Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #26
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Yeah run thats the way they describe it too.They say there are a lot of trolls and gay bashers as well.
I transitioned years ago and found gay men gave me a lot of grief at the gay/trans bars.But its much better now.
My gay friends all have partners and stay out of the bar scene but love the web.
I do hope they come here to chat with you fine folks.
I'm sorry you felt that way and that you felt excluded from the queer community by gay guys. Also, i'm glad that its getting better. It would be great to have your friends here.. i am just loving how this community is growing more each day. I have no idea why trans folk get dismissed by gay people or the other way around. Queer is queer and you would think queer folk would want more friends and queers to keep em company!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #27
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Before the SRS I was dating both sexes but after the lesbians I knew just shunned me for some reason.Like I had invaded their "world" or something.
Gay guys thought of me as their friend or buddy and that didn't work either.
I have some gay male friends that are the best.They are funny, supprotive and just a hoot to be around.I do hope they come here.
So I ended up with a very striaght normal geeky guy who has only known me as female.
I was upfront and told him everything and he was cool with it so life is as normal as it can get FINALLY.

Last edited by Tracii; 03-30-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #28
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Before the SRS I was dating both sexes but after the lesbians I knew just shunned me for some reason.Like I had invaded their "world" or something.
Gay guys thought of me as their friend or buddy and that didn't work either.
I have some gay male friends that are the best.They are funny, supprotive and just a hoot to be around.I do hope they come here.
So I ended up with a very striaght normal geeky guy who has only known me as female.
I was upfront and told him everything and he was cool with it so life is as normal as it can get FINALLY.
Thats great, geeks are the best!
Its weird that most of the rejection that people talk about seems to be from lesbians.. i wonder why that is. I never feel that, though i dont have many lesbian friends and the ones i do have are all open minded and involved in the arts in some capacity which i think kind of go hand in hand. To be honest, i have felt shunned by the lesbian community, when i was younger, i had long hair and JEEZE the amount of women who said i was straight or that i should get a haircut.. it was rediculous. I think the problem is that the kinna old style lesbians have been marginalised for so long that they have had to develop a wee niche and if anyone trys to fit in, there are all sorts of boundaries and barriers put up. I guess i never fitted in to the 'gay scene' ..i'm not sure how many people actually do.. Hey, I think we should start a 'Gay bar' thred.. where we can all chat about this stuff.. cause i always feel i have so much i want to know about everyone here that doesnt actually fit into a catagory..hmm..ok..
Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #29
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Being Bi kind of puts you in the catagory of well he or she is not "all the way gay" to some and you get put out of the inner circle.
Thats a great idea for a thread tho'.
At 17 -18 years old and being a very femme guy I got the oh shit you are gay looking from lots of guys and girls thought I was too femme for them.
So I went thru with the change not really knowing what to expect but glad I did it.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote