Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 12-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #76
Sweetnlow

Sweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized rep

I would take the magic slim pill but it would not be for me but for other people. would live longer and take care of my family not that I have any kids by now but i want to in the future. If you are fat people expect you do have the will to lose weight. They tell you about this and that diet and they tell you how to eat right and exercise. The slim pill would silent all those people. I would no longer be different. I would be one of them. That is what i long for the most. To be normal. No one would look at me and think "she is fat". I would fit into work wear and could to stuff that I'm too heavy for at the moment, like boxing. I love boxing but its a bit difficult to move fast at 280 pounds. However I don't think losing weight to average size would make me happier as a person or that I would be luckier. I try to dress well and take care of myself. Everyday I look in the mirror and I try to see the things I like about my body like my breasts and my arms. I know I am fat but it doesn't bother me that much. I know I'm overeating and I try to figure out why, what it is I compensate for. I think I will become "normal" one day but i would still be the same person inside.
Sweetnlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #77
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

definitely for less worrying and more enjoyment
Old 12-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #78
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

I accept it. To say I like it would be too strong - tho there are absolutely aspects of it that I do like, and I am personally very comfortable in my own skin and can appreciate my own version of beauty that comes in a me-sized package. And I also realize that many guys I would be open to dating are not interested in dating me (or are simply not sexually attracted to me) because I'm fat. So, sometimes "like" is not how I feel about my body; tho even then I still accept myself.

Last edited by LovelyLiz; 12-25-2010 at 11:39 PM.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:43 AM   #79
khrestel

khrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going on

I love it. I loved it before I could accept it and I actually still have problems accepting that I love it. I've been thinking of that thin-pill for years and I think if I had the opportunity I would take it. I wouldn't like it but to be accepted and liked and not causing worries for the people around me... I guess it would be worth it.
khrestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:22 AM   #80
Vespertine

Vespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this board

I will say I like it- perhaps not every minute, but significantly. I would surely miss some aspects of my body if i became magically thin. Though I may be on the more hetero end of the kinsey scale, when I find other women attractive they are almost always fat and I have liked many bhm.

But I would definitely take a skinny pill. No amount of my own self appreciation can hold up against the trouble finding clothes, partners, jobs, the list goes on. The cost benefit ratio is...I can't think of a descriptor that doesn't induce depression so I leave it here.
Vespertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #81
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
I will say I like it- perhaps not every minute, but significantly. I would surely miss some aspects of my body if i became magically thin. Though I may be on the more hetero end of the kinsey scale, when I find other women attractive they are almost always fat and I have liked many bhm.

But I would definitely take a skinny pill. No amount of my own self appreciation can hold up against the trouble finding clothes, partners, jobs, the list goes on. The cost benefit ratio is...I can't think of a descriptor that doesn't induce depression so I leave it here.
I change my answer to this. You said what I was trying to say much better than I could have!
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #82
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i just had a thought. This question seems kind of silly to me as someone who has been fat their entire life, and I just realized it, even as I've had my own struggle to accept myself fat. I don't ever question any other aspect of my being that was apparent since my earliest memory, so why should I not be perfectly fine and dandy with my fat? I know no other way of life, and had I been thin my whole life, no one would ask me if I accept it or like it, because that would sound silly.

So, while I know the question is not silly, the fact that I have to consider this at all is silly, in a fat-hating world. No offense to the OP or the responders meant, it is more a 'silly' directed at a world with such a narrow perspective.

BTW, now I adore my fat body, and my whole life. I wouldn't want it any other way, even when I have to navigate a world that isn't made for my fat body. It feels so liberating to feel that to my marrow, and to have so many supportive folks in my life who feel similarly.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #83
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
i just had a thought. This question seems kind of silly to me as someone who has been fat their entire life, and I just realized it, even as I've had my own struggle to accept myself fat. I don't ever question any other aspect of my being that was apparent since my earliest memory, so why should I not be perfectly fine and dandy with my fat? I know no other way of life, and had I been thin my whole life, no one would ask me if I accept it or like it, because that would sound silly.

So, while I know the question is not silly, the fact that I have to consider this at all is silly, in a fat-hating world. No offense to the OP or the responders meant, it is more a 'silly' directed at a world with such a narrow perspective.

BTW, now I adore my fat body, and my whole life. I wouldn't want it any other way, even when I have to navigate a world that isn't made for my fat body. It feels so liberating to feel that to my marrow, and to have so many supportive folks in my life who feel similarly.
this op thinks that response is just perfect!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #84
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I accept it. I don't love it or anything, but I,like others would miss parts of my look if I got skinny. If I could get skinny and not look like a terminally ill patient, I would do it in half a heartbeat. If my skin, hair, and overall glow could stick around while I would be skinny, I would choose that option. The more weight I lose though, the more sick I look. And I'd rather look fat and glowing than thin and dull.

Definitely there would be some awesome tradeoffs for being thinner, but I don't think I would like my reflection more than I do right now if I weren't fat.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #85
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

What's fat? What's thin? What's acceptable size/health/fatness/weight/shape/blah blah blah? I think it's super-subjective. "Fat" can be a simple concept or a tremendously complicated, interrelational one. A person can be ok with one conception of fat but not be ok with others. A person can be ok with some degrees of fat or thin but not be ok with others.

Those who have always been "fat" may have different physical expectations of themselves than those who have not. Those who have always FELT "fat" may see themselves differently than they see others, and others see them. Some people are ok with certain degrees of fat, but not others. Sometimes it's not even really about "fat" or even size, though people often substitute "fat" or weight issues for other shit that's going on physically or mentally.

Right now, I'm technically "fat" but I feel like I've already taken the thin pill. I've been much smaller, but I've also been MUCH bigger. 220 was a horror when I was on the gain, but now it's a beautiful number. I don't think I've ever been quite this healthy or quite this happy with the way I feel and look. So not only do I accept my current fatness, most of the time I actually kinda like it.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #86
b0nnie

b0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging in

I think I have always liked it, but I had to come to terms that it was ok for me to like it. When I was younger I liked how I looked but would see myself thru the eyes of others and pick at this or that….I’d find the flaws that I read about in magazines and saw on tv. I always assumed that there was something wrong with me because I didn’t see my body as something bad, so I was basically unhappy with the fact that I wasn’t unhappy with my body until I came across the whole “bbw community”. When I started joining bbw sites, I saw that I wasn’t alone in my thinking and that helped me realize that it was ok for me to be happy with being fat.

So to answer your question, no I would not take a skinny pill. I really like my body how it is and more importantly I’m finally at peace with the fact that I do like my fat.
b0nnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #87
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post

Such an apparent truth that has escaped so many for so long (myself included)......that seems like a tragedy to me.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #88
Sweetie
Where is the Love?

Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

On a good day, I'm accepting myself as I am and feel attractive. On a bad day, not so much.

In 2003, I weight 420 and underwent WLS. I went to a low of 268, and hover between 280-290 today. At 420, I was in constant physical pain and distress. I had trouble breathing, couldn't move around very well and didn't fit in the drivers set of my car, which was at the time a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis. I was very physically unhappy and emotionally unhappy.

Today, I can move around much easier. I rarely have pain, I can breath, and I can fit in the driver's set of my car. I am grateful for the way the weightloss has made my body have less pain, and that I can fit in the drivers seat of my car.

I am NOT HAPPY with the loose skin. I have to admit that I miss my breasts being full. Now they are so soft and flappy and have such little volume. They were the one part of my body that I felt made me attractive as a woman.

The point I'm trying to make is this...no matter where you are in your life and what size you are there will always be some things that please you about your body and some things that won't. I have come to the realization that I need to just be glad that I'm alive, focus on the things that I DO LIKE ABOUT MY BODY, and just be grateful that I have good friends, a wonderful man, an awesome son, and a good family...oh, and that I found this site!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #89
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Right now, I am 27 years old. I generally like my body, most of it, but there are areas that I am not too happy with and wish was more toned. I dislike my belly, I wish it was more tight. In high school I was a size 3/5, but I don't want to go back to that size as I was almost starving. I love my curves because I feel very feminine and sexy.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 02-03-2011 at 06:42 PM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #90
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think I have come to accept it, but I hate that I can't seem to like it. I still look at slim women and feel that I was meant to be like them, that something went terribly wrong with my childhood, my parenting, whatever, and that I didn't end up with the body I "should have had"..

I don't think that I aesthetically like myself at all this way and I may never be able to do so. But I do hold out hope that this attitude can slowly change in me.
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:36 AM   #91
elina86

elina86 can now change their title

I have accepted my fat and I love being fat.
In fact, I'm planning to get bigger all the time,
and I don't care if others don't like it.
elina86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #92
rubenesquehunny

rubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesrubenesquehunny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Very Much Love It!! Once I decided to stop living for the concept that others gave me and instead focused on what made me happy, my life turned around and I now can see how beautiful I am (not to sound concieded, just saying I try to see the beautiful things about myself) and I don't have to change for anyone but me!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #93
PeanutButterfly

PeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
What's fat? What's thin? What's acceptable size/health/fatness/weight/shape/blah blah blah? I think it's super-subjective. "Fat" can be a simple concept or a tremendously complicated, interrelational one. A person can be ok with one conception of fat but not be ok with others. A person can be ok with some degrees of fat or thin but not be ok with others.

Those who have always been "fat" may have different physical expectations of themselves than those who have not. Those who have always FELT "fat" may see themselves differently than they see others, and others see them. Some people are ok with certain degrees of fat, but not others. Sometimes it's not even really about "fat" or even size, though people often substitute "fat" or weight issues for other shit that's going on physically or mentally.

Right now, I'm technically "fat" but I feel like I've already taken the thin pill. I've been much smaller, but I've also been MUCH bigger. 220 was a horror when I was on the gain, but now it's a beautiful number. I don't think I've ever been quite this healthy or quite this happy with the way I feel and look. So not only do I accept my current fatness, most of the time I actually kinda like it.
This is a really great point and pretty much sums up the way I feel. I've always been fat and while I can't say I've always loved it when I did go down to 165 in high school I just didn't feel like me. I could have kept losing weight but something deep inside me wouldn't let me. I think part of me was scared about life as "one of them", the thin girls. Because growing up fat has shaped me so much, brought me to Dims, brought me a deeper insight into the world and given me a passion for the size acceptance movement, I was really nervous about it changing me. Now it seems a little ridiculous, but I'll never forget standing on the cusp between chubby and normal and picking chubby.

But like Tania said, weight and fat is all relative. I was at 180 almost my entire teenage years. Only recently did I go up to 220 and realize how much I liked my body at 180. I thought 180 was enormous in high school and had a lot of days where I would have taken that skinny pill in a heart beat (I think I just liked the idea of being "normal" but like I said if it actually happened I would have been very conflicted). I look at pictures of myself at 180 and really like how I looked. I'm actually mad at myself that I spent so many years unhappy with my body when I should have been appreciating all the beautiful things I notice now. So to answer the OP, I would only take a skinny pill if I coud lose about 30 lbs but thats it. I wouldn't want to go under 190 unless I had to for medical reasons.
PeanutButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #94
1love_emily
COLLEGE

1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I tell myself that I love myself. I know 70% of the time it's true. But that 30% sucks. The days when I feel like no one will love me, the days when I feel like nothing looks good, the days I feel untalented and worthless... all those types of days are overwhelming. But I have to tell myself to stay strong and carry on because one day everything will get better.

Love, Emily
1love_emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #95
hiddenexposure

hiddenexposure has super-sized rephiddenexposure has super-sized rephiddenexposure has super-sized rephiddenexposure has super-sized rephiddenexposure has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love_emily View Post
I tell myself that I love myself. I know 70% of the time it's true. But that 30% sucks. The days when I feel like no one will love me, the days when I feel like nothing looks good, the days I feel untalented and worthless... all those types of days are overwhelming. But I have to tell myself to stay strong and carry on because one day everything will get better.
that is how i feel about 100% of the time.
i have really started trying to take better care of myself, working out more consistently and eating better. i really can tell the difference and have shed a great deal of inches from my frame. my problem is that i still do not see the changes, if it were not for photos i would never know what i actually look like. i've moved beyond that hate and wounds that i have carried around with me for years and while i'm still working on it i am happy that 70% of the time i'm in love with me it's better than the 30% i used to love 18 months ago.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #96
mel
This is My year!..again:)

mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mel has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
in your journey where are you? do you or are you at the stage of just trying to accept your fat or do you actually like it? i know a lot of people have gone from kind of accepting the societal line that its better to be thin to accepting the size they are. where do you fit on the continuim? if there were a skinny pill would you take it tomorrow? would you be ok with losing for non health oriented reasons or do you feel a bit sad when you drop a few? are you happier when you gain? or are you somewhere in the middle, enjoying it on some days and not so much on others?
I accept it. I cant say I "like it" but it does come in handy when my hands are cold I guess because I have gained quite abit (IMO) recently..my body hurts a little more. My knees are really aching lately..I need to get out and walk and get them some additional movement perhaps.

If there was a skinny pill, I would probably take it...BUT I wouldnt want to be too skinny....I like curves and I don't want to lose all of them. Maybe I would cute the pill in half :P

I don't worry about it as I did in the past and actually in last couple of years I do see beauty in the "fat".

Are we ever happy?? argh lol

"Do I see sheets of plastic in your future?"
mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #97
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would take the skinny pill out of curiosity. I've never be thin as an adult. I've accepted myself as I am but it's not fun having aches and pains and not being able to ride a rollercoaster.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #98
Kamily

Kamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized rep

Im happy with the size that I am right now. Now back in my younger days it was a struggle with all the teasing and name calling but as an adult I dont get that anymore.

I realize that I've never been a size 10 and never will be unless I starve myself and make myself miserable to make other people accept me. Why do that to yourself? Life is too short to worry about what other people think about me. You either accept me 100% or move outta my way. I have no use for you.
Kamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #99
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like myself. I accept myself. My weight isn't who I am. I am a super curvy, big assed goddess, but my body doesn't define me. Other people don't define me. The perceptions of John Q Public don't define me. Frankly, I've lived long enough now that I don't much care what other folks think of me. I've reached a very freeing point in my life. If you don't care for me, then be gone.

I will always consider myself as work in progress as a person, but I don't include weight in that mix.

I am 47 years old, 5'4", 325 pounds. I'd prefer to be 225 since things were easier for me physically and I was more active at that weight, but I don't seem to prefer it enough to "die"t So if a magic pill were available to whisk me back to 225, I'd take it. If the same pill took me back to 30 years old, which was when I was last at 225, I wouldn't take it.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #100
bbwlibrarian
possibly revolutionary

bbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized rep

I don't hate myself for being fat but I can't truly say I 100% accept it. It's not like it's been a huge inconvienience but, hah, I'm still young! I am somewhat annoyed at the distribution of my fat. Why did I have to win the belly lottery but lose out on the hips and butt lottery? I would probably enjoy my body more if I could have an hourglass shape, but, alas, I'm stuck with my lackluster front-heavy figure.

But, really, any hatred against my fat isn't exactly fair. It's never stopped me from doing what I want to do with my life. I've been in love MULTIPLE times, travelled the world bit by bit, and gotten two master's degrees while being quite fat and healthy. So, really, the only reason to hate my fat is aesthetic, which is a silly reason to hate anything.
bbwlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acceptance