Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The WLS Controversy

Old 07-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #26
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow, just wow! I think I'll stop complaining about my diabetes now.

Good Luck, you are an actual miracle!
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #27
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hope it happens smoothly for you. I also wish for you to have a reasonably speedy recovery. I always wondered if i'd have to have something like this when/if i lose weight.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #28
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Monique, you looked so healthy and gorgeous when i saw you, but please make sure who ever you go to for surgery is very very good and very aware of your cardiac issues...every surgery we do is a risk, and i know rashes are uncomfortable, but you have time to make a very careful choice of an md and an anesthesia doc...best of luck.

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:42 AM   #29
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialbFly View Post
Monique, you looked so healthy and gorgeous when i saw you, but please make sure who ever you go to for surgery is very very good and very aware of your cardiac issues...every surgery we do is a risk, and i know rashes are uncomfortable, but you have time to make a very careful choice of an md and an anesthesia doc...best of luck.
The doctor that did my WLS is doing this surgery along side the plastic surgeon. They work together and I trust him. He operated on me at my heaviest weight and got me through it safely. My whole team of doctors are all in close contact with one other so all is going to be fine. It was good to see you in Vegas.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #30
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hello Everyone, I had my Pre-op yesterday. The doctor was not happy with me. Eating out in Vegas added up. They told me not to loose any more weight over a month ago. But he didn’t say don’t gain any…lol I am kidding I was not happy about that part nor was my doctor. But what I ate in Vegas stays in Vegas…ha-ha I am back on track now that I am at home and don’t have to eat out.

One week to go and I still can’t believe this is happening. It felt so surreal when I was doing the pre-op. It made me remember when I was going to have the WLS. I am not scared but I am very anxious and that has been causing me to eat. No Prozac since last week because of the surgery I am about to have so I am on the edge. Plus I am on steroids I want to eat all the time. It is so hard to control it. I can’t wait for this to be over and move on to the next chapter. Sometimes I feel like my life is a Lifetime Movie of the week. It would be nice to have just a regular life with no doctors for a while. Wish me luck I love you all.

Last edited by AnnMarie; 08-04-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: no pound tracking/etc. Not allowed.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #31
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.

we wish you all the luck in the world...take care....

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:43 AM   #32
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Good luck with your surgery, Monique. I've been through the whole plastics thing, and it's a lot tougher of a recovery than you might assume. Just don't do too much, take your pain pills when you need them and try go eat good, healthy foods even though you may feel like eating junk.

Please let us know how things go, okay?
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 AM   #33
SparkGirl
Life In The Fat Lane...

SparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticedSparkGirl never has a post go unnoticed
Default Wow

Wow Monique!!! I find both your story and YOU amazing. It really makes me realize how special life is and to not take it for granted. I would imagine after such a struggle, it makes your life seem prescious! I thank you for posting your really personal story. Ever think about writing a memoir of your story. I know that a lot of people considering or are on the fence for WLS would appreciate a resourse like that. I have never seen a book like that, and would have appreciated having one to read for myself, so that people could realize that WLS is not always the miracle surgery that some people think it is. People like yourself have had a horrible (but rewarding) struggle with the surgery and it's not always simple. You are really an inspiration and hope that all the upcoming surgeries go well and you have an easier time of it.

SparkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:41 PM   #34
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Good luck with your surgery, Monique. I've been through the whole plastics thing, and it's a lot tougher of a recovery than you might assume. Just don't do too much, take your pain pills when you need them and try go eat good, healthy foods even though you may feel like eating junk.

Please let us know how things go, okay?
I will as soon as I get out of the hospital. I doubt I will be in the mood to get on line from there. Then get my anxiety and fustration out on the treadmill. I hate working out. Yes I said it but I have no choice. I woke up this morning thinking about cheesy scrambled eggs. Then kept thinking about them as I was walking...lol I had the eggs but no cheese so I am eating healthy.

Last edited by AnnMarie; 08-04-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #35
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkGirl View Post
Wow Monique!!! I find both your story and YOU amazing. It really makes me realize how special life is and to not take it for granted. I would imagine after such a struggle, it makes your life seem prescious! I thank you for posting your really personal story. Ever think about writing a memoir of your story. I know that a lot of people considering or are on the fence for WLS would appreciate a resourse like that. I have never seen a book like that, and would have appreciated having one to read for myself, so that people could realize that WLS is not always the miracle surgery that some people think it is. People like yourself have had a horrible (but rewarding) struggle with the surgery and it's not always simple. You are really an inspiration and hope that all the upcoming surgeries go well and you have an easier time of it.
Thank you for everything you said. I do want to write more about it. I think it can help people. I took my chances and it hasn't been easy. But I am so happy to be alive.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #36
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Best of luck, you are an inspiration.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:35 PM   #37
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Good luck with everything!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #38
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Good luck and my fingers will be crossed that everything is uneventful on surgery day.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #39
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

You sure have been thru the wringer Monique. I hope this goes very easy and effortlessly for you. Here's to a very speedy recovery.

If you don't mind me asking - why would they take you off the prozac prior to surgery?
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #40
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie S-R View Post
You sure have been thru the wringer Monique. I hope this goes very easy and effortlessly for you. Here's to a very speedy recovery.

If you don't mind me asking - why would they take you off the prozac prior to surgery?
It is on a very long list of meds that can will slow clotting. They took me off multi-vitimans as well till after the surgery. I do not want to bleed to death so I am doing as instructed. Sigh ok big sigh I am nervous. I will be so freaked out by the day of that I will seem calm.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:08 AM   #41
SSQT
Home sweet rib home

SSQT can now change their title

Hi Mo,

Just wanted to say thanks for your story. I've seen you at events for years but never really met you before, and I do buy your clothes. I always thought you were so beautiful and when I noticed you'd gotten smaller I wondered if you'd had surgery. Congrats on making it through such a difficult road! God bless you, girl! I will be praying for you...and I wish you a very easy surgery and recovery this Thursday. *hugs*
SSQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #42
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

I received my call today from the pre-op department. I have to arrive at the hospital by 5:15am and my surgery will be done at 7:30am. I will let everyone know I am ok as soon as I can. Everyone take care. Much Love.

Monique
Old 08-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #43
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Good luck, Monique! I wish you a nice, easy surgery and an easy recovery. Don't do too much, okay?
Old 08-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #44
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

Hi everyone, they had to cancel my surgery today. I was prepped, poked full of holes form the three different IVís that I needed and sedated ready for surgery. They came in and said my PTT level was way off the charts so they couldnít operate on me today. Apparently the PTT level determines how fast the blood will clot. Mine was so high that I could have bleed to death and my liver function was abnormal so I have to see another specialist. He will determine if they can reduce that level and see whatís up with my liver function. The surgery will be rescheduled after I see the specialist.

I was so disappointed that I just broke down in tears. At times it just seems like I canít catch a break. I was so close yet still so far. Now I have to figure out how to get the marker lines off me that the doctor did so he would know where to cut me. Everything happens for a reason but I am just so sad about what happened today. Today was not a good day for me, I want a do over.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #45
SSQT
Home sweet rib home

SSQT can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniquessbbw View Post
Hi everyone, they had to cancel my surgery today. I was prepped, poked full of holes form the three different IVís that I needed and sedated ready for surgery. They came in and said my PTT level was way off the charts so they couldnít operate on me today. Apparently the PTT level determines how fast the blood will clot. Mine was so high that I could have bleed to death and my liver function was abnormal so I have to see another specialist. He will determine if they can reduce that level and see whatís up with my liver function. The surgery will be rescheduled after I see the specialist.

I was so disappointed that I just broke down in tears. At times it just seems like I canít catch a break. I was so close yet still so far. Now I have to figure out how to get the marker lines off me that the doctor did so he would know where to cut me. Everything happens for a reason but I am just so sad about what happened today. Today was not a good day for me, I want a do over.
Hey girl,

I am sooo sorry to hear about your day, but I am thanking God that they found that all out BEFORE you went through the surgery!!! Yes, everything happens for a reason, you WILL get it done...all good things are worth waiting for...HANG IN THERE!!!

Big Hugs,
Jennifer
SSQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #46
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm sorry it has to be postponed. Like Jennifer said, at least they found out before surgery!
Old 08-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #47
Miss Vickie

Oh no, Monique. Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit.

Do they know why your PTT is so high? I can't remember, are you on anticoagulants?

I know it's frustrating -- they rescheduled my surgery TWICE(!) due to yeast under my pannus, the very condition I was having the surgery to treat -- but I'm glad they looked, and that you're safe.

Hopefully they can get this under control and get you scheduled ASAP.

(((((Monique))))) I know it's frustrating, though.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #48
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Came to this thread to see if there was news. So sorry, Other Monique. I will hope for a break for you...a big one.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #49
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Oh no, Monique. Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit.

Do they know why your PTT is so high? I can't remember, are you on anticoagulants?

I know it's frustrating -- they rescheduled my surgery TWICE(!) due to yeast under my pannus, the very condition I was having the surgery to treat -- but I'm glad they looked, and that you're safe.

Hopefully they can get this under control and get you scheduled ASAP.

(((((Monique))))) I know it's frustrating, though.
OMG Vickie thanks for telling me that I felt so alone yesterday. They said they found some sort of liver disease I have an appointment on the 18th to see a specialist. It is also related to the fact that I have Lupus. We will see what they say very soon. They called me first thing this morning so they are on top of it.

Also thanks to everyone who sent prayers and well wishes
Old 08-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #50
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I know you are disappointed but it's always better to find out about problems before hand. Hopefully they will get everything under control and can reschedule your date soon. Take care.