Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 04-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Same Sex Kiss-In

In preparation for the national Same Sex Kiss Day, there was a Same Sex Kiss-In on Fountain Square today in Cincinnati. The mayor made a brief speech and started our famous fountain (you can see it in the intro to WKRP In Cincinnati) in honor of the beginning of spring. When the fountain went on, a group of 'Mos and their supporters kissed their same sex partners, loves, and/or friends. I went with my best friend and two of her children. We had a very good time and it was so neat being that open in the heart of Cincinnati--something that surely doesn't happen often.

I have photos, but I haven't pulled them from my camera yet.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Great idea and I am glad you had fun! How accepting is Cincinnati? Most people here in London (except in smaller neighbourhoods with a significant Christian population) generally don't mind same-sex kisses in public, though they often gawk at fat people. >:/

I am looking forward to the pictures!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

there are pockets of acceptance, but it's a very closed area.

In 1993, 60% of voters in the area passed Issue 3, the charter amendment barring the city from protecting gays and lesbians from discrimination. Now, it's been fought against and the US Supreme Court said "no" to it, but that's how the people here see things--not all of them, but enough.

Last edited by Ample Pie; 04-04-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: because I'm tired and it's been a long day and I had a "der" moment.
Ample Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Our fountain,
Getting ready for the kiss-in,
Watching the post-kiss-in fireworks

Last edited by Ample Pie; 08-24-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

My best friend trying (successfully, I might add) to pull off an "emo" photo,
The two of us canoodling.

I didn't get any photos of the actual kissing of the kiss-in because I was, well, kissing.... yup.

Last edited by Ample Pie; 08-24-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #6
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Aww! Adorable pics and I love the matching septum piercings!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks for the link, I didn't even know about Same Sex Kiss Day.
I'd love to participate but have no one to smooch.
I love when they do things like this and bring it to the public. See? It's just a little kiss. Gay people are just like everyone else. And it shouldn't be such a shock to see them doing everyday things that straight people take for granted.
I've always thought that if you saw more things like this then it would become the norm and people wouldn't make such a fuss about it.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #8
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I want there to be a UK version of this!! Just watched 'Milk' and have 'The rage'!! Better this is focused on kissing..
Old 04-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Check out the page--they make suggestions for having no one to kiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl07093 View Post
Thanks for the link, I didn't even know about Same Sex Kiss Day.
I'd love to participate but have no one to smooch.
I love when they do things like this and bring it to the public. See? It's just a little kiss. Gay people are just like everyone else. And it shouldn't be such a shock to see them doing everyday things that straight people take for granted.
I've always thought that if you saw more things like this then it would become the norm and people wouldn't make such a fuss about it.