Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 03-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I love the Lgbt board because.....?

Alrighty queers and queer pals.

I was just thinking of this board and it was making me smile..
i love it because:
Many people who are queer and been dims members for a while have now starting posting.
Some people who might not have stopped to post, have because of this board.
I feel there is a place i can really talk about my queer related experiences in a safe and queer accepting place. (Not that Dims wasnt this but i did think it was a bit hetrocentric)
Also i think Butch is comming out of her shell more..Plus all the girls are lovin on her which is making her all shy n coy but secretly she is loving it!!lol This makes me smile every day!!!
It just feels safe and cozy here.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Hmmm

I love it because there is a space here for fat n queer people, not that those spaces DON'T exist but dimensions is a different "environment" if you will.

Oh, and I've made a lot of new friends and reconnected with old ones too, so I'm happy for that. I also think that this space raises the possibility of people finding and connecting to and with one another - and romance (or what have you) could blossom from that. I know a lot of people have met through dimensions and I feel really good about that - now I can't wait to see if any GLBTQ love stories come out of this board's existence.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

...because all the cool kids hang out here!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
Tanuki
Bear. Rawr~!

Tanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I love the Lgbt board because..... It has opened my eyes to a lot of things GLBTQ, I am by no means closed minded, maybe just a little sheltered and unfamiliar with these topics, so I very much appreciate this bored and the people who post on it a lot

Thanks!
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Prince Dyscord

Prince Dyscord can now change their title

I love it because this board is openminded. A little more so than the rest of the site IMO.

Also, for me the, the BBW community and the GLBT community seemed to be mutually exclusive. It's nice to have them both in one place.
Prince Dyscord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

I love the GLBTQ board just because it is. It really has been needed for a long time. Finally, a place where I can be fat and queer at the same time and people will understand that. I think there is a cool mix of people here, too; all different kinds of queers of many different genders and orientations, plus members from the bigger Dimensions community also popping in here, too. The diversity is just awesome.

There are so many great discussions here, too; too bad I have not really had time to post lately.
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
...because all the cool kids hang out here!
Fo' Shizzle!

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #8
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One reason I love this forum is that women can express their authentic sexuality here with more freedom than possible in the rest of the boards, IMO.

The thread that butch started, "Turn me on," feels almost like it might be impossible elsewhere on Dimensions, where women are happily encouraged to turn others on, but less frequently to ask others to turn them on.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #9
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

yes i love that!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ha ha, I'm coming out of my shell more? I'll let the double entendre of that statement lie for a moment,, but I didn't know I was in a shell here at Dims.

A friend said to me not too long ago that they wondered why I wasn't more like my Dims self in real life, which threw me a bit. I didn't see that I was any different, online or irl, but they saw someone else, more assertive, I think, and less worried about what other people think when I'm posting here. I don't think I was always that way at Dims, if I even am now.

If by shell, mer, you mean the part of me that actually thinks others would fancy me, I guess you're right. Can't say that the real world offers much of that, nor the more active social fattie events. I still don't know how to process all that, so the coyness is genuine!

Slightly off topic, but your statement about the 'shell,' mer, reminded me of an old, possibly obscure song lyric: "Back before you knew me well, I was trapped inside a shell." If anyone can identify the singer without using google, then I'll give them $10.

I love this forum because I love you all.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #11
mergirl

Yes. thats what i ment.
Its like i see a new side of you kinna..just hints though.. i dont think you have changed dramatically in any way, well from what i know of you from your posts on here.
hmm..that lyric rings a bell..but nope..no $10 for me.
I have a song called conch and the chorus goes;
"I'm the broken shell you know so well
but do you hear the sea, inside of me"
I guess its about being able to find magnificance in everyone no matter how broken they might feel. I believe the sea is within us all. Very Plathian (is that a thing?) but more hopeful! lol

Anyway, another reason i love this lgbt board is because i think it seems more open minded to everyone than many other lgbt spaces and i'm wondering if thats because we are also Fat/Fa and consider marginalisation and alternative sexualities more than most..?? hmm.. Anyway, whatever the reason, it makes for a pretty neat (check out my Americanisation) place to feel relaxed and it also makes for a more interesting and diverse place.
Excellent!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:40 AM   #12
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Yes. thats what i ment.
Its like i see a new side of you kinna..just hints though.. i dont think you have changed dramatically in any way, well from what i know of you from your posts on here.
hmm..that lyric rings a bell..but nope..no $10 for me.
I have a song called conch and the chorus goes;
"I'm the broken shell you know so well
but do you hear the sea, inside of me"
I guess its about being able to find magnificance in everyone no matter how broken they might feel. I believe the sea is within us all. Very Plathian (is that a thing?) but more hopeful! lol

Anyway, another reason i love this lgbt board is because i think it seems more open minded to everyone than many other lgbt spaces and i'm wondering if thats because we are also Fat/Fa and consider marginalisation and alternative sexualities more than most..?? hmm.. Anyway, whatever the reason, it makes for a pretty neat (check out my Americanisation) place to feel relaxed and it also makes for a more interesting and diverse place.
Excellent!
Those are lovely lyrics, mer! I don't know that I hear Plath in there, but only because all I think of when I think of Plath is her "Daddy" poem, and that is like a fright night poem, in a way.

these smileys are just for you, mer!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #13
mergirl

well, you can hear the song here:
http://www.myspace.com/lisahutchisoncom
Its not a great recording though..just a one take cupboard job! lol (plus there is a whole instrumental which is ment to have accordian in it but its not there yet! lol). I prefer "Broken things". The song..not the erm things.

There is a poem ..hmm i think called "Tulips" in which she asks "Is it the sea you hear in me, its dissatisfaction, or the voice of nothing that was your madness?". Or something like that anyway.. its always sort of resonated in me..in my angsty years!

Here are some smilies right back at ya!!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:04 AM   #14
mergirl

Actually, on that note...I have also noticed Fascinita 'comming out' more in some ways for the sake of the lgbt board.. which i'm sure everyone thinks is a marvelous thing!!
GD and i think you look pretty. Before now i thought you were black for some reason and i dont know why!? I think you had an avitar with a black woman in it a while back and i thought it was you at first and then that image just stuck. Anyway....
Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 AM   #15
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
GD and i think you look pretty.
Thank you, both. So nice of you to say. You both look adorable, yourselves. As well want to say that the forum feels cozy and smart, and I want to show my support, besides. You've all done a great job with this so far.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:25 AM   #16
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Quote:
I think you had an avitar with a black woman in it a while back and i thought it was you at first and then that image just stuck. Anyway....
I am straining my noggin' to remember this avatar, and I can't for the life of moi. But then my head is seriously aching at the moment. Oy.

Anyway... Mostly I go without an avatar, in any case! Last couple of days have been rare exceptions.

OK, back On Topic.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:17 AM   #17
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Its my ickle home on the interwebs, and has made my Georgie feel so accepted and the likes. Also everyone on it is FUN there is no drama!! It is cozy and full of nice people and very interesting topics!

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #18
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
Its my ickle home on the interwebs, and has made my Georgie feel so accepted and the likes. Also everyone on it is FUN there is no drama!! It is cozy and full of nice people and very interesting topics!
I absolutely love the lack of drama and the warm, welcoming tone here. It's definitely my favorite forum at Dims.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #19
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

This board is very informative and interesting, I always seem to be learning something new here. Not to say that I was super ignorant, but threads like the proper pronoun use with transgendered people are quite helpful.

Also, everyone on this board is, dare I say it, fabulous.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #20
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Agree with the others! Most of my favourite people in one place!

I hope I am not speaking too soon, but it seems that creepy males who typically lurk on the Paysite board and type with one hand seem to stay out of this forum for some reason. Maybe we could lure them here with a thread like "Hot SSBBW Lesbo Tub Action"?
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #21
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This section does seem more laid back and thats a good thing.
I have mentioned this forum to some gay friends that have become tired of the forums they have been at for a while,so maybe you will have some new posters soon.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #22
rundmc25
Papa Grande

rundmc25 can now change their title

I like this forum because it is very inclusive of the entire spectrum of the queer community. Also, as others have stated, it's very laid back and drama free. In the past, I have been a member of other online queer communities (mostly trans related) and they always ended up becoming big old drama fests (sometimes to the point where it became comical) In the past, I have experienced transhobic gays as well as even homophobic trans people (I mean, really?) and it's good to see everyone getting along. So yeah, basically this place is cool!
rundmc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #23
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah run thats the way they describe it too.They say there are a lot of trolls and gay bashers as well.
I transitioned years ago and found gay men gave me a lot of grief at the gay/trans bars.But its much better now.
My gay friends all have partners and stay out of the bar scene but love the web.
I do hope they come here to chat with you fine folks.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #24
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rundmc25 View Post
Also, as others have stated, it's very laid back and drama free. In the past, I have been a member of other online queer communities (mostly trans related) and they always ended up becoming big old drama fests (sometimes to the point where it became comical)
Stay away from Hyde park.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:24 AM   #25
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
Stay away from Hyde park.
Yeah.. lol.. thats good advice!!