Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 04-02-2009, 04:48 AM   #51
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
It doesn't matter what I think of myself. I'm not the one considering whether or not to date me.
What if prospective girls turn on is high self confidence?
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:23 AM   #52
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think my hubby is a GREAT catch with some baggage, but it is worth it to me. I don't think he would ever consider himself a great catch so I had to come on here and toot his horn.

He's....employed and has been for the past 7+ years with the same company.(and he's only 29!!) He is highly motivated about everything, always thinking positive. He's educated and working on his PhD is some crazy Physics Flyer Plate Optical blah blah that I don't understand. He is wicked smart and comes from good stock He's funny (sometimes, lol) He's very kind hearted, sensitive and fair. He can keep a level head even when someone is provoking him with dramas. He's honest and true.

He loves me with all of his heart. There isn't a day that goes by that I reflect on the fact that him and I ended up together. One minute he was my guy friend on the internet and the next we are married and buying houses. Craziness. Of course it didn't happen that fast, but it feels like it did.

Physically, he is tall, over 6ft. He's thinnish 198 with muscles cos he works out. I loved his body when he was 245 as well. He has adroable hazel/brown eyes. He has luscious full lips. He isn't a hairied chest beast And well...the rest is really good as well

So yes, Mike is a good catch even if he would never say so.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #53
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
There's still about 3.2 billion other women in the world. I'm fine.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #54
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oirish View Post
I think I'm a good catch. I've got many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany. Seriously I think I'm a good catch. I've got a lot going on right now and I certainly don't have a predilection for BBWs because I can't get anyone else. I'm just graduating Uni with a BS in Viticulture and scheduled two interviews with top wineries. One is Kosta Browne, one of the top Pinot noir producers in America, and the other is Justin, who made a wine that was voted Best Wine in the World by a panel of judges in France back in '97. I also helped write an award-winning book on Pinot noir called "Pacific Pinot Producers". I'm well traveled and well read. I just so happen to be a damn fine cook as well. If anyone thinks that sounds like a catch feel free to PM me.

I'm not looking, myself, but I'd agree. You forgot to mention that you live in San Luis Obispo, which is one of the most beautiful places in the US, in my opinion.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #55
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
I think my hubby is a GREAT catch with some baggage, but it is worth it to me. I don't think he would ever consider himself a great catch so I had to come on here and toot his horn.

He's....employed and has been for the past 7+ years with the same company.(and he's only 29!!) He is highly motivated about everything, always thinking positive. He's educated and working on his PhD is some crazy Physics Flyer Plate Optical blah blah that I don't understand. He is wicked smart and comes from good stock He's funny (sometimes, lol) He's very kind hearted, sensitive and fair. He can keep a level head even when someone is provoking him with dramas. He's honest and true.

He loves me with all of his heart. There isn't a day that goes by that I reflect on the fact that him and I ended up together. One minute he was my guy friend on the internet and the next we are married and buying houses. Craziness. Of course it didn't happen that fast, but it feels like it did.

Physically, he is tall, over 6ft. He's thinnish 198 with muscles cos he works out. I loved his body when he was 245 as well. He has adroable hazel/brown eyes. He has luscious full lips. He isn't a hairied chest beast And well...the rest is really good as well

So yes, Mike is a good catch even if he would never say so.
See, thats just lovely of you. x
Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #56
KnottyOne
Ready For A Broken Heart?

KnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
How you doing ^_- haha

The past and future, is in us or nowhere. The external world is the shadow world, casting its shadows into the world of light. Now it seems to us so dark within, so lonely and chaotic. But how different it will seem to us when this eclipse is past and the shadow is removed. We will enjoy ourselves more than ever, for our spirit has suffered such deprivation.
KnottyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 AM   #57
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

At this point in my life, no, I wouldn't say I am. Not responsible enough, don't have a car, broke, although I do work, etc..

As I've learned time and time again, being a nice guy just doesn't count for all that much.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #58
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
At this point in my life, no, I wouldn't say I am. Not responsible enough, don't have a car, broke, although I do work, etc..

As I've learned time and time again, being a nice guy just doesn't count for all that much.
Aww. It is strange because I often hear women complaining about the lack of nice guys yet the same girls get bored by anyone who is remotely decent and throw themselves at jerks all the time.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #59
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Aww. It is strange because I often hear women complaining about the lack of nice guys yet the same girls get bored by anyone who is remotely decent and throw themselves at jerks all the time.
Well, you can't say the jerks are BORING...
Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #60
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Bad Catch

I could call the waambulance and call myself a bad catch because
I'm physically disabled and draw less than $1000 per month. Now
that my oxygen needs are met and my blood sugars are being
worked on, my mind and spirit are stronger than ever. I can give
a gal plenty of love, tenderness, and comfort. A strong mind
overcomes physical limitations and I'm OK with it all.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #61
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim View Post
Well, you can't say the jerks are BORING...
True, getting cheated on, beaten, abused and used is just so fuckin' EXCITING.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #62
blackghost75
Smiley is my nickname :)

blackghost75 can now change their title

Yes!!!!! I very much consider myself a good catch I have an aa. degree and I'm currently work on my bs. In geography,I should finish up in the fall of this year Once I finish up with school I'm hopping to work in my career field. Right now I'm a grounds keeper on a golf course. I'm a very goal oriented person and I'm for looking a good woman who is the same
Old 04-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #63
Victim
Oasis is JUST A BAND.

Victim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions communityVictim is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
True, getting cheated on, beaten, abused and used is just so fuckin' EXCITING.

Quite true, so boring isn't so bad.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #64
JohnWylde
Gentleman John

JohnWylde does more than just post hot picsJohnWylde does more than just post hot picsJohnWylde does more than just post hot pics
Default Wellll!

Well Em it seems that your thread is becoming a little insulting to FAs in general!

I have never considered myself a good catch because that requires a degree of arrogance and that simply isnt me!

Having said that, I have enjoyed a successful career, have undertaken and completed advanced projects and spoken at national conferences on my career discipline.

I can also say that I do know how to treat a lady and I insist on holding hands in public. I have also found that ladies I know do seem to enjoy my company.

So can I refute the generalisation that FAs must be a sub standard sort of person?

John W

P.S. No one is perfect - are they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I was just sat pondering this.

So many times in my life I've heard of people saying things like, 'Oh he only goes for fat chicks because he can get no better' or 'He goes for fat chicks because he's got low self esteme.'.

Frankly, that makes me feel pretty shitty but I was just thinking about how many FA I've spoken to online who are unemployed, unexperienced or any number of things considered as flaws in the dating world.

So do you consider yourself a good catch?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #65
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Employed is ok and all (sure, having money and independence is good) but I don't consider that a "good catch" issue. Sometimes it's a student or someone between jobs (in this economy?? likely!) - and there are a ton of other attributes which make a guy, to me, a good catch.

Is he open, caring, and interesting? Does he listen and want to know who you are and what you're about? Does he make your toes curl when you kiss him? Does he make you laugh in a way that could cause liquids to shoot our your nose? Does he squeeze your hand just to let you know he's thinking about you while you're just sitting and not talking? Does he know what you drink and order one for you if the waiter comes while you're away from the table?

These are barely even scratching the surface on things I'd consider components in a good catch, and they're certainly not FA specific - just good, nice, compatible person for me. I can't take care of two people, but as long as you're responsible for you and have a way to see me - I don't need anything else from you.

Add in a love for fat-all-over green-eyed redheads?? Hmmm, now you're talking.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #66
ssbbwlover2

ssbbwlover2 can now change their title
Default good catch?

I have not thought about it in those terms. I am a caring, sensitive, loving person with a unique style. Does that make me a good catch? That is a question for others to answer. I would like to think I am.
ssbbwlover2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #67
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
So many times in my life I've heard of people saying things like, 'Oh he only goes for fat chicks because he can get no better' or 'He goes for fat chicks because he's got low self esteme.'.

Frankly, that makes me feel pretty shitty but I was just thinking about how many FA I've spoken to online who are unemployed, unexperienced or any number of things considered as flaws in the dating world.
The aforementioned result is true, but the proposed cause is not.

In other words, yes, many if not most FAs "are unemployed, unexperienced or any number of things considered as flaws in the dating world." But they do NOT "go for fat chicks because of low self esteem." No, fat chicks are their genuine preference, and so they pursue them.

But the types of guys who are well-employed, career-minded, experienced and so forth are intensely image conscious. Therefore, they avoid they girls they're actually attracted to (fat chicks), and instead pursue socially acceptable girls (thin girls).

You get to be successful in life because you embrace the norms, and for successful guys, picking a mate is just one aspect of life success.

I know. Sucks, eh?
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #68
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Then 99% of FAs are screwed (by which I mean, they have no shot).
Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #69
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post
Mhm. xxxxxxx
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #70
kioewen

To elaborate, I wonder if it has occurred to anyone (possibly it has) that the very qualities that make it possible for someone to be an FA make it hard for them to be datable.

To be an FA means having to have a sufficient degree of iconoclasm, stubbornness, arrogance, etc. to believe that you're right, even when they rest of society is wrong (i.e., in what they insist "beautiful" to be).

It's like being a pagan in Medieval Europe, or a fascist in a modern liberal democracy. It's not easy. You're inevitably going to be a loner. You've got to be tough inside. Not necessarily in a heroic or manly way (if only). Just...tough.

Well, those qualities -- iconoclasm, stubbornness, arrogance, loner-ness -- are basically death for relationships, aren't they? That's not exactly what women are looking for.

So like I said -- I suspect that FAs have a hard time being seen as datable by the opposite gender because of the very character traits that enable them to be FAs in the first place.

If they were better-adjusted (and therefore more agreeable datable types), they wouldn't be out as FAs.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #71
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Ehhh I wouldn't say you need sturbornness or arrogance at all to be an FA. Just the ability to not be a pussy.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #72
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
To elaborate, I wonder if it has occurred to anyone (possibly it has) that the very qualities that make it possible for someone to be an FA make it hard for them to be datable.

To be an FA means having to have a sufficient degree of iconoclasm, stubbornness, arrogance, etc. to believe that you're right, even when they rest of society is wrong (i.e., in what they insist "beautiful" to be).

It's like being a pagan in Medieval Europe, or a fascist in a modern liberal democracy. It's not easy. You're inevitably going to be a loner. You've got to be tough inside. Not necessarily in a heroic or manly way (if only). Just...tough.

Well, those qualities -- iconoclasm, stubbornness, arrogance, loner-ness -- are basically death for relationships, aren't they? That's not exactly what women are looking for.

So like I said -- I suspect that FAs have a hard time being seen as datable by the opposite gender because of the very character traits that enable them to be FAs in the first place.

If they were better-adjusted (and therefore more agreeable datable types), they wouldn't be out as FAs.
Just from reading this post my chances of landing a woman have gone down 93.879778%
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #73
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Yeah, we're all totally screwed, because you're projecting your own lack of self-confidence upon the rest of the community.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:01 PM   #74
MamaLisa
Mama Is Extraloveable!

MamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized repMamaLisa has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladle View Post
I have a job
I have a house
I have a dog
I have height
I have a vege garden
I have a nice king size bed
I have an old brass WW2 Japanese mortar shell that my grandad gave me
I have an extensive alcohol collection
I have a flowering orchid in my lounge

Surely with the list above I am the ultimate catch?

Oh....did I mention I also have an UNCUT sheet of batman trading cards from the original Batman Movie from the 80's.
Sounds hot to me!

Mama Lisa... Not your Average Fat chick! :cool: :D

Its not that i believe in love.. but that love believes in me :wubu:

FA's ! :batting: :eat2: :smitten:
MamaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:30 AM   #75
kayrae
doot doot doot

kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!kayrae keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think FAs are very dateable and well-adjusted, at least the ones I've met irl. The ones I know aren't closeted about their preferences. I don't really pay attention to the undateable FAs, I guess. And I'm picky about who gets to spend time with me, so I wouldn't even bother being around disagreeable types. I'm having a problem with your generalizations.

Quote:

If they were better-adjusted (and therefore more agreeable datable types), they wouldn't be out as FAs

Last edited by kayrae; 04-03-2009 at 01:36 AM.
kayrae is offline   Reply With Quote