Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 03-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default A Big Fat HELLO From CC

Iím back, did you miss me? Iíve never been on the GLBTQ forums here at dimensions Ė in fact, I havenít been on dimensions in so long I forgot what it was like! Iíve spent a lot of time over the past few years dealing with a lot of crapÖand a lot of the ups and downs of life. My father recently passed away and that was a major thing for me to have to deal with (heck, Iím still dealing with the fallout from it all Ė trying to manage his estate, etc).

I wanted to (re) introduce myself to the dimensions community, particularly this part of it! I always used to feel like we needed a space for fat queers and while I found that place in NOLOSE, I felt like dimensions needed it too. After all, I met some of the coolest fat queers RIGHT HERE and made some friendships that have lasted, as well as some that have not.

So hereís a little about me:

Iím Celisa, from Vermont (USA) and Iím F-n-Q. I go to NOLOSE when I can (I couldnít make it to the last conference even though it was close by due to circumstances including but not limited to my finances). Iím 30, a singer (check out my myspace www.myspace.com/celisastratton) and a hot fat chick! Iím single too Ė email me if you want to chat sometime! Celisa at gmail dot com. I also have yahoo but am rarely on - though I'd love to chat with some new friends. I have been the target of discrimination recently by some people who would like to think that you can reject somebody for certain jobs based on sexual orientation/sexuality. I dont' want to go into details but suffice it to say I've been laying low online due to this. Maybe I'll talk about it more openly in the future, when I'm not afraid of my sexuality being used against me. Luckily, living in Vermont, you can't be discriminated against based on sexual preference (and many other things) so I am trying not to worry.

If youíre fat and queer, nolose is an awesome organization that I would highly recommend getting involved with. www.nolose.org. If youíre in the NYC area/region, they are putting together their annual Fat Girl Flea market, so check that out and get yourself some cute clothes at a great price. Speaking of this, I believe if you look around the NOLOSE website youíll find information on mailing lists such as fat dykes and other fat queer stuff that I canít remember off the top of my head, but I know they exist (I get them in my email inbox every now and again).

Alright, thatís enough for now, but I thought Iíd say hey and give a shout-out to all you queer fatties in this forum. I miss conversing with you all Ė and I miss being a part of a community that accepts me as I am.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Ceece View Post
Iím back, did you miss me?
Hells yeah!!
I've missed you very much and I'm so pumped your back!

Cheesy quote that popped in my head when I saw you on the GLBTQ board!

Quote:
She gets this really terrible feeling--you know, like something is missing. She checks her purse, and then she checks her keys. She counts her kids, she goes crazy, and then she realizes that nothing is missing. She decided it was side effects from skipping the prom.
Welcome back Celisa!!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
mango
Mustachio Nut

mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!mango keeps pushing the rep limit!
Thumbs up Ltns!!

Welcome back to Dims Celisa!!

mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:45 AM   #4
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hello! I am considerably new to Dims and I look forward to getting to know you!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:57 AM   #5
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Celisa i missed you. I know life madness totally got in the way of us having a good old chatter but hopefully that will change now. I was actually thinking the other day that i have known you for about 6 years! Which made me think..hmm time totally flies and also that we should chatter more. I was thinking about this cause i just moved house and i found your Cd you sent me a few years ago. Your version of "missisippi goddam" is second only to Nina Simone.. and thats saying something! lol
Yessum, to all who havnt heard this girl sing, check out her myspace..she has some set of lungs on her!!
peace x Lisa -Like celisa but without the ce!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #6
DJ_S

DJ_S never has a post go unnoticedDJ_S never has a post go unnoticedDJ_S never has a post go unnoticedDJ_S never has a post go unnoticedDJ_S never has a post go unnoticedDJ_S never has a post go unnoticedDJ_S never has a post go unnoticedDJ_S never has a post go unnoticed

Heya Ceece it's great to see you back!!

www.roundandfamiliar.tumblr.com
DJ_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default i too sing america

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Your version of "missisippi goddam" is second only to Nina Simone..
Mer, you have killer taste!
I've been known to let Celisa flow out of my car at really high volumes.

....Alabamas gotten me so upset.. .Tennessee made me lose my rest...
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #8
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
Mer, you have killer taste!
I've been known to let Celisa flow out of my car at really high volumes.

....Alabamas gotten me so upset.. .Tennessee made me lose my rest...
Haha..yessum. Got to be loud to appreciate it! Celisas Version of "Mississippi goddam" has been played at drunken parties on a couple of occassions.. I feel the killer line is "You dont have to live next to me, Just give me my equality". Its one of those clench fist, misty eyed lyrics that makes you want to cuddle people and smash eggs!! erm...or something...
Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Haha..yessum. Got to be loud to appreciate it! Celisas Version of "Mississippi goddam" has been played at drunken parties on a couple of occassions.. I feel the killer line is "You dont have to live next to me, Just give me my equality". Its one of those clench fist, misty eyed lyrics that makes you want to cuddle people and smash eggs!! erm...or something...
I admit I've popped in the CD at a few parties, but seeing as how I live in Alabama, I get some pretttty hard stares. I lurves it

Pissin' off the natives, thats me.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:33 AM   #10
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Awwwww

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome messages.

And Misty and Lisa - You guys totally made my day. I'm literally crying. Since my father's passing, and with all the craziness in my life that has ensued since...I have all but given up on the dream of singing. I want to, but my confidence isn't at 100% right now because I've been grieving and REALLY SUPER DUPER busy taking care of my nephew.

I'm so glad to hear that people still like my music (and have played it at drunken parties). You guys made me laugh and cry and I feel good about myself in a way I haven't felt in a LONG TIME. It is so good to know that people have faith in me.

Much Love and FAT HUGS!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
Prince Dyscord

Prince Dyscord can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Ceece View Post
Iím back, did you miss me? Iíve never been on the GLBTQ forums here at dimensions Ė in fact, I havenít been on dimensions in so long I forgot what it was like! Iíve spent a lot of time over the past few years dealing with a lot of crapÖand a lot of the ups and downs of life. My father recently passed away and that was a major thing for me to have to deal with (heck, Iím still dealing with the fallout from it all Ė trying to manage his estate, etc).

I wanted to (re) introduce myself to the dimensions community, particularly this part of it! I always used to feel like we needed a space for fat queers and while I found that place in NOLOSE, I felt like dimensions needed it too. After all, I met some of the coolest fat queers RIGHT HERE and made some friendships that have lasted, as well as some that have not.

So hereís a little about me:

Iím Celisa, from Vermont (USA) and Iím F-n-Q. I go to NOLOSE when I can (I couldnít make it to the last conference even though it was close by due to circumstances including but not limited to my finances). Iím 30, a singer (check out my myspace www.myspace.com/celisastratton) and a hot fat chick! Iím single too Ė email me if you want to chat sometime! Celisa at gmail dot com. I also have yahoo but am rarely on - though I'd love to chat with some new friends. I have been the target of discrimination recently by some people who would like to think that you can reject somebody for certain jobs based on sexual orientation/sexuality. I dont' want to go into details but suffice it to say I've been laying low online due to this. Maybe I'll talk about it more openly in the future, when I'm not afraid of my sexuality being used against me. Luckily, living in Vermont, you can't be discriminated against based on sexual preference (and many other things) so I am trying not to worry.

If youíre fat and queer, nolose is an awesome organization that I would highly recommend getting involved with. www.nolose.org. If youíre in the NYC area/region, they are putting together their annual Fat Girl Flea market, so check that out and get yourself some cute clothes at a great price. Speaking of this, I believe if you look around the NOLOSE website youíll find information on mailing lists such as fat dykes and other fat queer stuff that I canít remember off the top of my head, but I know they exist (I get them in my email inbox every now and again).

Alright, thatís enough for now, but I thought Iíd say hey and give a shout-out to all you queer fatties in this forum. I miss conversing with you all Ė and I miss being a part of a community that accepts me as I am.
Well well. Welcome back. I haven't talked to you in ages. Granted, I haven't been here in a while myself.
Prince Dyscord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #12
MamaLisa
Mama Is Extraloveable!

MamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized rep

Ive already welcomed u back.. but I thought id do it officially...

WELCOME BACK!

Mama Lisa... Not your Average Fat chick! :cool: :D

Its not that i believe in love.. but that love believes in me :wubu:

FA's ! :batting: :eat2: :smitten:
MamaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote