Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: which parent/guardian gives you a harder time about your preference?
mother 68 25.95%
father 38 14.50%
stepmother 2 0.76%
stepfather 1 0.38%
other - someone else who raised you 2 0.76%
all guardians give you a hard time equally 31 11.83%
no guardian gives you a hard time 120 45.80%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #51
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm sure my parents would like for me to pursue something other than my choices have been, but at this point they might be a lot closer to my own mode of thinking, which is much more independent of the opinions of others, and self centered. Besides, they aren't the ones who will share a life and sample the charms of that loving and cuddly BBW out there waiting for me, are they? I know; I'm so selfish in that regard, aren't I?
Old 04-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #52
mediaboy

Location: The corner of Hell & Holarity - pinky out, Mother Fucker
mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
I would openly laugh in your brother's face. Mainly because of the ponytail. But the mustache would seal it.
I've done the same thing mysel multiple times.

He just shrugs it off and then brushes his shoulders off because I guess thats what kid rock would do
Old 04-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #53
mediaboy

mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mediaboy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
i write for pitchfuck. think i'll be okay.

Lol Adbusters son, keep on play'n.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #54
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
I've done the same thing mysel multiple times.

He just shrugs it off and then brushes his shoulders off because I guess thats what kid rock would do
Have you ever thought of DNA testing?
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #55
Mack27
AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Moms disapprove more than dads, interesting. I think mothers in general are more likely to be disapproving of potential mates for their children though. The "she's not good enough for my little boy" syndrome from mothers slightly outstrips the "he's not good enough for my little girl" syndrome from fathers in my opinion.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #56
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My father hates that I'm fat.He doesn't care who I date or married.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #57
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet&fat View Post
My mom actually once argued that FAs are just trying to get back at their parents by dating outside the norm. The follow-up to that was that I should watch my step in dating an FA, since there would inevitably come a time when he would get over this need for rebellion and then subsequently lose interest in fat women. Yep. No joke.
my grandma argued with me that men that like fat women are just using them to hide there homosexuality and are really on the downlow. she got this BS info from my gay uncle. any ways she has calmed down with the bullshit and doesnt really care who i bring home since she is too busy dealing with my lil 17 year olds sisters issues with dating.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #58
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstadawg View Post
my grandma argued with me that men that like fat women are just using them to hide there homosexuality and are really on the downlow. she got this BS info from my gay uncle. any ways she has calmed down with the bullshit and doesnt really care who i bring home since she is too busy dealing with my lil 17 year olds sisters issues with dating.
I had something similar happen once when I told a slim girl I wasn't into her because I was only attracted to fat girls... her response was "huh... nice variation on 'I'm sorry I'm gay'... you don't have to make stuff up to try and make me feel better!"...
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #59
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Even if my parents don't approve, so what? It's what makes me happy and it's my life.

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #60
Mack27
AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Even if my parents don't approve, so what? It's what makes me happy and it's my life.
Phew! Good thing its that simple.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #61
t3h_n00b

t3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going on

They don't get it, but they don't give me that much grief about it.
t3h_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #62
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I had something similar happen once when I told a slim girl I wasn't into her because I was only attracted to fat girls... her response was "huh... nice variation on 'I'm sorry I'm gay'... you don't have to make stuff up to try and make me feel better!"...
i guess to her men can cant be attracted to larger women. gotta love ignorance and stupidity its hilarious when others are affected by it.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #63
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle camino View Post
...is your brother single
Oh how I laughed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
My father hates that I'm fat.He doesn't care who I date or married.
That sums up a lot of it for me in many ways........my mom would care if she thought being with a fat guy would lead me into being fatter.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #64
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Oh how I laughed.....

That sums up a lot of it for me in many ways........my mom would care if she thought being with a fat guy would lead me into being fatter.
My Mom's an enabler,even with diabetes she still tries to get me to eat stuff that will kill me.I get really tired of explaining that bread is like arsenic to me.When I got married,we both got fatter,lol
Old 04-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #65
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
My Mom's an enabler,even with diabetes she still tries to get me to eat stuff that will kill me.I get really tired of explaining that bread is like arsenic to me.When I got married,we both got fatter,lol
My father would rip into me viciously...telling me I was fat and putting me down for ordering a hamburger. Later, he would push me to eat more.....eat fattening stuff, dissuade me from exercising.

My mother still tries to get me to take diet pills and lose weight....yet when we go out, she wants me to eat fast food........

She tried to get me to break off a friendship with a SSBBW as a teen....because she thought my friend would influence me to get bigger...OMG.....

I can see her doing the same with a bigger guy.......:eyeroll:

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #66
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
My father would rip into me viciously...telling me I was fat and putting me down for ordering a hamburger. Later, he would push me to eat more.....eat fattening stuff, dissuade me from exercising.

My mother still tries to get me to take diet pills and lose weight....yet when we go out, she wants me to eat fast food........

She tried to get me to break off a friendship with a SSBBW as a teen....because she thought my friend would influence me to get bigger...OMG.....

I can see her doing the same with a bigger guy.......:eyeroll:
That makes me feel so sad. I'm sorry that happened to you. What is wrong with parents? Having never been one I guess I don't know what it's like. Having been a child I know my parents really didn't have a clue.It does make me sad at times.

Thank heavens you grew up to be the wonderful person you are, some people wouldn't have made it.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #67
mediaboy

If there's one thing I've learned from this thread it's that all our parents are hilarious. If we didn't love and care about them then it would insanely obvious but because we do all we can do is roll our eyes.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #68
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

In puberty I had a "secret" collection of magazins (large boobs & chubby girls) so to my parents "secret" delight it was proved that I am obviously not gay or something unusual else.
They for sure thought everything is alright with the young boy. Nothing can be wrong with a boy who prefers 100% girls.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:08 AM   #69
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockierer View Post
In puberty I had a "secret" collection of magazins (large boobs & chubby girls) so to my parents "secret" delight it was proved that I am obviously not gay or something unusual else.
They for sure thought everything is alright with the young boy. Nothing can be wrong with a boy who prefers 100% girls.
You always have a way of making a thread brighter

Old 05-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #70
Shinobi_Hime-Sama
Found Mr. Right...I hope.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

My parents don't know that I even come here on this site. My dad is pretty fat-phobic and yet he's fat himself, I hear him making fun of my mom all the time because she's not so skinny herself. And I guess the truth is, I have no idea how they would react if they knew. My sister is dating this guy who's fat my dad doesn't seem to mind him (probably because he's my nephew's father), but he also gets along with everyone pretty much.
Shinobi_Hime-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #71
Bagalute

Bagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBagalute is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I guess for my parents it's some sort of cognitive dissonance. They love my gf to death but generally speaking they are not really fat-positive. They have both male and female fat friends but like to negatively comment on them as well when they're not around. Gosh how I like to be mentally challenging for my parents
Bagalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #72
Slamaga
An headbanger's journey

Slamaga can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSlamaga can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I didn't even said that I was an FA to nobody. When I am talking about fat people to some of my near friends, they say thay cannot understand why a guy would be attracted by a bbw. My parents are very active person and I'm sure it will create dissonance to them if I tell them.
everything of their host
the earth, bed of love
and life, all above
us, because of time
we can't live love beyond our time
Slamaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #73
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

My mom's accepting of it. My father accepts it as well, which is weird, because he (and my oldest sister) is a fatophobe. Ah, well, who cares what he thinks about how I likes my women? lol
Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #74
nykspree8
Rico Sauce

nykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamaga View Post
I didn't even said that I was an FA to nobody. When I am talking about fat people to some of my near friends, they say thay cannot understand why a guy would be attracted by a bbw. My parents are very active person and I'm sure it will create dissonance to them if I tell them.
Soooo...you're one of those guys who likes to creep around the shadows with his bbw/ssbbw gf so they aren't seen together?? Shame on you....

Anyways...my parents don't care at all, long as the girl makes me happy is what they're concerned about.
nykspree8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #75
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!

See I think that whilst what you are saying is fair, its also more than a bit harsh. Especially when you consider that you have an 'easy' familial situation and Slamaga doesn't. Lets keep things supportive here rather than cast shame upon each other. Everyone gets a different upbringing and believe me, parents can have a huge impact on the way one develops as an FA. Just because yours were chill doesn't give you a pass to judge other FAs. Have you thought about how Slamaga's girlfriends might feel in this equation? How would you feel about it if you knew that your boyfriend's parents were vicously judgemental... would that be the fault of the FA?

Its a complicated thing and people are too ready to label things as black or white when it comes to FAs and family situations. Honesty is the paramount factor... but tact and consideration are pretty damned important too!
James is offline   Reply With Quote