Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The WLS Controversy

Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #1
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default My WLS Journey Parts 1&2

Part 1 is being reposted so you all have the full story. I know it is a long read but it is worth it.

Saturday, February 25, 2006, 3am. I was taken to the emergency room. I was sick for many days. I kept throwing up and couldnít eat much. I knew what it was before we even went. I had gallstones and they were getting worse. For the last 3 years I had been dealing with them. Since 2003 doctors told me to have WLS, and remove my gallbladder at the same time. Well, 3 years later I still had gallstones and they were getting worse. Turns out some of them had become loose and lodged in my liver. At this point they could no longer put me on the back burner. I was admitted to the hospital on one of my many stays there. I was in and out of the hospital at this point every couple of months for one reason or another. I was scheduled to have WLS in 2003 but they decided 2 weeks before the surgery that the doctor didnít want to operate on me because I was an extremely high risk patient.

Here is a list of my many health conditions: Congestive heart failure, Cardiomyopathy, enlarged heart, hypertension, a kidney disease, diabetes, and severe gout, fatty liver and fluid retention. I was taking 17 pills a day just to stay alive. I have been ill since I was 27 years old and have been near death more than half a dozen times. I have gone into heart failure a few times and my heart function has been down to 10% which is on the border of cardiac arrest if it had gone any lower.

While in the hospital in February, I met a doctor that was going to remove my gallbladder and he asked if I was still interested in having WLS. I said if you think you can get me thru the surgery, why the hell not? I was going to die anyway if I had stayed at my current weight. I decided to take my chances and go for it. I was told my mortality rate was 20% which is very high, considering for anyone else having general surgery it is only 1-3%. In my eyes I had a 50-50 shot and anything was better than the way my life was going.

My husband walked out of the room while the doctor was talking to me about the surgery, and he said I was going to die if I had WLS. I told him I was going to die anyway, sooner rather than later, if I didnít get some of this weight off of my body.

March 6, 2006, I decided to make several changes in my life. I was 588 pounds and gaining weekly from immobility. My husband was full of negative energy so I asked him to move out. I needed to be in a calm, centered place that was stress free. I went to my pre-op that following week. My mom, dad and my best friend, Anna, took me and have always been my rock. The doctor went over every last detail with me and made sure we all understood everything. We decided to do my surgery open because he had to also remove my gallbladder and find the gallstones that had lodged in my liver. I also opted to have 14 extra feet on my intestine removed so I would loose even more weight in the long run.

On March 23, 2006, the day before the surgery I wrote my will, called all my friends/family and told them all how much I loved them. I was so calm it was scary to most of them. To me it meant I was ready. I had Jell-O and chicken broth every few hours that day because I couldnít eat anything 24 hours before the surgery. My parents spent the night at my place. We woke up very early to get ready. My mom was very somber and kept looking at me like she was never going to see me again. I told her not to worry, if anything did happen I wouldnít feel a thing because I would be sleeping anyway. We all said a prayer together and left for the hospital.

We arrived at 8a.m. and I was taken to pre-op to change into a gown and given something to help me relax. The entire time my parents were by my side and my best friend was stuck in traffic trying to get to me before they took me in to the operating room. She kept missing me at every turn as they wheeled me to another pre-op room. She went into melt down outside, so they let her in to see me for one minute.

I was given an epidural to help me with pain after the surgery. It took a long time for them to get it in my spine just right because of all of my back fat, plus you canít move at all while they are injecting. The last thing I remember was the anesthesiologist spraying something in my mouth and telling me to swallow. They were having trouble getting the tube in my throat. A few hours later I heard lots of noise and people calling my name. They were saying squeeze my hand if you can hear me. I could hear them but I couldnít move my body at all! I couldnít speak because I was on a vent with a tube down my throat. I was told in advance that I would be on the vent for at least 24 hours to make sure I could breathe on my own. My pain meds were also limited so I was more alert. My doctor did this because of my heart conditions. It would have been easy for someone with my health conditions to just slip into a coma and not wake up. This is why I was given the epidural to help with the pain. Oddly enough, it worked.

Being on the vent was the worst part for me. I begged them to take it out. I felt like I was choking and they would have to come in and suction out the tube. I would wake up every hour and watch the clock to see how much time I had left on this machine. I was in ICU for 7 days. After the 24 hours went by I was taken off the vent. I had tubes coming out of me all over the place. I had a catheter that went thru my neck and down into my heart. I had a central line that went thru my neck. I had a tube that went down my nose into the back of my throat. I had 4 IVís just incase one went bad. One in each hand, one in my neck and one in my thumb and this was just day one in ICU.

48 hours after my surgery I still couldnít have anything by mouth. No ice chips, no liquids, no nothing! The nurses were wonderful. Every hour the nurse came in to turn me and swab my lips. I wasnít able to move much at all because my incision was a foot long. My gout got worse and I was unable to walk. The lift team came in daily to get me out of bed and into a chair so I could sit up. The doctor was very concerned that I was unable to walk. But they couldnít give me the old medication I use to take to keep the gout under control because on my new stomach.

They gave me a course of steroids to bring down the inflammation in my feet. Because of my heart issues we were taking a big chance. After 7 days in ICU, I was moved to a regular room. Still couldnít walk but I could sit up in bed with some help. I was also able to sip some juice or water and chew ice. Food was the last thing on my mind. I hated all the food they gave me in the hospital. The protein shakes made me vomit. I had my mom bring my protein drink from home. I used Pro-Complex and it tasted just like chocolate milk.

Once I was moved to a regular room, I developed a fever and my white blood cell count was elevated. This meant an infection. The middle of my incision was infected. The doctor pulled out a few of my staples and it was badly infected and had to be drained and packed. The wound began to tunnel and grew deeper. The fat was beginning to turn to liquid and had no where to go. Once the wound was opened it can not be stapled shut again. Now the wound had to heal itself from the inside out.

April 4, 2006, I was discharged and sent home. I was still unable to walk on my own. I had to use a wheelchair and a walker. When I had the energy to try and walk on my own. I weighed 524 pounds the day I was discharged. For the next 6-8 weeks, I was on liquids. After 8 weeks I went to pureed foods. This was not fun at all. I could never finish a protein shake. It would take me hours to get it all down. For breakfast I would eat 2 teaspoons of cottage cheese. Throughout the day I would work on my protein shake. I also could eat about a quarter of one soft scrambled egg. Slowly, and I mean very slowly, I introduced my new stomach to food again. At no point did I ever feel hungry.
April 10, 2006, I weighed 518.
April 12, 2006, I weighed 515.
April 16, 2006, I weighed 509.
April 21, 2006, I weighed in at 499.
This was a huge milestone for me. I had been over 500 pounds for many years. I would lose and gain the same fifty pounds over and over!!

Once a day, a wound care nurse would come to check my wound and pack it. The wound was packed 4-5 times a day in the beginning. It was a north and south tunnel. My friends and family all took turns sleeping on my couch to take care of me. I was unable to be left alone and could still only walk a little.

Everyone saw the changes in my body but me. I saw the same old person.
May 5, 2006, I weighed 484 and that was the last day of purred foods.
May 10, 2006, I weighed 482.
May 17, 2006, I weighed 481.
But the following week I gained 5 pounds. I was shocked and was stressed out about it. I, of course, called the doctor right away. He told me to relax and that my body was just trying to hold on to the fat, and due to my lack of immobility, I was still retaining some fluid. The doctor put me on a new gout medication and it began to help. I got out of the wheelchair and on a walker, still in pain but trying to power through it. I was able to free myself of the walker and wheelchair.

Every day the nurse came to check my wound and it was not getting any smaller. I canít keep anything down and throw up several times a day. Severe nausea and dry heaving was how I spent most of my days. Dehydration set in and I ended up in the hospital. They did an upper GI test to see if I had a blockage. None was found. I spend a week in the hospital, and then was sent home. My wound became infected after I got home from the hospital and they thought it might have been a staph infection, which you can get from a hospital stay. Well, it wasnít, but a nurse did leave a piece of gauze in my wound. My fever was 105 degrees and I almost ended back in the hospital again. My doctor had his hand inside my wound and pulled it out. I was in shock and sick as hell.

The doctor decided to try a wound vac. Which at the time sounded nice, but didnít help me at all! It made the outside of the wound close and the inside was still a gaping hole. I had to have another surgery to reopen that section of my incision. This was done under a local anesthesia and hurt like hell. During this surgery the doctor found a piece of sponge that a nurse left inside of me from the wound vac. I have pictures for the people who arenít faint at heart. June 4, 2006, I was down to 474. The next few weeks I struggled to learn how to eat again. I threw up all the time if something didnít agree with me or I took one bite too many. On July 24, 2006 I weighed in at 466 and I was concerned to see my weight loss slow down. This turns out to be due to my lack of mobility.

By August I could walk again on my own. I couldnít go far but I could walk around my home and to and from my car. I now eat tuna, salmon, green beans, eggs, cheese and crackers. I couldnít eat chicken or anything reheated in a microwave. I ate beans, Bad Idea! The gas built up and caused pain for hours. I do not eat any sugar or drink any soda. August 6, 2006 I weighed 460.
August 14, 2006 I weighed 453.
August 21, 2006 I weighed 450.
My wound was still open and I still canít be alone because someone had to repack it several times a day.

In September my wound was making some progress and getting smaller. The wound care nurses now came three times a week because the wound was doing better. The doctor said it would take a year for it to fully close. I was not happy about that news. The faster I lost weight, the longer it takes to heal because it canít stick together.
September 17, 2006 I weighed 443.
September 24, 2006 I weighed 440.

October comes and fall was here. All I wanted for my birthday was for my wound to be closed and healed all the way. I came close to getting that wish but it didnít happen. October 1, 2006 I weighed 438.
October 8, 2006 I weighed 440.
October 16, 2006 I weighed 432.
October 22, 2006 I weighed 429.
October 29, 2006 I still weighed 429.
I didnít panic because certain times of the month I tend to gain 2-4 pounds the week before my monthly cycle. All I thought was, at least I didnít gain a pound.

November came and all I could think about was my first Thanksgiving after surgery. I was worried about being around all that food. Just the sight of any large amount of food would make me nauseas. I helped my mom cook the usual family feast and we made some of the dishes on the healthier side for me. My entire family was in support of this and stood by me the entire time. I made it thru Thanksgiving and didnít gain a pound.
November 5, 2006 I weighed 427.
November 12, 2006 I weighed 426.
November 26, 2006 I weighed 422.

December came with yet again, another month for a family feast. This time I was not all that worried about it. I ate pie for dessert on Christmas and that was not a good idea at the time. I ended up getting very sick from the sugar. I threw up almost as soon as I was done with the last bite. It was a very small piece of pie, but sugar was no longer my friend.
December 5, 2006 I weighed 418.
December 12 & 19, 2006 I weighed 422.
December 26, 2006 I weighed 420.

The New Year came and I am stressed out because I was not getting enough protein. I felt like I was overeating but according to my nutritionist, I am not eating enough in a day. For my weight, I needed 100 grams of protein in a day. I was getting down about 60 grams of protein a day. All I could do was to keep trying.
January 2, 2007 I weighed 418.
January 7, 2007 I weighed 413.
January 14, 2007 I weighed 414.
January 21 & 28, 2007 I weighed in at 412.

By February my wound was finally closed. I was very happy about this. It looked like I had a second belly button now that it was closed. When I have a tummy tuck done, it will be my new belly button. The hanging skin is starting to bother me as it hangs more and more. I look in the mirror and I still canít see this smaller person. I decided it is time to get some therapy. I went into the mental health department and had a consultation with a doctor that deals with addictive behavior. I currently see this doctor twice a month and have been dealing with my desire to eat for no reason. I think about food all the time. I have anxiety about food and my life. I began taking Prozac and it was a life saver. The meds along with therapy have helped me more than I can express. Dealing with the truth about my food addiction was the hardest part of my weight loss journey. Everyday I get a step closer to eating to live, not living to eat.
February 5, 2007 I weighed 408.
February 11, 2007 I weighed 405.
February 18, 2007 I weighed 407.
February 28, 2007 I weighed 406.

March came and on the 24th I was at the one year anniversary of my surgery. My goal for myself was to break the 400 pound mark. I was pissed at the four pound weight gain, but I got over it. I wasnít moving enough and just being lazy. March 24, 2007 I moved into a new home which is three stories. Now I have no choice but to move, if I want to get anywhere in the house at all. I was afraid at first but the stairs have been a good thing for me. I didnít make it to 399 for my one year anniversary but I was still going in the right direction.
March 4, 2007 I weighed 404.
March 11, 2007 I weighed 404.
March 8, 2007 I weighed 408.
March 25, 2007 I weighed 406.
March 31, 2007 I weighed 402.

April 8, 2007 I weighed 408. I was not happy about it. I saw my doctor and my body is still struggling to hold onto the fat.
April 9, 2007 one day later I weighed in at 405.
April 13, 2007 I weighed 402.
April 22, 2007 I broke the 400 pound mark and weighed in at 397.
I have not been in the 300ís for the last 15 years. This was truly a happy day for me. One year and one month later I reached my goal of breaking the 400ís. Everyday I keep working on doing the right things for my body. The success feels amazing. Every struggle I went through was worth it. I am nowhere near the end, but I will keep working on a happy ending.

This is all I have to share for now. I will keep writing and maybe next year I will let everyone know how the rest of 2007 went. I also want to make it very clear that I am not a cheerleader for Weight Loss Surgery. I did what I felt was right for me personally. I do believe everyone has the right to choose whatever their choice may be.

Last edited by Observer; 04-04-2009 at 06:25 PM.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default My WLS Journey Part 2

April 22, 2007 I broke the 400 pound mark and weighed in at 397. This was an amazing moment in my life since I had not been less than 400 pounds for over a decade. May of 2007 I began another water aerobics class that went through the summer. The weight loss kept happening.

June, July, and August I had a few ups and downs with food. As I was able to eat more the battle of will began between me and food. I decided to stay in therapy but then life happened and I wasnít able to continue for a few months.

I still donít eat fast food or drink soda. I rather cook at home than eat out. I seem to get sick when ever I eat at a restaurant. Dairy such as milk and ice cream are not tolerated. I can cook with milk and have no issues, but canít drink milk or eat ice cream even if it is sugar free ice cream.

There are times when I donít even think about food at all and some days where I feel like I can eat all day long. I am thankful that I am not able to eat as much as I want to. My mind seems to try and control my food. So the daily battle with food continues. I make far better food choices than I ever have in my life. I think about everything I put in my mouth before I eat it.

I made it through the holidays in 2007 without gaining any weight. There have been some ups and down with my weight by 3-5 pounds. But it is just water weight. I am dealing with the repercussions of once being almost 600 pounds. My knees are now bone on bone and will need to be replaced. There is of course lots of extra skin on my belly and my arms. For the most part my body has adjusted to the weight loss and what little elasticity was left my skin held it together as much a possible.

March 2008 was very stressful. I wasnít feeling well on a drive home with my boyfriend at the time. I thought the nausea was because I hadnít eaten in many hours. Then I thought I was getting car sick so I asked him to pull over and I threw up. It was dark and we were in the middle of no where taking a freeway that was a back road up to my parents place. I started coughing up blood and there was no hospital near us. He was driving way over the speed limit to get me to a hospital. We were about forty five minutes away from the nearest hospital. We pulled into the parking lot and I began to vomit large amounts of blood. Needless to say I was scared to death. The doctor told me that I was bleeding internally and needed to have emergency surgery. The Doctor also told me that he would do his best to stop the bleeding, but he wouldnít know how bad it was until he got in there. Yet again another surgery for me!!! It turned out to be a bleeding ulcer which the doctor was able to repair. I was just thankful I didnít have to be awake as I was being scoped.

April 2008 I am still loosing but it has slowed down. I now only get on the scale once a week to make sure I havenít gained any weight. At this point it is still coming off but not as fast. I was depressed because of the health issues so I broke down and had chicken nuggets and a small French fries. I canít tell you how shity I felt as I was eating it. Half way through eating them I started to get very nauseous. Then the dumping started and I had to throw up. That was the first time that I had eaten fast food in two years. I felt for a moment that I had let myself down. I hate the fight that I have with myself every day to keep my food addiction under control. The next day I got back on track and kept my mind in better spirits.

May 2008 I died three times in one week. Yes I said three times. I went into what they called Ventricular Tacky Cardiac aka V-Tack. At first the doctors had no clue what was wrong and they sent me home. Later that week my boyfriend and I were watching a movie and I passed out and ended up on the floor. We were spending the weekend at my parents place. I could hear my mom calling 911. My dad was trying to get me up off the floor because my foot was trapped under the dresser which weighs a ton. I could hear everything around me but couldnít respond. I was dripping with sweat just like you see in the movies. The paramedics took me to the hospital and I was there for hours. The doctors ran so many tests. I even had an MRI. Still they didnít know what was wrong with me. The doctor came in and said I think you just had a severe case of dumping. I told the doctor I am two years out I know what dumping feels like and this isnít it. They were about to send me home and I passed out again. Since I had just returned from having the MRI I wasnít hooked up to the heart monitor. Thank god there was a nurse in the room who saw that I was going into convulsions. The next thing I know lots of people are running into the room. I could hear them but I couldnít respond. They hooked up the heart monitor then put the paddles on me. I heard the doctor say charge to one hundred. What I felt next sounded like a sonic boom to me. I hope none of you ever have to be shocked back to life. It hurts like hell for the record. Later that day I had a pace maker / defibrillator implanted. The night of the surgery I was shocked two times by my new remote control, woo hoo for meÖlol

All I can say is my poor boyfriend. He went to hell and back with me. Even though we are no longer together he gave it all he had to give while he was here with me. In June he moved back to Europe. It isnít easy when your girlfriend dies on you. It took a bit of time to recover. July was a tough month. I was in a ton of pain. The doctors canít give me any anti-inflammatory drugs because it could eat a hole in my pouch. I was in Vegas working at the bash. By the end of the week I couldnít move my hands and could hardly walk. No one knew how much pain I was in each day at the bash and the vendor fair. At the time I was just doing too much too soon.

In August they discovered the top lead was disconnected. So I had surgery to reconnect it. After the surgery I had a major flare up. I was told the screw was too tight and had punctured my heart sack. I was back to square one. I couldnít walk, eat, lie down or barely sit up in bed. It was also hard to breath. I spent a week in the hospital. They yet again had no clue what was wrong. I couldnít even yawn without having major chest pain when I would inhale. One of my doctors ran some more tests and discovered I had Systemic Lupus. My mom has it and one of my aunts died from it. There is no cure but it can go into remission. For those of you who donít know Lupus is an autoimmune disease so the body attacks itself and the vital organs. All the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. Now the doctors knew why I had all of these other conditions.

I spent all of August and September recovering. My best friend was out of the country for about six weeks while all of this was happening. She called me and kept saying to me
ďStay alive I am on my way home.Ē I think the support from my family and friends helped me fight to recover. In October I started to feel much better. I started doing some walking as exercise. I told myself I wouldnít let all of these obstacles beat me down. No matter what I was going to keep going and power through all the pain. I refuse to give up even though there are days that I just want to eat what ever I want. I lost 30 pounds between August and October. November and December were very stressful, because my moms Lupus became active again. She was in the hospital for over a month and we almost lost her. All I wanted for Christmas was my mom to be able to come home and be with all of us. My dad, my brothers and I took shifts at the hospital so that mom wasnít alone. I held it together and still found time to cook the holiday meals for the entire family. My mom made it home on Christmas Eve. I canít tell you how happy I was. I broke down in tears after my brother said grace for Christmas dinner. Even with all the stress I managed to keep my eating on track. In the past I would have eaten any and everything to help me cope with the stress. I would have hit the drive thru or stuffed myself with anything that I felt would comfort me. I would only be hurting myself if I did that so I stayed focused.

In 2008 I had a lot of things on my plateÖlol and that doesnít include any food. I am so glad to still be alive that I have a new outlook on life. You never know how much time you have. Life is too short to be unhappy. I have decided to start living my life to the fullest. I want to enjoy every day that I have left. Nothing tastes as good as waking up everyday. I am now down to 324 pounds. My goal was to get down to 300 pounds. It is kind of fitting that I am at 324 because on March 24, 2009 is the three year anniversary of my wls. I am happy with my results and have done the best I can. In my life doing the best I can is all I have to give right now. Last month I got a new Tattoo and the scroll on it says ďToo Tough to Die.Ē I felt that was fitting after everything that has happened to me thus far. In three years I have gone from 588 pounds to 324 pounds. Total weight loss of 264 pounds.

For those of you who want to know more about Lupus here is a link to a bit of info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemi..._erythematosus

Take care and much love to all of you who have been there for me. All of the prayers and emails have been amazing. I donít have any sister but I do here on Dimensions.

Monique

Last edited by Observer; 04-04-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:51 AM   #3
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Woman, why did you make 2 different threads? lol. I want to comment on them both, at the same time and can't!!!!!

Anyways, I wanted to say congrats on being a fighter. I'm sorry you are or were so sick, but I am glad they figured it out!!

So, I have to ask, did you see a white light? lol.

It was brilliant to read your story. Sounds like a very hard road to travel.

*hus*
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:01 AM   #4
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

LOL No I did not see a white light but I could hear everything around me.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Monique, I want to thank you for posting this story. It made me cry to hear of your pain. But it also makes me think about things that I can do to make myself stronger. You are a fighter and that is inspiring. I am glad that your Mom made it home in time for Christmas. May God bless you and always keep you safe!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #6
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Monique, you have been through the wringer. I can't imagine going through one tenth of what you've endured, and yet here you are, with such an amazingly positive attitude. You humble me.

I'm just very glad that you're still with us and able to tell your amazing story. I hope you continue to heal and feel better so that you can continue to update us. I can't wait to hear about how things are going to continue to improve for you and for you to get your life back and do all the things you've always wanted to do.

Take care, Monique, and thank you for telling us your story.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Monique, you are a souljah girl! You really have been through hell and highwater; but I think your story is an example of the strength of the human spirit and the will to perservere.

Continued healing and health to you!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yup...you are a fighter. I hope that you can take off the boxing gloves more often! I think Monique's tend to be pretty good at surviving. Well, I might be a bit biased. You are quite the woman.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There is a reason that you have come through all that you have Monique, It is to be a beacon of light and hope to others.
You are a real inspiration, and damn girl you Hawt! I saw your pic in the sexiest pic in clothes thread!

Bless you.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
johnnny2005

johnnny2005 knows EXACTLY what's going onjohnnny2005 knows EXACTLY what's going onjohnnny2005 knows EXACTLY what's going onjohnnny2005 knows EXACTLY what's going onjohnnny2005 knows EXACTLY what's going onjohnnny2005 knows EXACTLY what's going onjohnnny2005 knows EXACTLY what's going on
Smile

You are an inspiration to us all Monique,i was never aware of all you went through.I admire you!
johnnny2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

Thanks so much for all your support. Big Hugs to you all.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't know you, but I'm proud of you all the same. You have a wonderful outlook on life and you look GREAT. Bless. :*

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #13
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

Monique, I wish you a happy 2009. You're a survivor. I'll keep you in my prayers.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:21 AM   #14
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You're tough, Monique. Kudos and much respect. Best wishes for happy days ahead. Please take care of yourself.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:25 AM   #15
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

You all have no idea how much your prayers and well wishes have ment to me. I know it has kept me going.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:44 AM   #16
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just cruising by to say hi Mo! Keep Strong girl.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #17
Hellsing2o2

Hellsing2o2 has said some nice things

Congrats on the weight loss Hope you feel really well! And yeah, WLS is always a very iffy decision no doubt.
Hellsing2o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #18
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OK, I merged the two threads and put parts 1 and 2 in sequential order to facilitate understanding.

Hope it helps.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:29 AM   #19
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
OK, I merged the two threads and put parts 1 and 2 in sequential order to facilitate understanding.

Hope it helps.
It does indeed! Refer to my above post about there being two threads! Thanks!!
Old 04-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #20
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post

Hope it helps.

A lot. Thanks.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #21
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

Default Part 3

I wasnít quite sure if I was comfortable sharing this part of the journey. But I started this and I am committed to it till the very end. I have lost as much weight as I feel I needed to loose. My goal was to get down to 300 pounds and I am almost there. I saw the doctor that did my WLS a couple months ago to make sure everything was ok with me and he wanted to do an upper GI test. Those are no fun and I canít stand that stuff they make you drink before the test. The one cool part is that there is a big TV in the room and I got to see everything as the test was done. I had never seen what I looked like inside. He said my pouch is still small and has not stretched out that much. It is the size it should be which is perfect for me.

I can eat normal portions and have still been know to over eat when something tastes so good you want just one more bite. Even though that one last bite will cause me to get sick I still do it. I am still a foodie what can I say.

He sent me to a plastic surgeon that he works with all the time. Both doctors agree that it is time to start the removal of all the extra skin. There will be several places that I will need to have done for medical reasons. Having a bunch of extra skin hanging there causes rashes and things I am sure the men wonít understand. Just take my word for it men. On August 6th 2009 I go onto the next chapter of my WLS journey. My first surgery will be the Panniculus. I almost started to laugh when I was in the middle of the exam. As I was laying on the exam table the doctor just picked it up and moved it around like it was a side of beef brisket. They will also repair a hernia that I now have. Having a hernia is no fun and uncomfortable at times.

I am excited, scared and sad all at the same time. I feel the loss of a part of me. But on the other hand I have never know life without a big hanging belly. Even though it is half the size it use to be I still wake up to it everyday. But I knew this day would come and I have to keep going and finish what I started. The next surgery will be all of the hanging skin on my arms. I don't think I will do that till 2010. I don't heal well so one surgery at a time. When I make it through those two medically necessary surgeries then who knows I might buy new boobs. But for now it is time to say good by to the first set of extra skin. I will let you all know what it weighed when it is done and I am back at home. I will be in the hospital for about a week just to make sure all goes well. They always keep me longer for my safety. My pre-op is on
July 29th then on August 6th we do the deed. Take care everyone and say a little prayer for me.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #22
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I really hope everything goes well darling. Good luck!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:13 AM   #23
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

I'm excited for you Monique. It's a scary step, one that I am afraid of to be honest. But like you said, you have to finish what you start. I wish you miraculous healing and health!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:25 AM   #24
Shosh
Susannah

My very best wishes to you Monique. You are a beautiful and brave, courageous woman.
Bless you.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:44 AM   #25
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hope it goes well, Monique. Prayers for you and we'll be thinking of you.