weight as the disability, I believe it's impossible not to--you don't go to sleep one day at 180 lbs and wake up 300 pounds heavier.

I would also submit that while Jack obviously has insights that most of us don't have, and that I really appreciate him sharing them, I think some of this ends up comparing apples to oranges (or pears, or whatever fruit-term we're using for the female form these days--I'm a fan of a nice butternut squash.) There is a pretty big difference between suffering a traumatic spinal cord injury, or inducing chemical paralysis, and the mobility issues associated with the upper ranges of weight.
I completely agree with you. Weight -based immobility versus a spinal cord related paralysis/immobility or two different animals... But not by much. I'm thinking kitty cats and lions.

Interesting topic!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #14
marlowegarp
I wanna meet that dad

No doubt about it. One nice thing about the Dims membership is the diversity, which carries over into EVERYTHING. Sexual orientations, lifestyles, countries and of course, fetishes and fascinations.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #15
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I used to chat with a man who would often mention that he loved the idea of becoming immobile (it was part of a master/slave fantasy). He seemed sincere, but of course, this is the internet.....

I would assume that there are a select few people who would take pleasure in being immobile, but you probably have a better chance of finding a cat that shits $100 bills than one of these individuals.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #16
luv_lovehandles

luv_lovehandles can now change their title

No being paralyzed is a great fear of mine... I wouldnt want to ever be immobile or ever be with someone who is..
luv_lovehandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowegarp View Post
i hope she posts here. i'd love to hear what she has to say about it. and i hope if she decides to come on and educate us people won't give her grief ust because its not their personal choice.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #18
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
I used to chat with a man who would often mention that he loved the idea of becoming immobile (it was part of a master/slave fantasy). He seemed sincere, but of course, this is the internet.....

I would assume that there are a select few people who would take pleasure in being immobile, but you probably have a better chance of finding a cat that shits $100 bills than one of these individuals.
i had that experience too. i wasn;t trying to date the guy but we were friends. the thing i found most interesting was that i his non- fantasy life he is probably one of the most citve people i know. he is into extreme sprts. camping , hiking, biking, nearly anything ative that you could mention. but immobility is still his dream.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #19
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Secret View Post
I completely agree with you. Weight -based immobility versus a spinal cord related paralysis/immobility or two different animals... But not by much. I'm thinking kitty cats and lions.

Interesting topic!
but maybe the biggest difference would be emotional. if you have an injury people tend to feel sorry for you and say how brave you are. if its from weight gain they probably give you grief for being selfish and being a burden when you didn't have to be.

wow and what if your caregiver was an FA or an FFA who wanted you at that size and they died suddenly or just dipped ( as my nephew would say). you'd have to struggle to find someone to help and they probably wouldn't be somebody that got any benefit from it. if an FA or FFA is the ne helping out at least you'd know they get some pleasure from it even if it is difficult.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Definitely not comfortable.

Until recently, I never really thought about it actually...that it could be something that affected my life (and my loved ones' lives) in a real way. I'm young, normally able bodied, and pretty active for a fat chick so I although I knew there were people on the web who intentionally wanted to gain and I knew sometimes people became immobile through circumstances out of their control...it was, how do I put it? Far away, out of sight, out of mind. It was those other people, not me, so to speak. But, when you are face to face with an ugly truth of what could be, it scares the hotpants off you.

All I know is, having a health issue changes your perspective on ALOT and it kind of humbles you and forces you to check your ego. Giving up my personal freedom to roam where I please (and trust me, I'm definitely a roamer kinda person), not be able to fully take in all life has to offer and live my best life would really mess with my head.

excuse me if I'm not making sense...meds are kicking in.

Last edited by ashmamma84; 02-26-2009 at 09:44 PM.
ashmamma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #21
Pauline

Pauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticed
Smile

At over 700lbs....i qualify to answer! I AM semi-immobile, it is NOT fun at all. I realize no one has said that it is fun and i realize 90% of talk about it is fantasy but trust me....its depressing and makes you feel helpless. Can you imagine having a itch on your buns or your lower middle back and not only can you not reach it, but then you have to wait until someone can come help you rollover so you can scratch it, or scratch it for you? It is so degrading! I live my life worried that if the kids go to school, i wont have everything i need within my reach, or what if i drop something and i cannot reach it and have to go the rest of the day without it until someone comes home (that did happen with my cell phone one day). It is a true nightmare and it instills fears in you that no one can imagine. So, without writing a book on here, let me say that i CANNOT and WILL NOT ever allow myself to be immobile. The best fantasy & the greatest sex will never be worth my freedom on foot!
Pauline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #22
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Last year I briefly reached my highest weight ever at just over 500lb, and it began to compromise my mobility. That was no fun. My weight gain was probably due to a major series of business travels, when my eating habits went out the window. So precisely when I was on the move the most, my mobility became more difficult. My weight didn't entirely prevent me from doing what I needed to do, but it sure complicated matters. I can't remember it being so much of a challenge to get in and out of cars and taxis again and again, but I did it. And I could usually handle a single flight of stairs okay, but even that became off limits to me. Lots of little annoyances began to crop up too. My biggest surprise was how much my extra weight affected my balance.

Now my weight is back down to the 450lb - 460lb range and it's amazing how much better my mobility is again. That seems to be my body's comfort zone. What a difference 50lb make!
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:29 AM   #23
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Being the size that I am right now, over 550, reminds me of how close I am to losing the simplest of human freedoms. I am not comfortable with immobility....I really don't fancy being looked after for all of my needs. Although...being brought food.....oh that's another thread. But in all seriousness I am doing everything my power not to go there. I like being able to walk, to go pee when I need to, to work (as much as I hate it!) I like being part of the human race and as an immobile person I would have to live vicariously through the TV and internet...which I find a sad existence for myself!
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #24
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Since I only a FA in the 300 range, I know that I can talk directly to this subject. But, I personal notice the subject is not talked about much, and if it was it was usually negative.

I guess still have a negative opinion personally about immobility, because I saw and heard too may horror stories about it.

However, I figured that there might be people out there with a special mindset out there, that doesn't mind, or even enjoy the effects of immobility, so I that is why in the end that is why my general opinion on the subject, I might be unconformable with it, to each their own.

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #25
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

While I generally believe in "to each his own" when it comes to fetishes and the like, I question the mental state of anyone that willingly gives up the ability to walk outside of their own accord and breathe fresh air or someone who would by choice give up the ability to get themselves out of bed in the case of a house fire to save perhaps not only their own life, but the life of their child or other loved one. Then there's that little question about who will be your caretaker if your partner leaves whether it be by choice or say he or she was run over by a bus. What if you were then both immobile... what then?

I also find it unconscionable when those that strive for and achieve lessening mobility have children and begin to depend on them to take care of their needs. They should not be left responsible for fetching Mommy's snacks or preparing Dad's dinner. Chores are one thing but depending on a child to aid a parent in what may ultimately lead to their death is a cruel legacy of guilt to leave. Assistance with bathing or dressing? These are jobs for caretakers, not kids.

The previous paragraph could have stopped with "I also find it unconscionable when those that strive for and achieve lessening mobility have children." I don't understand how anyone would choose to be less involved in their child's life and miss out on school plays, parent/teacher meetings, high school graduation, etc. Totally unfair to the child.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote