Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 AM   #1
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default FA - Do you consider yourself a good catch?

I was just sat pondering this.

So many times in my life I've heard of people saying things like, 'Oh he only goes for fat chicks because he can get no better' or 'He goes for fat chicks because he's got low self esteme.'.

Frankly, that makes me feel pretty shitty but I was just thinking about how many FA I've spoken to online who are unemployed, unexperienced or any number of things considered as flaws in the dating world.

So do you consider yourself a good catch?
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:34 AM   #2
missy_blue_eyez

missy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Sorry, I know this was/is a question for the FA's but I have to say, I have met and dated a handful of FA's mainly met through this site and none of them have been unemployed or anything like that, there dateability criteria has been good on paper, just a shame that the majority of them had some serious personal demons to deal with obviously havent a clue when it actually comes to women! Or had no idea about BBW women, it was all quite fetishistic to at least 2 of them I dated!

But I met my current beau and gotta say, he's a cracker!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well to answer the question, no. I don't consider myself a good catch BUT that is seperate from being an FFA. (Assuming it's ok for FFA to answer this thread?)

If somebody dates fat people for any other reason that being an FA, then they're a jerk. If you say "Well i'm not attracted to BBW/BHM but I can't do any better", you are not an FA. You are just somebody who thinks that fatties can't get dates so you try to exploit them.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:14 AM   #4
johnnywonder

johnnywonder can now change their title
Cool

I would consider myself a good catch... depending on what that meant...Have a thriving business/No demons/Don't do drama/ Know how to TREAT a woman/House with no morgtage/I know my way around the Dior Counter/Got a black belt in Clinque/Know about Lancome and there juicy tubes....x And that is just to start with....
johnnywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

I have no idea if I'm a good catch: I've been steadily employed for the past 15+ years at a job which appears to suit me. I like the work and I actually use my two college degrees every day.

I'm straight. I don't have a criminal record. I don't have kids but I have many years of experience with them and like kids. I own my own house and keep a car on the road. I have many interests and things to talk about. I'm admittedly a bit shyer in person than I am online but I typically relax and open up when I get to know someone better. I've been called "sexy" by a long time good female friend.

No, I'm not good at meeting women. I was a major league nerd in a small, jock dominated high school so dating wasn't an option. Yes, high school did a number on my adult life (The many issues of my late Mom also helped) but I'm still trying and hopefully I'll meet the right girl someday.

Am I a good catch? I don't know but I hope I am to someone.

Dennis

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I never really thought of it that way. That is, I always thought that what was great for some people would do nothing for others, and vice-versa.

Back in younger days I accepted that obviously I was never going to get the same amount of female attention as one of my friends who is tall, dark, handsome, came from a wealthy family, and in law school, nor even as many dates as another friend who just had that knack for approaching strangers and engaging them, and hence charmed an awful lot of women. But at the same time I figured that I had some things going for me that would appeal to at least some women, and that if I kept meeting women I'd meet some good potential matches sooner or later. But I knew that dating me was never going to put a gal up many notches on the social scale, which was fine by me because I didn't care for women who cared about that much.

These days, a lot older, a lot balder, and a fair bit heavier.....well, same logic applies, but I'd assume that the portion of women who would appreciate me would be smaller.

Fortunately, when all goes well, you only ever have to meet one that you match up with well, and I did that back in younger days, so it is not a burning concern for me anymore. Yes it would be a nice ego stroke to be considered a catch I guess, but I guess it is a bit like being fat: you may know that FA will like you, but that most of society won't consider you a catch.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
'Oh he only goes for fat chicks because he can get no better'
This is absolutely true, but probably not in the way that the person who said it thinks.

As for me, I don't think that I'm a good catch, but that's completely unrelated to my being an FA and more related to my own personality stuff.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #8
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

Not so much.

I did however, get an AMAZING belgium waffle maker recently. So, in that case, yes, if you love homemade waffles.
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
LisaInNC

LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LisaInNC has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still a Skye fan View Post
I have no idea if I'm a good catch: I've been steadily employed for the past 15+ years at a job which appears to suit me. I like the work and I actually use my two college degrees every day.

I'm straight. I don't have a criminal record. I don't have kids but I have many years of experience with them and like kids. I own my own house and keep a car on the road. I have many interests and things to talk about. I'm admittedly a bit shyer in person than I am online but I typically relax and open up when I get to know someone better. I've been called "sexy" by a long time good female friend.

No, I'm not good at meeting women. I was a major league nerd in a small, jock dominated high school so dating wasn't an option. Yes, high school did a number on my adult life (The many issues of my late Mom also helped) but I'm still trying and hopefully I'll meet the right girl someday.

Am I a good catch? I don't know but I hope I am to someone.

Dennis
Looks like you are a good catch to me.. you had me at, "I have a job"

Sometimes, being a bitch is all a woman has to hang on to.
LisaInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I may be a better catch than I realized: I was landed twenty-five years ago, and I haven't been thrown back yet.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #11
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing View Post
Not so much.

I did however, get an AMAZING belgium waffle maker recently. So, in that case, yes, if you love homemade waffles.
You've got my vote
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #12
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

This is an interesting thread. To be honest, I've noticed the same thing. It's not that I have trouble meeting FA's.. it's that I have trouble meeting dateable FA's. I'm not sure if this is really FA-specific or not though. There's losers everywhere.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #13
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywonder View Post
I know my way around the Dior Counter/Got a black belt in Clinque/Know about Lancome and there juicy tubes....x And that is just to start with....
That wouldn't impress me at all. Why do you know that much about make up? And why so label conscious? Brands aren't impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
This is an interesting thread. To be honest, I've noticed the same thing. It's not that I have trouble meeting FA's.. it's that I have trouble meeting dateable FA's. I'm not sure if this is really FA-specific or not though. There's losers everywhere.
Word. Losers everywhere. I can't remember the last time I met a normal decent HONEST guy around here. Issues abound with the freaks in Jersey/NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing View Post
Not so much.
I love Belgian waffles, there's no point in eating any other kind
DitzyBrunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #14
aptx
Sometimes a twat

aptx can now change their title

I might not be a good catch, but I'm a good shag
aptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #15
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitzyBrunette View Post

Word. Losers everywhere. I can't remember the last time I met a normal decent HONEST guy around here. Issues abound with the freaks in Jersey/NY.

Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing
Not so much.

I love Belgian waffles, there's no point in eating any other kind
see, that didn't take too long, now did it?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #16
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community

After being together for 20 years, I hope so...
Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #17
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I consider myself ok. I've got perks and flaws.

I have a job. I have a car that I admit isn't particularly size friendly (I'll change it if need be). I have a cute little AA degree, and hope to go farther, so I can provide.

Personality- Ok again. I'm an introvert/extrovert mix, but I've been more of the former lately. I have my expressive bouts though.

Looks: Uhhh.... I'm fuckin' sexy....

No, but seriously: I'm ok. Some good and bad on a general level I think..

I consider my biggest flaw my dating experience (Or lack thereof). I consider myself extremely behind the power curve for someone going on 22. I'm never trying to rush things (Far from it), but I feel it hurts me sometimes. I admit that it's sometimes why I don't act on my emotions/perceptions at times.

Just like anyone else, however, these are just general dating/relationships perks and flaws. My rating doesn't change with sizes. I think I'm ok.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #18
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community

If I wasn't quite happily attached I'm not really sure how I'd stack up with the BBWs here. Not really something I need to think about.

I got the job, car, etc. but I'm a major geek. There are no shortage of geeky BHM out there to pick from. While a smaller girl can sometimes get a 2nd look from me, I got the FA gene or whatever pretty bad. It would be the major attractor, and that might not go over too well.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #19
Oirish
The Dude

Oirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going on

I think I'm a good catch. I've got many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. Seriously I think I'm a good catch. I've got a lot going on right now and I certainly don't have a predilection for BBWs because I can't get anyone else. I'm just graduating Uni with a BS in Viticulture and scheduled two interviews with top wineries. One is Kosta Browne, one of the top Pinot noir producers in America, and the other is Justin, who made a wine that was voted Best Wine in the World by a panel of judges in France back in '97. I also helped write an award-winning book on Pinot noir called "Pacific Pinot Producers". I'm well traveled and well read. I just so happen to be a damn fine cook as well. If anyone thinks that sounds like a catch feel free to PM me.
Oirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #20
Poncedeleon

Poncedeleon has super-sized repPoncedeleon has super-sized repPoncedeleon has super-sized repPoncedeleon has super-sized rep

I think that the problems you're seeing are more of an internet thing than an FA thing. Talk to people in almost any other internet community and you'll see that a lot of them are unemployed and have problems.

I'm not sure if I'm a good catch or not. It's pretty subjective and it's not easy to honestly evaluate yourself like that.
Poncedeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #21
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

i'm pretty sure the reason i've gotten laid at all is the fault of other FAs.
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #22
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
i'm pretty sure the reason i've gotten laid at all is the fault of other FAs.
that pool is shallow, yo.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #23
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaInNC View Post
Looks like you are a good catch to me.. you had me at, "I have a job"
hahahahahaha.. sorry..i wasnt expecting that!! I had a 'caught off guard lol' there!!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #24
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

As for the op question, you would have to ask GD.. though i intend hiding her laptop so she never ever does!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #25
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I suppose you will find a higher than average percentage of unemployed people at online communities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Well to answer the question, no. I don't consider myself a good catch BUT that is seperate from being an FFA. (Assuming it's ok for FFA to answer this thread?)

If somebody dates fat people for any other reason that being an FA, then they're a jerk. If you say "Well i'm not attracted to BBW/BHM but I can't do any better", you are not an FA. You are just somebody who thinks that fatties can't get dates so you try to exploit them.
I agree completely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still a Skye fan View Post
What does being straight have to do with you being a good catch or not?
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote