Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 05-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #51
bigwideland

bigwideland can now change their title
Default History

The other part of this thread about history of people, it has been great to read them, I too have had most of the early life feeling about bigger people and fat and the relation to identy that most seem to have. It is a shame that this is still such a social taboo, expect on here clearly.

The fist time I realised that I was so wured to be turned on by fat and gaining was when I was 8 or 9 in the school was abook called the Fat Cat by Jack Kent, it is a story about a Cat that just starts eatting every thing it see and meets, and jsut gets bigger and bigger, I was in love with that book and recall having dreams about over eatting, gaining from that time on.

The story was based on a Danish fairy tale that could be hundreds of years old, so the concept of gaining must be very old, the history of gaining woiuld be a intersting history to research and write.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #52
Sweet_Serenade
Foodaholic

Sweet_Serenade does more than just post hot picsSweet_Serenade does more than just post hot picsSweet_Serenade does more than just post hot pics

Well, originally it wasn't for fun or on purpose.
I was kicked from my parents house at a young age and stayed with my best friend now spouse. I was terribly depressed and found comfort in food, I use to actually be very skinny, but I didn't care about my looks, no self esteem will do that to 'ya.

I just ate a lot from then on, I felt just a little bit happy when I ate, the world seemed like slightly less of a bad place. So, I didn't bother to stop when I put on weight, and nobody said anything to me for fear that it might make things worse for me. So, over the course of like three years I put on 70-80lbs, I forget. By that time, my life was looking up, I was starting to get happy, all was great. So, I dusted myself off and suddenly realized that there was a lot more of me.

Not thinking about what I wanted, not understanding it, I decided to diet, exercise and lose the weight. Well, I came to lose like 25lbs before I realized something odd. I didn't like what I saw, I never really thought much about what I felt would make me look more sexy in MY opinion. So, for a while I hovered at the post diet weight trying to understand what was going on. I had no idea people could like being fat or find that attractive. So, thankfully I did go through that bout of depression, otyherwise I might never of realized this preference about myself.

So, not long after I decided to gain weight and see if I would like how I look more if I did. Turns out that I did, and I haven't really looked back since. So, in all of my quirkiness, I gain weight simply because I like how I look even more as I get fatter. I also like numerous other aspects of weight gain, from adjusting to the weight as I walk, to needing to buy new clothes, even reactions I get from people. It feels sort of... naughty? I like it a lot, it's just a shame that a lot of people who know me, associate my weight gain with depression.

Oh edit, I suppose it also helps that I just adore food and eating a lot.

Last edited by Sweet_Serenade; 05-10-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Sweet_Serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #53
sarrymue

sarrymue has said some nice things

I have gained 5kg (about 12lbs) since last September. I don't gain currently, but I feel "too thin" so I would like to gain some flesh. There seem to be more pros than cons of wg for me:

+ maybe sexier body (I would like to give adieu to my "ruler type figure")
+ curiosity, I like trying new things and gaining new experiences
+ excuse to shop (food, new clothes)
+ looking forward to seeing reactions from people who I haven't seen for ages

- it's hard to put on weight
- uneasiness about how will people react
sarrymue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #54
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It can be hard to gain at first but when your bodies metabolism takes over look out!
I'm at the point where gaining seems automatic.I see food, I eat it, I gain.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #55
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have to say, I'm really envious of the people here who were able to freely realize and enjoy their love for being fat at such a young age. I recall hating every second of being fat when I was younger. My family and friends made sure to humiliate me as much as possible about my weight and speak poorly about fat people they knew or saw. My mother came from a chubby family but my father had ginormous fat women on his side. My dad had a sister who was well over 500 pounds and his mom was in the upper 300's, possibly more. My dad hated them both and their fatness horrified my mother as she saw me grow to resemble them in stature. She did whatever she could to prevent it.

I carried a strong sense of shame about myself everywhere but in private I have vivid memories of staring at myself for hours in the mirror wondering what it was that was supposed to be so horrifying about my body. Amidst all this shameful loathing of myself was this odd and eerie sense of narcissism that I knew on some levels was unnatural. I thought full wide hips, soft curves, full breasts, lots of skin, plush arms, etc. looked fantastic. I would test my jiggle by moving around and then stopping suddenly to watch what would keep moving. I remember vaguely stuffing my bra and my jammies but honestly I didnt really need to. My body grew like gangbusters so I was preoccupied with watching the changes and pushing my weight around on happless boys in the neighborhood. Collecting things was never really my bag but I made mental note of famous people and folkloric figures who had bodies similar to my own and used it as validation. It was at those private moments I felt most human and alive if that makes sense. Otherwise the view of super fat women scared me because of everything I'd been taught to fear and be ashamed of. Heh, try relating to all THAT.

As I gain I begin to lose that wretched weight. I'm tired of being terrorized by everybody else and made to feel bad about being who I am and being happy about it. I can't possibly get fat enough to equal that old burden, it's been horrible. I feel like I'm fighting for the right to exist and enjoy my existence as I am. Why not? Everybody else gets to. There are definitley still moments of aprehension since a lot of my interests are very much image oriented and I worry about my health like anyone else does. I just don't want to go back to trying to intellectualize myself into an alternative biology. There is nothing positive associated with that at all. I'm beginning to view this form of fat narcissism as a liberating blessing and not the mark of a freak who needs to be fixed.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #56
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Like Ivy, I too was fascinated with the "Fattest People" sections of the World records books. I would like to gain weight, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't.

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #57
rubenesquehunny

rubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesrubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

the simple hedonistic nature by which I can indulge my total gluttonous side and eat as much as I wish as a princess with several servants that are only around to meet my needs lol...that and how soft I become, I love the softness of my belly and hips....
Old 03-11-2011, 05:51 AM   #58
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

1. Stress
2. Have to eat cheaper foods
3. It's winter in Minnesota. 'Nuff said.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #59
robingurl

robingurl has said some nice things

..mm probably all of the food, the fully belly afterwards, the arousal of being so full and being so naughty for eating WAY more than I should...the comments from family and friends about how big I'm getting...I just LOVE being fat and getting fatter....:3 its so much fun to gain!
robingurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #60
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

I agree with you Robingurl. The wonderful buzz of being "pleasently stuffed" with my belly filled to capacity is such a great feeling, knowing I have overindulged in a totally gluttonous manner. And I enjoy the comments on how big I have become. I too love getting fat!
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #61
pineapplechertdog

pineapplechertdog has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
It can be hard to gain at first but when your bodies metabolism takes over look out!
I'm at the point where gaining seems automatic.I see food, I eat it, I gain.
I have to agree 100%.
pineapplechertdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #62
AmyJo1976
Corpulently Content

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

First post, been lurking for a few months and finally registered. I didn't start out gaining on purpose. I started putting on weight after I hit 30. For some reason I just started loving to eat. I tried to fight it for a few years and then gave up after getting to 220. I started eating what I wanted and in a year I had put on 40 more pounds. In the last year I've really began to like the bigger me and gaining. I've been purposely trying to get bigger since June. I'm around 285 right now. I don't really have a goal weight, I just know that it's going to be a lot bigger than I am now So I'm gaining weight, because I love being fat and getting fatter too.
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #63
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
As I gain I begin to lose that wretched weight. I'm tired of being terrorized by everybody else and made to feel bad about being who I am and being happy about it. I can't possibly get fat enough to equal that old burden, it's been horrible. I feel like I'm fighting for the right to exist and enjoy my existence as I am. Why not? Everybody else gets to. There are definitley still moments of aprehension since a lot of my interests are very much image oriented and I worry about my health like anyone else does. I just don't want to go back to trying to intellectualize myself into an alternative biology. There is nothing positive associated with that at all. I'm beginning to view this form of fat narcissism as a liberating blessing and not the mark of a freak who needs to be fixed.
I've read this so many times I want to ingrain this into my own psyche. . For several reasons Lily's perspective has struck an amazing chord with me. . It is straight to the point and says something I wish I could have said. . Well put, well stated, and while I'm sure it's been a journey. . It surely seems to be a liberating one. . I've always felt beauty is subjective, and on more times than I'd like to mention tried to "defend" (not the best term) my particular "preference", in feminine beauty. You can't explain anything to a closed mind... I don't consider my preferences a "fetish", I find women of all shapes and sizes beautiful in their own way. . It just how I am. .

I do confess to finding the more rounded, fuller female form preferable, over the years we were married, my wife went from a smallish bbw, to a very large ssbbw. . She didn't like being fat, but she loved to eat. . Combine love of food with a metabolism that is conducive to gaining weight.. (to take a word or two from Tracii) "look out".
Old 12-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #64
Jake v.2.0

Jake v.2.0 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJo1976 View Post
First post, been lurking for a few months and finally registered. I didn't start out gaining on purpose. I started putting on weight after I hit 30. For some reason I just started loving to eat. I tried to fight it for a few years and then gave up after getting to 220. I started eating what I wanted and in a year I had put on 40 more pounds. In the last year I've really began to like the bigger me and gaining. I've been purposely trying to get bigger since June. I'm around 285 right now. I don't really have a goal weight, I just know that it's going to be a lot bigger than I am now So I'm gaining weight, because I love being fat and getting fatter too.
Wow...after reading that comment and seeing your picture (I'm assuming that's you in your profile pic, you're really cute btw) ...I've just decided that you're the most desirable woman in the world
....try not to let the title go to your head
Jake v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #65
gonnabeBIG

gonnabeBIG has said some nice things

ahhhh weight gain

As I'm new to the weight actually sticking on me, I may have a different perspective.

I was underweight most of my life. Now that I've gone from underweight to overweight, I can say that I like feeling more confident about my size. How just looking bigger makes people consider me differently. I really love how soft I am and how my ribs are slowly dissipearing. I love when I run down the stairs how my body shakes. It's fun just taking up more space and every new inch just feels like an acomplishment. I really like seeing people that used to be bigger than me seem to shrink. I love seeing my stoumach press into my shirt more and more every day.
gonnabeBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #66
JimBob
Wondering Where You Are

JimBob can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJimBob can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJimBob can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I need a pot belly. I'm relatively skinny with a little roll, and I want it to at least be able to stick out over my waistband when I sit down. I want it to be soft enough for a girl to rest her head on during a movie, and just big enough to rest a beer on if she rests on my shoulder. It's all I want.
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #67
extra_m13

extra_m13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesextra_m13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesextra_m13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default why

i thank God that people like ivy are among us. personally i find gain weight very hot in woman... why? i love the look and the feeling. why? well, for every color is a taste is a guess.
extra_m13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #68
FatLover456

FatLover456 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnectedsmile View Post
what's more... thanks for totally jogging my memory of older copies of the Guinness Book. when i was in elementary school, i used to fawn over the "Fattest Women Ever" pages for hours
Haha. I used to love those old Guinness and Ripley's books, when I was little the first fat model I'd ever seen was through a ripley's book back in like grade 6 (of course I was always interested in the bigger ladies even before then), it was spectacular, in fact it was none other than Teighlor being recognized there as a successful model and actor.
FatLover456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #69
JASmith
Godless heathen

JASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Well, when I was gaining, it was for the belly. Pure and simple. I wanted a bigger one, and that's what I got.
JASmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #70
Castbola

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are mistaken. Write to me in PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #71
Castbola

I regret, that I can not participate in discussion now. It is not enough information. But this theme me very much interests.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #72
runningsoft

runningsoft can now change their title

That's a solid question, and I am sure many people have similar answers.

For me, I began gaining a short while ago when I met a lovely girl who taught me not to be afraid of fattening foods.

I had a family that was very image-conscious, so a pound gain would result in remarks and comments.

Currently I am happily gaining. I love the way it feels, wearing clothing that is tight and snug. I love that it keeps me warm and how it feels when I grab and giggle it. I started off about 150's and quickly gained to 160's and am currently up towards 170's. Goal is probably around 200, but there is no rush

Here's my profile if anyone's curious: http://brosnan007.deviantart.com/
runningsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #73
Weejee

Weejee can now change their title
Default Liked the feel of fat.

I gained because I liked the jiggle and bounce of my fat. Also, just looking fat is fun.

I got sick and lost a lot of weight. I'm still very sick and have to give myself these horrible shots in the stomach. Ran out of space on my stomach. Then I started gaining weight again. Just a few pounds, mostly from Trader Joes Chocolate chip cookies and also their wonderful candy bars.

The shots are easier now, because I have a new layer of fat on my belly!
Weejee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #74
kirk

kirk has said some nice things

I so loved the Guinness world book of records as a kid and went the university to take out books on obesity so I could see pictures of the research subjects. My how the internet has changed the life of budding FAs
kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #75
Skinnygainsfifty

Skinnygainsfifty has said some nice things

I was very skinny as a kid. I tried to find the root cause of developing this fetish, and the closest I can recall is when I saw a documentary of bbw fetishes. It was the first time I ever saw an overweight woman. I was roughly eight or so. It wasn't really a sexual feeling, but more of a fascination. Over time, after puberty I guess, fat really turned me on. When my friends would talk about some porno, it would be about some skinny chick with big tits or something (keep in mind teenage boys), and none of it ever aroused me. Then after the image of what I like became clearer, I started to gain weight myself. Starting at 130 pounds at 15, I ate and ate in secret so no one would know I was purposely gaining. At first it was tough to stuff so much food, then after a while it became second nature to me. One day I realized, wow I'm fat. I think the realization came when all of my old friends were calling me "fatty" or "tubby". At this point I was at my heaviest, 235 pounds. A 100 pound weight gain over the course of three years. Stretch marks, tight fitting clothes, belly hang, waddling. Everything about it came together and I was lost in lust. I couldn't wait for the day to be over so I could lock my door, eat, then play with my belly until I fell asleep. Then around 16~17 a lot of things where happening. The negative comments, the loss of friends, so many things. So, I snapped. For the last 5 years I have weighed 133 pounds. Now I have realized that this attraction is a part of me, and isn't going away. I feel stronger than I did then, so now I'm gaining at least 50 pounds back. I miss it all, feeling big, being big, tight clothes, out of breath moments, not fitting into places, just the whole package. It completes me almost. I don't know.

So, the reason I'm gaining weight. It turns me on? I don't know really, I like it.
Skinnygainsfifty is offline   Reply With Quote