Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 06-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #101
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I absolutely love my size.
Everything about it. Even the struggles, and small minds who judge in passing.

Skinny pill? No, never.
The only reason I would lose weight is if my doctors advised me to do so, I see a doctor regularly and I am healthier then most of his patients at half my size.

I get sad when I lose weight, I feel like a part of me has left and disappeared... but I love gaining it back.

Some days are tougher, but I pick my attitude. I am fat because I want to be fat now.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #102
Tori

Tori can now change their title

FINALLY starting to accept it. Not quite to liking yet, but definitely accepting. I've met some absolutely AMAZING people in the past year and a half that have helped me more than they could ever know and I'm forever grateful. It's refreshing.
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #103
herin
wait...what?

herin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticed

I'm past the acceptance and well into liking it.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #104
Tori

Tori can now change their title

If you don't mind my asking, how did you get there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herin View Post
I'm past the acceptance and well into liking it.
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #105
herin
wait...what?

herin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori View Post
If you don't mind my asking, how did you get there?
It started with self acceptance. That was the hard part for me. I hated myself for years. I blamed the fat for everything in my life that was unacceptable to me. I would fantasize about how my life would be once I lost the weight. I would read about the fad diets and magic pills out there and dream about coming into my school x amount of pounds lighter and that I would instantly be popular, loved and admired and that all my problems would disappear. Like a fairy tale and I would be the princess. Life finally beat that dream out of me.

My problems would still be there no matter what I weighed and the glossy pictures in the magazines were a lie. Being skinny did not equate having one's shit together. I got into counselling and started working on me. I started taking personal responsibility for my actions and attitudes and one day, I just realized that I loved myself. It was a revelation.

After a time I started dating (I was 23) and after dating a few FAs, I began to see the beauty in my body and to realize that it was okay for someone to be attracted to me. Eventually, the fact that they found me attractive became a turn on to me. Which brings us to today, with me writing this.

I love myself. I am beautiful. My big belly is beautiful. I am womanly, curvy and sexy. It took a long time to get here, but I am here. Everyone's journey is different, this was mine.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #106
Shan34

Shan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by herin View Post
It started with self acceptance. That was the hard part for me. I hated myself for years. I blamed the fat for everything in my life that was unacceptable to me. I would fantasize about how my life would be once I lost the weight. I would read about the fad diets and magic pills out there and dream about coming into my school x amount of pounds lighter and that I would instantly be popular, loved and admired and that all my problems would disappear. Like a fairy tale and I would be the princess. Life finally beat that dream out of me.

My problems would still be there no matter what I weighed and the glossy pictures in the magazines were a lie. Being skinny did not equate having one's shit together. I got into counselling and started working on me. I started taking personal responsibility for my actions and attitudes and one day, I just realized that I loved myself. It was a revelation.

After a time I started dating (I was 23) and after dating a few FAs, I began to see the beauty in my body and to realize that it was okay for someone to be attracted to me. Eventually, the fact that they found me attractive became a turn on to me. Which brings us to today, with me writing this.

I love myself. I am beautiful. My big belly is beautiful. I am womanly, curvy and sexy. It took a long time to get here, but I am here. Everyone's journey is different, this was mine.
I used to dream that I was faking everybody out and that one day I'd rip off my "fat suit" and jaws would drop.

I am at the accepting stage. For the most part my size does not bother me at all. But I have my moments. And it's at those times that I would love to have the passion to lift myself up instead of tear myself down. I will get there. And this site is going to help me do it!
Shan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #107
PlumBlossom

PlumBlossom can now change their title

I weigh about 320 lbs. I don't want to be this fat. I feel that my fatness prevents me from living. I can't go to an amusement park with my boyfriend because I will not fit in any rides and I will get exhausted after walking a bit. I can't sit in chairs without fearing that it will break underneath me. I feel incapable of participating in sexual activities because of my fat. I can't wear anything that I want. My sister who weighs about 150 lbs can easily go to the beach with her boyfriend, wearing a beautiful beach dress. Me? My boyfriend invited me to the beach and I sadly refused because what am I going to wear to the beach? A sweater? A sweater is all I can wear and when I walk on the beach, I feel even more heavy walking on the sand, like the sand will swallow me whole, I can't walk right when I'm on the sand. I've had so many embarrassing moments where I just don't fit in a chair or don't fit through a security gate thing. My fatness prevents me from living. I don't think I could ever achieve being skinny. I would maybe feel more comfortable being in the lower 200 lbs. range. I just want to feel more mobile, more flexible, be able to do more things. I remember when I was 200 lbs in middle/high school, I thought that me weighting 200lb was a monstrosity. Now I wish I could go back to being 200 lbs. I'm 22 years old and so far, I have not felt good about myself. I don't feel like I'm capable of attracting someone physically. Even with a boyfriend, I don't feel desired. Would my feelings change if I was skinny? Probably not. I guess it's more internal, to do with self worth and self esteem more than body maybe but the body does play a role in self esteem.

I do believe in self-love, in body/size acceptance. Fat women are my heroes. I admire the respectable fat admirers for loving and celebrating fat women and not caring what society thinks they should feel attracted to.
PlumBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #108
butterflyinreverse

butterflyinreverse has said some nice things

I think it depends on when you ask. Times when I am around my unrealistically thin sister in law and mother in law--I do wish that I was thinner. Times when the doctor says I am prediabetic, or when my knee hurts or when I feel tired after walking half as much as my family or any time that I see my big double chin in the mirror, that is when I want to be thin. Any time I see an oreo cookie or a beer, well-- thats when I just want to be me.
butterflyinreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #109
BBW MeganLynn44DD

BBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging inBBW MeganLynn44DD makes people happy simply by logging in
Smile

For the most part happy,I have my moments when I was I was thinner.Shopping with my mom would be easier and it would be easier to find prettier clothes.I do wish I was in better shape sometimes but I have my days where I do love my curves.Love my belly most of the time and love the fact I have a badonkadonk.I'm in the 22/24 size range,have been a bit bigger.
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #110
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

veggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging in

I am currently losing weight and so far have went from around 210 down to 167 (healthily and steadily might I add). My reason's are primarily health related when my dad died suddenly at a mere 49 years of age. This shocked me into losing weight and changing bad habits as best I could, so I have not started eating healthily and working out for a size 10 clothes label. I will admit when I was at my heaviest in my early twenties (around 265lbs) I detested my body, I hated the summer times, the sweating and chaffing, and would become so upset that I took comfort in as much junk food as I could cram into my mouth. I was caught in a viscious spiral and felt quite helpless. I could not accept myself but over the next few years my weight dropped to around 210 and stayed there but when I fell in love in 2003 with my now spouse, I was so infatuated my weight dropped to around 160 and I noticed people reacted to me in a completely different way. A new world opened up and I wasnt quite ready or prepared for it. So many sexual advances were made to me constantly with my slimmer physique. Once a young man pulled over to me in his car (a total stranger!) and virtually begged me to get in and spend a few hours with him, if you know what I mean! Losing weight changed my life and my perception in ways I never thought it ever could or would. I don't know if any woman or man who loses a shed load of weight could ever truly prepare themselves for what lies ahead by means of positive acceptance from others. It is powerful stuff and not only changes your physical but it causes a massive shift in your head space too (good and bad). I know it made my head spin out of control! What I am saying here is, I have done the weight loss merry-go-round once before and have finally found what clicks for me to permenantly live a healthier life and I accept myself more now, I never accepted myself at 265lbs. Society is a very looks driven animal. I remember how I was treated at both ends of the spectrum. One was utter hell and the other was complete unconditional acceptance - all over a few pounds. I accept me where I am now because I feel healthy and I enjoy hitting the gym a few times a week to blow off steam. I have wisened up to the horrors of junk food and adore cooking vegan and vegetarian meals from scratch at home. I have balance. When I was heavier (265lbs) I couldnt accept myself as there was no balance in my life and each day was filled with tugging tshirts down over my belly, wondering in mortification why strangers were sniggering on the bus when I got on, guilt of eating all the wrong foods for all the wrong reasons... The list went on and on... It wasnt the lifestyle for me. I am sorry if I have whittered on folks but I hope this does make some kind of sense to men and women out there. I do mourn the loss of my breasts and butt currently as my figure has certainly been altered in all the places a woman doesnt want it to be, but I am in a better place for grasping the nettle, cutting out the junk drastically and moving my body more. I would never accept or shun a friend simply because of their size but society done this to me and in turn I done that to me too, and that I find shameful and cannot accept! Society loves me again for who I am RIGHT NOW and with each lost pound will love me even more but the same animal could not take me into the fold when I was larger. I am very wary of this creature now and my reasons for weight loss are to please no one but myself and for my own longevity.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #111
BarterGal

BarterGal can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBarterGal can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I've always accepted my weight, born fat. I actually like being overweight most of the time because it's just who I am. I have gained and lost weight throughout the years and have to admit that when I'm a thinner fat gal, I feel the most sexiest, that's always good for me to feel. In the past 5 years I have gained a lot of weight from growing a business and my weight is at the maxx right now that it can handle. I have been trying very hard to lose at least 50 lbs, but could not get anywhere. Finally I got back on depo to control my hormones (2 weeks of PMS and bloating didn't help my weight loss efforts) and now in just the past 2 weeks, lost 4 lbs already and feel I can finally start losing this 50. After this 50, I will see where I am at. It's so bad I have a back knot from the weight, can't walk far and I miss having my energy of being able to just walk. Sucks.

Now my new bf is not going to like the weight loss, but he will like that I can walk with him better. Right now he doesn't know I have walking problems because it's cold here and we haven't needed to really walk too far. So I'm hoping by spring, I will have more off and it gets better.

Back to the question, I have accepted that I will always be overweight and am really ok with it! I'm gorgeous
BarterGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #112
scoozy

scoozy can now change their title

well i like everyone else it seems like have gone through phases of loving and hating myself and sadly i am currently in the not liking myself so much i am at my heaviest now and i know that if i want to change that only i can do it and i need to do it for myself not only to look better but to feel better inside and out. but even though i know its something i have to do it is extremely difficult to find the motivation to get up and start loosing the weight. i know that my health or my well being should be motivation enough but i dont always think that way
scoozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #113
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieforever View Post
I am currently losing weight and so far have went from around 210 down to 167 (healthily and steadily might I add). My reason's are primarily health related when my dad died suddenly at a mere 49 years of age. This shocked me into losing weight and changing bad habits as best I could, so I have not started eating healthily and working out for a size 10 clothes label. I will admit when I was at my heaviest in my early twenties (around 265lbs) I detested my body, I hated the summer times, the sweating and chaffing, and would become so upset that I took comfort in as much junk food as I could cram into my mouth. I was caught in a viscious spiral and felt quite helpless. I could not accept myself but over the next few years my weight dropped to around 210 and stayed there but when I fell in love in 2003 with my now spouse, I was so infatuated my weight dropped to around 160 and I noticed people reacted to me in a completely different way. A new world opened up and I wasnt quite ready or prepared for it. So many sexual advances were made to me constantly with my slimmer physique. Once a young man pulled over to me in his car (a total stranger!) and virtually begged me to get in and spend a few hours with him, if you know what I mean! Losing weight changed my life and my perception in ways I never thought it ever could or would. I don't know if any woman or man who loses a shed load of weight could ever truly prepare themselves for what lies ahead by means of positive acceptance from others. It is powerful stuff and not only changes your physical but it causes a massive shift in your head space too (good and bad). I know it made my head spin out of control! What I am saying here is, I have done the weight loss merry-go-round once before and have finally found what clicks for me to permenantly live a healthier life and I accept myself more now, I never accepted myself at 265lbs. Society is a very looks driven animal. I remember how I was treated at both ends of the spectrum. One was utter hell and the other was complete unconditional acceptance - all over a few pounds. I accept me where I am now because I feel healthy and I enjoy hitting the gym a few times a week to blow off steam. I have wisened up to the horrors of junk food and adore cooking vegan and vegetarian meals from scratch at home. I have balance. When I was heavier (265lbs) I couldnt accept myself as there was no balance in my life and each day was filled with tugging tshirts down over my belly, wondering in mortification why strangers were sniggering on the bus when I got on, guilt of eating all the wrong foods for all the wrong reasons... The list went on and on... It wasnt the lifestyle for me. I am sorry if I have whittered on folks but I hope this does make some kind of sense to men and women out there. I do mourn the loss of my breasts and butt currently as my figure has certainly been altered in all the places a woman doesnt want it to be, but I am in a better place for grasping the nettle, cutting out the junk drastically and moving my body more. I would never accept or shun a friend simply because of their size but society done this to me and in turn I done that to me too, and that I find shameful and cannot accept! Society loves me again for who I am RIGHT NOW and with each lost pound will love me even more but the same animal could not take me into the fold when I was larger. I am very wary of this creature now and my reasons for weight loss are to please no one but myself and for my own longevity.
you raise an important point. people who are concerned with being accepted should be really concerned about who they are trying to be accepted by. they are probably very shallow people we shouldn't be dealing with anyway.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #114
BigCutieAspen

BigCutieAspen can now change their title

i agree! miss riding roller coasters. i still fit in a few but i hate risking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
I like my body, but I dislike limitations because of it.
BigCutieAspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #115
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've lost 40 pounds. I was at 340 and dropped to 300, 280 before but now back up to 320 approximately. I do not enjoy this. I am kicking myself in the butt because of how much better I felt with the extra weight gone and I felt a lot better going to the gym because of the exercise and whatnot making me feel better. So, I am not to the point of full acceptance, but I certainly enjoy myself some days more than others. I've even gotten to the point of massaging my belly sometimes here in there which is something I've never done until I realized how relaxing it was. So, I accept it more than I like it, which I guess is probably a weird thing to hear but, to each their own. LOL. Some days I hate myself, other days I am a narcissist.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #116
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
I've lost 40 pounds. I was at 340 and dropped to 300, 280 before but now back up to 320 approximately. I do not enjoy this. I am kicking myself in the butt because of how much better I felt with the extra weight gone and I felt a lot better going to the gym because of the exercise and whatnot making me feel better. So, I am not to the point of full acceptance, but I certainly enjoy myself some days more than others. I've even gotten to the point of massaging my belly sometimes here in there which is something I've never done until I realized how relaxing it was. So, I accept it more than I like it, which I guess is probably a weird thing to hear but, to each their own. LOL. Some days I hate myself, other days I am a narcissist.
what IS full acceptance? 280 isn't small. i might be wrong but i don't think accepting yourself fat means you have to accept feeling bad. i don't think you are weird at all. you know when you feel right for yourself and when you don't. don't let other people guilt you out or push their standards onto you --especially people who don't have to carry the weight. of course you are beautiful. you always were and always will be no matter your size. but you get to choose what size that is. self empowerment = self love.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #117
exponder
Texas Rambler

exponder can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesexponder can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I've accepted that I'll most likely be this size for the majority of my life, which is most likely going to be short. I live in a small town and don't really go any where. I find it hard going into stores and may do is once a month. I suppose it's quite hypocritical but I don't see other large people as I see myself. I feel like a freak of nature, a mistake. But I don't feel that way about some one else my size. Why? I know I'm a handsome and great guy, but I can't get over my body. It's something I'm trying to work on, I just don't know where to start.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #118
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
what IS full acceptance? 280 isn't small. i might be wrong but i don't think accepting yourself fat means you have to accept feeling bad. i don't think you are weird at all. you know when you feel right for yourself and when you don't. don't let other people guilt you out or push their standards onto you --especially people who don't have to carry the weight. of course you are beautiful. you always were and always will be no matter your size. but you get to choose what size that is. self empowerment = self love.
I'm not sure what full acceptance is cause I've never been there. But I certainly could tell a difference from when I weight 280 vs 340. I felt a lot better and I was much easier able to do things. I can definitely accept myself , my body, and feel GOOD about it, I'm just waiting for that day to come. It's an uphill battle, like I said some days are easier to accept who I am than others. I'm slowly becoming more confident though, and comfortable with my body. But you're very right. Empowerment is love. Confidence is sexy. I just gotta get up there and believe what I preach... size doesn't matter. Thank you for the reply.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #119
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I used to weigh myself obsessively, sometimes 20 times a day and what I read on the scale determined how I felt all day long. I'd move it around the room, the house, in the hopes that it would read a lb. lower. My life was a mess and I have an eating disorder exacerbated by stress. Now my life is more in order and I'm much happier and not looking for approval from outside myself and the scale is collecting dust when I'm not throwing magazines or books on it. I'm at peace with my body and the eating disorder is under control.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:23 AM   #120
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exponder View Post
I've accepted that I'll most likely be this size for the majority of my life, which is most likely going to be short. I live in a small town and don't really go any where. I find it hard going into stores and may do is once a month. I suppose it's quite hypocritical but I don't see other large people as I see myself. I feel like a freak of nature, a mistake. But I don't feel that way about some one else my size. Why? I know I'm a handsome and great guy, but I can't get over my body. It's something I'm trying to work on, I just don't know where to start.
I am so, so sorry that you feel like this, I know that this calls out to me a lot because I have spent a lot of my life feeling the same for various reasons. My weight, my acne when I was younger, the way my face looks... I spent most of my life hiding away from people and mirrors and anything that made me face my appearance and what other people would think of me. I wish I could tell you that there is magical solution and that one day you will feel completely better but I think you know that isn't true. Right now I am at a stage where sometimes I look in the mirror and see something pretty. Sometimes I see something disgusting and repulsive but most of the time I am able to put these thoughts away. I really hope this doesn't sound patronising but have you thought about seeing a doctor about the way you feel about yourself? You really do sound a lot like myself when I was at my worst and I have depression. I would have sworn to you at the time that I didn't and I deserved to feel so bad about myself but looking back I know I did. So perhaps speaking to a therapist, even over the phone if you get stressed out by being seen, might help? I know that with some perseverance things can and will get better, I can promise you that. x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I used to weigh myself obsessively, sometimes 20 times a day and what I read on the scale determined how I felt all day long. I'd move it around the room, the house, in the hopes that it would read a lb. lower. My life was a mess and I have an eating disorder exacerbated by stress. Now my life is more in order and I'm much happier and not looking for approval from outside myself and the scale is collecting dust when I'm not throwing magazines or books on it. I'm at peace with my body and the eating disorder is under control.
I am so happy to hear this, to hear that you managed to get over the ED. I know that is incredibly hard to do but I just wanted to say that you are really strong and awesome.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #121
violetviolets

violetviolets carries a lot of weight on this boardvioletviolets carries a lot of weight on this boardvioletviolets carries a lot of weight on this boardvioletviolets carries a lot of weight on this boardvioletviolets carries a lot of weight on this board

I have already accepted it, but I would take a thin"ner" pill. Actually I would take a Kim K body pill in a heartbeat. Hah.
violetviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #122
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It occurs to me that I don't think I have actually answered the question in this thread! I accept my size. That has been a struggle for me and I think it will be a long time before I can love it.

I would never take a skinny pill. I know enough about myself to know that weight has never been the issue, I struggled to accept myself more at 115lbs than I do now.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #123
mermaid8
mermaid

mermaid8 is a member of the 500 clubmermaid8 is a member of the 500 clubmermaid8 is a member of the 500 clubmermaid8 is a member of the 500 clubmermaid8 is a member of the 500 clubmermaid8 is a member of the 500 club
Default there are good days and bad days.

there are times when i think i'm cute or nice looking that i have a pretty face and with the right clothes to shape my body i look pretty good. for example, in my best jeans with a nice top and a pair of boots and tons of jewelry i can go out with friends and feel nice looking even good.

then there are days like today when i can barely look in the mirror to brush my own hair for fear of seeing my own reflection staring back at me. a reflection that mocks me saying your fat, ugly, a failure at life why and how could anyone accept all of this. when i think these thoughts i try to push them away and think about the parts of me that have nothing to do with beauty or my body. i have always been plus size and i guess just have accepted that this is always the way my body will look. however, i do wish i had more energy and could commit to exercising if for no other reason then just to feel energized.

don't get me wrong, i do love have curves and an hourglass shape. i just wish my curves were a little smaller. maybe someday i can accept myself for who i am, i just hope someone will be able to accept me.
mermaid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #124
bigcutiesugar

bigcutiesugar can now change their title

I adore being fat. I haven't always loved it because of stigma but I've always thought fat was attractive and I've always identified as a fat person. It feels like a part of "me".

I like feeling big and squishy. I love the way I look. Being fat rocks.
bigcutiesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #125
AbbyJoyful
On Timeout

AbbyJoyful can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAbbyJoyful can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

In my teenage years, I was slightly chubby and hated it. I tried to find ways to change myself. People told me what a pity it was I was chubby, because I had such a lovely face.

Now, in my twenties, I absolutely adore being fat. It started with accepting my fat body. On the interwebs I saw many women that were fat AND beautiful, like Mandy Blake and PlumpPrincess. I started to realize that fat could be actually cute, and like BigCutieSugar says, it feels great to feel big and squishy

I play with my belly a lot when I'm alone in bed at night and I love to jiggle my fat thighs and big ass
AbbyJoyful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acceptance