Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 03-31-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Hetrosexuality Questionnaire.

As part of my psychology degree i decided to take a free choice course that discusses in part institutionalised racism/homphobia within mental health services. I just came across this questionnaire, which is really interesting because it flips on the head many questions about homosexuality that have surfaced over the years.
http://www.pinkpractice.co.uk/quaire.htm
Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
KatrinaBombshell

KatrinaBombshell can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKatrinaBombshell can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
As part of my psychology degree i decided to take a free choice course that discusses in part institutionalised racism/homphobia within mental health services. I just came across this questionnaire, which is really interesting because it flips on the head many questions about homosexuality that have surfaced over the years.
http://www.pinkpractice.co.uk/quaire.htm

wow, really makes you think about things when its flipped like that.
KatrinaBombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Apparently my father in law's husband used to hand those out to people who were straight. It does put it into perspective I was actually thinking about that questionaire last night while watching Milk. Then I come here and see the link
Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
MamaLisa
Mama Is Extraloveable!

MamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized rep

absolutely love it! EXACTLY!!!

Mama Lisa... Not your Average Fat chick! :cool: :D

Its not that i believe in love.. but that love believes in me :wubu:

FA's ! :batting: :eat2: :smitten:
MamaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
GWARrior

GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

lol this reminds me of a bumpersticker i see at school all the time.

"I dont mind straight people, as long as they act gay in public."
GWARrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Celestial Ceece
SSBBW Singer

Celestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this boardCelestial Ceece carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Yeah

I see I'm late to the party as usual, but I thought I would post my two cents. I remember doing this exercise back when I was in high school at Upward Bound. The program was run by a bunch of liberal do-gooders, so any of us "queer kids" were accepted as we were, and everyone else got an education on what it was like to be different. Basically it was one of the first places I could act like myself and not feel like being different was a bad thing. We did this exercise in a group, and it really made a great point. It really opened a lot of people's eyes. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to be in that program because they enlightened everyone who was there!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's a great questionaire. I've actually tried asking some homophobes I know questions along those lines and they end up dismissing them as ridiculous questions. I know one guy in particular who is teaching his 8 year old daughter that homosexuality is disgusting, which saddens and bothers me no end. I think next time I'm at their house I'll leave a print out of that questionairre on the table and not say anything about it. Maybe it would make him think if he sees them all written out that way.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wow does this put a lot of things in a perspective that more people need to see. Someone smart and informed made that questionnaire.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've seen this before and I think it's great. It really gets the point across.. gets people thinking. When I was the president of my high schools gay straight alliance we used this a lot actually for various things.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
It's a great questionaire. I've actually tried asking some homophobes I know questions along those lines and they end up dismissing them as ridiculous questions.
Yes. Therein lies the flaw with this questionnaire: homophobes are often lacking the ability to empathize. So they dismiss the "ridiculous questions," but don't understand why they are ridiculous.

It's still brilliantly written, though
Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #11
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Yes. Therein lies the flaw with this questionnaire: homophobes are often lacking the ability to empathize. So they dismiss the "ridiculous questions," but don't understand why they are ridiculous.

It's still brilliantly written, though
This questionaire was origionally given out as part of a workshop for people working within the mental health industry, who though might not be close minded homophobes could be guilty of perputrating institutionalised homophobia. For example, when i used to go to my doctor when i was yonger and they would ask if i was sexually active i would say yes. Then they would ask if i used protection, i would say no. Then they would give me all sorts of shit..i would just sit back and eventually once they had wasted thier time i would tell them i was gay. It is kinna fucked up that you are hetro until proven otherwise. This was part of an equality package, so i think a small % of people would be narrow minded homophobes but perhaps wouldnt think in certain situations or may ask questions which just wouldnt be asked of people who are hetrosexual. I would say that while institutionalised homophobia is not as damaging in physical ways here as institutionalised racism (Over prescribing meds, more sectioning, greater restraining used) there is still a lot of mental damage and uncomfort that can come along with people presuming you are straight in a health setting.
mergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #12
BigBawdyDame

BigBawdyDame can now change their title

What a great questionaire. I'd like to send it to all the small minded, hetrosexual bigots and see their reaction!
Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #13
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

I always find these kind of things unfortunately a bit self defeating and maybe even a little darkly humourous, so...what the hell.

1. What do you think has caused you to be heterosexual?

Recessive genes.

2. When and how did you first decide you were a heterosexual?

When I was playing with my Barbies when I was little. It dawned on me Barbie is cool and pretty and has lots of neat stuff and Ken is ugly and boring and has a stupid grin. Like oh my gawd, that grin of his is just so totally weird. Gives me the creeps.

3. Is it possible your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of people of the same sex?

More of an indifference then fear. Plus, men smell god awful. Man stink is nasty, nasty business.

4. If you've never slept with a person of the same sex, how do you know you wouldn't prefer it?

You want to put what where!? So not gonna happen.

5. Isn't it possible your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?

Not as far as I know.

6. Isn't it possible that all you need is a good gay lover?

No, I'm good.

7. If heterosexuality is normal, why are a disproportionate number of mental patients heterosexual?

Because it's fun and trendy! I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every damn minute.

8. To whom have you disclosed your heterosexual tendencies? How did they react?

Shock.

9. Why do heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex? Why are they so promiscuous?

Damned if I know. I guess they are just a bunch of horny bastards.

10. Do heterosexuals hate and/or distrust others of their own sex? Is that what makes them heterosexual?

See question 3

11. If you were to have children, would you want them to be heterosexual knowing the problems they'd face?

I've been forbidden to reproduce.

12. Your heterosexuality doesn't offend me as long as you don't try to force it on me. Why do you feel compelled to seduce others into your sexual orientation?

Yeah, like I could seduce anyone. I couldn't get laid at a prostitute convention even if I had $1000 taped to my privates.

13. The great majority of child molesters are heterosexuals. Do you really consider it safe to expose your children to heterosexual teachers?

That's false. Child molesters are neither straight or gay.

14. Why do you insist on being so obvious, and making a public spectacle of your heterosexuality? Can't you just be who you are and keep it quiet?

Because I am evil. No, seriously, ask around.

15. How can you ever hope to become a whole person if you limit yourself to a compulsive, exclusively heterosexual lifestyle, and remain unwilling to explore and develop your homosexual potential?

I feel no need to be a whole person. I'm perfectly good with being sub human.

16. Heterosexuals are noted for assigning themselves and each other to narrowly restricted, stereotyped sex-roles. Why do you cling to such unhealthy role playing?

Spite.

17. Even with all the societal support marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiralling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals?

High stress rates do to evolving social expectations and bad economy? Humans just suck?

18. How could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual like you, considering the menace of overpopulation?

See question 11.

19. There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that could help you change if you really wanted to. Have you considered trying psychotherapy or even aversion therapy?

I have a low tolerance for pain.

21. Could you really trust a heterosexual therapist/counsellor to be objective and unbiased? Don't you fear he/she might be inclined to influence you in the direction of his/her own preferences?

I pretty much distrust everyone.

22. How can you enjoy a full, satisfying sexual experience or deep emotional rapport with a person of the opposite sex when the differences are so vast? How can a man understand what pleases a woman, or vice-versa?

See question 12.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Your heterosexuality doesn't offend me as long as you don't try to force it on me. Why do you feel compelled to seduce others into your sexual orientation?

But I've been reining it in ever since John Barrowman got that restraining order against me...

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #15
undrcovrbrothr
Beach nut

undrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized rep

WOW.. A totally absurd quiz trying to make me feel bad for who I am... like guilt really works!!! This is why I am SO GLAD I am a historian and not anything else...

Proven human genetics.

Being a human being is not a decision I made.

3. Is it possible your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of people of the same sex?

Nope.

4. If you've never slept with a person of the same sex, how do you know you wouldn't prefer it?
Because my body says I would not.

Hmmm... 36 year phase? Doubtful.

That would be a NO.

7. If heterosexuality is normal, why are a disproportionate number of mental patients heterosexual?

Anyone can skew numbers to prove a point!

Hmmmm.... I neednt disclose it. LOL

9. Why do heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex? Why are they so promiscuous?

Procreation.. natural processes.. you know, keeping the human race alive.

10. Do heterosexuals hate and/or distrust others of their own sex? Is that what makes them heterosexual?

Naaaah... men are just naturally animals, no matter who they have sex with.

11. If you were to have children, would you want them to be heterosexual knowing the problems they'd face?

Ohh yeah... women ROCK.

12. Your heterosexuality doesn't offend me as long as you don't try to force it on me. Why do you feel compelled to seduce others into your sexual orientation?

Hmmm.. I don't feel the need to declare my heterosexuality..

13. The great majority of child molesters are heterosexuals. Do you really consider it safe to expose your children to heterosexual teachers?

Hmmm... another skewed statistic... what fun!

14. Why do you insist on being so obvious, and making a public spectacle of your heterosexuality? Can't you just be who you are and keep it quiet?

You mean PDA? Heterosexual Pride parades? Most people I know don't approve of having to openly flaunt their heterosexuality to be recognized

15. How can you ever hope to become a whole person if you limit yourself to a compulsive, exclusively heterosexual lifestyle, and remain unwilling to explore and develop your homosexual potential?

Maybe I should go out and explore my greedy potential, or my evil potential... then again, no. I am who I am!!!!

16. Heterosexuals are noted for assigning themselves and each other to narrowly restricted, stereotyped sex-roles. Why do you cling to such unhealthy role playing?

Hmmm... sounds like a loaded question to me...! I could flip it around, but then again that would be very "bigoted"

17. Even with all the societal support marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiralling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals?

Marriage rates for homosexuals aren't really tracked, so the divorce rates if they were would be comparable, I would guess!

18. How could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual like you, considering the menace of overpopulation?

War, famine, disease, bad luck... overpopulation is only a menace in certain countries! *yawn*

19. There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed that could help you change if you really wanted to. Have you considered trying psychotherapy or even aversion therapy?

Most absurd question yet. "Seems" isn't a very scientific approach, now is it? I didn't know Nielsen gauged "happy heterosexuals" these days!!

21. Could you really trust a heterosexual therapist/counsellor to be objective and unbiased? Don't you fear he/she might be inclined to influence you in the direction of his/her own preferences?

Of course... until they tried to seduce me or make me feel bad. Then again, what's their orientation even matter? Damn.

22. How can you enjoy a full, satisfying sexual experience or deep emotional rapport with a person of the opposite sex when the differences are so vast? How can a man understand what pleases a woman, or vice-versa?

Frankly speaking, men and women don't need to "understand" each other to use their parts to have sex and enjoy it in a natural way... and who said all men and women have vast differences?! Once again, complete and utter generalization![/QUOTE]

~~Those of a nasty disposition with nothing nice to say shall be ignored~~
undrcovrbrothr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #16
Teleute
Heh heh. "Member".

Teleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging inTeleute makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrcovrbrothr View Post
WOW.. A totally absurd quiz trying to make me feel bad for who I am... like guilt really works!!! This is why I am SO GLAD I am a historian and not anything else...
Uh, that's really the whole point, UCB - GLBTQ people get asked these questions ALL THE TIME. These questions are all mirror versions of what we hear from people trying to make us feel bad for who we are. And you totally hit the heart of the matter on some of those questions - like the one about the heterosexual therapist, where you say "what does their sexuality even matter?" That's exactly the point, it doesn't - but there are an awful lot of homophobic assholes who think a gay therapist would be trying to "turn them gay". And the ones that ask about "flaunting your sexuality" or "to whom have you disclosed your sexuality" are easy to joke about, because the instant thought is of parades and coming out stories... but it's deeper than that. We get told we're "flaunting our sexuality" just for being in public with our partners. Seriously, how fucked up is that? The stuff on "do you think this could just be a phase", "isn't it possible all you need is a good straight lover", etc. is even more common, and we feel just as strongly about the answers to those questions as you do about the "straight" versions of them.
Teleute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #17
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

I kinda think this just adds to the thought that the questionnaire (though well meaning) just maybe might not work as intended.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #18
undrcovrbrothr
Beach nut

undrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized repundrcovrbrothr has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleute View Post
Uh, that's really the whole point, UCB - GLBTQ people get asked these questions ALL THE TIME. These questions are all mirror versions of what we hear from people trying to make us feel bad for who we are. And you totally hit the heart of the matter on some of those questions - like the one about the heterosexual therapist, where you say "what does their sexuality even matter?" That's exactly the point, it doesn't - but there are an awful lot of homophobic assholes who think a gay therapist would be trying to "turn them gay". And the ones that ask about "flaunting your sexuality" or "to whom have you disclosed your sexuality" are easy to joke about, because the instant thought is of parades and coming out stories... but it's deeper than that. We get told we're "flaunting our sexuality" just for being in public with our partners. Seriously, how fucked up is that? The stuff on "do you think this could just be a phase", "isn't it possible all you need is a good straight lover", etc. is even more common, and we feel just as strongly about the answers to those questions as you do about the "straight" versions of them.
A lot of the world is flat-out absurd anyways, and I'm proud not to be associated with it, to be sure. My brother is a gay man, and he seems to have the same kinds of emotional problems like everyone else does. We grew up in a house where my Dad was 100% old school, and even though he tried to pass on what he was taught, it didn't make him a bad person. I know where he was coming from- the only way people can deal with fear who aren't open is by attacking what they fear.

You won't find me too worried about names and labels most of the time because I ignore them, and the stupid people of the world always will be so no matter what you try and tell them. Like I say, I am way too busy trying to fix my own problems and those of whom I care about to try and go on crusades...

~~Those of a nasty disposition with nothing nice to say shall be ignored~~
undrcovrbrothr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:30 AM   #19
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
I kinda think this just adds to the thought that the questionnaire (though well meaning) just maybe might not work as intended.
Well it was initially ment for intelligent people, working within the mental health industry. They would have had someone explain to them (just incase they didn't totally get it) that it was a rhetorical questionare posing the same questions to them that gay people get asked all the time. Yeah, it doesnt make sense to hetrosexual people but it sure as hell makes sense to queer people. This is the point.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:53 AM   #20
mergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrcovrbrothr View Post

Not trying to make you feel bad for who you are, just trying to make you think from a hetrosexual perspective about the questions and asertions made about gay people made all the time.

Proven human genetics.
This hasn't actually been scientifically proven. If anything the direction of thought is more pointed towards in utero hormones.

Being a human being is not a decision I made.
The question wasn't when did you decide you were a human it was when did you decide you fancied women. 'decide' being the operative word, because its not something you 'decide'

Nope.
of course not but gay people get asked this a lot!! eg. If you are gay people asume someone of the opposite sex was horrible to you

Because my body says I would not.
You mean you don't get an errection when you see men? Anyway, this is another question queers get asked ALL the time.

Hmmm... 36 year phase? Doubtful.
Another question we are asked a lot, especially when we are just 'comming out'

That would be a NO.
If i had a $ for every time some guy in a pub said to me 'You just havn't found the right man yet then i would have ..well at least $40

Anyone can skew numbers to prove a point!
We also get told that a lot of queer people are mentally ill, suffer from depression etc.

Hmmmm.... I neednt disclose it. LOL
Well thats the point. You are hetrosexual until proven otherwise

Procreation.. natural processes.. you know, keeping the human race alive.
Good for you..as i mentioned earlier to you, us queers can also have babies!! yay!!

Naaaah... men are just naturally animals, no matter who they have sex with.
????????

Ohh yeah... women ROCK.
Yes they do!!

Hmmm.. I don't feel the need to declare my heterosexuality..
This is because its assumed. The point here is that you cant 'force' your sexuality on another person.

Hmmm... another skewed statistic... what fun!
oh, you might be surprised at how many people mention queers and child molesters in the same sentence!

You mean PDA? Heterosexual Pride parades? Most people I know don't approve of having to openly flaunt their heterosexuality to be recognized
Riiight..are you getting it yet??

Maybe I should go out and explore my greedy potential, or my evil potential... then again, no. I am who I am!!!!
The question is sexuality specific and again the flip side of this gets asked to gay people a lot

Hmmm... sounds like a loaded question to me...! I could flip it around, but then again that would be very "bigoted"
hmmm

Marriage rates for homosexuals aren't really tracked, so the divorce rates if they were would be comparable, I would guess!
I think its good that you have actually tried to fill in this rhetorical questionaire.. Hopefully the gay divorce rates will be in soon. Ahh but in America gay people dont actually have the right to 'get' married in the first place..oh well, i guess it saves them divorce lawer money!

War, famine, disease, bad luck... overpopulation is only a menace in certain countries! *yawn*
Yeah, i'm getting a little bored myself

Most absurd question yet. "Seems" isn't a very scientific approach, now is it? I didn't know Nielsen gauged "happy heterosexuals" these days!!
Well queer people get sent to sexuality alignment camps where they try to cure them of their sexuality, sometimes by hypnosis and sometimes by more extreme measures. Of course this doesnt work.

Of course... until they tried to seduce me or make me feel bad. Then again, what's their orientation even matter? Damn.
Right..

Frankly speaking, men and women don't need to "understand" each other to use their parts to have sex and enjoy it in a natural way... and who said all men and women have vast differences?! Once again, complete and utter generalization!
[/QUOTE]
The fact its a generalisation is the POINT. Another reversal on the fact that gay relationships are not taken as seriously as hetrosexual ones.