Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-06-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Steak cooked in water and oil!!???

Ok HEEEELP!!!
I'm cooking dinner for GD's dads birthday and he wants steak.
Fair enough you may say.. BUT..
Ive only ever cooked steak fried in a pan in oil or butter. He wants it some weird was ive never heard of where you put a mixture of oil and water in a wok with some brown sauce (for non brits its a spicey kinna fruity ketchup) actually covering the steaks and simmered!?
Ive never heard of this before. I recon i would have to sear the steaks before i do this and cook them for as least 20 mins...
Hmm anyway, thank goodness everyone else is having salmon!!
Anyone know about this way of cooking steak?
If so, would this be the right time to cook it etc?
hmm.. i feel its madness but apparently its the way he likes them.
fang cue xmer
Old 03-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I realize Brits do things kinda different (pies with organs in them... marmite...), but that sounds friggin' bizarre. Oil and water frying on a stovetop sounds like a one-way ticket to the "kitchen injuries" thread.

Buy really good steaks (it's the guy's birthday, after all), pat them dry, rub them with salt and pepper and throw them on the rack of the oven on broil (with a big pan below to catch drippings), a few minutes each side depending on how rare or not you guys like it. If he's really hung up on the HP, you can marinade them in it beforehand, but that's not my thing.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos View Post
I realize Brits do things kinda different (pies with organs in them... marmite...), but that sounds friggin' bizarre. Oil and water frying on a stovetop sounds like a one-way ticket to the "kitchen injuries" thread.

Buy really good steaks (it's the guy's birthday, after all), pat them dry, rub them with salt and pepper and throw them on the rack of the oven on broil (with a big pan below to catch drippings), a few minutes each side depending on how rare or not you guys like it. If he's really hung up on the HP, you can marinade them in it beforehand, but that's not my thing.
I KNOW!!! its MAD! I always cook steaks pounded and peppered and fried. I'm veggi (well piscitarian) now so no steaks for me. No salt though, cause it can take the flavour out too early..
We bought him really good butterfly fillet steak..but i feel this way of cooking will just ruin them.. but its the way he likes them so i'm going to try.
Anyway..this really isnt a British thing.. its like a family recipie that he doesnt quite know!! gah!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

If you cook a steak for 20 minutes, it isn't steak anymore...it's just a hunk of meat, lol.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
If you cook a steak for 20 minutes, it isn't steak anymore...it's just a hunk of meat, lol.
Right. I agree. I used to cook steaks when i worked in a resteraunt yeears ago.. and i have never heard anyone asking for this.. hmm..
I guess if i sear it then cook it like that at least it will look kinna steak like...hmm i just cant quite imagine it..i think it will be tender though.. i think.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
I KNOW!!! its MAD! I always cook steaks pounded and peppered and fried. I'm veggi (well piscitarian) now so no steaks for me. No salt though, cause it can take the flavour out too early..
We bought him really good butterfly fillet steak..but i feel this way of cooking will just ruin them.. but its the way he likes them so i'm going to try.
Anyway..this really isnt a British thing.. its like a family recipie that he doesnt quite know!! gah!
Not for nothing, but if it is a "family recipe" and he doesn't know it, how the heck are you supposed to know how to do it? Is this some sort of test? My suggestion would be to cook the steak the best way that you can and serve it. If he likes it great, he has discovered something new, if not, oh well, at least you tried. That way you aren't being judged by some unfair criteria where you don't even know what the rules are. The request just seems odd. Unless he thinks his daughter is doing the cooking and assumes that she knows how to do it. I will be very interested hearing how this whole thing turns out. Please keep us informed. (Oh and a good dessert always makes up for a possibly so-so meal, not that I am saying your food won't be good, just that if he doesn't enjoy your greatness, you get it, right?)
Old 03-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just thinking about it, maybe buying really good steak wasn't the best move? This sounds like the sort of thing one would do with a cheaper, tough, cut of meat. The longer, slower (because the water keeps the temperature down to the boiling point), cooking would help with tough meat. Lots of oil and HP sauce would help give flavour. I've done something similar with stir fries (buy a cheap piece of steak, cut it into strips, quickly brown it, stir it up with some sauce, then throw in all the veggies and a bit of water and steam everything until its done.)

What that sort of cooking will do with a nice, tender, cut of meat I don't know
Old 03-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
Not for nothing, but if it is a "family recipe" and he doesn't know it, how the heck are you supposed to know how to do it? Is this some sort of test? My suggestion would be to cook the steak the best way that you can and serve it. If he likes it great, he has discovered something new, if not, oh well, at least you tried. That way you aren't being judged by some unfair criteria where you don't even know what the rules are. The request just seems odd. Unless he thinks his daughter is doing the cooking and assumes that she knows how to do it. I will be very interested hearing how this whole thing turns out. Please keep us informed. (Oh and a good dessert always makes up for a possibly so-so meal, not that I am saying your food won't be good, just that if he doesn't enjoy your greatness, you get it, right?)
Ahh..Not sure if gd would want me to talk about this and shes not here to ask..but there is a reason its like a family recepie but he doesnt know it exactly. Hes not being mean or anything.. i did buy 3 steaks and thought i would cook him and his gf one the way he likes it and have one spare for her incase she hates it! lol

Last edited by mergirl; 03-06-2009 at 02:21 PM.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Just thinking about it, maybe buying really good steak wasn't the best move? This sounds like the sort of thing one would do with a cheaper, tough, cut of meat. The longer, slower (because the water keeps the temperature down to the boiling point), cooking would help with tough meat. Lots of oil and HP sauce would help give flavour. I've done something similar with stir fries (buy a cheap piece of steak, cut it into strips, quickly brown it, stir it up with some sauce, then throw in all the veggies and a bit of water and steam everything until its done.)

What that sort of cooking will do with a nice, tender, cut of meat I don't know
yeah..like a stew or beef bourgioun or something... i was thinking this..
i could have bought about 7 steaks for the price of one of these and they will probs end up tasting the same anyway! lol.
I wont actually be tasting them cause i dont eat red meat..but i will tell you all how it goes..
i shall just do what i always do at dinner parties, make dinner late, meanwhile everyone has lots of drinks and gets hungrier and by the time dinner is ready everyone would eat a scabby horse and enjoy it! lol.. ok.. thats the plan!!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yes, in the southern USA we often cook steaks in this fashion. We cook round steak, sirloin, flank, and others in such a manner. I prefer round or sirloin steak that is not quite 1" thick. Use a large skillet with a lid. As Mergirl said, you could brown it on both sides in the oil. (Sometimes I coat the meat in flour or seasoned bread crumbs first, sometimes not.)

Now season meat with your favorite meat seasoning - ours is garlic salt & pepper. You can now cover the the meat with hot water. However, I prefer to use canned chicken stock. Add ins - You can leave it alone now or sometimes I add a sliced onion, a couple of garlic cloves, or a bell pepper.

Put the lid on the skillet and let it cook on low (simmer) for 45 minutes or until fork tender. If you want to make gravy out of the sauce in the skillet, you can add a can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup or some other cream soup that you like (Chicken, Onion, etc.). I always add a 1/4 tsp or so of Louisiana hot sauce to my gravy too then check the taste and see if it needs any more salt, pepper, or more garlic.

Note: If you are running out of time or have some meat that is rather tough, you can also make this in the pressure cooker.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore2me View Post
Yes, in the southern USA we often cook steaks in this fashion. We cook round steak, sirloin, flank, and others in such a manner. I prefer round or sirloin steak that is not quite 1" thick. Use a large skillet with a lid. As Mergirl said, you could brown it on both sides in the oil. (Sometimes I coat the meat in flour or seasoned bread crumbs first, sometimes not.)

Now season meat with your favorite meat seasoning - ours is garlic salt & pepper. You can now cover the the meat with hot water. However, I prefer to use canned chicken stock. Add ins - You can leave it alone now or sometimes I add a sliced onion, a couple of garlic cloves, or a bell pepper.

Put the lid on the skillet and let it cook on low (simmer) for 45 minutes or until fork tender. If you want to make gravy out of the sauce in the skillet, you can add a can of Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup or some other cream soup that you like (Chicken, Onion, etc.). I always add a 1/4 tsp or so of Louisiana hot sauce to my gravy too then check the taste and see if it needs any more salt, pepper, or more garlic.

Note: If you are running out of time or have some meat that is rather tough, you can also make this in the pressure cooker.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
I had nightmares about cooking this last night..
but now i know someone else cooks meat in this way i feel a bit better!!
Think i may have a glass of wine or two before the cooking comences so i feel a bit more gordon Ramsey about the whole affair!
Now, do you think its ok to lie about making your own sauces?? lol
xmer
Old 03-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #12
Canonista
Rep Dealer

Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Blaspheme!

There is only ONE way to cook a big slab of cow meat, and that's with fire.

Start with extremely high heat on both sides to sear the surface, then low heat to cook the inside to taste. Apply ONLY coarse ground black pepper and maybe coarse salt for flavor.

/facepalm
Old 03-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #13
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonista View Post
Blaspheme!

There is only ONE way to cook a big slab of cow meat, and that's with fire.

Start with extremely high heat on both sides to sear the surface, then low heat to cook the inside to taste. Apply ONLY coarse ground black pepper and maybe coarse salt for flavor.

/facepalm

no no no no....steak needs garlic like a man needs to stand to pee!!! (soory my drunken mind count'nd thing of a better analogy.)
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #14
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Ok HEEEELP!!!
I'm cooking dinner for GD's dads birthday and he wants steak.
Fair enough you may say.. BUT..
Ive only ever cooked steak fried in a pan in oil or butter. He wants it some weird was ive never heard of where you put a mixture of oil and water in a wok with some brown sauce (for non brits its a spicey kinna fruity ketchup) actually covering the steaks and simmered!?
Ive never heard of this before. I recon i would have to sear the steaks before i do this and cook them for as least 20 mins...
Hmm anyway, thank goodness everyone else is having salmon!!
Anyone know about this way of cooking steak?
If so, would this be the right time to cook it etc?
hmm.. i feel its madness but apparently its the way he likes them.
fang cue xmer
It sounds like chinese pepper steak with out the bell pepper and substitute HP sauce for the soy sauce, corn starch, water and ginger.

btw-this is what I think a steak should look like

New York steak seasoned with Hawaiian red rock salt. Sauteed in butter for 3 minutes a side and finished in an oven for 4 minutes to medium rare. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed asparagus and a cabernet and cracked peppercorn reduction sauce.

Last edited by vardon_grip; 03-07-2009 at 03:52 PM.
vardon_grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #15
Canonista
Rep Dealer

Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
It sounds like chinese pepper steak with out the bell pepper and substitute HP sauce for the soy sauce, corn starch, water and ginger.

New York steak seasoned with Hawaiian red rock salt. Sauteed in butter for 3 minutes a side and finished in an oven for 4 minutes to medium rare. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed asparagus and a cabernet and cracked peppercorn reduction sauce.
That's one tiny cut of steak! What is that? An appetizer?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #16
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
no no no no....steak needs garlic like a man needs to stand to pee!!! (soory my drunken mind count'nd thing of a better analogy.)
My friend greame pee's sitting down! he does!
Anyway, the dinner went great. Even though i am veggi i tasted the meat for texture and taste and they were awsome and really tender. (i spat it in the bin though, i have a thing about not wanting to eat cow....they have pleading eyes!)..
I was sure that wouldnt work but it was pretty good...
Excellent work!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:50 AM   #17
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Anyway, the dinner went great. Even though i am veggi i tasted the meat for texture and taste and they were awsome and really tender. (i spat it in the bin though, i have a thing about not wanting to eat cow....they have pleading eyes!)..
Its like wine tasting!

Glad it worked out for you
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #18
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
Its like wine tasting!

Glad it worked out for you
lol yes. It did kinna feel like that.
and thank you.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #19
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post

Looks to me that steak is seriously over cooked Me, I prefer the introduced method. Steak, Flame. Flame, Steak. As my dad used to put it "a good medical corpsman and a bandaid can have it back on its feet and mooning!"
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #20
jack
Sylvester

jack does more than just post hot picsjack does more than just post hot picsjack does more than just post hot picsjack does more than just post hot pics

You people are crazy.

The only way to cook a steak is outside over an open fire. What the shit is boiled steak? Not steak.
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #21
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't have anything to add to the thread other than to say.....

Mmmmmmm.... brown sauce..... mmmmmm. I love that stuff!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #22
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
I don't have anything to add to the thread other than to say.....

Mmmmmmm.... brown sauce..... mmmmmm. I love that stuff!
You know what? The Sauce tasted amazing all mixed in with the meat juices and onions and mushrooms. I HAD to taste it..even though i guess it wasnt exactly veggi. I love brown sauce on an egg sandwhich! yum! OH and on French toast!!!!
oh gah. I actually salavated.. GD is comming is late home from work and she is bringing back food..i'm too hungry..
Old 03-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #23
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dear Mergirl,

I'm glad it turned out well for you. For those who are not vegans, the recipe can work with chicken or pork too.

And for Miss Vickie, since you mentioned you like brown sauce, just in case you don't know - in the store, they sell a item called "Browning Sauce". It works great if you want to make gravy browner. It doesn't add any flavor, just darker, browner color to sauces.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I was sure that wouldnt work but it was pretty good...
Excellent work!
I'm sending Gordon Ramsey home to kick your ass.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #25
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
You know what? The Sauce tasted amazing all mixed in with the meat juices and onions and mushrooms. I HAD to taste it..even though i guess it wasnt exactly veggi. I love brown sauce on an egg sandwhich! yum! OH and on French toast!!!!
oh gah. I actually salavated.. GD is comming is late home from work and she is bringing back food..i'm too hungry..
Oh my gosh, it sounds sooo good. I had fun all over the UK, using brown sauce on (nearly) everything. It's so divine, but then I'm a condiment whore so it's not surprising that I love it. I even got some when I got home and I try it on all kinds of things. Deelish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore2me View Post
Dear Mergirl,

I'm glad it turned out well for you. For those who are not vegans, the recipe can work with chicken or pork too.

And for Miss Vickie, since you mentioned you like brown sauce, just in case you don't know - in the store, they sell a item called "Browning Sauce". It works great if you want to make gravy browner. It doesn't add any flavor, just darker, browner color to sauces.
Hey, cool beans, M2M. I usually just "burn" things a little bit and my gravies are plenty brown but I'm sure I could think of some use for a browning sauce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos View Post
I'm sending Gordon Ramsey home to kick your ass.
Can I watch? I love that bloke!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote