Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

View Poll Results: Smaller BBWS, what do you want?
a private board for smaller BBWs only 18 13.14%
a private board for women only 58 42.34%
a protected BBW sub-forum 19 13.87%
I'm a smaller BBW and I don't want any of the above 22 16.06%
I'm not a BBW, but I support any of the above 20 14.60%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #51
fatchicksrockuk

fatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
lol. Stan...we are less than 5 feet away from eachother tap tap tapping on the keyboard, lol. We are a sad married couple!
Beat you to it, by at least 3 seconds
fatchicksrockuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #52
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh and back to the thread at hand. GEF brought up that people were offended by the mention of a smaller bbw forum.

I'm not offended. I'm kinda baffled. Small bbws are the majority of America...they have become the average woman. Now given, the small bbws here at dims are not diet obsessed thin wanna bes, but is that enough to warrant their own private board?

I guess I'm confused about what small bbws would discuss that women in general couldn't discuss together. Sooo I'm not offended....just curious, I guess.

Last edited by BeautifulPoeticDisaster; 03-02-2009 at 04:21 PM.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #53
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchicksrockuk View Post
We have, still doesn't stop us arguing across the internet too
Quote:
lol. Stan...we are less than 5 feet away from eachother tap tap tapping on the keyboard, lol. We are a sad married couple!
Oh... OK... in that case... never mind.

Carry on... stiff upper lip and all!

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #54
fatchicksrockuk

fatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Oh and back to the thread at hand. GGF brought up that people were offended by the mention of a smaller bbw forum.

I'm not offended. I'm kinda baffled. Small bbws are the majority of America...they have become the average woman. Now given, the small bbws here at dims are not diet obsessed thin wanna bes, but is that enough to warrant their own private board?

I guess I'm confused about what small bbws would discuss that women in general couldn't discuss together. Sooo I'm not offended....just curious, I guess.
Who is GGF? Green Googly Fairy?
fatchicksrockuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #55
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Oh and back to the thread at hand. GEF brought up that people were offended by the mention of a smaller bbw forum.

I'm not GEF but I'm gonna kinda try to tackle this, just the way I see it. I'm in the SSBBW forum, I meet the requirements to be there. Barely. I'm actively trying to lose weight so when I drop below that weight requirement I will likely be asked to leave. I get that, and will be fine with it. BUT, I will not feel as comfortable posting in a general area some of the things I've posted in the SSBBW threads.

For example, say I'm at a bbq, I sit in a chair and that chair breaks. I'm going to be mortified, I may laugh at it later amongst friends but I'm gonna be embarassed beyond all belief. I can guarantee you that there will be some ass out there who chooses to post how hot he/she finds it that I broke a fucking chair. I'm here posting, looking for someone who understands how I felt at that very moment and in the few moments afterwards, not to provide jerk off material.

Also, I have seen some smaller fat girls being told by bigger fat girls that they should be grateful they don't have it as hard as them. Be glad that they have more choices for clothing, etc... That street goes both ways. Its sad that it does, but it does nonetheless.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #56
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Bella View Post
I'm not GEF but I'm gonna kinda try to tackle this, just the way I see it. I'm in the SSBBW forum, I meet the requirements to be there. Barely. I'm actively trying to lose weight so when I drop below that weight requirement I will likely be asked to leave. I get that, and will be fine with it. BUT, I will not feel as comfortable posting in a general area some of the things I've posted in the SSBBW threads.

For example, say I'm at a bbq, I sit in a chair and that chair breaks. I'm going to be mortified, I may laugh at it later amongst friends but I'm gonna be embarassed beyond all belief. I can guarantee you that there will be some ass out there who chooses to post how hot he/she finds it that I broke a fucking chair. I'm here posting, looking for someone who understands how I felt at that very moment and in the few moments afterwards, not to provide jerk off material.

Also, I have seen some smaller fat girls being told by bigger fat girls that they should be grateful they don't have it as hard as them. Be glad that they have more choices for clothing, etc... That street goes both ways. Its sad that it does, but it does nonetheless.

So is a smaller bbw just someone who does belong to the ssbbw forum?

I get what you are saying...and ya know, in a year, I probably will be kicked out of the ssbbw forum as well...so I'm with ya there. It's just when people say "smaller bbw" instead off bbw....it puts an image in my head. After all isn't a bbw smaller than a ssbbw? So then what is a small bbw?
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #57
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I get what you are saying...and ya know, in a year, I probably will be kicked out of the ssbbw forum as well...so I'm with ya there. It's just when people say "smaller bbw" instead off bbw....it puts an image in my head. After all isn't a bbw smaller than a ssbbw? So then what is a small bbw?

I don't know that's why I hate all the damn labels.

I wish that we could all just support each other.
I wish that someone who is 500 pounds never felt as though they were being viewed as something no fat girl would ever let herself get to.
I wish that other fat girls didn't have their opinions diminished because they weren't "fat enough".

None of its gonna happen, but I wish for it anyway.

ETA: One of the other reasons I enjoy the SSBBW forum is that my stalker can't stalk me there. She's not a member and the group is so small I'd know if she became one. I enjoy being able to truly be myself there.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #58
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i love the SSBBW forum. i think its great because people feel less pressure to be like other people and fit in. its more honest. every group has thier own particular concerns. i think smaller BBWs should have a forum. i know for a fact that smaller BBWs get treated differently. a lot of them get insulted by FAs and SSBBWs. they have many reasons why they feel they can't say what they may need to in the public forum. they need a place were they can let their hair down too. i know people would be all over thier case if they said some things in the public forum that they really felt. some of the other folks would take it as an insult. if there isn't a demand for it time will tell anyway. but in general you'll note that with all of these private forums people still post in the general ones the most. so i really don't see why it should be a big deal if groups have private forums. after all its all about a hunger for community and the general forum satisfies that.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #59
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I don't know that's why I hate all the damn labels.

I wish that we could all just support each other.
I wish that someone who is 500 pounds never felt as though they were being viewed as something no fat girl would ever let herself get to.
I wish that other fat girls didn't have their opinions diminished because they weren't "fat enough".

None of its gonna happen, but I wish for it anyway.

ETA: One of the other reasons I enjoy the SSBBW forum is that my stalker can't stalk me there. She's not a member and the group is so small I'd know if she became one. I enjoy being able to truly be myself there.

me too!!!! the giving of tolerance is waaay low around here from people who say they want to get tolerance.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #60
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

To answer your question, I am referring to BBWs who don't have access to the SSBBW private board. For us to also have a place where we can talk about our health issues in privacy. I don't see the creation of this board to be divisive.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #61
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
i love the SSBBW forum. i think its great because people feel less pressure to be like other people and fit in. its more honest. every group has thier own particular concerns. i think smaller BBWs should have a forum. i know for a fact that smaller BBWs get treated differently. a lot of them get insulted by FAs and SSBBWs. they have many reasons why they feel they can't say what they may need to in the public forum. they need a place were they can let their hair down too. i know people would be all over thier case if they said some things in the public forum that they really felt. some of the other folks would take it as an insult. if there isn't a demand for it time will tell anyway. but in general you'll note that with all of these private forums people still post in the general ones the most. so i really don't see why it should be a big deal if groups have private forums. after all its all about a hunger for community and the general forum satisfies that.
Great post, Felecia!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #62
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

Furthermore, I started this thread with the genuine intent of hearing from women whether or not they also want a private board. I have gleaned from other discussions that there might be a need. And I've always been of the mindset of "Ask and ye shall receive." I mean, Conrad and the other mods hold all the power in granting my request. The answer could be no. That's fine. I just don't see the point in not asking at all.

This thread is not the proposal. This thread is a genuine question to all BBWS: Do you want a private place to discuss health issues? If the answer is no, that's OK too. But I want one. If I'm the only one who wants it, then obviously I need to find another place to fulfill my needs. But I see DIMs as my community. Why can't I ask my community if they also want what I need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrae View Post
To answer your question, I am referring to BBWs who don't have access to the SSBBW private board. For us to also have a place where we can talk about our health issues in privacy. I don't see the creation of this board to be divisive.

Last edited by kayrae; 03-02-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #63
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
... I mean, Conrad and the other mods hold all the power in granting my request. ...

Just Conrad, just so that's clear. We can provide opinions (even when they're not requested! hahah) but ultimately any choice made her for additions/subtractions, changes is up to Conrad.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #64
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
LOL. you don't have to discuss your vagina and bathing suits out in the open! ok...you do now...but I think we want the same thing? A private women's board...right? I totally understand why you want privacy!!
Bingo....as women....of any size, don't we all have things we just want to talk about with other ladies? Especially things like the menses or any problems we might have with our lady parts? For all I do say on these forums, you can believe there is a LOT I don't about my body.....

I have been quite vocal out in the threads lately....big secret revealed is that isn't always easy for me. I would be more comfortable with just other ladies on a few things (Yesh, I have made it quite clear I love the menfolk but sometimes they cannot understand....just like some of us smaller people cannot understand being SSBBW- we can empathize but we have not lived it- you are correct). However, that being said, if it was said by Conrad that there will be no other private boards, then I'm good with that, too. I enjoy my time here and my rapport with some.

Just saying that even though we're different sizes....and I do recognize that I would have a different way of doing things at a bigger size...we're all still women.
I see it said that some of the smaller ladies probably say insensitive things that hurt sometimes...know what? That is probably true. Hell, *I* could have said some stupid things and not even realize it.
I have a SS step sister I love a lot.....she has had some issues I don't. Sometimes, she says things that remind me of our size difference and I feel like an ass for not realizing the difficulties she is having much sooner.
Would be educational for some of us though, kind of like that "Dating a SSBBW" thread is, to know the issues/problems so we can have a more sensitive outlook. However, the SSBBW right to privacy is most important, IMO.

Quote:

I actually concur....and feel like the input from SSBBW could as valuable as input from other women in general. It's just that we DO NOT have a safe haven like our bigger counter parts do. THAT is the issue....not that YOU shouldn't have one but rather that we DO NOT have one. Or that is how I see it anyway.

What would I like to talk about on a BBW forum?

*Childbirth
*Dropped uterus issues- I won't even go into the issues that can give out in the open. Nuh uh, no way. Would be nice to hear from other mothers....or Miss Vicki, the resident childbirth expert. She is always kind and has positive useful input. I would hope she would join a BBW forum......
I am guessing that the SSBBW board has Diana.......can we have too many caring ladies to help each other out though?

Some of this stuff...I just won't say...even in a "protected forum". I truly don't want the menfolk to know about some of my issues after giving birth.

I have trouble, at 280 lbs, with some reach or discomfort due to my shape. It would be nice if others my size, or bigger, could share their input at tackling these type of problems.
For instance, I had a boil develop at the top of my thigh recently. I moved my belly to see it...but then my boob got in the way. Move the boob...guess what happens? I had to have my daughter, all grossed out, help me. I think others might have advice....some ingenious ways of doing things that I just haven't figured out yet.

Quote:

Thank you Ella. Matter of fact, back on the Fourth of July, I had an old lawn chair crack....LOUDLY...and then plummet to the ground underneath me at a VERY CROWDED fireworks display. Yeah...people saw me alright. I could tell that even my mother felt badly for me....
I'm "only" 280 but I still have things happen to me, is my point.

Quote:

Quote:
Personally, I think even the thin FFAs could have valuable input into a woman's board. However, a woman's board should also include room for discussion of low self esteem issues, dating, etc.
I see so many of the newer BBW on here saying some sad things about why they did this and that.......fuck, they shouldn't have to say that in the open, I think at times.

Once again, I'm not "put out" about a SSBBW board......I just feel "left out".

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #65
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Since you didn't quote, I'm not sure exactly who this post refers to, but earlier, Donni questioned, in response to GEF, what kind of issues that BBW who are smaller than the required size needed to be involved in the SSBBW could have that the SSBBW have not probably already been through.

The inverse is not always the case, and as has been mentioned a number of times, every time this fricking debate comes along and drags the SSBBW forum in kicking and fricking screaming, there have been instances where BBW who are NOT Supersized have made commentary that have made some of the ladies in that forum uncomfortable. Not only with advice that really, straight up doesn't work (even given with the best of intentions) ...but with comments that play out as full of pity and sometimes, disgust.

And I'm not trying to paint any and all BBW with broad strokes, here or say that ALL of the BBW board members who don't have posting access to the SSBBW forum would do or have done this, because shit, THAT would be offensive lol. And completely untrue.

But the fact is, it DOES happen. And the women of that forum have the right to be protected from the wanking over personal issues, as well as the pity and disgust that comes up from insensitive people.

AS DO THE REST OF THE WOMEN HERE.
*edit: And the men deserve their space as well*

Just to be clear, I voted for a private board for women only.

Also, it took me a really long time to respond to write this post, and I see that a number of other people have posted since I started writing...so now I feel dumb lol because some of this has already been addressed...but I'm going to post it anyway.

And GEF... I definitely understand why you would want those kind of discussions private and I agree 100%.

I don't even know what I'm writing anymore.
BellaZwebs- EXTRA HOT :batting:;):batting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith

Last edited by mszwebs; 03-02-2009 at 05:52 PM.
mszwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #66
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszwebs View Post
The inverse is not always the case, and as has been mentioned a number of times, every time this fricking debate comes along and drags the SSBBW forum in kicking and fricking screaming, there have been instances where BBW who are NOT Supersized have made commentary that have made some of the ladies in that forum uncomfortable. Not only with advice that really, straight up doesn't work (even given with the best of intentions) ...but with comments that play out as full of pity and sometimes, disgust.

And I'm not trying to paint any and all BBW with broad strokes, here or say that ALL of the BBW board members who don't have posting access to the SSBBW forum would do or have done this, because shit, THAT would be offensive lol. And completely untrue.
Well, saying the smaller BBWs shouldn't be allowed in because there have been "instances" of uncomfortable "commentary" (and I can't even imagine what that would be) seems to be acting the same as a broad stroke. And I'll ask again, who are these women who are displaying pity and disgust towards the larger BBWs? I don't ever see that in the public forums, and I highly doubt it'd be more likely to happen in a private board that you have to be approved to get into. And if their advice doesn't work, why does that make them unworthy for admittance? I just don't get any of the reasoning that only some BBWs are allowed into the place while others are not; I mean if we're this supposedly tight-knit community...
FaxMachine1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #67
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim View Post
... I don't ever see that in the public forums, and I highly doubt it'd be more likely to happen in a private board that you have to be approved to get into. ...
I'm glad you haven't seen it and can't imagine it... that means it really is as rare a case as has been mentioned. However, because you haven't and can't doesn't it mean it hasn't happened (and did).

Regardless of any of that, the membership of the SS forum isn't up for debate in any way (I'm not a mod there, but I feel confident saying that). It was established and developed based on a set of ground rules that were expressed ahead of sharing and any alteration that changed those basics of understanding would be a violation to those members who've built and shared trust among the membership.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #68
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I'm glad you haven't seen it and can't imagine it... that means it really is as rare a case as has been mentioned. However, because you haven't and can't doesn't it mean it hasn't happened (and did).

Regardless of any of that, the membership of the SS forum isn't up for debate in any way (I'm not a mod there, but I feel confident saying that). It was established and developed based on a set of ground rules that were expressed ahead of sharing and any alteration that changed those basics of understanding would be a violation to those members who've built and shared trust among the membership.
Okay, well I still think the original basic criteria for that board was flawed but if it's immutable then I'll respect that. I guess I'll vote for a private board for smaller BBWs, then...which is losing in the poll.
FaxMachine1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #69
GWARrior

GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think we should have a bajillion boards and sub-boards and they should all be private and segregated by gender, weight, race, religon, hair-color, sexual orientation, height and favorite color.

I want a female-smallish bbw-white-atheist-brunette-bisexual-5'8"-blue board.
And it better be fucking private. If I see one chick who is a white,5'8" bisexual, atheist, brunette smallish-bbw and her favorite color is red... I will blow a fucking gasket. Cause she has NO IDEA what blue-lovers go through.
GWARrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #70
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWARrior View Post
I think we should have a bajillion boards and sub-boards and they should all be private and segregated by gender, weight, race, religon, hair-color, sexual orientation, height and favorite color.

I want a female-smallish bbw-white-atheist-brunette-bisexual-5'8"-blue board.
And it better be fucking private. If I see one chick who is a white,5'8" bisexual, atheist, brunette smallish-bbw and her favorite color is red... I will blow a fucking gasket. Cause she has NO IDEA what blue-lovers go through.
amen!

I mean, how low will we go? How many more times will we separate ourselves into categories until it becomes 9 trillion little cliques?

"Yes, I'm an F/A but since I'm not 300 pounds I won't be allowed on a certain F/A board to talk about food but since those dudes are not 180 pounds, those F/A's aren't allowed to discuss college basketball."

The community is for big girls and guys and the people who love them, so why do we have to degenerate into little factions?
Old 03-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #71
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'd like to see a separate board for smaller BBWs and one for medium-sized.

And a separate Complaining Men's Forum.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #72
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
And a separate Complaining Men's Forum.
No, sorry, but I'm totally going to need access to that. Give me five minutes and I'll come up with a good reason why.

Tracey xx
BeaBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #73
kayrae
doot doot doot

GWAR, KHayes....

I didn't post this thread to marginalize anyone. If you aren't open to hearing out someone else's need for privacy, fine. I am asking women if they need a place in which they can discuss private health issues (physical, mental). This doesn't mean that DIMS necessarily need to fill that role. Perhaps, I would be interested in starting my own forum in a website I create which I will be able to discuss these health issues. I don't see why there's such an uproar over addressing this concern.

We separate ourselves into different categories all the time, it doesn't mean this is a bad thing. I have stressed that what I want is a place to talk about being fat and how that is connected to my health.

If your questions regarding health are already fulfilled, GREAT! However, I am hearing that other women also want to discuss these things privately. Not everyone has another fat woman they can talk to in person.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #74
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Couldn't this have been done for the SSBBW forum, as well? What's the difference?
Actually no - because health is not the only thing discussed in the SS forum.
There are many different subjects pertaining to SSBBWS that are discussed.

My point was specifically directed to Kayrae, who said that she wanted a place to privately discuss health issues, therefor I suggested a private health board for women only instead of a BBW board.

Apples and oranges.
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #75
kayrae
doot doot doot

I agree. That's why I suggested if people wanted a women's board instead of an exclusive BBW-only board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post

Personally, I think even the thin FFAs could have valuable input into a woman's board. However, a woman's board should also include room for discussion of low self esteem issues, dating, etc.
I see so many of the newer BBW on here saying some sad things about why they did this and that.......fuck, they shouldn't have to say that in the open, I think at times.

Once again, I'm not "put out" about a SSBBW board......I just feel "left out".