Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: which parent/guardian gives you a harder time about your preference?
mother 68 25.95%
father 38 14.50%
stepmother 2 0.76%
stepfather 1 0.38%
other - someone else who raised you 2 0.76%
all guardians give you a hard time equally 31 11.83%
no guardian gives you a hard time 120 45.80%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #26
Hole

Hole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticed

My father does not approve of anyone I date. Ha. My mum has made snarky comments here and there but it's not like she tells me not to date big guys. Her comments usually die down when she realizes we're serious.
Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #27
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

They won't mind as long as I'm happy.

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #28
The Fez
Welp.

The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Fez has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Neither of them know, as far as I'm aware, though it wouldn't surprise me if they did know. They're very easy going, and highly doubt there'd be any problems.
The Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #29
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

My parents found out simply by observing whom I was attracted to. It never really came up, because it was a traditional upbringing, and it would have been weird to discuss it with them. I'm still surprised that people can, or would want to, talk about something like this with their parents, or that the subject would even come up, but to each their own.

My father once expressed mild surprise when he saw which girl I was eager to dance with at a wedding, but that was about it.

My mother is thin, but since I come from an ethnic community where fuller figured women are traditionally considered attractive, I don't think it ever struck her as particularly odd. Every once in a while she'll say something like, "I saw a girl at [wherever] today who I think you'd like." Funnily enough, she's often right.
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 AM   #30
Biglover
Medieval music singer

Biglover can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBiglover can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Santaclear, I understand what you've gone through, as both of my parents are also long gone. My Dad never said a word, as I brought home the big girls. My Mom however, was different story. As I got older, I dated bigger and bigger women, just like others here. My last GF got up to around 400 pounds, before Mom died. She was so angry at me for dating a fat girl, and she wanted to know why. I said to her, I love fat women, always have. She told me I must be sick then, what a battle we had. Nothing was ever resolved, and about a month later she passed. That was 13 years ago. The thing I hate most about this is, what a stupid thing to fight about, and I think of that day so much. I loved my Mom dearly, and I can never change, that terrible day.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #31
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biglover View Post
Santaclear, I understand what you've gone through, as both of my parents are also long gone. My Dad never said a word, as I brought home the big girls. My Mom however, was different story. As I got older, I dated bigger and bigger women, just like others here. My last GF got up to around 400 pounds, before Mom died. She was so angry at me for dating a fat girl, and she wanted to know why. I said to her, I love fat women, always have. She told me I must be sick then, what a battle we had. Nothing was ever resolved, and about a month later she passed. That was 13 years ago. The thing I hate most about this is, what a stupid thing to fight about, and I think of that day so much. I loved my Mom dearly, and I can never change, that terrible day.
The heart wants what it wants. You can no more change your feelings than you can change the course of a river through will alone.

Both my parents know and don't really care as I'm pretty sure my dad is an FA though we've never brought it up and really talked about it. I mean, why give a name to something that is open in plain sight? You wouldn't walk up to a guy and say, "So I noticed your shoes are tied... you must really like having tied shoes, when did you first tie your shoes, have you ever worn velco strap shoes, do you hate velcro shoes? DO YOU HATE VELCRO?"

My older brother on the other hand is much more plebeian in his pursuits and in his opinions. This is a man who has a barbed wire tattoo around his left arm, a pony tail & handle bar mustache, smokes Marlboro reds and has collected enough Marlboro dollars to get a cowboy smoking at sunset comforter which he still proudly uses despite the dozens of cigarette burns pot marked all over it from over a decade of use.

He once told me while I was grieving over th recent break up of a very cute fatty "Bill, after this one, no more fat chicks"

Looking back, I realize I should have ridden my penis like The Patrick Swayze on on a surfboard at the end of Point Break into a set of massive fat girl waves while shouting, "It's not tragic to die doing what you love" only to drowned with out so much of a yelp amid their luxurious and torrid clad fat rolls but instead I just laughed and feign punched him in the stomach and said, "Whatever old man, lets go get some fucking Del Taco". Hindsights only 20/20, you know?

Last edited by mediaboy; 04-20-2009 at 01:21 PM.
mediaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #32
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

...is your brother single
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #33
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't think either of my parents "get it" but I've had frank discussions with them both. They both realise they can't change me, and in general I think they've been [otherwise] down with the women I've brought home.

Dad: So what you're telling me I'm probably going to have a fat daughter-in-law someday?

Jay: That's what I'm praying for.

Dad: Huh. Okay. You know
I'm into thin women, right?

Jay: Yes. You've made that very clear, Dad.
*sips beer to hide eye roll*
Old 04-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #34
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

On the other side, my parents don't get that people I go out with prefer largeness--they think FAs are "seeing through to the person beneath" and "openminded," rather than (god help us all) liking it. Which is tantamount in their case to not wanting to talk about sex, period, but it's also some seriously acculturated disbelief.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #35
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
On the other side, my parents don't get that people I go out with prefer largeness--they think FAs are "seeing through to the person beneath" and "openminded," rather than (god help us all) liking it. Which is tantamount in their case to not wanting to talk about sex, period, but it's also some seriously acculturated disbelief.
My mom actually once argued that FAs are just trying to get back at their parents by dating outside the norm. The follow-up to that was that I should watch my step in dating an FA, since there would inevitably come a time when he would get over this need for rebellion and then subsequently lose interest in fat women. Yep. No joke.
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #36
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
I get that as well, but of course on the other end. I've had friends call me open-minded based on the same criteria, with a few exceptions.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #37
mediaboy

mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle camino View Post
...is your brother single
His taste in women runs some where between the range of bar hag with smokers lung to spicy latino who's rebounding off her boy friend/baby daddy because he is in jail AGAIN.

The last one took a court order to get her out of his house and even now they are still boning. When he gives me advice about women I face palm, roll my eyes, and ask if he wants to get Del Taco to which he usually says, "Nah, Bill lets go to Taco Bell..." so obviously his taste in Mexican fast food parallels his taste in women: he loves to eat shit.

In answer to your query, Elle; my brother is 75% single.

Last edited by mediaboy; 04-21-2009 at 01:32 PM.
mediaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #38
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet&fat View Post
My mom actually once argued that FAs are just trying to get back at their parents by dating outside the norm. The follow-up to that was that I should watch my step in dating an FA, since there would inevitably come a time when he would get over this need for rebellion and then subsequently lose interest in fat women. Yep. No joke.
Blimey! I can (unfortunately) totally picture my parents saying that too. Anything to make "sense" of something that just doesn't, to them.

Jon B, you're such a good samaritan!

Last edited by liz (di-va); 04-21-2009 at 09:23 PM.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #39
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My mother was the one that caused me the most headaches. Even to this day she disapproves of Mtmaiden's weight (even to the WLS Mtnmaiden had) although my mom keeps it to herself mostly now. My dad -back when he was alive - seemed to take my preference for fat girls in stride. He didn't really say much about their weight and always got along well with my earlier girlfriends and then with my wife.

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #40
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't bring partners etc around my family. My personal life is mine. But I know they wouldn't give a flying fuck as long as I was happy.

They're good people.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #41
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
The heart wants what it wants. You can no more change your feelings than you can change the course of a river through will alone.

Both my parents know and don't really care as I'm pretty sure my dad is an FA though we've never brought it up and really talked about it. I mean, why give a name to something that is open in plain sight? You wouldn't walk up to a guy and say, "So I noticed your shoes are tied... you must really like having tied shoes, when did you first tie your shoes, have you ever worn velco strap shoes, do you hate velcro shoes? DO YOU HATE VELCRO?"

My older brother on the other hand is much more plebeian in his pursuits and in his opinions. This is a man who has a barbed wire tattoo around his left arm, a pony tail & handle bar mustache, smokes Marlboro reds and has collected enough Marlboro dollars to get a cowboy smoking at sunset comforter which he still proudly uses despite the dozens of cigarette burns pot marked all over it from over a decade of use.

He once told me while I was grieving over th recent break up of a very cute fatty "Bill, after this one, no more fat chicks"

Looking back, I realize I should have ridden my penis like The Patrick Swayze on on a surfboard at the end of Point Break into a set of massive fat girl waves while shouting, "It's not tragic to die doing what you love" only to drowned with out so much of a yelp amid their luxurious and torrid clad fat rolls but instead I just laughed and feign punched him in the stomach and said, "Whatever old man, lets go get some fucking Del Taco". Hindsights only 20/20, you know?
I would openly laugh in your brother's face. Mainly because of the ponytail. But the mustache would seal it.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #42
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
surely i'm not the only fa your mom's met
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #43
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
surely i'm not the only fa your mom's met
hur hur.
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #44
mediaboy

Quote:
hur hur.
Dan only like fat chicks because it gives him way more indy cred than a non ipod mp3 player
Old 04-23-2009, 12:36 AM   #45
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

i write for pitchfuck. think i'll be okay.
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #46
pjbbwlvr

pjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized reppjbbwlvr has super-sized rep

Many years ago both my parents gave me shit about my BBW girlfriend. They said I can do better and all she will do is get fatter. I told them I have the best Lady and I don't give a crap how much weight she may gain.
Well it's been 28 years and my BBW girlfriend is my BBW wife and she is as beautiful and loving as the day we met! And my parents never said another said another negative word about her since that one and only comment they made, 28 years ago!
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
Do your folks give you a hard time about being an FA? Or does one more than the other? Per Carrie's question in another thread.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #47
Novelist

Novelist has said some nice things

My parents are fully aware I like "squishy guys" and they don't care. I think my grandmother would. She has a problem with my tastes in guys; she's a little racist, but I really have a thing for black men, and she's somewhat preoccupied with weight loss, so I doubt she'd approve. Oh well, I love her anyway.
Novelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #48
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

My mother didn't approve of me dating my wife at first, because she was a Protestant, not Catholic. Size never entered into it.
Rojodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #49
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My father would be "deeply concerned". But we don't talk anymore, so that's that.
The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. The test of a first rate wallpaper is to wipe clean easily when the previous fails.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #50
hello2u

hello2u has said some nice things

Quote:

Maybe someday when she sees you really happy with that special someone, she will realized that large women are beautiful, and there are those of us who find this so.
hello2u is offline   Reply With Quote